His Denied Love

By sani_sayyed

Aaiza. A sweet and cheerful girl, who is loved by everyone. She is helpful but a little clumsy who drops thin... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Very Important
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Characters.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
❤A/N❤
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 39

9.6K 579 113
By sani_sayyed

I actually fell for you before I even realized I did.

Aaiza's Pov

Its been four months since we returned from Los Angeles, Since that memorable night things have made a positive turn. Time passes so quick and people open up with their baby steps.

Yes, I am talking about my Grumpy husband.

He is become playful, not so rude. He talks, laughs and teases me sometimes. Can you believe it? No, Let me just pinch you.

Yes he can be sarcastic and blunt sometimes but with a tinge of little sweetness and care which he doesn't realize apparently.

Speaking about caring, I think he always was because it is revealing little by little now and when he feels its getting overboard he conceals it just very perfectly. I would say, He is not as guarded as he was before. He is like a turtle, slow and steady.

A grumpy turtle.

Patience until his walls fall and it will be worth it.
My subconscious wags her finger at me.

Naisha and I have returned from the boutique slouching in the living room. She has a bag full of nachos which she was craving for  is held firmly in her hand on her six months baby bump. She keeps on munching loudly and dramatically moaning with every bite. 

"He said that he is coming on Friday which is two weeks before his birthday" I say.

"I don't know what to do" Naisha replies lazily which makes me roll my eyes.

We were planning something for Abid's birthday for old times sake, its not going to be big just something very simple and here my best friend was being not at all helpful. He was coming back again for his business and told me that he would visit us.

"Even if I don't do anything he won't mind. He only needs your attention girl." She says bluntly emphasizing the your and receives a glare from me.

"Don't give me that look. He never told me that he was coming, he only tells you. Why can't you see that?. He is still so into you." Naisha spat emphasizing the me this time.

"Naisha, that is not what you think, he is still that good friend of mine like he was before and always will be. And about not telling you. He told me to put it to your ears"

She snorts keeping the bag of nachos on the center table. "What a great friend indeed. He doesn't want you as his friend, never did."

"You know I don't feel the same. He is always a friend to me." I reply slightly pissed.

I hear her sigh. "Its not about you A. Its about him. I can see he still feels the same way for you, which will be bad in the end."

I didn't answer for a few seconds. Taking a deep breath I speak..

"That doesn't mean I have to push him all away. He had feelings for me back then too. I have that boundary, I never felt the same way. I do not feel that for Abid what I feel for Zaid"  I speak without a stop.

Naisha looks at me maintaining eye contact before speaking again. "I know, its just that it is disturbing now to watch him behaving the same way he used to behave with you before." 

I just nod looking away fiddling with my fingers.

"I don't even reply to his texts sometimes." I lick my lips and look at her again who was waiting for me to continue
"I know its awkward and I just cannot help it, I saw his text yesterday and replied it with a Safe journey and Happy birthday in advance." Hearing that Naisha raises her arched eyebrows at me.

"And he asked me with his usual playfulness 'Planning a surprise party?'." Naisha looks suspicious now because I really was stupid to do that.
"Look it all went with the flow. I had just woken up from my sleep and had no idea what I was doing."

"YOU SAID YES!" She screams.

"I am sorry."

"Bravo Aaiza" she claps sarcastically.

She glares at me about to speak something but couldn't because her phone started ringing. She answers the call giving me a
'it is not done yet' look.

I check the time which read seven thirty. So I quickly text Zaid asking him where he was?.

"My husband's coming to pick me up" Naisha says hanging up the call.

Zaid's Pov

My phone beeps in my coat's pocket indicating a message. I didn't want to check it but it suddenly clicked that it might be Aaiza.

I drive past the other cars and halt on the red signal. Reducing the temperature of the AC I remove my phone and grin victoriously.

"I knew it" I say to no one in particular.

I didn't realize I was smiling like an idiot until I hear cars honking behind me. I quickly shove my phone in my pocket and zoom.

The Radio is blaring loudly in my car and I keep on singing along to the song
What makes you Beautiful by One Direction  bobbing my head to the lyrics until I see an old lady with a bunch of pink helium balloons in her hand. Someone selling balloons on the street has always been a rare sight. The woman stands there on the sidewalk smiling at the kids giving them balloons

The images of the littles a little girl flashes again and then I remember Aaiza. She loves balloons.

I softly park my car in front of the woman. At first she looked shocked but quickly conceales it with her wrinkled smile.

"Good evening Young man" She says with her shaky old voice.

I just nod and give her an awkward smile.

Smiling and talking to new people had always been a problem. It always turns out to be awkward.

"How much for the balloons?" I ask.

"Its £2 each"

I show her three fingers and she smiles nodding giving me the balloons. I shove them on the back seat and turn to give her the money.

"Are those nutella cookies?" I ask when I see a box of chocolate  cookies in her hand.

"Yes, its handmade"

My mouth always waters at the name of Nutella. It has always been my favorite.

Ahem its a secret.

I extend my hand to give her the money for the cookies too. She smiles her wrinkled smile passing me the cookie box.

I keep it next to me and drive off.

Reaching the Khan mansion I stop at the porch handing the keys to the valet. I climb out grabbing the balloons and the cookies, I feel awkward suddenly.

Did I do the right thing buying it?

Small beads of sweat start forming on my forehead. I lick my lower lip and wipe my forehead with my right hand which was holding the balloons.

"Damn, Am I being wierd?" I ask myself.

I scratch the back of my head nervously and walk to the door pressing the doorbell.

What if she opens the door?

Shit, How am I going to react?

I shouldn't have bought this.

Grin and Say Tadaa says the cringing Zaid from within.

Allah I haven't done this before for her. I don't know what took over me.

What should I do?

As I was busy in my thoughts, The door opens and I quickly straighten myself. Maria appears  wearing a white apron on a black dress.

She gives me her usual smile but her expression changes into a perplexed one. I smile at her and she looks at me with amusement.

"Is it Aaiza's birthday?" She asks grinning excitedly.

"Its on july 16 not october 16, Maria" I say walking in.

"You Remember?" She asks amazed with her hand on her chest.

I turn to face her chuckling
"Yes, Whats wrong?"

"Oh No nothing's wrong, Its just that you never celebrate birthdays."

I scratch my head nervously. "What's so special about birthdays?"

Maria opens her mouth to speak but was cut of by a squeal. I turn to see Aaiza standing there in her cute pyjamas and tee with her hair flowing down.

Suddenly the world seems to stop.

"Please say that it is for me" She asks skipping towards me.

"Why would I say it is for me when actually it is for you." I mock her.

My heart races as she looks at them with admiration.

She chuckles softly at my humor and raises her hand to take the balloons from me.

"Really? Thank you soo much, How did you know I loved balloons?" She asks.

"I am an observant person Mrs Khan." I answer staring in her gray eyes.

Looking into her eyes was like watching the night sky. Peaceful.

"Sometimes I can't believe its you. You are so wierd." She states smiling and staring at the helium balloons in her hand.

"Wierd?" I frown.

She looks at me and chuckles a bit loudly this time.

"I mean sometimes you become so grumpy and the other time you are sweet, silly and cute."

I purse my lips. "Sweet, Silly and cute?, Thats not me" I state shoving my hands which were now sweaty in my pants pocket.

"You got nutella cookies too" she shrills delighted totally jumping to the next topic

I extend my hand forward to give her. "Thes-"

"I know you love them, I remember that day when I was searching for the nutella jar and you were caught when  you said you had them." She reminds me with a small laugh.

I look away awkwardly. Damn this girl remembers.

"Are you blushing Mr Grumpy?" She asks cocking her head, grinning showing her perfect teeth. "God your ears are turning red." She says poking my right ear.

I grab her wrist and held it tightly in my hand watching her.

"Aaaaiiizzaa" A female voice calls out from the living room.

I look at her confused before she yells a Coming, looking sideways making her jugular visible.

She looks back at me and I release my grip from her wrist to which she holds my arm pulling me towards the living room.

Wait! I expected a hug.

"Naisha's here, we are discussing about Abid's birthday plan." She rambles dragging me with her.

Wait what? That as*hole. That fu*king hybrid.

"Oh! As'salamu alaykum Mr Khan." Naisha greets as soon as we enter the room.

Aaiza leaves my hand and ties the balloons on the long side table. Naisha's husband stands up and shakes hands with me.

I notice Naisha giving Aaiza a mischievious smile, god knows what for?, and Aaiza turning red.

Ladies!

I clear my throat ignoring it and getting comfortable on the sofa seat. Aaiza walks and sits cross legged beside Naisha checking something on the laptop on Naisha's lap.

"I think this one's better" I hear her say.

I narrow my eyes at them. 

"No Aaiza, he does not like choclate cake."

"But I do." She says.

Choclate...

"I know you do, but its not your day. Lets go with blue berry" Naisha suggests.

"Yeah, blue is his favorite color though." She says again, engrossed in the laptop on Naisha's lap.

A sudden burning runs through my body. She even remembers his favorite color.

"I am planning to get him a wrist watch" Faizan says showing them the picture of the watch.

"Its beautiful" Aaiza compliments.

"Its my choice after all." Faizan says teasingly which makes his wife roll her  eyes.

"Started with the cocky attitude." Naisha teases.

Aaiza chuckles at them and then her gray eyes lands on me, making my heart race.

She smiles first, then furrows her eyebrows bringing her index and thumb finger together between her eyebrows and stretching her fingers out releasing her eyebrows.

I realize she was gesturing to my expression and I quickly release from my serious look to a straight face.

"So blueberry it is?" Farhan asks and Aaiza looks in the laptop.

"Yeah blue"

And it comes back.

Why the hell is that hybrid so important?

I am already feeling like an oddball and informal conversation with new people was not my cup of tea, I am feeling so agitated too.

Why do they need to throw him a damn party?

Ugh Zaid you need to calm the fuck down.

I think I am loosening up to Aaiza?

I stand up abruptly and without giving a second glance to anyone I walk straight to our room.

Aaiza's Pov

I see him leave quick.

"What's wrong?" Faizan asks looking at the stairs from which Zaid climb up.

"I must say your husband's weird." Naisha says and my head snaps at her.

"He is not weird." I say.

"Why is he so distant?" Naisha continues.

"No he is not that too. He is just not so social." I defend.

"He is a freaking businessman" Naisha points.

"So?, he doesn't have informal conversations with his colleagues."

"God, Why are you girls fighting over it, he must have felt left out." Faizan chimes in.

"We are not fighting" we say it together and then look back at each other.

"He is just shy." I clear again.

"Ah! like Mr Darcy from pride and prejudice?" Naisha says sarcastically.

"Nope, he is Mr Khan from shades of Mr khan." I say creating a book title on my husband.

"Woah! You've got a hell of a title for him." Faizan compliments.

I walk in our room to see Zaid coming out of the bathroom with a towel draped on his shoulders and black joggers. He looks at me and I notice his pissed off face.

Back to being Grumpy...

He walks in the walk in closet and I follow him. I could make out he was angry about something.

Ugh...I don't like this side of him. And when he turns cold he just doesn't care how bad his words could hurt.

"Zaid! Whats wrong?" I ask softly yet timidly.

He completely ignores me, pulling out a grey tee and wearing it, his muscles flexing as he put his head in.

How much cold can you get Mr Khan?

I walk towards him standing in front, looking up at him crossing my arms.
"Zaid? Are you going to tell me?."

He picks up the towel and walks again in the bathroom hanging it. I just watch him. He walks out running his hands in his hair messing it.

I stop him by holding his arm but he slaps it away. I feel hurt but I try to let it go.

"When is his birthday?" He asks suddenly turning to face me, in his firm voice.

"Whose?" I ask back.

He narrows his eyes at me and looks away removing his laptop.

What crawled up his as* and died?

He looks at me again with a clenched jaw.

Did I say that loud?.

"Uh...Sorry" I apologize quickly.

He throws his laptop on the bed and walks toward me with his deadly expression and stops at a small distance.

"When is that imbecile's birthday?"

"Zaid! Don't say that." I reply frowning

"When?" He pushes.

"First november" I reply giving in.

"Then why are you planning two weeks before?"

"Because he is coming any day this week." I answer.

"You don't need to, just throw a normal pineapple cake on his face and finish it off." He says in abhorrence.

"Zaid! You are being rude."

"I am rude." He replies his tone getting angrier.

"Okay Calm down, I know you are jealo-"

"I am not jealous." He says irritated running his hand through his already messed up hair.

I decide not to speak and just let him calm down.

Few minutes later he sits on the edge of the bed drinking water to calm himself down. I slowly sit beside him and thankfully he didn't move.

I call out his name slowly but he didn't say anything. He just sits there overthinking as usual.

I smile and raise my forefinger poking him on his cheek.

He looks at me giving me his angry glare. "Don't"

I giggle and poke him again on his cheek. He glares again "Don't do it"

"Are you still angry?" I ask poking him again.

This time he grabs my forefinger and turns to me glaring again.
"I said Don't" he sounds menacing as his eyes bores in mine.

"Or?" I ask staring back in his hazel orbs.

He clenches his jaw staring back which felt like he was seeing through me.

"I will break your finger" he threatens tightening his grip on my finger.

Oh Really?

I narrow my eyes at him.
"Go ahead, do it." I state.

He stares more, I stare back.

Slowly his grip loosens on my finger and he leaves it which instantly feels cold and drops his gaze looking away.

I smile mischievously,
"Grumpy Ass" I say and poke his cheek again before running away and not missing to see that small smile on his lips.

Hello Peeps.
Hit the star if you loved this chapter.

Share your views.

*Don't forget to comment and vote*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 7.4K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
71.3K 3.5K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
188K 14K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...
640K 34.2K 72
Zara Ahmed is your ordinary girl, or so she thinks. She wants nothing more than to make her parents proud and to just be happy, for once. She is focu...