The Maid of Wedgemore

By JustAlilfan

Wars, conquers, conflicts, blood and soil have always been part of the Continental Kingdoms. Stonegate is con... More

The beginning
What really happened?
A visit from Skeldergate
Preparations
A royal ball
The unexpected
Anger and concern
Secret plans or no plans at all?
The person with a long cloak
Uncertainties
The plan is ongoing
Please, do not fall
Treason
Diana
Thea's secrets
Thrones
Princess of Wedgemore
Stories of the past
Thea's fate
A storm is coming
Robert always told that...
Making Plans
The other maid
Escape
What's our destination?
Yours
Home
The kindgom never fell
Unexpected
Falling apart ?
Sneak around
Stimulus
It is only fire if it burns
Stay
Bittersweet Victory
Wreckage
Council reunited
The Princess of Wedgemore

Stonegate has fallen

310 9 9
By JustAlilfan

“Your highness!” A Charles de Montfort, Thomas father, ran to the Queen of Stonegate

“What is it, Charles?”

“Ships, they’re coming. All over”

The Queen glanced at him, thinking quickly

“They might not be able to get in, your highness.”

“And they might have tortured some of our soldiers in order to know secret ways in”

“Soldiers only know about two, your highness. Prince Robert is the one who knows everything about our borders”

“I know” The Queen sighed “Still, I am not risking more lives. Could you please gather all the population you can, pull a white flag at the harbor?”

Charles de Montfort looked down, he disagreed, he wanted vengeance. For his son, for his Prince. But he understood the Queen’s point of view, and he would not dare to question her.

“As you wish”

It did not took a long time for the population of the capital to join together in the main square. People of the council addressed the Queen before she started her speech

“Your highness, are you sure about this?” Walter spoke

“I am not, Walter. But I do think it is the best way.”

“Our army is still intact!” Another man said

“But has no one to command it, or may I remind you some past happenings?!” Charles de Montfort snapped “It is still strong, but the enemy is not just a simple army…”

“If they take this kingdom, they might kill many of us right away. This people might start living in hell”

The Queen looked down and walked to address the people

“People of Stonegate. It is with great sorrow that I will open the gates for Skeldergate, Knavesmire and Wedgemore. I will not command an attack, I do not want more deaths.” She whispered, tears almost falling from her eyes “I cannot assure you that your lives will be the same, I would never ask you to rebellion against the crown. But if something ever goes wrong, just remember who really made your good lives possible and peaceful in these last years.”

“Stonegate” One man yelled, within the crowd

Charles de Montfort approached the Queen, to assure she was alright

“Stonegate!” Another yelled

It was a matter of seconds until everyone was yelling ‘Stonegate’

“They will never forget where they belong, your highness” Charles half smiled at the Queen, who looked down.

“I just wished I knew something about my son.”

“I know. I feel the same way about my boy”

The Queen glanced at Charles “I know you do, Charles. I am so sorry about all this”

“There is nothing to be sorry about. We just need to find ways to turn this situation around. They are going to cause misery in here”

The Queen looked down “I know.”

Back in the island of Wedgemore, the Prince was smiling widely as he watched Diana struggling to fight him. Everyday he tried to make it harder, so she could learn some more new tricks. He could not deny the good learner she was. And she had the will to learn even more. She was not a warrior, she was not a soldier, but she was learning how to defend herself. And the Prince thought she was doing a good job in it.

“Ahhh, you will be a dead man, Robert!” she snapped, as she kept dropping her wooden sword

“Well if I am watching correctly, you have not done a single wise move since we started it”

She frowned “That is because you are not doing it the same way you taught me!”

He smiled “Well, when someone attacks you, they will not do it how I taught you either. You need to be ready to all kinds of attack”

“Argh” she sighed “That will take a lifetime!”

“Of course it will,” he extended his hand to help her up. She had just fallen to the ground “We help each other, and we learn with each other”

She looked into his eyes, her heart beat was increasing. She did not know what was wrong with her, but sometimes he knew exactly what to say, what she wished to hear.

“Right?” He smiled at her, his hand going up her arm until her shoulder “Are you ok?”

She kept glancing at him, getting lost in his eyes, she could smell his scent and feel his warmness so close to her.

“We should get our things together to leave” she whispered, but did not move.

The Prince looked into her ocean eyes, her soft voice seduced him in a way no other woman ever did. He was so close to her, and completely lost as well.

He did not want to be too audacious, but he could not resist her anymore. He wanted to feel her lips against his, her perfect glowing skin against his body.

So, he leaned to meet his lips with hers, one of his hands softly caressed her face as the other surrounded her waist. She tasted heavenly, she made him surrender to her completely. He never felt anything like that before, he never experienced such a passionate and mean meaningful kiss.

As to Diana, she was completely lost in his arms. She was never kissed before, but this man made love to her lips, made it so much more perfect than she had ever dreamed of. His lips were skillful, as well as his soft and pleasant hands, making her feel like she never felt before. And she did not want it to stop.

When he finally pulled away, he smiled at her “Did you really just let me invade your personal space?”

She looked into his eyes, she did not care about anything else at the moment, she just wanted this man to be hers.

“Shut up” she pulled him to another passionate kiss, her petite hands surrounding his neck. Tongues, bites, moans made both completely lost in each other, the world around them had completely vanished.

Diana smiled into his lips, she had never felt so good.

 Until...

“Ahhh” She felt his body balancing forward, making her step back, his groan was painful.

“Run.” He said

“Robert…?” She looked at him but immediately noticed the big arrow stick in his back.

Her eyes widened

“Run, Diana. Run!” He begged her, another arrow flying to hit his leg

“THAT’S HIM!” They heard someone yelling

They had never notice anyone approaching.

Fear filled both of them.

“RUN!” Robert yelled

“NO!” She cried “I’m not leaving you!” She held him as he started to lose his balance

“Please Diana, run” His eyes begged her.

He feared for her life.

“Welcome back from the dead, Stonegatean” A soldier laughed as, yet, another arrow hit him, making him fall to the floor

“No, Robert”

“Diana… no.” he whispered, the pain in his body not concerning him a bit

Lots of soldiers appeared out of nowhere and abruptly grabbed the Prince, pushing Diana do the floor.

“You are lucky we need to deliver you alive, Stonegatean. Or, maybe, not so lucky” he smiled wickedly.

He glanced at Diana “That must be the maid.” He smiled “You worked fine, my men. There’s your reward”

“NO, YOU DO NOT TOUCH HER”

“Oh, protective are we, Stonegatean?” The man laughed “Who are you to do something now? You are no longer a Prince, your dear kingdom as fallen. You are nothing”

Robert glanced at a crying Diana, his heart broken

“ROBERT” She yelled as the men dragged her

“DIANA!”

"I'm... sorry..." he whispered, but she never heard him.

His body was dragged as well.

A hard hit in his head made his world fall into darkness.

Hey!

I'm kinda tragic today :o

I am sorry people!

What will happen?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 539 92
"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord and sway the Great War approaches... Born at the beginning of the year of the year before the first...
62.6K 1.6K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...
14K 435 32
The War is nearing, and Tilly is stuck in between both sides. With Voldemort on her back, wanting to have Harry in his grasp as soon as possible. Har...
12.8K 365 23
What happens when a solider, federal agent, and single mother running from her trauma and past, thinking it will help her heal faster, moves across t...