Librum de Periculum - CLOSED

Por Tweeter109

"The Risk Book" CLOSED All feedback contained here is pure opinion; some of these opinions have changed over... Más

CLOSED
The Deal and the Risk
Lucid by @Grimwall
The Imperfect by @xsetafirex
Astrolater by @Rosy-Stars
Darknet by @burnhope
Mythicals by @Paris_is_Everything
What the Rain Told by @readerofftheradar
Unexpected Journeys-Demons and Magic by @Demonic-Kat
City of Warriors by @FlamesofWriting
The Caldwell Academy by @Grimwall
CONTEST: RULES AND WINNERS HERE!
Dying Dreams by @izzahbellah
The Alone Box by @RossNickelodeon
Parasitism by @LaCuentista
Chasing Smoke by @WinterWriter11
BLACK by @harleeyah24
I Am the Storm by @StormSeries/@Grimwall
Archer by @Athena_Lily828
An Angelic Ministry by @Angelicministries
Prompts by @Taffish
2ND CONTEST
Tales of the Caravan by @Avarez765
Venery by @MoonlightBearer
Fix Me, I'm Broken by @SuperDuperSparkly
There's Always a Reason by @Vampy_Adeen
Miss Perfect by @harleeyah24
Even Roses Have Thorns by @Silverstep11
Abbernathy and the Cat Kingdom by @OctaviaLocke
To Name the Dark by @all_hail
If We Exist by @Yano_Ism
Off the Grid by @calmingfire
3RD CONTEST
My Journey with the Demon King by @PennieWagner
Carry On by @Silentlyfallingdown
Rising by @MABWrites
Nexus by @BlazinPheonix
The Talisman by @ESJohnson
Grayholds' by @Grimwall
The Things We See by @-denouement-
The Nerd Who Hated Love by @I_Dxnt_Even_Knxw
Why Didn't I Meet You Before? by @honeysinha
The Angel and the Demon by @SuperDuperSparkly
4TH CONTEST
The Dragon's Scale by @Cross-Warrior
Titan Reborn by @awtsider - Round 2
Deidre by @honeysinha
The Girl on the Wheelchair by @AnjaliDedha5
An Angelic Ministry by @Angelicministries - Round 2
Nexus by @BlazinPheonix - Round 2
Riding the Tempest by @Mad-hatter-lol-2-xd
Anna Cornell by @wavyhazy
Shattered Reality by @Starry_Birdie
Foxing Around by @Jade-Green-Wolf
5TH CONTEST
Eskákie: An Introduction to Calix by @TheConfusedTurtle
Wrath in the Ashes by @ESJohnson
The Descendants by @GirlOnline_20
Imperial by @PaintingTheRosesRed
AbNormals by @ShaylaFaye658
Mind's Eye by @Aslan_lives
A Love Affair by @AnitaPandeyStories
NIX by @skybandit01

Countdown by @teealtears

46 7 8
Por Tweeter109

Title
The title is nice. It's not anything special, but it fits well and it's simple. No points given or taken, though.

Cover
Ahaha, well, I don't think I'm allowed to give points for a cover I made on my shop because I made it to my liking, so...no points given or taken. :)

FYI: readers, if you like the cover you see, go check out the cover shop next door and shoot a request!

Blurb
Your blurb is quite good. There's one sentence, however, that's a bit choppy (the one that mentions Noah Mattingly). I think you should word it a bit differently to make it more fluent to read. Consider rearranging the phrases or rewriting it altogether. You don't need to say that the lowercase was on purpose, in my opinion. Many other stories of the same thing, so I think readers should be accustomed to it. It's an established aesthetic for people.

Like I said, though, your blurb is quite good. You instantly capture my attention and introduced the character, his ability, and the conflict easily and simply. I'm going to give you a point for that, although this story seems very familiar and maybe cliché. I wonder if you got your story from a prompt online. If so, perhaps you should mention it in your blurb. I'm still giving you a point, though, because I liked the blurb either way.

*Since your story comes in two parts, I'll be judging them both separately*

Chapter One
In terms of plot, this first chapter is quite nice. You introduced the conflict again in a good way. +1, and you're at 2.

Little note: Mili and Milo are very similar named that could easily get confused.

You mentioned that you tend to tell and not show. I have to agree. I understand that it's a hard concept to incorporate, I really do. A tip: enigma. Enigma is a good thing in moderation and when it's skillfully placed. Don't let the reader know everything about your character(s). Let them find out through the plot, and integrate little traits throughout the story, not just in the first chapter and not just in one or two paragraphs. -1 point for showing and not telling, although you already know that this needs to be fixed. I hope my advice helps! You're at 1 total.

Chapter Two
Tip: when using ellipses (the dot-dot-dot "..."), you must connect the ellipse to the next phrase. Like this...and this. It's a common issue, though, so I won't take any points away.

It might be a good idea to remove the dialogue part in the "flashback" with Lou. It's too small to have dialogue, and too small to put in italics. The perfect present continuous tense is probably your best bet ("had," etc.), which is what you did. Good job identifying that. Reword the dialogue so you don't need it ("she had told me that...").

Also, the stutters in Noah's speech are honestly a bit irritating. You don't tell why the stutters are there and continue to be present throughout the rest of the chapter. And if they're going to be there, they shouldn't seriously be every other word. You should make them inconsistent and random if you must have them in Noah's dialogue. I'm going to have to take a point away for that. Breaking even.

In terms of point of view, I think you should consider putting the chapter in Maverick's point of view instead of Noah's. This eliminates the error you have in which you switch to Maverick's point of view when he sees the numbers counting down to zero. Either switch the point of view to Maverick's, or take out the part they says that Maverick saw the numbers tick down. Just stop when he tells Noah not to move. Then in the next chapter, the numbers would tick down to zero.

I'm actually very relieved that you started with the action right away. I'm very intrigued to see where this goes and why Noah doesn't die. Nicely done, capturing my attention right away and sustaining it. +1 point for that.

In total, @teealtears got one point! Don't be discouraged about this. :) I think that you didn't get a lot of points because your story you submitted was so short! Write every day to improve, and the more you publish, the more popular your story will get. I believe that you're on the right path to becoming a great author. You have a nice style, and skills with grammar and development of plot and character. Nicely done!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

75.9K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
188K 9.6K 88
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
178K 286 7
for my girls, reach an all time high orgasm
219K 34.3K 88
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး