The Dragon's Curse (A Hanzo X...

By KlaraRoman

There's more to Hanzo than just being a Shimada. And there's more to being a Shimada than just controlling... More

Author's Note
The Other Side of the Tale
It All Started With A Genji...
Hold Your Heart Down
The Wrong Teacup
When Honor Bites Like A Wolf (Pt. 1)
When Honor Bites Like A Wolf (Pt. 2)
Anger (Pt. 1)
Anger (Pt. 2)
Plea
Satoshi the Little Bugger
McCree-san
Dance of the Masks
Starlight on the Holy River
Satoshi's Package
Light
A Second Try
Atrocity
Contest (Not Update lol)
The Room of the Lost
Beauty in Simplicity
Rest
A Deal With the Devil
Stupid Cowboy
A Promise Breathes
Broken
He's Not All That Bad
The Clan Leader Rises
Realizing Power
The Chrysanthemum Returns
Taken
Rain
Lineage of the Sun
The Emperor Ships Things
For Old Time's Sake
Falling Out
Home
Forget Him
Y'all
The Black Death
Sealed Away
No Mere Lust
The Final Blow
At Last I See You Again
Sitting Ducks...
Addiction
The Cold War
Identity Theft
Y'all T-T
Unlikely Friendships
Much Ado About Genji's Kimono
That Time Hanzo Almost Killed Genji
Bargain
Planning for the Future
Back Home but Back Alone
Something Special
From the Shadows
Triggers
The Dead Returns
She Would Want You to Have This
Wedding
Vows (NSFW)
Reflections (Still NSFW)
Ruse
A Lover's Betrayal
The Devil with Angel Wings

Daruma

3.8K 229 80
By KlaraRoman

So you got sick on the previous chapter. That's a bummer. What happens now?

Enjoy loves and don't forget to vote and comment. I appreciate it. ;*

"Let go of her Genji! Your kingdom will pay for kidnapping Princess (Y/N)!" Hanzo's tiny face was soiled with a sour snarl directed solely towards his spiky haired brother, his bright brown eyes glinting as sharp as he believed the plastic sword ready in his hand to be. He had his feet ground apart, one knee bent before him while the other stretched the length of his leg behind him; a stance that indicated the coming of bloodshed through blades as taught to him by his father and elders.

"In your dreams Lord Hanzo!" Genji let off a boisterous laugh that showed the prominent gap of his baby teeth and a chipped tooth near his canines--although some could argue that the young boy was trying his hardest to sow seeds of dread into the heart of his so-called enemy. "If you want the princess, you'll have to go through me and my armmyyy!"

"Oh no, be careful, Lord Hanzo!" you yelled out in despair, pressing your knees together as you jumped and fidgeted on the spot your captor Genji had assigned you to stay put on.

"Don't worry, Princess (Y/N)! I'll save you--and I won't stop until I do!" Young Hanzo cried out,jumping some six inches off the ground only to come down on his knees and slice the air with his plastic weapon upon impact.

One slash after another, the imaginary soldiers of Genji's army fell, and one by one, Hanzo was a step closer to victory--closer to saving his princess. It wasn't long until the two warriors were head to head, eye to eye, and to be honest, Hanzo's sword has never felt a grip tighter from its owner until just then.

"Lord Hanzo!" you squealed happily, dancing a little victory jig on the spot.

"Shut it, prisoner!" Genji yelled, ruining the scent of victory with his bitterness. He sneered as best he could, pointing his sword's malicious tip into your general direction, inches away from your scared face.

"Don't you dare hurt her, Genji," Hanzo warned, widening his stance as his knuckles turned a sickly pallor.

"Well then, if you want your princess back so badly, give me your kingdom!"

"Don't do it, Lord Hanzo!" you yelled, trying your best to be the voice of reason in the angered child's head.

"You have forced me to fight back, Genji," Hanzo declared, then he swung his sword round and round, left and right, front to back as best he could imitate the warriors he'd seen training with his father in the weapon's hall.

Little Hanzo took a big breath, and he bore his sharp fangs. "Ryu ga waga teki wo kurau!"

He spun his sword once more, the hilt nearly tangling with his small clammy fingers. But he managed to keep his hold under control, and he caught the sword, adding a sort of traditional spice to his battle pose.

There were no dragons of course, for he was much too young for such immense power. However, Genji pressed his stomach all the way in, his arms flailing in slow motion as though a gust of prodigious psychic emanation came crashing down upon him like a wave. In an attempt to make the matter as realistic as he could, they young boy puffed his cheeks to the fullest and raspberried his tongue out, imitating noises of blood and guts flying everywhere--if it wasn't so much spit.

"Ach--oh no! You have beat me again, Hanzo," Genji coughed out, lying down on his side as he continued to gurgle into his little fist. "But this isn't the last you'll see of me."

And with that, his body slumped down with a quick thump on the grassy grounds.

The wind howled, and the young victor Hanzo shifted his gaze from the fallen body of his supposed brother and up to your own. He then remembered why he fought, and he drew a few steps closer.

"Lord Hanzo, my hero!" you giggled, running up to him instead and hugging him as tight as you could.

"O-Ow, calm down, (Y/N)!" Hanzo groaned, making it clear to you what he wanted when he placed his hands on your shoulders to nudge you a little bit.

"Sorry," you giggled, having a second go and hugging him with repressed admiration. Oh he was so strong--he really was like a real warrior!

"Don't be afraid, princess," Hanzo said a few moments later into the embrace. "The evil king Genji can't get to you now."

"Okay, okay--now it's time for the wedding scene, you know--where the princess and her knight get married and live happily ever after!" You jumped in excitedly, looking around for the bunch of origami flowers you've folded awhile back. Your eyes glimmered with relief at the sight of the colorful folded papers sitting atop a smooth boulder a few yards away, right beside a still pond. You waddled over with a hop in your step and snatched the flowers right out from their resting place, then you ran back to Hanzo, but all you found where he once stood were footprints on the sand.

"Hanzo?" you called out. "Hanzo!"

When you felt the wheels of time still, it was only a matter of seconds when you realized the absence of your other spiky-haired playmate. Where was Genji?

"Genji? Hanzo!"

Your grip on the flower stems tightened in agitation. They better not be off running around and having their own game of hide and seek without telling you beforehand!

"(Y/N), look what we got!" Genji's voice was distant, and though far from melodious, it was music to your ears.

The young boy was descending the three-stepped stairs leading up to the back entrance going inside the servant's quarters, and beside him was no other than Hanzo. Between them was a deformed ball of some sort--it was really more of a short stout oval than the sphere you were accustomed to. It looked hard, but Genji didn't seem to have had a hard time carrying it, so it musn't be heavy!

"What is it?" you asked, vexation at not being able to complete your little play of sorts ebbing away and replaced by piqued interest.

"I found it in one of the shelves in Nakagawa-san's room. It looks like a little pokemon!" Genji laughed, holding the thing in its hands and examining the chipped paintjob of what was supposed to be a face. The most prominent thing about it aside from the weird shape, was the sight of two eyes, with the pupils clearly drawn by someone other than the craftsman.

What a weird toy!

"I still say we should put it back before-"

"Oye, you children!" The familiar voice of Nakagawa-san rang in their ears as the older woman approached readily behind them with a brisk fire in her stride. "What are you doing with my doll?"

"Oh man," Genji whispered lowly, fumbling with the object in his hands as though it would disappear from sight and throw off the angered woman's intentions. Once he tried shoving it into his older brother's arms, and he had a slap on the head as consequence.
"Give me that," Nakagawa-san said curtly as she snatched the object away from the young Shimada. "Wait til I tell your father."

"Nakagawa-san, what is that?" you suddenly inquired, disregarding the woman's irritation to satisfy your own curiosity.

"This?" she said. "This is a daruma, a love potion doll."

"Does it make someone fall in love with you?" you pressed on.

"Of course not, (Y/N). This was given to me by my husband upon our wedding day. I drew one eye and he drew the other; he only asked that I make a wish. I didn't take him seriously of course, but I gave in, so I only asked for one thing: that we may live long together. And up to this day, we still do--and I firmly believe that this doll has asked for the gods to grant me my wish."

"Wow," you gasped in awe, eyes sparkling with wonder. "Can I make a wish?"

"Silly child." The woman laughed. "The doll only listens to two hearts that have become one. So unless you don't have yourself a lover, then your wish wil just have to wait."

She spared you a smile, and a tired glare at Genji before heading off back to her quarters, doing what you all could only assume as putting back the doll where the boys have disturbed it from.

"I want a daruma too!" you squealed after a pregnant pause and a good measure of cricket noises.

"You heard her, (Y/N)," Hanzo snapped with a roll of his brown eyes. "You can't have one until you found your true love."

"You can be my true love," You said, your mind going back to the flowers that you gripped in your hand. "We were getting married remember?"

"Yes, but this is pretend. This isn't real-"

"Then grab a rock or something," you butt in, getting more are and more agitated with your playmate's stubbornness. "Let's just pretend that we have our own daruma."

Sighing, Hanzo decided to comply with your wishes and accompany you in your search of a little fat stone, or anything of the sort that would resemble the love potion doll.

It wasn't long before the two of you agreed to take a certain rock sitting by the middle of the garden. Sure its under was drier than the top, but other than that, it was perfect.

"Ready to make a wish, Princess (Y/N)?" he asked and motioned for you to take the Sharpie that he kept in his little pocket.

"Yes," you said, popping the cap off and hurriedly taking the took into your little hands. "I wish," you began as you put all of your effort into making at least an almost perfect circle for the eyes and pupils. "I wish that me and my hero, Lord Hanzo, will live happily ever after."

"I wish-" it was Hanzo's turn now, "-that I could finally get my dragons to appear, and that they'll be super strong to beat out all the bad guys."

"Is that your only wish?" you asked him incredulously.

"Of course it is," he answered. "How about you?"

You bit your lip and smiled at him. "I want pancakes."

Hanzo groaned at the answer he got out of you. "Of course you would, (Y/N)."

***

Light was a necessity for everything to survive, for everyone to go about their daily lives in efficiency. And right then, light was a savior, pulling you out of the sea of darkbess and back to the world you knew and recognized, with your beloved Hanzo greeting you at your coming with a bright smile of relief bringing vibrance onto his fair face.

Well that was certainly a sight to get used to.

"(Y/N), my love, I'm so glad you're awake."

"Lord Hanzo," you sighed, sharing his smile despite the soreness of your facial muscles.

"Don't speak too much, you need to keep resting. I've sent for your breakfast here. Don't worry, I'll eat with you."

With your head fully out of the vertigo you were just in, you steadied two flat palms on either side of you and propped yourself up to straighten your spine and sit a little better. Having done that, you became aware of the little bit of weight resting atop your lap.

It was like a deformed ball of some sort--it was really more of a short stout oval than the sphere you were accustomed to seeing. It looked hard, but it definitely wasn't heavy. The most prominent thing about it aside from the weird shape, was the sight of two eyes, with one of the pupils clearly drawn by someone other than the craftsman.

Could it be...

"Hanzo, it's a daruma--a real one too!" you exclaimed louder than you both expected, and you gripped it like a snowglobe, running your fingers on the newly done paint job.

Your lover chuckled at the way your face brightened up, it was definitely a sight to look forward to after he'd been pacing about like a frantic headless chicken, waiting for you to wake up. He fished out a fat grey stick out of the dark confines of his kimono sleeves and reached it out for you to take.

It was a sharpie marker.

"I drew the other eye and wished for you to be well," he explained as he took the spot beside you and sat down. "What is your wish?"

You stared the doll down and complemented the other pupil by drawing your own. After that, you set the doll down beside you and gripped at Hanzo's hand. The man looked at you with an expression of surprise before his gaze mellowed upon meeting your very own. Instantly, there were no words needed as he read the intention in your heart as clear as day, and he couldn't keep himself from loving you more than he already has. He kissed you, and your wish rang in his ears; he knew what you want, what you really desired.

I'll heal you, and I'll love you with every drop of faithfulness I have in me.

:3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.9K 32
{Highest ranking: #1 in Genji!} You were friends with Genji and Hanzo in their youth. Tragic events split you all apart and you reunite years later a...
41.3K 655 15
Female reader. Probably smut. Definitely smut. This story takes place at the time Genji and Hanzo are in the age of their "young" skins. So you're a...
69.8K 2.1K 30
It started when you noticed a certain playboy around the school that made all the girls go crazy. It drove your curiosity to know about this boy with...
986 28 17
Melody is a girl that doesn't talk. Hanzo is a man of few words. Yet the two of them get along quite awkwardly. Then a miracle happens...