Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 101」

344 9 15
By lazilazuli

Monday morning arrived, and it was more stressful and annoying than usual. Taehyung was looking for you at any time that he could. In between classes, while passing through the hallway. Even at the end of his day, he went searching for you.

"Minji-ah, Jiminnie." He found the both of them sitting in the library, all close and cozy. "Have you seen Jiyeong?"

As Jimin looked from Minji to his friend, his smile slowly started to fade. "You're still looking for her? Are you sure she's just gone lost to you only?"

Taehyung started chewing on his bottom lip. "If you haven't seen her, I'm gonna go."

"What's with that look--"

"Seeya!" Before she could even finish what she was going to ask, Taehyung ran off, leaving her and Jimin to their couple time.

"Shh!" The librarian held a finger to her lip, and mean glare in her eyes.

"It wasn't us!" Minji retorted, while directing a hand to the male that just left.

"Shhh!"

Minji just shook her head and turned back around. "The lady is really getting on my nerves."

"Don't pay her any mind," Jimin took her by the waist and pulled her close. "I'm the one who you're supposed to be giving your attention to."

Minji rolled her eyes, yet blushed like no tomorrow. She leaned over and pecked his soft cheeks. "Your cheeks are so soft," she cooed. And to his delight, she grabbed his face and started landing kissing all over.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was walking out into the hallway from class, when he saw Taehyung speed walking past him.

'I hope his balls are on fire.' Just as the thought finished, Jungkook felt a buzz in his back pocket. When he took a look at this phone, he found a text message from you saying:

To which he quickly replied:

Right after that, Jungkook took a bus ride and walk down to your house. With a ring of the doorbell, he waited a couple seconds until he was standing face to face with his beloved childhood friend.

"I'm here," he held up a hand in greeting. But, he immediately became distracted after taking sudden notice of your unusual home clothing choice. Black leggings and a hooded sweater.

"Thanks for coming, Kookie," you reached out and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him down a bit for a hug.

He wrapped his arms around your waist and back in return. "S-sure."

"Let's go to my room, it's warmer than anywhere else in the house."

Jungkook stopped mid slip of his shoe and looked at you while you took a head start there. There wasn't anything special in your walk, but it was the show from the curves of your lower half that got him mesmerized. 'Jungkookie, calm down. Get your head out of the gutters. Nothing's going to happen.' Yet he still found it difficult to take his eyes away from your figure. 'Lord, give me strength.'

Jungkook walked into your room and already found you sitting on your bed, a leg tucked under you, while the other hung off the edge of the bed.

"Come sit," you patted the spot beside you, and watched him walk over and take his place.

"So, what's up? What's with the pouty look," he chuckled while taking a little poke at your exposed forehead. But when he realized that the pout hadn't moved, his smile dimmed down.

"I need to talk to you."

"Don't hold back," he prepared himself, "You know you can tell me anything," he reached and picked up one of your soft hands."

"I know," you nodded. "Do you...remember Mingyu-ssi?"

"The guy Taehyung is always acting up over? Yeah. What about him?"

Your gaze fell down towards the sheets. "Yesterday, right when we were talking about Taehyung, he suddenly asked me to meet up with him. He didn't tell me why, but I could tell that it was important. When I got there, he showed me a video of that idiot kissing Kyunghee." When you looked up to check for Jungkook's reaction, you could see how tense his features had become. Not good. By the sudden change of irregular breath, you could tell he was starting to steam.

And that was when the Jeon Jungkook shot up from your bed and started heading towards the door. Fists were folded, and an intimidating look written all over his face. You started to panic and jumped up right after him. "Jungkook, wait!" You caught him just when he had his hand around the doorknob. You grabbed him by his veiny forearm, trying to keep him from leaving. "Where're you going?"

"I'm going to pay that fucker a visit! He has to be home by now."

"Stop it!"

Jungkook's head snapped back to you. "Why are you stopping me? Are you protecting him? Well, don't! He deserves to have his ass handed to him!"

"Don't go...I need you right now."

Jungkook stopped at those 3 little words. I need you. With a droop of his shoulders and heavy sigh released from his lips, the youth ran a stressful hand through his bangs. "Do you finally see why I think he's not good enough for you?" He turned to you, a look of sadness covering his entire face. "This is why..." he tried to regulate his breathing once more. 'This is why I wanted you to pick me instead.'

"I'm not finished, yet," you shook your head. You took him by the hand and pulled him back to your bed to sit down. "After watching that, I ran out of that cafe and started to cry. A lot. But, it was Mingyu who comforted me the entire time and walked me home. I didn't feel right just letting him leave, so I invited him inside and gave him something to drink and eat. But then I got emotional again when he asked me something about him, and that's when he ended up confessing his feelings to me."

Jungkook squinted. "He confessed?" He didn't even know the bastard all that well, but he was beginning to find dislike within him.

"And then," you lowered your gaze to your still held hands, "he kissed me."

He scoffed, his tongue poking at his cheek. "Are you fuc--"

"And I let him."

"What?!" Jungkook looked you up and down. "You--Why?" Jungkook stared at you in awe with parted lips of disbelief.

"I tried stopping him at first! But then...I--I don't know what came over me. I feel so stupid for letting something like that happen. I've got a project due with him in a couple of days, and I just don't know how to face him anymore."

"Jiyeong, please don't tell me that you're starting to like that guy."

"No, of course not! I had to reject him, not only because I didn't feel the same way as him, but because my heart is still with Taehyung sun--"

"Are you saying that you still have feelings for that fucker even after all that he did? The secrets, the accusations, and now this?"

You bit your lip before parting them to speak. "I know the same caring idiot that I fell for long before is still in there. He has to be."

"You've only known him for a couple months! It hasn't been that long!" A look of sadness cloaked your features. It was then that Jungkook realized the fault in his words. He accidentally let go part of his frustrations, the ones that you weren't supposed to ever hear.

"It might have only been a couple months, but in here," you put a hand to your chest, "it feels even longer." And that was the truth. It wasn't even half a year since you met Taehyung, but during the times that you got close, though it might have been rocky, you established a sincere connection with him. But these days, you honestly couldn't figure out what went wrong. Is it you? Maybe you're not good enough for him anymore? Or is it just him? Maybe he fell out of his seemingly proclaimed love.

"Sorry," he hung his head. "I didn't mean for it to come out like that. It's just that, I'm frustrated. Frustrated, because he can't seem to figure out what kind of girl he has. I care about you so much. I know you know. I told you. So, you have to understand how hard it is for me to see you hurt like this. If only," he pulled back and caressed your cheek. "If only I had stolen your heart instead, you wouldn't be like this."

"Jungkook..." Your eyes fell to his gentle hand. "I'm a real idiot, aren't I? The biggest one. I was about to break up with him, but I just couldn't do it."

"You're no idiot. You're just confused."

A frown took to your face. "Jungkook, I'm not confused," you shook your head.

Jungkook had his eyes down on the pouty lips before him. 'I want to kiss you so badly.' he thought, while chewing on his bottom lips. And as if it was automatic, his parted lips drew closer towards yours. "If only--" But he stopped, just centimeters away. "If only you were mine." From your lips, back to your eyes, his hand then slid down from your cheek. 'I can give you so much more than that bastard. I can show you what real love is, and not that half-assed shit that he likes to call it.'

All of sudden, a buzzing notification was heard.

"Oh, that's me," you said, reaching over to your rake your phone off the bed. "I bet it's that jerkface." But, when you looked at it, the message it wasn't Taehyung at all. "A random numb--Oh no," your brows furrowed. "It's Sumin. She's probably thought of a response to give me after our fight."

"You fought Sumin?"

"Not physically. She was trying to humiliate me in front of people in the hallway, but I put her and her annoying friend in her place."

Jungkook chuckled, "that's my Jiyeongie." He ruffled your hair.

With a sigh, you opened her message, which read:

"Wha the fu..." 'Why is this chick sending me her a sex tape?' you thought. I don't want to watch that." You pressed off your phone and pulled your knees up to your chest.

It was then Jungkook's phone who went off next. "Hold on," he told you. When he looked into his phone, he found the notification coming from his email. "An email?" he muttered. When he clicked on the anonymous email, what he found made him raise a brow. "It's a video of Sumin." Jungkook looked to you.

"She sent it to you? For what?"

"Who knows," he shrugged. But before he could turn off his phone, Hoseok sent a message to their group chat.

"Hoseok hyung," another messaged popped up, "Yoongi hyung," and then another, "Jimin hyung. They all got the same email as me." Jungkook looked up to you, bewilderment played out on his face.

And it was in that exact moment when a sudden bad feeling, washed over you. You turned your phone back on and went to check out that sent video. Before you even pressed play, you had a hard-hitting thud of anxiousness attack your heart.

As soon as the video started, your room echoed with Sumin's endless moaning. She was carrying on exactly like the reputation she had given to herself: shameless. But never did you tear your eyes away from the screen. Instead, you watched, and the more you watched, the higher your anxiousness grew. It was unknown to you why she would send you and your group of friends something like this, but knowing her, it must have had to do with you.

It was barely audible, but you could hear your name being moaned. Suddenly, she turned the camera around and showed the guy she was fucking. Your breath hitched. Just when you thought it could get no lower than it already was, your heart dropped a couple more feet and sat at the very bottom of your chest.

Jungkook shifted over to check things out for himself. "What's--" But before he could even put his eyes to the screen, the screen went black and suddenly went flying across the room, hitting the wall and falling apart.

"Jiyeong?! Wh--what's wrong? Was it really that gross? Are you feeling sick?" Jungkook's protective instincts came out once again.

"Wow," you looked to the ceiling, "you've got to be fucking kidding me." You started chuckling, blinking back the tears that threatened to fall. That same ol' pain was beating down on your heart again. "This has to be some kind of sick joke!" Tears were at the brim, but you absolutely refused to cry. Sorrow was more than present, but it was disgust and rage that was building around that.

"Jiyeong, what did you see?" When Jungkook saw that you weren't even going to attempt to tell him what happened, he went to his phone for answers instead.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't you dare play that repulsive video. Not in my house!"

Seeing you this upset, he could only come up with the conclusion that this had to do with Kim Taehyung. "What did you see?" his tone was more demanding. Despite that, not a peep left your mouth. "Don't tell me, it's--" He saw you struggling even harder to beat the tears and mute the sobs. And that was when he came up with the disgusting hunch. He scoffed. "No fucking way..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...
90.5K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
378K 20.6K 41
" You know, people say that there's one world, but when I look into your eyes, I see two. " •••••• Jeon Jungk...
17.8K 795 11
"Hoseok: Truth or Dare Namjoon? Namjoon: What the hell, dare me! Hoseok: I dare you to tongue kiss your crush, if they're here. If not then I dare yo...