More than friends

Від Kweenkira

[Rewriting] Highest rank #1 - heartbroken /8/4/2020 "Mia ..I'm sorry.." Chris said as he took a few steps for... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16

chapter 5

164 4 3
Від Kweenkira

Nate had been waiting for almost an hour already, what seemed to be keeping her this late at night he didn't know .to make things worse her phone was switched off,making him more worried. He tried calling Caroline but she wasn't picking up.

He got out of his car and he went straight for the building.

Mia continued to kick the figure still holding her in a tight grip as she finally bit  the hand which was covering her mouth firmly with her teeth.

"Ouch.." The figure stumbled back giving mia a few seconds to save herself. She pressed the elevator button frantically as the doors finally dinged open. She raced inside the elevator as she hurriedly tried closing the doors.

A loud laugh resonated from the figure as he stepped into the light.

" Chris?" Mia was shocked to see the figure's face and it was her highschool crush/best friend.

" you need to see your face right now....." He laughed again holding his chest " you looked so scared... I guess you never really did change...." He laughed again and again.

Mia frowned as she sent a cold glare to Chris. He had no right to scare her like that.

"I'm sorry...its just you looked so funny.....I didn't mean to scare you like that...I'm sorry" Chris apologized as the elevator doors closed.

He had no right to come back into her life and pretend like everything was okay between them ,like they were still best friends.

"I said I'm sorry ,its just you were always so....I mean I always loved scaring you ....it was always so funny..." He laughed again putting his hands up in the air like he surrendered.

Memories flashed through their minds as they both remembered the various pranks they pulled on each other. Mia wasn't going to give up so easily so she retaliated.

" its not funny,...Chris.....its not okay to scare people ,you have no right to scare me like that ....."

He was overwhelmed when he finally heard her call his name after so many years, he wanted to hear his name again but she was way too angry at this point. He needed to calm her down first.

" mia I'm sorry..." But she cut him off.

" you have no right to come back into my life and act like it's okay between us .....because its not ....you think it's okay to just show up and leave anytime you want, don't you?"

He tried to talk but she silenced him. "well.... Let me break it to you Christopher Wiles Anderson.. ..its.never.okay.!! "

Her chest was already rising and falling by this point..clearly she had mistaken this little act for something else ,something deeper, something more painful like how he left her heartbroken years ago and he figured it out.

" mia ...please forgive me...I'm sorry....I know I shouldn't have left you like that but i was ...stupid.....and confused..... I didn't mean to take advantage of you .....its just.. I'm sorry,  please mia .....i was drunk.. I shouldn't have ......" The elevator doors dinged open again at the lobby.

" you know what... I'm sorry...I can't deal with this.... right now...I...I....I have to go.. " she wiped away the lone tear drop that threatened to spill as she exited the building.

Chris was frozen  by the elevator door not knowing what to do as he watched her walk out of the building.

Mia was lost in her thoughts when she was engulfed into a tight hug .

"Mia ...I was coming in to get you, what happened?" Nate asked holding her by the arm. She didn't seem to be listening so he shook her out of her daze.

She didn't know what was wrong with her,she didn't know why she had lashed out on him like that, she didn't know what she was feeling at the moment, he had finally apologized to her after all this years but why was she feeling like she should have been the one apologizing not him.

Then she realized Nate was holding her,looking at her expecting an answer but for what ..she didn't know because she wasn't listening.

" come on let's get you home"  he directed her into his car seeing she wasn't responding.

" mia please talk to me ...." Nate said as he occasionally drifted his attention from the road ahead to the woman seating beside him. He then took her hand as he brought it up to his lips placing a kiss there.

Mia didn't know how to explain things to him ,she searched for an answer in her head as she focused her mind on the man she should be thinking about_Nate.

" no..it's nothing ,it's just this new project I've been working on....it was due today " she lied.

" if its so hard for you,why don't you just quit,I don't want you staying up so late by yourself, its dangerous for a pretty lady like you to be alone in that big building by yourself,I can take care of you,money is not a problem"

Mia rolled her eyes. This was one part of him she hated, he always talked about himself and how well off  and capable he was. Always wanting to impose His social standing on her.

For example the yacht he got her for the anniversary,was well overboard but she didn't argue knowing him so well. He preferred flaunting his wealth at any chance he got.

"You know I can't do that Nate,I have to support my mom and grandma ..."
She didn't want to tell him, she wasn't alone and with Chris. She didn't even know how to tell him Chris was back yet.

" I'll take care of your family just say yes" he continued to persuade her.

"There's no need ,I don't want to bother you with more problems ,don't worry about us,I'll be fine" I hope.

she didn't mean she'll be fine financially or physically but she meant emotionally. Her thoughts went back to Chris and his apology.

"Why aren't you letting me take care of you, all these months we've been together ,the yacht is the only thing I  got you to accept from me and you haven't even gone for a ride on it .."

"about the yacht uh I haven't had time to go see it yet cause I've been awfully busy a lot lately....I'm sorry if I haven't been accepting your gifts,its just that I'm not a lavish person...I thought you knew me by now"

"It's not that I don't know you, it's because,I think ...no I feel like you don't want to connect with me.... You're not letting me in" he finally voiced his doubts as he faced her. The car had been pulled over a few miles from her apartment.

He looked into her eyes wanting her to clarify that he had thought wrong but she didn't. She was speechless, she knew she cared about him but she didn't have real feelings for him at least not yet.

She hadn't flushed Chris from her system completely and it was more Harder now that Chris was back.

Even if they'd been dating for a year ,she never felt those sparks,the ones she felt for Chris years ago.

She bit her lip as she flipped her loose hair strands behind her ear. Silence filled the air but it was short lived as she soon averted her gaze to her phone as it rang. The screen read "mom".

She quickly answered the call as she brought it to her ear. She was glad her mom called at the right time. It gave her time to escape his question.

" mom, ?"

"My baby girl ,how are you doing?"

"Mom,stop calling me that,I'm 25!"they both laughed. Nate started driving again as he tried to get his mind cleared from panicking.

" I'm sorry honey,I just miss you so much,its been like a month since you visited us and we can't wait to see you this weekend"

"I miss you guys too,how's grandma?,"

"She's asleep and i was about to go to bed too when I thought of reminding you about the weekend "

"How could I forget ,I'll be there mom don't worry too much"

" oh oh,before I forget ...how's Nathaniel ?"

"He's fine, stop worrying already and go to bed its late...."

"Love you honey".  " love you too mom" she ended the call. She hadn't even realised Nate was already parked in front of her house until she heard his voice.

"How are they? " Nate asked breaking the silence in the car. "They're great, um she just called to remind me of the weekend visit I promised" she was feeling nervous and she hoped he wouldn't continue their earlier conversation.

"So um .....I better go...."

She grabbed her things and attempted to get off the car when he grasped her arm. She turned and faced him surprised at the force of  his hold.

"Why won't you let me in....i love you, i hope you know that.." He started leaning in to kiss her but she leaned away from him.

"Good night Nate" she fled from the car. Running till she was in the comfort of her two bedroom apartment. Nate hits the steering wheel in anguish before he finally decides to leave.

He loves her too much and he wasn't prepared to loose her. Not for any thing in the world.

Author's note:
   Hey guys, it's me.... Your author Kira. It sounds stupid right but I'm really grateful to you guys for taking the time out to read this book.... But I still need to hear your views on this story... Positive critiques only please....no negative comments. It'll encourage me to write and update more....  I'm a new writer so I really need the encouragement...

Stay safe😘 and keep reading......

Love
Kira.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

232K 6.7K 49
|| General Fiction || || Romance || Currently Ranked - 06 in lovehaterslationship 02 in wattpadlovestory "Ale..x i did..n't.. do" i stammered, i...
A Memory Away Від kAy

Підліткова література

281K 10K 42
[HR: #2 in Young Adult 28/3/19] ❛❛One look and I fell in love again.❜❜ ❈ ❈ ❈ "Aren't you going to say anything?" I turned around to face him. "Thanks...
813K 14.2K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
Just to Feel | Complete Від Charmaine Sims-Smit

Підліткова література

4.9K 316 31
"I'm broken. Nothing can fix me. I feel so numb. No one understands me. No one understands my life and the sadness I feel all of the time." Mia Tomps...