About You [COMPLETED]

Por gxtx_me

What happens when your boyfriend goes missing without a trace? When his whole family just vanishes and all y... Más

CAST
-One- BEFORE: How it all began
-Two-
-Three-
-Four-
-Five-
-Six-
-Seven-
-Eight-
-Ten-
-Eleven-
-Twelve-
-Thirteen-
-Fourteen-
-Fifteen-
-Sixteen-
-Seventeen- AFTER: Seven years later
-Eighteen-
-Nineteen-
-Twenty-
-Twenty one-
-Twenty two-
-Twenty three-
-Twenty four-
-Twenty five-
-Twenty six-
-Not a chapter-
-Twenty seven-
-Twenty eight-
-Twenty nine-
-Thirty-
-Thirty one-
-Thirty two-
-Thirty three-
-Thirty four-

-Nine-

49 8 0
Por gxtx_me

"So we are all going to shop, together!" Kam squealed in excitement. It seemed that she was more interested in buying something to wear rather than going for the actual dance. And so there we were, choosing dresses and having fun at the mall. It took four long hours to finally get dresses everyone was satisfied with. Just your choice never matters, it has to be approved by all of your fashion friendly buddies.

"So tell us all that happened" Kam intrigued with reference to that evening with Dan, when we reached their home. I was sitting on the couch and the other three were seated around me, cushions propped on their lap to keep their elbows on. "Haven't I already told you the details?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Not all" Mel stretched the 'all' part with a smirk plastered onto her face. "Well I remember telling everything to you guys. And that is all that happened. Nothing else" I confirmed whilst giving a crazy grin and got up to leave, for I had lots of homework to do.
x-x

The week was moving pretty slow. It's always that way when you wait for something good to happen. Classes went on as usual and the days seemed to get longer and longer although winter was coming.

"Pass that ball!" Howard called out during a physical education class on one Tuesday. It was the last period and I was playing cricket with Theo and some of our classmates while Howard and Ace practiced for their upcoming football match. Theo could have passed the ball being closer to it but I broke into a run to kick it. Not taking notice of the cricket bats placed on the field, I ran, tripped on one of them and fell, twisting my ankle at an odd angle. "You alright!?" Howard shouted from the other end of the field, increasing his pace to reach me. "I guess so" I shifted my right leg under me to sit in a more comfortable position and rubbed my left ankle.

"Can you move it?" Ace asked, staring at my foot with a concerned look. "Yeah" I shook my foot only to realise the pangs of pain that followed. I gave him an agonised smile which worsened his expression. "It isn't broken right?" he asked. "Nah, I'm sure it's just a sprain or something" I assured him. He looked more shocked than I was.

By then Howard, Kam, Theo and a few others had also crowded around me. I hate it when people do that but tried acting like I didn't mind. "I could use some help here" I said, raising my hands to anyone who could give some support.

Theo was the first to react. He put his hand under my arms and hoisted me up on my legs. "Thank you" I sighed with relief. Dan and Liz emerged from hallways on receiving the news from someone. Dan was quick in coming to my aid and appeared on my other side to support me, doing exactly what Theo had done.

I was a sight to observe. One girl with her arms around two cute guys of the school; every girl in the campus was looking. I suppressed my urge to smile despite the constant throbs in my ankle. We reached the medical room of our college and the staff immediately made me sit on the bed. They made me hold an ice pack on my swollen ankle for some 10 minutes and then wrapped my foot in a temporary plaster.

"You got to consult a doctor, there might be ligament damage" the nurse informed me with a serious face. "I can walk if I transfer most of my weight on my right--" I was interrupted by the nurse. "No dear, it's best if you just rest your foot. Don't walk or do anything that will bring pressure on the affected area" she said, lowering my leg onto the ground. "And the dance?" I asked with a feeling of horror. "I'm afraid that's a no too, unless the pain stops by then, but that can't happen. An injured ankle doesn't heal in four days" she said, shattering all the hope and excitement that had built up inside me.

Theo and Dan were waiting for me, a grim expression on both of their faces. "I will go to the dance, don't worry" I told them. But I was sure it was something else that was bothering Dan. "First get your ankle repaired" Dan said. "You do have a thing for being clumsy" he smiled which made the butterflies flutter in my stomach. "Let's get you home" Theo said and helped me get inside a taxi and dropped me at my place.

"Thanks man" I said on reaching. "Anytime" he grinned. Then remembering the expression on Dan's face on exiting the medical room, I asked Theo, "Did you say anything to Dan?"
"No we were just talking"
"You sure?"
"Yeah, why would I ever say anything? After all, I'm such a sweetheart" he laughed. "Okay" I smiled "I believe you"
x-x

I liked the attention I was receiving, but the constant thoughts of not being able to attend the dance, troubled me. I had my glasses on, then why hadn't I seen the bats placed on the ground. I had been to the doctor's and she had said that what I had was a sprain. It would take shorter time than serious ligament damage to heal but I still couldn't make it till the dance.

The pain had receded by Friday and I could walk with a visible limp. Dan had come to visit with Matt. "You look dull" Matt told me. "I know" I responded gloomily. Liz brought some snacks for all of us and we sat and talked. "Your plaster is off which is a big achievement" said Dan who was trying to lift my spirits. "Let's just hope that everything becomes fine by Sunday" I said with my fingers crossed in front of me.
x-x

Sunday did come, a bright day if I must say, with the winter chill and the sun overhead. And the best part, I could walk well enough! "Must be your will power" commented a grinning Mel who was happy that I would be able to make it. Mom was still worried but I explained everything to which she agreed, but half heartedly.

"Honey I know how it would feel to miss the first prom ever" she had said. "It's not a prom, it's just a dance" I had corrected her for the third time during our conversation. "Same thing" my dad spoke over the speaker. He was the one who had convinced my mom that it was fine to dance with a half healed injury, and so there I was, getting all ready to have the time of my life.

I had even called Dan and informed him of my decision. "Will you be able to walk?" was the first thing he asked but I could make out the happiness in his voice. "Not walk, I can dance!" I said excitedly and told him that he could arrive by 6:00 in the evening.

Liz and Kam helped me with my hair and light make-up. My hair was put up in a bun with light curled strands falling on the sides of my face. As for the make up, it was just a tad bit of compact powder which I was forced to put by them. The lip gloss and eyeliner were the key elements on my face with some highlights here and there. I had to agree, it looked marvellous.

As for the gown I wore, it was golden. The top part shimmered with golden sequins and embroidery. There was a region of net on the waist and lace on the back. The golden drape of the gown reached all the way down to my feet. That dress was a work of splendid creativity.

"You look gorgeous" Liz said looking at me from head to toe. "Thanks to me" she laughed. "Hey! No fair, I am pretty alright" I fake pouted and then smiled and thanked them for helping me out. Don't know what I would have done without them.

I had just finished wearing accessories when the doorbell rang, making my stomach go in knots. I was nervous to meet Dan, it was a different feeling. Nervous as though I was going to give a speech in front of a huge audience. "Open the door!" Lisa screamed from within the washroom. "Yeah I'm going" I said and rushed downstairs, being careful not to catch my foot in the skirt and fall.

I stood in front of the door and looked at the mirror on the adjacent wall. When did I become so conscious of my looks? Moving my hands over the gown, I straightened out the fabric for the hundredth time. I never had thought that opening the door would be so hard. Leaning forward, I unlocked the door and opened it.

The cool rush of wind brought a mild scent of perfume. Dan stood on the doorstep with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Good evening" he greeted, but my voice was caught back somewhere in my throat. He didn't look cute, no. He looked hot. Breathtakingly handsome in a tuxedo. He always had the looks factor on his side, but something about that evening brought distinct feels.

"Thank you, they are beautiful" I said as he handed me the flowers, and I'm sure I must have looked stupid, just standing there and staring. Then realising that he was present on my doorstep, I called him in. "Please sit, I'll be back in a moment" I told him and went upstairs to get my clutch. "Liz, Dan's come, I'll get going" I informed her and went back down. "Okay!" her sound followed.

I was going down the steps, holding a part of my gown up, so that I wouldn't step on it, when he stood up and looked right at me in the eye. "You're so beautiful" he said and smiled. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and looked down to hide the fact that I was blushing. "Thank you" I said. "You look just like a prince" I continued. "Really? Thank you princess" he showed his dimples. I was going crazy on the inside for the fact that he called me a princess but I didn't show it.

Taking support of the wall, I bent to pick the heels and wore each of them slowly, being cautious not to hurt my foot. Heels were a wrong choice but I had still decided to wear them. "Here, be careful" I heard Dan and he brought a chair for me to sit on. "Thanks Dan" I said. It was this nature of his that made anyone like him. Once I was done wearing them, we left.

He took my hand into his while we walked from the door to the road where a BMW was parked. It was dark and the windows had a tint due to which I couldn't see anything inside. Dan opened the door for me to get in the back seat. "Who's driving" I asked him before getting in and pulling the gown inside too. "I am" I heard a familiar voice from the driver's seat and he turned to face me with a broad smile. "Matt!" I smiled back. He wore a smart white shirt with a brown suit, the blazer of which lay on the seat beside him. "Gorgeous young lady in my car" he smiled to himself. "Thanks" I chuckled. "Yeah Matt, Serena is going with 'me' to the dance" Dan frowned, to which I and Matt laughed. "Don't you worry, no one's stealing her" Matt said and we moved off to the venue.

I thanked Matt and got out of the car on reaching the place. Gloria hall at Westside Avenue was a sight for sore eyes. It resembled the ballrooms one got to see in Disney movies. Everyone looked so happy and well dressed. The atmosphere itself spread positive vibes. I caught a table and placed my clutch on it.

"Hey!" Kam arrived with Howard. She wore a turquoise sleeveless gown which looked perfect on her. "And Dan, gosh you look great!" she smiled at me and him. Howard had worn a dark grey three piece suit with a beige bow tie. Melanie and Ace had arrived along with Lisa and Theodore. Mel looked gorgeous in a red off shoulder gown with laced half sleeves. Ace had come in black formals with a little red rose in his coat pocket.
Lisa's indigo dress looked fabulous when paired with Theo's navy blue suit with which he had worn a maroon tie. In all, we looked picture perfect.

The time had come, when we all took our places on the floor with our chosen partner. Dan made me feel no less than a royal. He had one hand behind his back the entire time before the music was even played, being the prince that he was. I decided to play along. I held the two sides of my dress, crossed my left foot behind the right and gave a deep bow before getting up again. "Everyone's looking" he whispered in my ear. "Let them, I don't care what they think of me" I whispered back which made him smile. "I like that" he said.

The soft piano music started playing and I got a little nervous as I had never done anything like it before. As though reading my mind Dan said, "I know how it feels but I have had very little experience myself" which gave me some confidence. "May I?" he asked, bringing his hand from behind his back. "Yes you may" I smiled.

He placed his hand on my waist, the part of the dress where there was just net instead of fabric. I took a loud intake of breath at the cold touch of his fingers. "I'm sorry" he quickly removed his hand and rubbed his palms together. Great! I had made him feel awkward.
"It's okay" I smiled normally "you can place them back".
"Alright then" he laughed softly, repositioning his hand and took my left palm in his right. It was the closest I had ever been to a crush. My heart was thumping throughout my time with him, so loud, I wondered if he could hear it. "Follow my steps" he smiled and made it a lot easier for me.

The sudden change in sound track after a good twenty minutes caught everyone's attention, as fast beats filled the position of the previously delicate sound waves. It took over me immediately. "You dance well!" Dan shouted from over the music as colourful lights flashed from everywhere. "I dance crazily!" I laughed and pulled him towards the center to join me. "Oh I can't do this" he just looked at me. "Come on, anyone can. You just have to forget that there are people around you and be yourself" I held his hands and made him follow me as we moved in unison. I chuckled as I saw him register the beats before getting the hang of it.

After having our fill of food, we went out to talk. The music slowly seemed to get farther and farther away as we walked away from the source of the sound. I removed my heels and held them in my hands, walking barefoot on the ground. "Better?" Dan asked me, eyeing the footwear I held. "Never imagined that such simple things would bring me so much happiness" I laughed. "And yeah, thanks Dan, I enjoyed your company" I said, before I got going. "Thanks? Since when did you get so formal with me" he smirked. "Um.. probably just for today" I winked.

"See you tomorrow in school. I had an amazing time" I said, when we reached back home by Uber. "Well to carry on the tradition of being formal, I had a lovely time too" he said, getting out of the car and coming till the door.

"I'll take leave of you then" he said and was about to go when I reached forward and kissed him on the cheek. "What was that for?" he asked, grinning and turning so red that it was seen even in the dark. "For everything" I replied.
x-x

A/N
Hey there readers!
I had this chapter on my mind for so long, I'm so happy that I've finally written it! If you like it, please give it a vote.
Thanks to all those who give my story a chance. It feels really good.
Cheers,
Gauri.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1K 95 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
216K 5K 39
"Daniel asked me to be his girlfriend," she spoke softly. The color rushed out of my face hearing the few words making my mouth grow dry. I tried to...
353K 4.8K 15
" Leave me Tristen " I yelled in pain as he kept his hold tight on my arm. His face was inch away from mine " You are mine . I won't leave you not to...
421K 15.6K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...