Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 102」

360 14 12
By lazilazuli

A/N: Thought this chapter was going to be at most being a bit over 2k...It ended up being over 3k.....ANYWAYS hope you guys enjoy!

After that email reached the first 9 people of your group, the email was sent to the rest of the students at your university. Everywhere you went, people were staring, snickering and gossiping about what you could only assume was not just your tarnished relationship, but the scandalous video.

"I'm free this period, so I'm going to the student lounge. If I'm there, I don't have to hear much of the gossiping."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

You shook your head, giving him a reassuring smile. "No, it's alright. I don't want you to miss your class for me."

"If it's to make you feel better, then I'll miss class for the next 2 weeks."

You pushed your bottom lip forward. "Don't talk so recklessly. Besides, what makes you think I'll still be upset for so long?"

"Don't get me wrong. Just because we haven't seen each other for some time, doesn't mean that I've forgotten how you are. I know how you get when you're upset. Sulking for the longest until you get some ice cream in your hands," he chuckled.

It was only Jungkook who could get you laughing and smiling, despite being in this kind of situation. "I'll be okay, really."

Jungkook looked conflicted at your words. He wanted to keep you by your side and keep you company, comfort you in your time of hurting. But, then again, he wanted to respect your wishes and let you go. "If that's what you really want."

"I'll see you later."

"I'll walk slowly, just in case you text and tell me to turn back, okay?"

--"She gets around fast, doesn't she? First Taehyung sunbae and now Jungkook sunbae?"

"What a--"--

"Watch your fucking mouth!" Jungkook's strong bark stunned the two girls in their spots for a couple of seconds before they hurriedly scurried off, out of sight. He then turned back to you with his brows creased and a pout in his lips.

The smile that Jungkook had so effortlessly created, had fallen in a near instant. "Bye, Kookie."

"Bye..." Jungkook was left to stand there to watch you walk off. His annoyance quickly left him in exchange for a yearning feeling. With a sigh and a shake of his head, he turned right on around and went upstairs. On his way down the hallway to his class, he found the rest of the guys crowded to one part of the hallway. It was when Jin spotted and waved him down, that he heard his name being called.

"Jungkook-ah," Jin spotted and called their maknae over to the rest of the group, "did you get that email from Sumin, too?"

"Yeah..." his gaze fell to the floor.

"What's wrong? You look like you didn't get much sleep."

Jungkook huffed through his nose. His jaw became clenched, and his muscles started to tense at the mere thought last night's events. He spent the rest of the night trying to calm you down and take your mind off of schemes to try and kill Kim Taehyung. Thinking of such things was to be left to him alone.

And when he got home, he watched the video, but only to have himself get so pissed off that he couldn't fall asleep. So yes, he was tired.

"Did you guys even see it?" he asked.

Hoseok went wide-eyed. "You mean you actually watched it?" he scoffed in disgust. "You're something else."

"I had already finished eating by the time I got it," Yoongi said.

"Why the heck would you even watch that in the first place?" Namjoon asked.

"Because it stars that piece of shit, that's why!" he barked.

"You mean our piece of shit?" Jin asked.

"Who else?" The boys all exchanged the usual looks. Taehyung had, yet again, screwed up. "I think Sumin sent it to Joyeong first before the rest of the building got it. But that piece of shit...He always claims that he loves her, but he does this? How can you expect to show your love to Jiyeong, if you've had your own heart screwed over in the past."

"Now I feel like I have to see it," Hoseok said. He was already scrolling and tapping around his phone to get to this video. "Oh, I found--"

"Don't look at it!" The maknae's roar earned a few stares in their group's direction. His breathing started to become uneven. As for his blood, it was beginning to boil. Jungkook knew that if he were to hear that video again, he would feel obligated to go around the building until he found that specific bastard to hurt. "I'm going to class," was all he said before turning and leaving his hyung's to their business.

'I'm really not in the mood for class. Maybe I should I go down to the lounge and skip.' After all that's been going on, there was no way he would have the motivation to go and sit through a 2 to 3-hour lecture about his major. It just wasn't happening. So, that's where he went. He took the shortcut down to the lounge and found himself walking down the hallway towards the peaceful room. But just before he reached the door--

"Taehyung oppa!"

He turned back, only to find 2 out of his many fangirls, walking up to him with promiscuous smirks to their faces.

"Oppa, are you fitting girls into your schedule again? If you are, how about the 3 of us have a threesome after class."

"And why would you think I'd be interested in that?"

"Because," she dangled her phone in front of his face, "you looked like you were having so much fun with this girl, it just made us think you were done with that whole fake relationship thing with that girl you were always with. Plus, it made us miss the fun we used to have all the mo--"

Taehyung's eyes shot open before he snatched the girl's phone clean out her hands. It was the video. "But how?" he muttered. He could have sworn he deleted it from her gallery. But then, what about unless she had it stored elsewhere on her phone. Anxiety was pounding at his chest like crazy. "W-wait, do you have this, too?" he looked to the other girl beside her.

"Yeah," she nodded. "But, I doubt we're the only ones though. The whole building is talking about it. It's like the biggest news at this point."

"Oh, no..." He found pain in the center of his throat after a hard swallow. If this video was sent to the entire school, then that means that you would have gotten to see the video for sure. Taehyung started to feel pricks at his forehead, while fear swirled on his head and chest.

"Oppa, can I have my phone back now?" The girl asked, with her hand held out.

"Here." He dropped the phone in her hand and turned back to the lounge.

"Oppa, does that mean you'll reserve us for after school?"

It wasn't like Taehyung was ignoring her, it was more like he couldn't hear her at all. All he could he hear at this point was your never-ending sobs that echoed on and on in his head. The young male just pulled open the doors to the lounge and dragged his heavy feet into the room.

"What're you doing here?"

When Taehyung took a glimpse up ahead, he felt his heart plunge a couple feet below. Jiyeong..." There you were, sitting in silence with a book in your hands, surrounded by empty chairs and tables. He had finally found you. "Jiyeong," he muttered your name again. "Jiyeong, I'm sorry." Was the next line to leave his mouth. "I'm so, so sorry."

When you eyed him up and down, there were beads of sweat rolled down the side of his frantic face. But, from the second he said your name--no, from when you saw his guilt-ridden face, you could feel nothing but anger boiling up from deep within.

All you could hear from this guy, continuously for the next couple of seconds, was: sorry. And each sorry that came from his mouth, was just another drop of fuel to your rage. What you really wanted to do, was knock him down and stomp on him like the shit he was, but another part of you really wanted to mess with him.

"I'm really, really--"

"Stop apologizing about the kiss already," you cut him off. "I don't want to hear it anymore."

"Huh?" he blinked in confusion. It became Taehyung's turn to inspect you. He kept looking you up and down, checking out your emotion and body language in detail but most importantly replaying your words. 'The kiss?'

"Even though you were the piece of shit that cheated first, I also cheated on you as well. But, you understand how I was feeling, don't you?"

"Yes, but--"

"We were both in the wrong, so let's leave it there."

"Wait. What?" He was really confused now. Just the other day you were about to break up with him, and now you were forgiving him and telling him to forget about all that. "You--I--" He couldn't seem to form a proper sentence. "Don't you want to talk about this more?"

"What's the point in that? You've learned from your mistake, haven't you?"

"Well, yes--"

"And I'm sure you'd never do anything detrimental to our relationship again, right?"

That was when those parted lips could no longer utter a sound. "Jiyeong," he walked over and stood before you, sweaty palms and all. "I have som--" While he was trying to speak, it felt as if all the moisture in his mouth had suddenly gone. "Aish..." he clammed his eyes shut. Why did it have to be so hard?

"Here," you reached in your bag and pulled out half a bottle of water. "Take it. You look like you really, really need it."

"Mm." You could hear the slight tremble in that hum of his. Once he took the bottle, he took himself a swig, but quickly found himself wanting more than just a mouthful. By the time he was finished, the bottle was empty. "O--Okay," he pulled out a seat, and took himself a seat. "I have something to tell you." But, his eyes were beginning to wander around the room. Anywhere but your eyes were practically safe.

"Before that," you turned and slipped your phone out from your bag's side pocket. "I want to show you something. A little video I found it not too long ago. And it seems to a be a real hit, y'know what I mean? It didn't have a title, but I'm pretty sure if it did, it'd be: 'Piece of Trash Cheats on His Girlfriend with University Slut'."

At this point in time, Taehyung felt all feeling drain out of his body. His heart felt like it was sunken to a point of no return, and he didn't dare to turn his eyes towards that screen.

You glanced at him and saw how sickly he looked. You then put your phone face down on the table. "What, not in the mood to watch your own home-made porno? I thought you'd you'd be proud of your little accomplishment." Your tone was beginning to rise.

"Jiyeong," he watched as you pushed your seat back. "I can exp--" Before his sentence was complete, his head was already turned in another direction, with a sharp sting sitting on the side of his face.

"Shut up!" you screeched. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? You really slept with her?!"

Taehyung just sat there, without a word to say, letting the sting of your slap irritate his skin. It was so powerful, that for sure the mark would need more than a day to heal. His head was hung low, and a deep and stressful sigh escaped his lips. 'Here we go...'

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you as tired and stressed out as much as I am after seeing this?"

"No..."

"You no good piece of shit. How could you?"

"I--I was drunk."

"'You were drunk'? You were drunk?! Just how piss drunk did you get to end up sleeping with another woman!?"

"I don't remember." His words were barely audible, but they were loud enough for you to hear and set off a fire behind your words.

"And this is exactly why I keep hearing from other people that you're no good! You just keep on proving them right, every time you do shit like this!" There were no tears because it was all rage. Nothing but rage sitting in your chest.

"Both Jungkook and Mingyu kept telling me that I deserved someone better than you. Someone who wouldn't hurt me like the way you have. That kiss between Mingyu and I only happened, because in my weakest time, he was there. Showing me a love that you can't seem to properly give me."

Taehyung scoffed and turned away from you. 'Someone better? You dumbass, you got rejected, just like I knew you would.' He knew that he was the one who screwed up the most, but just hearing you explain the kiss you had between that douche, really pissed him the hell off.

"What the--Oh, I see." An amused chuckle came from you. You folded your arms over your chest and shifted your weight onto one foot. "So, you're trying to deny your part in this? You, who started this whole mess? I admit I was wrong for kissing him back, but you know what, if you hadn't been acting like such an ass lately, then a situation like that would've never happened! For all I know, you could've gone behind my back and screwed Kyunghee that same day you kissed her!"

Taehyung went silent. All this drama with Sumin, and you trying to break up with him, nearly made him forget about it.

"Did you sleep with her, too?!"

Your sudden shouted yanked him back to the present. "I didn't!"

"And how do I know that for sure?"

"Just believe me--"

"'Believe you'?" you scoffed, "Believe me', he says. Do you know how many times I've 'believed' in you, yet somehow always paid for it? It's because I believed in you that you were able to go behind my back and do something with Kyunghee. Why did you do it? Why did you have to kiss her?" Not a single sound, much less word, was uttered from those lips of his.

"Are you listening to me?" You looked him up and down but still. Nothing. "Yah!" You raised your hand to slap him, but he saw your hand coming and grabbed a hold of your wrist before any impact could be made to his cheek. "Get off of me!" You threw your hand down to shake his grip loose. "You really have nothing to say, do you? You bastard!"

"Jiyeong, when I kissed Kyunghee, it was a day when we I saw that bastard all over you. I saw the two of you, and I started to think that maybe things were going to end up like when I was with Kyunghee again..."

"That's fucking crazy! I'm not your ex! We're two completely different people, inside and out!"

"I know, but--it's all that guy's fault. If he wasn't trying to chase after you, then--"

"Mingyu! Mingyu! Mingyu! You always seem to like justifying your actions by putting the blame on Mingyu. Just what is it really about him that makes your balls itch?! Was it Mingyu who told you to kiss Kyunghee?"

"...No."

"Did Mingyu lead you to the bar and tell you to get drunk off your ass, so that you'd eventually end up sleeping with Sumin?"

"No."

"Who the hell do you think I am, huh, Kim Taehyung? Do you think I should've kept my mouth shut forever and continue to let you play me for a fool?"

"I wasn't playing you for a fool! I just--I thought that you stopped loving me."

Your squint was automatic. It was like you were staring at the biggest dumbass of them all, spouting nothing but bullshit. "'Stopped loving you'? Oh my G--" A scoff escaped your lips as your hands smoothed up and down your face. The more nonsense he continued to spout, the less sanity you were able to contain. You took a deep breath and sighed greatly.

"You don't understand how hurt I am by everything you've done to me so far. But even after you accused me for something I didn't do, lied to me, and kept secrets from me, my feeling for you never changed. Even after you kissed Kyunghee, my heart still couldn't let you go." The sadness began to pour down on you once again. Just remembering about all the times he's done you wrong was just heartbreaking.

"I have never, not once, stopped loving. Despite you acting like a complete asshole, my heart has always been yours. You know that! So don't dare try and tell me that you thought I stopped loving you!"

Taehyung licked his dry lips moist and ran his long fingers through his slightly sweaty hair stressfully. "Jiyeong-ah..." He couldn't find the words to say to fix this entire situation.

"I feel like such an idiot, for actually believing that I could become someone very special to you. Someone that could make you smile all the time, and make your heart flutter all the time, just like you did for me."

"You are that very special someone. I've had so many good moments together with you. Moments that I've been grateful enough to share with no one else but you. It's because you came into my life, that I changed. Before you, I wasn't happy at all. I was still upset about the past, but you quickly made me forget about that. You're the girl of my dreams."

"Really? Because I don't feel like it. I feel--" your voice finally cracked under your hearts pressure. Hot tears stung away at your sockets; even putting a crinkle in your nose. "I feel like just another girl that was just supposed to open up her legs for you."

"No, no, no," he raised, his hands, trying to calm you down. "You're nothing like those other girls. Please, don't think that way. You're worth so much more to me."

How could he do this to the girl he cares the most about? He's made you do nothing but cry and become angry over these past few weeks, and he hasn't shown anything to try and make up for it. All he had done was put the blame on Mingyu and get himself drunk like some idiot.

"I know that a lot of things have been hard for you up until now--"

--You scoffed.

"--but I'm telling you that I really do love you."

"No, Taehyung," you shook your head. "I don't think you know what love is, and I don't think that you'll ever be able to find that out, because as long as there is a girl nearby that's willing, you won't be able to properly understand, nor feel the bittersweet experience that is falling love. Falling in love is the restless nights you have, because you're thinking of that one person and that one person only. The heartaches of jealousy that happen whenever they're giving their attention to a person that isn't you, yet also the swarm of butterflies you feel when you talk to or about that person, or even just being near them. Can you really stand here before me and tell me that you've felt all of these things before this moment?"

"Yes!" he exclaimed.

"You've made it near impossible to tell."

"Jiyeong, please," he could feel tears of his own beginning to well up, "I know I keep messing up, but this time really wasn't my fault. I swear to you, nothing like this will ever happ--"

"You always say that! And that's all you'll keep saying in the future if I let you!"

He clammed up.

"I regret, with every fiber of my being, losing my virginity to the likes of you." Tears finally began to spill down your cheeks as the anguish that filled your heart to the brim had finally peaked over. "And I'm starting to regret giving my heart to you, too." Why should you listen to someone with no meaning behind the words they speak?

"Baby, please, please, don't cry." Taehyung reached a finger out to wipe away your falling tears but had his hand weakly swatted away.

"There's no stopping the person that you are, sunbae." You sniffled, wiping away your tears. You took up your phone and snatched up your bag from the back of the chair. "Goodbye." You finally turned your back on him and started walking towards the door.

"Jiyeong, please don't go!"

"If you really love me like you say you do, you'll let me go." You then pushed open the door and disappeared behind the corner.

"Yah!" There was a crack in his voice when the lump in his throat tried choking him back. "Get back here!"

A rush of frustration ran through Taehyung in an instant. He then turned to the nearest chair and kicked it. "Shit!" He went over to another and kicked it over as well.

The devastated youth crouched down to his knees, feeling as if he had lost everything. A pain greater than anything he's ever felt before started to settle in. His tears. They started to run from his eyes like a never-ending stream. Taehyung had a tight grip on his locks as he began to sob out his broken heart. "It hurts, Jiyeong..." he mumbled as he continued to feel the force of his grief. "It hurts so much..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...
53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
90.4K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
506 30 18
He doesn't believe in love, he only believes in lust. But what if she wants love? Choi Sara is a girl like others who dreams of succeeding in the fu...