Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 86」

299 9 6
By lazilazuli

Just after Jungkook had entered your bedroom, the front door opened back up. "You okay there, buddy?" Taehyung asked Jimin when entered the house again. "Don't worry, he's--" He came to a halt when his eyes laid on the devious chick walking through their door. "I'm gonna go take a dump," he whispered, to the rest that sat at the table. Ni time was wasted on the way there.

"Gross!" Jin shouted before the door closed.

The entire room watched as Kyunghee took off her shoes and entered the house behind Jimin. "What's the matter? Are you all really that surprised to see me?" she smiled. Her eyes did a full scan of the room, in search of only 2 people. "Where's Taehyung?"

"He's busy," your seemingly curt response, turned heads and widened eyes.

Kyunghee's brow arched after you. "I see. And my cousin?"

"She's busy, too," Hoseok answered this time.

"Can one of you call her out for me? She needs to receive this."

"We can give it to her for you," you offered. If it would make Kyunghee leave a whole lot sooner.

Kyunghee's sharp gaze darted your way. "No, it's fine," she said, trying to lift the distasteful frown from her face. "Besides, I want to see her."

Just then, another door opened. Those who were in view, looked over and saw Jungkook now leaving your room. He must've finished talking with Minji already. When he returned to the living room, Minji was found walking out behind him as well. There was a somewhat dry look on her face as she came out.

"Oh, there you are," she said. "Good things I didn't go in so soon," she smirked. "Or else I would've interru--"

"Suck my ass, cunt," Minji growled. The moment her eyes found her annoying cousin, Minji's whole aura turned deadly.

Kyunghee scoffed, "have you lost your fucking mind?" she tilted her head. "Do you realize who you're talking to?"

"Go ahead and spill your guts as much as you want," she made her way over to the fridge. "You're not telling them anything they don't know already."

It took her a good second to pick it up, but once she did, a snicker was her initial reaction. "You really found the balls to tell them?"

Minji opened the fridge and reached for a water bottle. "I didn't tell them shit." She snapped the cover open. "They all found out for themselves."

The rest of you just watched on as the cousins went back and forth. One calm, and the other semi-riled up.

Kyunghee walked from where she stood, over to Minji. "Park Minji, did you forget why I'm here?" Her tone was low to keep the conversation to themselves.

"The sooner you hand over the bag, the sooner you can be on your way, right?"

"I think you need to calm yourself down a bit, don't you think? Sure, the others might know about your useless feelings for Jungkook now, but do you think you're in a place to act freely yet? What do you think the others would say about the fact that you've been helping me to try and sabotage Taehyung and Jiyeong's shit relationship? I'm guessing not too happy with you."

"Oh, don't you worry about that. I've already told her and them about that, too." Lies. "Unfortunately for you, they didn't have the reaction that we thought they'd give. They were understanding, because they know the kind of underhanded bitch I'm related to." Anything to shut her trap.

The smirk from Kyunghee's lips was wiped clean. "Did you really?" The killer look she served Minji, from her silence, was only a fraction of her anger. "Here," she shoved the bag into her stomach until she wrapped her arms around it. "Where's the bathroom?" she turned to ask the rest.

"It's occupied right now," you answered.

"Is there no other bathroom?"

"There's one more, but it's in my and Minji's room."

That frown of hers curved upward and into the most troublesome smirk. "Can I use it? I really have to go." Something was brewing inside that head of hers.

The both of you stared each other down for some time before you answered, "sure." You walked out from the couch and into the hallway, with Kyunghee trailing behind you.

The sight just left everyone else speechless and worried all the same. "I don't like this," Hoseok said. "Did you see that staredown? They look like they could claw each other's eyes out at any second."

"We'll know something's up when we hear yelling," Yoongi shook his head.

"But what if Kyunhgee already has a chunk of Jiyeong's hair in her hand by then?" It was a question to which Yoongi had absolutely no response for. 

When you and Kyunghee walked into your room, you walked up the door, "it's right here."

"A bathroom for the girls, huh?" Kyunghee closed the door behind her. "Nice."

From the door, back to Kyunghee, you questioned her, "what are you doing? What'd you close the door for?"

"Y'know, I'm just about tired of playing around with you now. I've reached my limit of tolerance with this bullshit." You looked her up and down with confusion. "I'll tell you once and once only. Break up with Taehyung and leave him the hell alone."

"And why should I do something like that?"

"Because your child's play relationship with him won't last as long as you think it might, that's why."

"Child's play?" Who the hell was this chick? Ordering you around and telling you what to do with your own relationship. "My relationship with Taehyung is not child's play." Kyunghee scoffed. "And who are you to tell me to break up with him?" There was fire set to your heart. "I get that you two might've been close friends once, but you need to stop acting like you're his owner or something." You felt a small shot of caution course through your heart. "You sound like some obsessive nut."

It was Kyunghee's turn to size you up and down before chuckling at her own leisure. "I didn't realize that dating someone else's ex could grow you some tough balls."

You came to halt. Why was she talking about that? "What's that supposed to mean...?" But something told you that you already knew the answer.

"Did he still forget to mention that we used to date?"

"What?" Your heart felt like it had stopped for a couple of seconds before it clenched up. Tight. "Then that means you're the girl he was talking about..." your tone got real low.

"Oh, so he did tell you. Then why do you look so shocked?" she pouted with a tilt of her head. "Maybe he told you about his past relationship but made sure to leave out my name. That's fine," she shrugged.

Tighter. Your eyes took a fall from Kyunghee's gaze. 'I was right after all. After all of this, it makes perfect sense. Close friend my ass! This girl--This girl was really your ex-girlfriend all along?' All of a sudden, an annoying giggle started to fill your ears. You looked to her once again. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing really." But she was still smiling. She knew something. "It's just that, when we were hanging out together, he talked to me about you. He told me a couple of things about you."

'He talked to her about me? Why?'

"But, why is it that he hasn't even talked to you about me up until now? It just makes me wonder if you honestly think you've got as good of a relationship as you may think you do."

"Taehyung just wasn't comfortable talking about his past relationship, that's all."

"Is that really the reason why? Or is it because it was just too painful for him to think about me. Maybe after seeing me again, his little feelings for you didn't seem as strong as he thought. It was as if you didn't have much of a place in his heart as much as you thought you did."

"That's not true!"

"Then what's the truth?"

You went to speak to refute her nonsense claims, but nothing came out. Not even a sound.

--"Where's Jiyeong?" Taehyung asked, looking around for you.

"She went to show Kyunghee to the bathroom is. But, I think that was just a cover-up."

Taehyung's eyes nearly popped from his head. "How long ago was that?"

Yoongi checked the time on his phone. "Maybe 2 or 3 minutes ago."

'She's seriously still here?'

"Honestly, we think they're having a chat inside her room," Namjoon hinted.

"A chat?" 'How in the hell didn't I hear them then?!'--

"Nothing to say?" Kyunghee smirked. "Of course you don't," she folded her arms, "but really though, who else did you expect to be the ex of Kim Taehyung? Hopefully not any of those crazy fan girls. Come now, you really should have realized it sooner. Or could it be that you were too wrapped up in your useless little feelings for him, that you failed to pick it up?"

"I--I--"

"It's okay. I mean, it won't be long before Taehyung decides to have his way with you and tosses both you and this pitiful relationship of yours away. And when he does, I'll be right here waiting for him."

"What makes you think that Taehyung is going to get back with the same person the same crazy chick that cheated on him and broke his heart? You and him are over!"

"Cute," she smiled. "But your tiny squeaks mean absolutely nothing to me. Someone like you, who just got into the picture only a couple of months ago, can never measure up to the history we have. That's just the difference between you and I. No one," she took a step closer to you, "and I mean absolutely no one can take the place of first love. Remember this, Jiyeong: You're nothing but my replacement."

Your face started to heat up from embarrassment and frustration. Not only was she talking down to you and forcing onto you a feeling of inferiority, but you were also being beaten down with a feeling of betrayal. Disloyalty. He lied to you. Even with the chances you gave him to fess up, he still lied about his real relationship with her, like it was nothing. With the negative feelings continuously eating at you, you felt yourself on the verge of tears.

"Jiyeong," a knock followed, "you in here baby?"

Speak of the devil.

Kyunghee took a glimpse over to the door before looking back to you. "You gonna get that?"

"You gave Kyunghee one last glare before turning towards the door and yanking it open.

"There you--Wait," his smile faded away. "What's wrong? You look you're about to cry." Taehyung reached his hands to cup your cheeks, but instantly got them slapped away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Jiyeong," his eyes softened, "what happened to you all of a sudden?" Though his eyes softened up at your state, it didn't change up the sharp glare in your teary eyes.

Taehyung looked just past you and found the devious girl standing with what seemed like a triumphant smirk on her lips.

"She just couldn't handle the truth, that's all." As that line left her lips, Kyunghee strolled right on past you and out the door.

"You--" he turned to her. "Wait a second! What the hell did you say to her?"

Kyunghee stopped and turned back to meet Taehyung's burning gaze. "The truth, and nothing more." Without another word, Kyunghee made her way out towards the front door.

'The truth?' It took a good two seconds before it hit him. 'Don't tell me...' he looked back to you. 'Oh fuck...' Taehyung sighed as he rubbed the bridge of this nose.

"You lying piece of shit! Why didn't you tell me that Kyunghee was the one you dated?!"

Though he was towering you, Taehyung felt like a small puppy. "I--I didn't think that it would have mattered," he stuttered.

You squinted at him, folding your arms over chest. "Did you catch a case of the stupid from someone off the streets? Do you know how many times I've asked you about this? Which part of your brain told you that it was necessary to lie to me!"

"I thought you would've been upset about it. I didn't want that."

"I wouldn't have been upset if you had just told me when I first asked! But not only did you lie straight to my face and keep something from me, I had to find out about your past relationship coming from Kyunghee herself. So right now, I'm more than upset. I'm officially pissed!"

"Sorry," he cowered away from your barking.

"You're 'sorry'?" you scoffed. "Your apology isn't going to make me feel like less of a fool!"

"Honey, I--"

"Don't you 'honey' me! Liar!"

"Jiyeong, please try and understand that I was just thinking of your feelings. That's all. Besides, she's in the past now. It's you who's in my future." Taehyung went to reach his arms out towards you, and when he found that you weren't flinching back away from him, he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in close. "You're the only one I want to be with."

"You're trying to butter up to me, aren't you?"

"O-of course not," his lips twitched into a nervous smile. "Can't I just hold you in my arms?"

You unfolded your arms and gently placed your hands on his forearms. "Of course you can," you shoved his arms down. "In your fucking dreams!"

The look of relief left Taehyung's face in a near instant. Next thing he knew, you were pushing past him and marching right out the door. A stressful sigh left his lips and he shook his heavy head. "Not again..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 20.6K 41
" You know, people say that there's one world, but when I look into your eyes, I see two. " •••••• Jeon Jungk...
53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
327 52 24
Lee Y/N loved felt torn between two men, her boyfriend and his best friend. Kim Taehyung wasn't the one to be jealous but as he got closer to Y/N, he...
844 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...