A Prey's Protector

By ilovedolphins101

It was like a game to them. A game of predator and prey. They are the predator and I'm the prey. Kill or be k... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9

7

119 12 8
By ilovedolphins101

   I straightened myself and glared at him through the window. I picked up the phone as did he.

   "What do you want baldy?" I snarked.

   "To have a little chat," he replied.

   "How fun," I sarcastically huffed.

   "I wouldn't think this would be to fun."

   "I said it, never thought it."

   The inquisitor rolled his eyes, "Tell me boy, what is your password and I might let your acquaintance go alive."

   "What are you talking about?" I asked on the edge. Who was this guy talking about? Was it Kanan? Was he going to kill him? Hurt him? Control?

   "You may know that I have authority over any...'troubled people'...but I've seemed to have lost one. My best one turned and betrayed me because of some little brat," he explained.

   'I'm wondering which side you and I should be on in these cubbies?' I thought. This guy is crazy and no one has stopped to see the cold, evil looking his eyes. What idiots.

   "If you do not turn over you password to your bank account by noon tomorrow then I'll send someone to 'take out the trash' for me," he said hanging up the phone. The man toothy grin was the last thing I see and the phone buzzing in my ear is all I could hear.

   He was going to kill Kanan. This is all my fault but maybe if I give him the password. I shoved the phone back on the receiver as the police woman runs over to me.

   "Calm down, you don't want to cause a ruckus," she said. I don't listen and shudder.

   I can't give the inquisitor the money but also can't get Kanan killed. What am I going to do? A shudder runs down my spine and I hug myself. I reach into my sweatshirt pocket to grab my stress ball but it isn't there.

   "Hey, calm down," the police officer said gently. I pull my hair and scratch my head. My breathing is very uneven that I feel like I'm going to pass out. Am I hyperventilating? Why do I feel sick? Why do I feel so tired?

   Everything around me spins.

   This is all my fault. I'm going to get him killed. I don't know my password. My parents were idiots but they were very smart. I do love them but they can just be a pain. At least...they used too. Now they're dead because of me and now Kanan might too.

   "Kid, you need to listen. Take a deep breath in and out," the woman says rubbing my arm to try and calm me. It was working too.

   "Look me in the eyes," she said lifting my chin to meet her eyes. I take a shaky breath in and out as my body shakes. I just now realized that my eyes were blurry with tears.

"Easy, there you go," the officer said giving me a smile. She had a very pretty smile.

I blink for a moment before now recognizing who the woman was.

"Um, ma'am?" I asked.

"Yeah hun?" She asked.

"By any chance, is your name Hera?" I asked making the woman's eyes widen.

   The officer dragged me down the hall until there was no one around. She looked at me and gave me a calm but serious look.

   "How do you know my name?" She asked. I bit my lower lip still unfocused and weary about everything that has happened. I wondered how she would react too. If I told her that I knew Kanan, how would she react?

"I-I-that guy told me," I stuttered a little to quickly. Hera didn't seem to take my word for granted but nodded none the less.

"Are you okay now, hun?" She asked me. I nodded even then I don't but came back to my original senses.

"Don't call me that," I said bitterly.

"Call you what?" She asked.

"Hun," I replied as she lead me down the hall.

"Alright, but..."

Oh no, what could she possibly want from me.

"...you and I are going to talk about what happened," she finished. I thought about it for a second then agreed.

Hera and I walked side by side as she kept one hand on my back. What I thought was weird was that it was more soothing than harsh of a push.

Actually, now that I think about it, Hera has been the nicest police officer I've ever met. I've been to many stations and not one officer treated me like she has. I wonder why, out of every police officer, Hera was the nicest to me.

Soon we made it to an interrogation room. This was the place I hated most out of all in a station. Police trying to grab information out of you, yelling for not telling the truth or being silent, and a pit in your stomach that made you feel small.

Was Hera going to do that to me? Probably, it was a bittersweet kind of moment.

"Please sit," she said kindly but I didn't wasn't going to fall for her acting nice. In the next second, her demeanor will change into the harsh and ruthless officer that wants information.

The woman sat in the seat across from me and I avoided any eye contact. I learned this from my many times in the interrogation room. Avoid eye contact.

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes waiting for her to start yelling.

"Why did you do it?" She asked calmly. I opened my eyes but didn't look up or say a word.

"Can you please tell me why you threatened that man with a gun?" She asked again.

"That's none of your business," I replied bitterly. I kind of felt bad because she was nothing but nice to me. Yet, she could also change and tell the others what we were talking about.

"You're right, it's not," she said making me look up in surprise. Did I hear her right?

"Wait...what?" I asked confused.

"You're right, this is none of my business to be snooping around someone else's business," she explained, "but it's my job to help people. I can't help if I don't know what was going on. From what I can tell and heard, you didn't shoot that gun. You also don't seem like the kind to do it either so I want to know is why would you?"

I was completely speechless. Hera was being truthful the whole time. I can tell from my experience on the streets of who is lying or telling the truth.

I turned to face my lap where my fingers fiddled with each other.

"If I tell you, can you give me back my stress ball?" I asked.

Hera smiled warmly and nodded saying, "Of course."

I stayed silent and hoped that she would change her mind. That's when a sigh left my lips as I met with emerald green eyes.

   "He..." I licked my lips, "...he killed some people close to me and I wanted revenge."

   Well, that was the truth of things that happened besides the fact he hired someone to do it. Hera was lost in thought but came back when I went silent. She turned and reached down then came back up with my stress ball in her hand. She tossed to me and I made a lousy attempt to caught it.

   "Thank you for tell in me this," she said, "and I promise you that this doesn't leave the room."

   I raised an eyebrow in confusion, "what does that mean?"

   "It means that this stays between the two of us and no one else until further notice," she said. I was shocked but didn't show it because she could be messing with me, yet so genuine about it. I still nodded to show that I understood.

   "Can I go now?" I asked.

   "Come on," Hera then guided me back to the cell.

   "Why do I have to stay in here still?" I asked almost annoyed.

   "You still threatened to shoot someone and we don't have any proof that this man killed someone close to you," she explained.

   "Oh, I get it. You don't believe me," I said glaring at the officer.

   "I do believe you," she said.

   "Then why am I still here?" I asked hugging myself defensively.

   "Even if I believe you, that doesn't mean anyone else will," she said then her walkie talkie came to life.

   "We got a 10-100 here at the old storage unit," a man's voice came over the radio.

"Copy that, I'll be there in six," she said, "I got to go but I'll be back."

Hera walked down the hall and left.

10-100. I knew that code. What was it again? Robbery? Break in? No, it can't be those but it could be...

I narrowed my eyes to think until it came to me.

10-100 meant dead body.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ezra Lost By Arty

Fanfiction

130K 4.7K 62
"It was a simple story, about a boy who was lost." In this Star Wars Rebels fanfiction, Kanan Jarrus sends his Padawan, Ezra Bridger, on a simple pr...
32.5K 477 22
As young teenagers, you and Poe Dameron had fallen in love. Or so you thought...... On day Poe had completely disappeared, leaving you alone in Yavin...
8.6K 375 16
Ezra was still recovering after the horror he experienced with his master and the inquisitor. On the first day Ezra and Kanan go back to training, a...
75.3K 1.9K 65
The title says it all!! I do not own SWR!!!