Chapter 44

There is a strong desire to mollify her. 

But, She is so good that she never gets upset.

-sani

Aaiza's Pov

I walk in the house tired and lifeless with the gift bag of Zaid's hoodie in my hand. The lights dim and all I could see was dark. 

It feels empty and dull. Shaw picked me up from the party half an hour after I asked Zaid to leave.

I don't know if he is back home or not.

My outburst of emotions back then was a very impulsive act. But It was hurting to see the love of your life thinking that you have feelings for your highschool buddy.

I slump myself on the bean chair in the hall holding my head in my hand.

Quite a day it has been.

I rub my forehead squeezing my eyes shut.

Why can't he see that I have got eyes only for him?

As the  images of the party flashes in front of my eyes a lone tear escapes my eye.

I wipe it with my forefinger, not wanting to release an ocean again. With a sigh I lean back on the chair feeling drained and helpless.

I hate the fact that I can't even fucking hate him.

I wish I could beat the shit out of my heart. 

A low laugh escapes my lips at the idea.

"I have checked in his study and also have called him seven times already, I don't know where he is." I rant on the phone.

"Aaiza you don't have to worry, I am sure he will be back soon" Saif replies slumberous.

"Saif its freaking two thirty in the morning and your bestfriend has not showed up and you his best best buddy is asking me to not to worry. You want me to be chilled about it? seriously."

"Woman you need to calm down, I know its very uncertain for you. but believe me he will."

How can he be so cool about this?. Its been five hours since I reached home.

"Get out of the bed and look for him already, I would have done it myself but Shaw is not letting me step out of the house. Orders by Mr Khan you know." I shout in the phone.

"Oh Lady of all Might, He is not a five year old. He will be back." I feel him rolling his eyes at me.

"Well he does behave like one."

"You are not supposed to be talking like this about my only Brother." He defends my husband dramatically.

"Its my husband I am talking about."

I hear him heave a long sigh as I wait for him to say something.

An hour later after arguing I am sitting on the bed with my hands crossed on my chest trying to stay convinced by my husband's bestfriend that he is going to be back. According to Mr Arzai, when Zaid is extremely upset or stressed about something he chooses to distance himself from all the shit. I did ask Shaw to look out for Grumpy but Saif ordered him not to.

Okay! so I am the stupid one.

What kind of a friend is he?

"Aaiza, you really need not be stressed about it." Asin comforts me who is now seated on a chair in our room.