Chapter 37

The couples that are meant to be, are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart, and come out even stronger.

Zaid's Pov

Her silence is disturbing me.

I am not used to this side of her.

Why ain't she talking laughing like her usual self?

I am sitting on the bed crossed leg with my laptop in our hotel room and she's been just standing in the balcony with hands behind her back thinking about something.

She looks disturbed and it is disturbing me the most.

I am not used to her behaving like this.

We reached LA around three in the afternoon and it is eight thirty right now.

I glance at her small figure pacing in the balcony again, she walks towards the bean chair and settle herself playing with her phone.

Whats wrong with her?

I sigh and go back to my work.

Aaiza's Pov

I wake up to light snoring beside me. Turning myself to the left I see Zaid sleeping peacefully on his side with his front facing me and his pink lips slightly parted. I smile looking at the adonis.

His beard on his chin has slightly grown and I had an urge to touch it. His eyebrows dark and messed up, and me being my silly self leans towards his face extending my forefinger slowly caressing them very lightly making them look proper.

He squirms and I quickly pull my hand away, not wanting him to wake up. I let out a sigh of relief.

Talking about relief it only seems to be for a few seconds because...

Zaid had unconsiously put his heavy arm on my waist pulling me towards him.

My eyes widen and I panic my heart thumping very hard. This has never happened before because Zaid already has an extra huge bed and we have enough space to sleep so that we can sprawl ourselves on the bed carelessly.

I slowly try to remove his hand but I don't know why my hands are shaking, my heart pumping at a rapid pace, my breathing heavy and I feel tingles all over my body.

It is maybe because I am extremely nervous about our closeness and even more nervous because Zaid can open his eyes any time soon or maybe because I wasn't this close to any male before.

I know he has a habit of holding a pillow while sleeping and he isn't aware about what he is doing now. I try to move his hand away but his hold tightens around me more.

I am now practically glued to him.

My Inner self wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Zaid" I whisper but there is no sign of any movement.

I gulp hard and close my eyes trying to control the speed of my heart. My body feels hot in his embrace.

Nervously I place my slender hand on his chest trying to get away but all he does is pull me more closer and tighter.

"Zaid" I call again and I see him scrunch his eyebrows mumbling incoherent words.

Aww.

"Zaid please move" I say a little louder and he puts his leg on my legs and lean his face closer to mine, his nose touching my forehead.