Chapter 39

I actually fell for you before I even realized I did.

Aaiza's Pov

Its been four months since we returned from Los Angeles, Since that memorable night things have made a positive turn. Time passes so quick and people open up with their baby steps.

Yes, I am talking about my Grumpy husband.

He is become playful, not so rude. He talks, laughs and teases me sometimes. Can you believe it? No, Let me just pinch you.

Yes he can be sarcastic and blunt sometimes but with a tinge of little sweetness and care which he doesn't realize apparently.

Speaking about caring, I think he always was because it is revealing little by little now and when he feels its getting overboard he conceals it just very perfectly. I would say, He is not as guarded as he was before. He is like a turtle, slow and steady.

A grumpy turtle.

Patience until his walls fall and it will be worth it.
My subconscious wags her finger at me.

Naisha and I have returned from the boutique slouching in the living room. She has a bag full of nachos which she was craving for  is held firmly in her hand on her six months baby bump. She keeps on munching loudly and dramatically moaning with every bite. 

"He said that he is coming on Friday which is two weeks before his birthday" I say.

"I don't know what to do" Naisha replies lazily which makes me roll my eyes.

We were planning something for Abid's birthday for old times sake, its not going to be big just something very simple and here my best friend was being not at all helpful. He was coming back again for his business and told me that he would visit us.

"Even if I don't do anything he won't mind. He only needs your attention girl." She says bluntly emphasizing the your and receives a glare from me.

"Don't give me that look. He never told me that he was coming, he only tells you. Why can't you see that?. He is still so into you." Naisha spat emphasizing the me this time.

"Naisha, that is not what you think, he is still that good friend of mine like he was before and always will be. And about not telling you. He told me to put it to your ears"

She snorts keeping the bag of nachos on the center table. "What a great friend indeed. He doesn't want you as his friend, never did."

"You know I don't feel the same. He is always a friend to me." I reply slightly pissed.

I hear her sigh. "Its not about you A. Its about him. I can see he still feels the same way for you, which will be bad in the end."

I didn't answer for a few seconds. Taking a deep breath I speak..

"That doesn't mean I have to push him all away. He had feelings for me back then too. I have that boundary, I never felt the same way. I do not feel that for Abid what I feel for Zaid"  I speak without a stop.

Naisha looks at me maintaining eye contact before speaking again. "I know, its just that it is disturbing now to watch him behaving the same way he used to behave with you before." 

I just nod looking away fiddling with my fingers.

"I don't even reply to his texts sometimes." I lick my lips and look at her again who was waiting for me to continue
"I know its awkward and I just cannot help it, I saw his text yesterday and replied it with a Safe journey and Happy birthday in advance." Hearing that Naisha raises her arched eyebrows at me.