Psychotic (A Harry Styles Fan...

By weyhey_harry

"I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 43

574K 22.6K 10.3K
By weyhey_harry

CHAPTER 43

HARRY'S POV

Fuck.

Today we were escaping. Today, we were fucking escaping Wickendale Mental Institution for the Criminally Insane. This was it. I had longed for this day since arriving, and here it was. Of course I had strong faith that we would escape eventually, but now that the day was today and it seemed almost too good to be true.

And I was a nervous wreck. I didn't get nervous often, but now the cool, collected Harry was shaking in anticipation. Second thoughts and doubts were scraping their way through my mind with the sharp claws of fear. Excitement twisted in my stomach and anxiousness was released in sweat. Rose and I had gone over what was to be done in great detail, but that didn't mean there couldn't be a flaw or hole in our plan. That didn't mean that something could go wrong. And if something does go wrong and she gets hurt, I swear to God I'll -

I shook my head before that thought could grow any further. She won't get hurt because I won't let it happen. I will get us both out of here. But still, that pressure did nothing to ease my nerves. And neither did the fact that Rose would be the one to initiate the plan. Well, after Lori shut off the power, that is. Because she's the one with the key. She was the one that would be out of her cell first, roaming along the halls alone and vulnerable in the dark.

I stood up, needing to do something other than sit at the edge of the bed. I began to pace back and forth, running a hand through my hair. What if someone saw her before she even got to my cell? And I wouldn't be able to do anything about it?

Fuck, I needed to relax. If Lori would just do her job already so that we could move this along without too much thought, it would be much appreciated. But instead of the action starting right away, I was left with interminable minutes to go over our plan and possible complications again and again. Part one; Lori would shut off the power, Rose would unlock her cell and then release me from my own, I would deal with James, while Rose retrieved our bags. Then we would meet back up. My mind was too full of other thoughts to process the rest of our scheme for the time being. Thoughts like how Rose and I would finally be alone together. Thoughts like a guard or employee getting in the way of that. Thoughts like stabbing or beating my way through this place. Thoughts that gave apprehension to whether or not I should really be leaving a place that was supposed to help the insane.

And then the lights went off.

ROSE'S POV

Saying that I was nervous would be an understatement. I was jittery, I was nauseous, and I couldn't seem to catch a breath. Don't screw this up, I said to myself again and again. It had been my goal for much too long now to get Harry out of here, and I had to succeed in that goal. Who knew what the consequences would be if I didn't.

The key in my pocket felt much too heavy, as if all of the dread and nerves I was feeling were instilled into its metal. My eyes kept flashing toward the lock on the outside of the bars that encaged me, ghosting the motions of unlocking it in preparation. I went over the route to Harry's cell in my head as if it were a skipping record, over and over to the point of annoyance. I could just imagine him there now, his anxiousness probably equalling to mine. I bet he had a cigarette between his lips, distressed lines etched into his brow. Maybe sitting and bouncing his knee anxiously, maybe pacing back and forth.

And this really wasn't a time to be thinking about such things, but I couldn't wait to get out of here so that we could finally be with each other in the way we wanted. If we were rid of this place, I could feel Harry's strong body, his smooth skin, his exhilarating lips, and his beautiful hands. Of course there were other reasons I wished to escape, too, but with all of the stress and fear of this place, I yearned for a way to forget.

But we would have to accomplish this, first. We would have to succeed in the task that caused me heavy dread and nauseating anticipation. And I knew that, I was well aware that the sooner we did this the better. But even so, I was afraid of that moment when the power went out. Because then I would be forced to execute a very risky, very dangerous plan that was not only for myself but also for the man I loved. It would decide our future and the rest of our lives, and it all relied on me. No pressure.

Just then, like it had been planned, the light was swept from the halls. The sound of a machine I hadn't even realized had been running slowly came to a stop. An erie quiet hung in the vacant darkness. It was black, pitch black, and I could hardly see a thing. My heart beat widely in my chest and I audibly gulped.

Suddenly there were faint noises throughout the halls. Frightened whimpers and piercing screams and harsh shouts were among the many sounds whirling through the corridor.

I gathered my wits and stepped toward the noise. Peering through my cell's metal bars, I looked side to side; although there wasn't much to see. My hand slid over the box-like shape protruding from the outside of the thin metal poles, and I found the key hole. I quickly dug into my pocket, frantically looking around me again although it was rather pointless. As quietly as I could I slipped my hand through the space and awkwardly positioned my wrist to slide the key in. It took a couple of tries, my adrenaline pumping faster with each one, but eventually I heard a click noise.

I pushed lightly and the door creaked open. Ha! Yes! None of the patients noticed, though, too busy and too blind with the newfound dark.

I hadn't expected differently of the lock, but the excitement in coming even this far was overwhelming as well as terrifying. Exciting, because the most important component had been partway completed; getting out of our cells. But also terrifying, because now I had to get Harry, who was a few halls down. And who knows what I would encounter along the way.

HARRY'S POV

Where the fuck was Rose? The power had shut off minutes ago. She should be here. She really should have arrived over thirty seconds ago. What if she got caught? What if she's being dragged to Ms. Hellman right this second? Or what if one of the sick guards is taking advantage of her since nobody will be able to witness it in the dark?

My mind was tortured with such questions as each of my hands wrapped around the metal bars. I held on so tight, my breathing increasing with each passing second. I needed a fucking cigarette. If only it wouldn't blow our cover, I would've been finished a whole damn pack by now.

My head was close the metal that enclosed me as I tried to listen for any signs of Rose's approach. But that was hard to make out in a hallway filled with screams and shouts and whimpers. Suddenly the dim red glow of an emergency light flickered on, which at first I was irritated with. It would make our escape more difficult with the dim makeshift lights around the place.

But a few seconds later I was grateful for them when they illuminated Rose's figure from down the hall. Thank God, I thought while my tense shoulders relaxed a bit. "Rose!" I dared to call out in a whisper. Nobody else seemed to notice, too preoccupied with what the dark was doing to their minds.

Her eyes locked on mine and I could breathe. She was to my cell in no time, the urgency of the situation making her move quickly. Before I knew it she was only in inches away, working on the lock. I watched and steadied my breath, only for it to pick back up again once the door swung open.

As if it were planned her arms immediately wrapped around my waist, mine simultaneously hugging around her back and her shoulders. "Fuck, Rose, you had me so worried," I breathed in relief.

"Sorry," she mumbled into my chest.

"No, it's fine, you're doing an amazing job," I told her, pulling away before we waisted any time. She pressed her lips to mine in a quick, passionate kiss, as if it would somehow reinforce the purpose and urgency of escaping.

"I'll meet you in Kelsey's office, be careful," I told her when she pulled away. Rose nodded and I gave her forehead one last quick kiss of reassurance before we dangerously parted. Normally it would be a bad idea, but it was necessary for this part of our plan. Plus, I didn't want her to witness what I was about to do.

ROSE'S POV

All I had to do was evade the guards until I approached Kelsey's office. Usually the employees would report to Ms. Hellman to address the situation during these times, so most were probably on their way to see her. Which meant, for the most part, they should be heading away from my general direction. So far, so good.

I tried reassuring myself with these thoughts, but all I could think about was Harry and James. It was not that I disliked the idea of James being dead, but it was that I disliked the idea of Harry killing someone. It didn't matter who, but taking anyone's life away was something nobody should be proud of. And Harry wanted to do it. Even after all James has done, most wouldn't be able to actually kill someone with as much ease and desire as Harry. It didn't make me frightened or skeptical of him, but it certainly didn't sit well.

I guess there was nothing I could do, though, and it was a key component in getting us out of here. I'd rather just ignore the unease I felt than be stuck here for the rest of my life.

So I decided to focus on my own task instead, quickly scampered down the halls and to Kelsey's office which was conveniently close. Again, something nagged at the back of my mind, telling me that it shouldn't be this easy. Telling me that something would go wrong.

I entered Kelsey's office apprehensively, shutting the door behind me. A small red light sat glowing in this room too, providing just enough light for me to see two relatively small but completely stuffed bags on her desk. One for Harry and one for myself. I silently thanked Kelsey and Lori, who were probably in Ms. Hellman's office at the moment. And then, while vigilantly watching the door, I did all that I could do; wait for Harry to finish his murder.

HARRY'S POV

I had been observing James for the past week now. Very carefully, taking mental notes each time I saw him. Whether it was glances in hallways or overhearing his conversations or gathering information from others. Normally I can't stand even looking at the stupid prick's face, but now that it was vital, I had gathered a few bits of information. And those bits were enough for me to figure out where he would be at this time of day. He patrolled a certain hallway, with neck brace and all, for a few hours. I hoped he wouldn't be heading to Ms. Hellman's office yet, assuming he probably knew what to do during these situations, being her son.

I entered that exact hallway and there he fucking was. I didn't expect it to be so simple, but apparently the odds were in our favor today. I moved along the corridor as silently as I could manage but also quickly, hating the idea of him having time to get out a weapon before I even came near him.

But I was successful, getting rather close to his backside with the front of him facing the direction in ahead of us. This was so fucking easy I was actually starting to get worried. Maybe we were finally acquiring some luck.

With the giddy excitement of adrenaline and escape so close, I did the childish thing an lightly tapped him on the shoulder. The moment he swirled around I swung my fist at his jaw with such force I heard a crack ring through the already chaotic halls.

I guess this would be an easy fight. I knew from last time he wasn't a match for me. James could not win. And I also knew that this time, James will not be coming back.

A.N. (PLEASE READ)
Hiiiii so with this chapter i just wanted to get a good start on their escape, but I think we all know that they arent gonna get out this easy ;) starting next chapter things might get a little more intense/interesting so keep reading! By the way this book is sort of starting to come to an end so thank you so much for helping me make it this far :D ilysm and i never thought this book would achieve even half the success that it has and I wanted to thank you guys for that because its because of you and ur reads/votes/comments mean so much to me <3 I don't really want to stop harry and rose's story and i want to keep hearing from you guys, so id love to do a sequel! I was just wondering if it was worth it though, so please comment if youd read a psychotic sequel or not :D thanks again ilysm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 473 50
She leaves her old life behind, leaving the man she loves and sacrifices her life to be happy.
190K 10.8K 13
[COMPLETED] You never know what you have until you are about to lose it.
136K 3.1K 31
"I smile up at Harry, and I decide that I was far too panicked for nothing. Harry was all I needed, and I wouldn't be in this alone. I have him and f...
9.7K 385 43
to say "I want you" would sound far too eager. to say "I need you" would sound far too desperate to say "I love you" would sound far too hasty. So I...