Sincere

By darealkp

Your trust? It's deep, it's clear. Your hope? Look at it, we're still here. Your heart? I got it, no need t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Note
Sin City (Book 2)

Chapter 31

10.2K 479 67
By darealkp

Sincere Harris

I stood still, not being able to move my body as I contemplated my next move. Damn, I can't really believe he's here. My head was low, refraining from allowing him to see my face, but it seem like the devil was playing tricks when I slightly looked up and he was looking me dead in my eyes. I swallowed, blowing a sigh from my lips. It's as if my fear had turned into complete anger. This man has been ruining my damn life since the day I met him.

"Long time, no see.", he smirked, licking his lips as he peered over me. His wandering eyes seemed to land on my baby bump, and I just smiled at him in a cocky manner. He made me lose Nevaeh, but he will not make me lose this one. He'll have hell to pay if he does.

"Would've liked it better if you would've just stayed where the fuck you was.", I said, rolling my eyes.

"Don't think just because we're 'round a big group of motherfuckers that I won't choke the hell outta' you.", he mumbled, tilting his head to the side. "You're mine before the nights over."

"Pussy boy, calm ya' self.", I said, sizing him. I still have my burner in my purse upstairs and I'm not afraid to lose it.

"So what? You fuckin' on my brotha' now? That's cute. Always knew you was a hoe.", he laughed, rolling his eyes slightly.

"I always knew you were a bitch.", I shrugged, causing him to scrunch his nose at me in aggravation.

"See, ya' mouth was always ya' fuckin' problem. That's why I always smashed my dick in it.", he said, shrugging, causing me to shake my head. This nigga really thought everything he did to me was okay, and he's beyond dumb as hell if he think I'm going to allow it to happen again. I'm no killer, but don't push me. "I'll catch you later sweetheart."

He bit his lip at me before walking off into the small crowd of people, as they all acknowledged his presence. I brushed it off before finishing my process and heading back into the house, speed walking up the stairs. I need to leave as soon as possible if I want to be on the safe side. My first mind was telling me to call Deandre, but I would hate to bring all of that drama into the home of a family that has been so kind to me and mine. I already know how that would end, and I wouldn't want any of that to go down.

My trip of the stairs was quick, and I found myself outside of Cari's door, knocking with my elbow since all of the things were gathered in my hands. Within a matter of seconds, he was opening the door and helping me with some of the stuff, placing all of it on the coffee table by the love seat. He made eye contact with me, and I found myself at ease looking into his eyes, but my mind was running a mile a minute. I want to tell him I need to go, but I can't seem to get the words out.

"What's wrong?", he asked, lifting my chin with his index finger.

"I got to go.", I said, looking up at him from my spot on the love seat, as he kneeled over me.

"Why? I was hoping we could get a little chill time in before I had to leave.", he asked, and I watched as his facial expression changed from concerned to disappointed.

"It's has nothing to do with you, but it's me. I need to go.", I said, hoping he would stop holding me up. If I leave now, his feelings will be hurt and I can just explain the situation later, but the longer I'm here, the longer I am putting my child and myself at risk.

"Sincere?", he questioned, trying to get an answer out of me.

"Cari, if I stay here, I'm going to be in danger. I need to go now.", I said, giving him the look that everyone else seems to know all too well. The look of worry, the pleading eyes.

"How? You know I wouldn't let anyone hurt you.", he said, as I rose from the couch.

"Have a safe flight. Call me when you're back up north and I'll explain then.", I said, giving him a tight hug. He hugged me back as if his life depended on it and made sure to make eye contact as we released. I can't shake the fact that I care about him, but it's never enough to tarnish what I have back at home.

Grabbing my purse from the couch, I began heading out of his room door and back down the stairs. I plan on leaving through the front door and making my way back home. As I made the left from the stairwell down the hall, I was positive I was headed for the living room. I just wanted to go home and be with my family, but I guess the devil wants to play games with my life.

"Leavin' so soon?", his voice echoed slightly throughout the living room.

"Troy, just leave me alone. I clearly don't want shit to do with you, and I'm happy with life. Just accept that.", I said, mugging him. He let off a chuckle as he just smirked at me, sizing my body. His eyes seemed to land on my baby bump and I covered myself. Whatever dumb ideas he was getting, I'll be damned if he makes anything happen to my munchkin.

"So you caring a baby by this nigga? Where my baby at tho'?", he asked, taking a few steps closer to me as I backed away. I wasn't close to the front door at all and I began to panic. This nigga is crazy, but little does he know, I have one back at home that's even crazier. "Knew I should've sold your ass when I had the chance. You got that gold down 'dea."

"Yeah, my nigga enjoys it, now get the fuck away from me.", I said, pulling my purse in front of me. He has another thing coming if he thinks he's going to keep pushing up on me and trying me on some dumb shit.

"Your mouth always been your problem. See, I loved you too much to pimp you out or put you in the sex slave business 'cause I know they'd kill yo' ass 'bout that mouth. I love you Sincere, I miss you and I need you. Don't act like you don't miss me too.", he said, cornering me to a wall as he tried to press up on me. His hands began to explore, and I felt myself growing very uncomfortable as he touched my body in ways that I would only like Dre to touch me. My decision as of the moment would have to be played smart if I want to get out of here. Being raped by this man again is something I will never allow to happen again, I'd rather go blind. I began fumbling around in my purse as his lips clasped to my neck, sending butterfly kisses that left me absolutely disgusted.

"What ya' diggin' 'round for?", he asked, in between the kisses being plastered on my neck. My eyebrows rose as I finally touched my metal piece, and a smirk plastered onto my face.

"A condom.", I said, and of course like a dumb ass he'd believe it.

My patience ran thin, and before he could actually piece it all together, I found myself pulling the trigger right by his groin area, putting a hole in my purse and making a loud noise that echoed throughout the house. I'm positive everyone heard it, as I stood in shock as his body fell limp to the ground. His hand reached for the place where I shot him and I could tell just from where the wound was, he would have to bleed to death right here. Surprisingly, I didn't have any sympathy for him. He's been the death of so many people, including an innocent soul that was once living inside of me. A soul that didn't ask to be here, but manage to make her way here regardless of the circumstances.

"What the hell's goin' on?", Cari's dad came running into the house first, and then his mother followed.

"My baby!", she screamed, falling to her knees in front of me, as Troy laid there, screaming in pain. The gun was still within my hand and my finger was still on the trigger. "How could you! Why would you hurt my baby?"

Her tears were flowing like a river as Cari came downstairs, getting a glimpse of everything going on. He looked at me with raised eyebrows and then back at the whole situation. His expression was unreadable, as I just stood there. I can't believe I just shot him. I really can't believe it.

"I'm calling the damn police.", his dad said, throwing me off slightly.

"Why the fuck would you do this?", Cari yelled, pointing at his distressed older brother.

For whatever reason, my mouth couldn't muster up the words I wanted them to say. My better mind was getting the best of me and now I regret pulling this trigger. I don't understand how people can be trigger happy because the shit makes me sick to my stomach, literally. The feeling of nausea started to wash over me, and I felt like the room might just start spinning. My mind would not process my actions, but I'm well aware of the consequences.

"Why the fuck would you try to kill my brother Sincere?",he yelled, giving me a demanding look.

"Cari, I-", he cut me off quick, as I sat with my mouth agape, trying to plead my case. My eyes shifted from him, back down to a now crying Troy.

"You need to go wait outside or some shit. The police will be here soon.", he said, pointing towards the front door.

I shook my head in disbelief, but then it all settled in that I could be going to jail, but it was all due to self defense. If he wouldn't have tried to force himself upon me, he wouldn't have a bullet in his body. Looking down at his body as he bled out onto the nice carpet of their living room, I left out of the front door and started walking home. The scene continued to replay in my mind as I thought about me pulling the trigger. He didn't make a peep as his body fell limp above me, and he went crashing onto the ground. It was as if he'd experienced it all before, and I couldn't wrap my head around how he could be so calm, up until he actually looked at all of the blood coming from his body.

The walk to my house was speedy because I had no time to waste. Using my house key, I unlocked the door and made my way upstairs, trying to calm my nerves. Just from peering at the cars outside, I know Dre is here and I don't know how I'm going to get myself out of this jam. Walking into my room, he was laid out onto my bed, doing whatever on his phone. Dropping my purse, he looked at me and tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"What happened and why you got blood on you?", he asked, leaning up from the bed. He moved over to the edge and pulled me in between his legs as I felt tears start to weld in my eyes. His hands rubbed over my stomach as I just peered down at him, partially ashamed in my actions. That's someone's son whose life I've almost taken. Someone's child.

"He-he tried to r-r-rape me.", I mumbled out as a tear fell from my face. He could've hurt me, my baby and there's no telling how many other women have suffered this from him.

"Who?", Dre asked, raising an eyebrow. He seemed calm, but I know that was all a front. His demeanor can be very deceiving, especially when it comes to his family.

I remained silent as he sat and looked up at me for the answers. His face seemed to make me so calm and just being in his arms made me feel as if everything would be okay. He continued to rub my stomach and look at me, trying to keep his composure.

"Baby calm down and tell me who.", he said, kissing my stomach. I allowed a sigh to escape my lips before the revealed the truth.

"Troy.", I mumbled, as he just continued to look at me, expression shifting from contempt to confused.

"How 'da fuck 'da nigga even know wea' you be at? This nigga keepin' tabs on you or some shit? Delusional ass nigga really blowin' me.", he said, sounding more so aggravated than angry.

"I almost killed him Dre. I didn't know what to do. No one was around to help me, and I just- just pulled the trigger.", I said, wiping the tears from my face.

"Sincere, how did he know you were there?", he asked, looking me in my eyes.

"He's Cari's brother.", I stated, watching Dre's expression alter. He didn't say anything, but just looked at me. "They called the police on me Dre."

"I figured 'dat, but you don't worry 'bout 'dat shit.", he said, and it seemed as if the world was crashing once we heard banging on the front door.

"Ms. Harris, please come out with your hands up.", an officer's voice came over an intercom and it shook me as I just gave Dre a shocked expression. I can't go to jail, now isn't the time.

"Dre, you can't let them take me.", I cried, gripping onto his body in complete fear. I'm pregnant and the last thing I want to do is have our baby behind bars.

"Look at me.", Dre said, standing over me. "I told you I love you right?", he asked, giving me that look.

"Yes.", I said, tears falling from my eyes.

"I got you baby, just calm down befo' you hurt my lil' man.", he said, kissing my forehead. He went over to my closet and began slipping on clothes I assume.

"Call Choppy. Tell him I need fifty thousand and to call up Lauren. He'll know what 'dat mean. All I need you to do is go to yo' appointment and start preppin' fo' a baby shower.", he called from the closet. "Get Bre and Ju to help you. If my mama call 'bout me, tell ha' I'm outta' town."

Coming from the closet, he was dressed in a white shirt with what looked like blood stains on it and a pair of sweatpants. Air Force 1's were placed on his feet and I already knew what his intentions were.

"Dre, you can't.", I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I told you I love you. I told you that y'all wouldn't have to want for nothin'. They need you Sincere, I wouldn't let nobody take you from 'dem.", he said, referring to what was now our very dysfunctional, yet loving family. "I love you, and take care of home. I'll be callin' you soon, aight?"

I nodded my head as he pulled me into an embrace, kissing my lips for what felt like it would be the last time. The tears that welded within my eyes seemed to come more as I listened to the police sirens outside increase, and the police officer constantly talking from outside. It was pushing the point where he was threatening to kick the door in if we didn't come out. I was unaware of how Jayceon and Kaylani could sleep through all of this, but it's making the situation a lot easier for me.

"I need you to burn that dress, aight?", he asked, as I nodded my head in confirmation.

"I love you Sincere, and I mean 'dat, wit' all of me.", he said, before releasing me.

"I love you more.", I said, watching as he headed for the room door, walking out.

I shook the thoughts from my head as I walked over to the window, peering out to see all of the police cars lined up. From my window, I could see the front porch and I watched as the police officers tackled him down, just to restrain him. I shook my head, being unable to handle the love of my life being taken away from me.

•§§§•

My feet were swelling in my sandals as I sat in the doctor's office alone. Jayceon was out of town for a football game and Kaylani had a dance competition. I'm all alone, and this was indeed the biggest appointment for me. Depression has begun to settle in for me, and I feel as if my life is just coming to a complete halt. I can't think the same without him, I can't be without him. It's like a part of me is missing, but I wait on that five minute phone call every day. Just to hear his voice, have a feel for that smile that I know is on his face. Listen to him tell me that he loves me and he'll jump soon.

"Sincere Harris!", the nurse called my name from the back, as I rose with my baby bump on full display. The one appointment he didn't want to miss, and due to my decisions, he's missing it.

I followed the nurse to the back and into the room I'm all too familiar with. She told me the usual procedure and I took my seat on the patient's table, laying back as I lifted my flowing, off the shoulder top above my bulging stomach. I'm missing him cracking jokes about my tummy and still making me feel beautiful despite how big I'm getting. This pregnancy was the best thing to happen to us, and he's missing it. My heart yearns for him, and I'm just so stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need my man more than ever right now.

Patiently, I awaited the doctor's entrance. I figured this doctor I would be unfamiliar with, but I didn't mind. I'm just anxious to find out what I'm having so I can bless him with the great news when he calls me around five o'clock today. Choppy's still putting in the work to make sure the lawyer has the story straight before his court date next week, but due to the turn of events, they wouldn't allow him bail. He's stuck behind those bars until he's placed through court. Luckily, for our sake, Troy didn't die, but he did go into a coma. He's facing a fifty-fifty chance of life and death, but I'm praying he survives so the charges won't be homicide charges. Maybe this will teach him a lesson also, and he'll finally leave me alone.

"Ms. Harris?", a woman walked in as I nodded my head to her questioning of my name.

"I am Dr. Ortiz and I'll be doing your gender screening today. Do you have any questions or concerns before we begin?", she asked, taking a seat as she began placing on her gloves and face mask.

"No, I'm just excited to know the gender of my baby.", I said, trying to forge a smile.

"Well, let's get to it.", she said, starting the process of an ultra sound. I was familiar with the feel of the cold gel and I sat with anticipation, awaiting the gender reveal of my baby.

I watched the screen as she rolled the wand around on my tummy, as someone cleared their throat by the door of my room. I looked up to see someone who I didn't expect to show up and was always there when I needed them most.

"How'd you know I was here?", I asked, as he stepped into the room, taking a seat on the chair near me. The nurses clearly weren't doing their jobs, but that's none of my business.

"Couldn't miss the gender reveal of my little niece or nephew.", AJ said, smiling at me as the doctor continued feeling around on my stomach. I just smiled at him, not being able to utter a word as he sat and looked at the screen in excitement. He's always there for me, and I couldn't be more happier to have him in my life.

"Well, I can't find a penis.", said Dr. Ortiz as she felt around the baby, which was clearly visible on the screen. She continued to move the wand around, in search of a penal area, but my eyes lit up as she shook her head not being able to find one.

"It's a girl?", I asked, smiling as I looked between her and AJ in excitement.

"It's a girl.", he smiled, causing me to cheer slightly in excitement. I know Dre's going to be excited to know he's having a girl, and I'm pretty sure Nevaeh is happy to know she has a little sister on the way. I know she'll watch over her, and protect her by all means necessary.

"Damn, she gonna' give us hell.", AJ said, smiling at me as he could see the excitement all over my face. "Lil' baby Martin."

I smiled to myself in happiness. This child has definitely become the love of my life and I'm so excited for what the future holds for my family. I just pray Dre can come home soon and doesn't miss the birth of our baby girl. 

•••

I'm so late on this chapter and I apologize. I really have been having technical difficulties with this app, but I want to thank all of you for sticking with me through it. Continue to like, vote, share and comment! I read every single comment!

I'm going to start choosing a readers of the month, just to acknowledge my most engaged readers 😎 I'm all for the people!  I'm choosing the reader I see the most within my notifications as I update every month. On the last day of each month, I will upload a chapter, along with my acknowledgement to the reader of the month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 246 45
Love; such intimate, affectionate feeling, capable of filling the coldest hearts with warmth. None has ever been able to measure the amount a person...
20.2K 1.3K 23
Just Read!
5.6K 224 22
A tale of meeting a stranger and a journey of becoming "You + Me = Us" Adult and mature content, include love making scenes, kids stay away.. A comp...
778K 18.2K 32
"I remember his face, his eyes that begged for forgiveness, his body as it shook with anger and emotion. I remember how my world fell apart right bef...