Dirty Money

Par ThomasBerryman

In a corrupted world, whom can you trust? The family and the business is shrinking under the strain of the fa... Plus

Prologue - The Families
Chapter 1 - The Brenalli Crew
Chapter 2 - Mario
Chapter 3 - Retaliation
Chapter 4 - Willows
Chapter 5 - Harold
Chapter 6 - Progression
Chapter 7 - Crackdown
Chapter 8 - Alonzo
Chapter 10 - Chuck
Chapter 11 - Hiding
Chapter 12 - Discoveries
Chapter 13 - Donny
Chapter 14 - Business
Chapter 15 - Cherry
Chapter 16 - Pardon
Chapter 17 - Philip
Chapter 18 - Rai
Chapter 19 - Gambling
Chapter 20 - Farewell
Chapter 21 - Rags
Chapter 22 - Expansion
Chapter 23 - John
Chapter 24 - Delivery
Chapter 25 - Thomas
Chapter 26 - Meetings
Chapter 27 - Homecoming
Chapter 28 - Massage
Chapter 29 - Blood
Chapter 30 - Michael
Chapter 31 - Property
Chapter 32 - Sammy
Chapter 33 - Information
Chapter 34 - Crumbling
Chapter 35 - Dirty Money - R.I.P

Chapter 9 - Celebrations

1.9K 21 12
Par ThomasBerryman

   The van drove cautiously, it was being pelted with heavy rain and wind; coming from the direction of their destination. Thunder crackled, causing the front passenger to jump slightly.

  “Appreciate you doing this Donny,” Salvatore said, not breaking any concentration of the road; it was barely visible anyway.

  Donny took a swig of his flask, “Anytime.”

  “I fucking hate storms,” Alonzo Junior held onto his seat as tight as he could.

  “I can’t see a thing,” Samuele popped his head in between the front two seats. 

  “Will you stop saying that I’m nervous as it is,” Alonzo Junior snapped at Samuele. 

  “Okay…what is Albert doing putting himself in danger out here anyways?” Samuele asked. 

  Donny took another swig. He was enjoying the ride; the storm was beautiful. “Don’t you think that after how long Alonzo has been in jail, Albert might want to be there when he gets out?”                           

  Samuele agreed with Donny. Alonzo was a legend amongst the troops, and Albert always respected his younger brother.

  “Can me and Sammy get some heat back here? I’m fucking freezing,” Alonzo Junior asked.

  “It’s on full power Junior,” Donny responded.

   Alonzo Junior cringed when the thunder roared again. Sammy took out his gat out and loaded it up, “Relax Alonzo, if shit gets bad we’re counting on you.”

  Alonzo Junior nodded nervously.

Salvatore started to slow down, the windscreen wipers were still going full throttle. “There’s something up ahead.”

 Donny squinted his half drunken eyes, “Car lights. Two of them,” he had his handgun at the ready, “Lock and load.”

  Alonzo Junior drew his weapon, briefly forgetting his nerves.

  “I’m going to stop here. Sammy call Sin back,” Salvatore pulled over to the side of the road. Water pelted the white van like bullets.

  Sammy prayed for reception, he got it. “Sin, where are you? Yeah we can see them…what do you want us to do? Okay,” Samuele ended the call.

Albert was startled by a knock on the back window, despite knowing who it was. The huge figure of Mike stood holding an umbrella over someone much smaller than himself. 

   “Unlock it,” Albert ordered Sin.

  The young soldier leaned over to the front, and hit the central locking. Mike held the door open whilst Alonzo got in. Alonzo looked just like an Albert only a little younger, with no glasses and with more dark hair. 

 Mike closed the door and walked around to the driver’s side, he closed the umbrella and climbed in. He still managed to get fairly soaked on his mission outside the car.

  The two brothers shook hands excited to be reunited, “We missed you kid,” Albert smiled, giving his younger brother a friendly thump in the arm.  

  “Thanks Al. So what’s with the reception?” Alonzo asked motioning toward the parked cars.

  “We’re thinking Chuck’s guys,” Sin leaned forward so that Alonzo could seem him the other side of Albert.  

  “Alonzo, this is Sin he’s a friend of ours,” Albert made the introduction.

  Alonzo reached over and shook the young soldiers hand, “This fucking storm, the guards used it as an excuse not to escort me out.”   

  “Someone must of paid good money,” Sin scoffed.

  Lightening flashed and the thunder roared, it seemed to remind all four men in the car of something; the danger that was awaiting them.

  “Chucks boys?” Alonzo referred to the two sets of car lights blocking their exit.

  Albert nodded, “Don’t worry this car is bullet proof.”

  Mike scratched his head a little uneasy, driving in this weather was bad enough, but driving and getting shot at in this weather would be a whole different story.

   “Ready to do this?” Mike turned and asked the three in the back.

  “Yeah,” Albert said, confidently. The windows and doors were bulletproof, they would need something crazy to bust through this car, “Ring Samuele back, let him know what is happening.”

  Sin immediately called Samuele and discussed the game plan. The soldiers in the van were going to drive back to a more isolated spot just off the main road. Mike slowly eased his foot on the accelerator and drove toward the two cars blocking the exit. One of the cars slowly reversed back to allow temporary escape; they could not kill them right out front of the prison, for obvious reasons.

  “We should have swapped sides,” Sin said, getting his gun ready.

   “Give it to me,” Alonzo ordered. 

  “You just got out,” Sin shook his head.

   “Look kid, do you really think that matters? If you shoot someone they’re not going to not let you go to jail. So it may as well be me it’s still the same risk,” Alonzo explained, impatiently. Sin reluctantly put the cold steel in the palm of the newly freed mans hand.

  “Fine, Mike pass me that piece up front.”

  The big guy handed back the shotgun to Sin and kept on driving.

  Chucks goons were following them, and Mike had finally made it to the planned meeting point.

  “There’s the guys,” Mike could just make out the van Salvatore was driving. He wound down the drivers window as they pulled up alongside the idling van, letting the rain come in. Albert would be pissed about it tomorrow, but he had to talk to the other young soldier.  

  Once they could see each other Salvatore wound down his window also, “Hey Sal,” Mike nodded.

  “Mike. How many we got?” Salvatore asked.

   “I’m guessing maybe seven or eight.”

  “Fuck,” Salvatore glanced in the direction where two car lights were slowly moving closer through the rain.

  “Put your hazard lights on now. Tell the guys to get down,” Mike ordered.

  Salvatore nodded at Donny who relayed the message. The two in the back put themselves out of view and both had guns in hands. Donny slipped on his raincoat and got outside to start checking the engine. The Irishman popped the bonnet and placed his gun out of view. 

  Inside the van Samuele held the sliding door handle ready along with Alonzo Junior. 

  Mike deliberately waved to Salvatore and began to drive forward. Chucks goons came alongside the van and were confused by Albert’s car reversing; it stopped.

  The four goons in the first car had no where to go; trapped on their right by the van, in front by Albert, and behind by their own buddies. They cocked their guns as the two back doors to Albert’s car opened.

  Donny picked his gun up and slammed the front bonnet down; this was the signal. He turned around and began firing rounds into the second car, making sure to get the driver first. The side door to the van slid open, Alonzo Junior and Samuele sent a hail of gunfire into the car alongside them. It was deafening as the sound of gunshots filled the open air. Flashes from the guns lit up the place just like the lightening. Chuck’s men had been completely taken by surprise. 

  Sin and Alonzo Senior were now either side of Albert’s car firing away. The windows to the first car were becoming non-existent. The interior was decorated with blood from Chuck’s men. Sin and Alonzo Senior walked along side Donny who was still aiming his gun at the second car. The driver was slumped over the steering wheel and the front passenger had a hole in his throat. Only one of the seven had survived the barrage of gunfire. He was in the back of the second car pleading for his life.

   “Throw your gun out and you will live,” Donny called back to the frightened man.

  It only took a couple of seconds for the young assassins gun to come hurling out the window.  Donny signaled Sin and Alonzo to stay put while he walked up to the side of the car. He looked inside to see a young man covered with the blood of the two dead men in the front.

  “I was just-" 

  Sin and Alonzo watched the flashes light up the car as Donny continually squeezed the trigger killing the last survivor. 

  “That’s my Donny,” Alonzo said, proudly. 

   The three soaking wet men quickly got back into their vehicles and both cars took off; leaving behind the two blood filled cars to be hammered by the storm.

Once back in the city the two cars split up and headed for separate directions. Even though it had been raining Albert ordered Mike to get to a carwash. There was one a block away from Giuseppe trucking. 

  “This place is for sale,” Mike said as he pulled in.

 “How do you know that?” Sin asked, curious.

  “From that sign,” the big guy pointed to the for sale sign stuck to the front window of the office.

  Sin did his best to hide is excitement; this is exactly what he was talking about. Buying a place like this…something legitimate on the side.

  “Mind if we grab a bite after this? I’m starving,” Alonzo rubbed his stomach.

  “Me too,” Albert agreed, “What you thinking?” 

  “I don’t care, preferably a nice steak. While I was inside all I thought about was my first meal I was having outside, but now I just want anything.” 

  “Willows is the safest place at the moment,” Albert said.

  “To Willows?” Mike asked, as they moved along through the automatic washer. 

  “We need to get cleaned up first. Make sure all the generals are there,” Albert ordered Mike.

   “I’m on it.” 

  They finally arrived back at Albert’s house to find Peter waiting for them at the watchtower as usual. “How you doing Peter?” Mike asked. 

  “Good, you get him?” Peter called from the doorway protecting him from the rain.

  “I’m here,” Alonzo wound down the window.

  Peter decided it was worth getting wet, “Come here you!” the old soldier kissed Alonzo on both cheeks respectfully and shook his hand, “Welcome back.”

  “Wow, it’s like a rainforest here now,” Alonzo looked out the window amazed.

  “Beautiful isn’t it?” Albert smiled.

  “I’m happy for you.”

  Mike parked the car in the designated spot and proceeded inside to his small home built on Albert’s estate. It fitted in perfectly with the beautiful landscaping and pool. The rain had eased off and he decided to take a warm shower and put on a nice suit for the occasion. Everyone would be coming to Willows to pay their respects to Alonzo the family’s underboss; second in command, answering only to Albert.

  The big guy sprayed some cologne on and checked his suit in the mirror; he adjusted his tie and was good to go. Sin was standing outside drinking a can of soft drink. The two made their way back up to the house together ready for a very big night. It had already been ridiculously challenging, but with seven dead bodies it was important they kept to their normal routine. There would be questions though there would be no proof.  

  Mike wondered how the family would change now Alonzo was out. They definitely needed the extra man with everything going on.

  “Ready?” Albert asked, excitedly. He was standing along side Alonzo both in suits, and both holding beers. 

  “Good to go,” Sin nodded.

  Peter had come along for the party too; they arrived to find everyone else was already at Willows eagerly waiting the return of the underboss. The five of them entered together all skipping the massive line outside, and each getting their respectful greetings off security.

  There was an eruption loud shouts from a lot of the people inside all happy Alonzo was back. The bar had been decorated in gold ribbons with a welcome back sign placed on the main part. 

   Carlos was the first to hug his younger cousin, followed by immediate family; son Alonzo Junior, daughter Kelly, and his youngest son Alphonse who was still not old enough to drink, but given the current company was getting away with it. Alonzo Junior had only caught a brief glimpse of his old man during the shooting.  “Here they come,” a voice called.

  Down the stairs walked Tanya and Mary-Anne; Alonzo’s wife. They were stunning both dressed in cocktail dresses flanked by the other family members wives.  Alonzo had a smile from ear to ear, and at that moment temporarily stopped his greetings to stare at his beautiful wife.

   The feeling was obviously mutual as she reached the bottom and practically jumped into his arms. Locking into a kiss that the two had been dreaming of for a very long time. Wolf whistles filled the pub and a round of applause sounded out with shouts of joy. The Giuseppe family was a man stronger. 

  Harold and Peter had a boot with Benny and they were telling stories about the early days of Contro.  Donny was nowhere to be seen, the Irishman had important security measures for tonight. They just gunned down seven of Chuck’s guys retribution was surely on the cards. It would be all out war.

  Donny was happy with his security progress and with growing business now had four guys on at all times. The Koreans had stopped coming now that it had become more of a regular hang out for the guys. He scanned the monitor in his small command room, nothing was out of the ordinary. The three top Giuseppes were sitting together, the women were all together under the protective custody of big Mike, the young crew was playing pool, and the old guys and Benny were talking to soldiers and other associates. The band was playing. The restaurant was pumping sales, security was alert and doing random checks every now and then, with two always staying on the front door at all times.  

  Donny sipped his flask and being happy with everything he decided to go down stairs and join the party.  Everyone went wild as the Irishman entered; he was a crowd pleaser and immediately threw down a wad of cash for a round of shots. Alonzo made his way over to embrace his longtime friend.

  “I missed nights like these Donny boy,” Alonzo toasted his glass.

  “Aye, we’re going to be doing it a lot more now,” Donny returned the toast.

  "After today we might have to start calling you the cowboy," Alonzo gave him a friendly jab and the two burst out laughing. 

  Samuele took the winning shot in the doubles game they were playing. Sin and Alonzo Junior were against Salvatore and Samuele. “Next time,” Sin warned.

  “It was close man, I thought you had us at the start,” Samuele said.

  “Hey guys, huddle in,” Salvatore said, quietly. 

  The other three came in closer, “What’s up?” Samuele asked. 

  “We need to start making some more money,” Salvatore said, sipping his drink. 

  “Agreed,” Alonzo Junior said.

  “What are you suggesting?” Sin was always interested in making more money, he had ideas and investments he wanted to take care of.

  “For a start,” Salvatore looked each one of them in the eyes, “I’m thinking some hold ups?”

   The other three looked at each other and nodded, they were interested of course. 

  “But we need to be smart about it,” Sin back up Salvatores idea.

  “What do you mean?” Alonzo Junior asked.

  “I mean once we get enough cash together the four of us need to look at making bigger moves, like setting up a card game…you know that type of shit,” he put his arm around Alonzo Junior, “Something this guy here can run for us, and get a bit more respect from every body, he’s going to be one of us soon enough.”

 Alonzo Junior was happy to hear it he had always looked up to Sin and he was the youngest of the group. Running a card game would be the perfect thing.

  Sin still had the car was in mind, but he would save that discussion for Salvatore. Carlos’s son was more business headed then the other two; he was basically running the tobacco shop when he was only fifteen.  

  “Until then, it is Alonzo’s shout,” Samuele shook his empty beer glass.

  Alonzo Junior rolled his eyes and headed to the bar. 

Put together a crew for the family...pick your 4-5 people who you would want and why? 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Blood. Par Midnight_Memories210

Roman pour Adolescents

199K 6K 73
"He says tragedy flows through your veins, all of yours." "She's the youngest Black, nothing will touch her, not even the tragedy in our bloo...
Mio Re (#3) Par Reet

Roman d'amour

2.3M 83.1K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
57.9K 4.5K 43
He saw her, he saved her, he healed her and he claimed her; Only to lose her at the end. ------------------------------------------------ In a world...
1.7M 11.9K 6
*Heighest ranking 26th in Love, 1st in General Fiction, and 1st in Tragedy, as well as no#1 in mystery* When you're the most feared and powerful Ital...