Sincere

By darealkp

Your trust? It's deep, it's clear. Your hope? Look at it, we're still here. Your heart? I got it, no need t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Note
Sin City (Book 2)

Chapter 30

14.9K 476 137
By darealkp

Sincere Harris

My heart raced as I watched Cari run along the field, heading for the end zone. We all cheered him on right on the sidelines close to all the other players on his team, watching as he collected yards on the field. His footwork was absolutely amazing as he ran the ball, disregarding the play, heading for the touchdown. He was outrunning the running back and the quarterback, heading down the field without a care in the world. Once he made it to the end, realizing no one was close to catching him, he walked to the end zone, scoring a touch down as he did the infamous kodak rock.

He slammed the ball down on the field as they played "Transporting" by Kodak Black, boosting him up as he danced along the field, raising their score of 40 to 47. Jayceon, Kaylani and I cheered for him as he waved to us, lifting his jersey slightly to give himself some air. We were sitting along the sidelines with his family, enjoying the slight breeze and the close view of the game. I can't thank him enough because he's giving my little brother an experience he has always wanted. The coach has been interacting with Jayceon since we got here, and I'm happy for him considering this is the school he originally wanted to attend, but they weren't offering him a full ride. He settled for the University of Miami.

"That boy cold on the field.", Jayceon said, amazed at the way Cari easily made that touchdown. This was definitely a blow out game, as Miami was at 23 and Charlotte was at 47. It's fourth quarter and they definitely will not be catching up.

I smiled to myself as I watched Jayceon and Kaylani enjoy themselves at this game. We were sitting with Cari's parents, his younger sister and nephew. From the beginning of the game, things were really awkward. His parents and I didn't associate much, but his sister seemed to take a liking to me from the moment she laid her eyes on me. Her son was very friendly, and I found myself very pleased with him. He was ten and very smart for his age.

"Ms. Sincere, are you coming to the celebration after the game?", Cari's nephew, Andrew, asked me.

"Um, if it's okay with your nana and papa.", I said, referring to his grandparents who were listening in on the conversation.

"It's fine with me sweetheart.", Cari's father stated, as I gave him a small smile. His wife nodded her head, she was more distant and I could tell by her attitude, she was very judgmental.

At a young age, I've adjusted to people judging me off of my looks visually before they really look into me. My body signifies 'whore' to many older people, I'm beautiful with a very nice figure and I have a very silent way of addressing people. The fact that my pregnancy is now visible and I have two dependents, I'm positive people just think the worst when they first meet me. Judging a book by its cover is some real shit, but I've never been the type to give a damn about what others may think of me. I'm my own person, and I do this shit.

The fourth quarter of the game came rolling down to its last seconds, and Charlotte was over Miami by many points. It was official that Charlotte won the game when the clocked ticked down to zero, and our crowd erupted as the boys got dougie on the field. They were dancing and acting up as everyone began to gather their things and clear out the stadium. After a few moments of the players hitting the locker rooms, the coaches and referees opened the front gates of the stadium, allowing friends and family onto the field. We all went onto the field, waiting for Cari as many families found their star player, congratulating them or giving them a pep talk for next time.

Within a matter of fifteen minutes, Cari came out and found his way over to us. He'd changed jerseys and had on a pair of gym shorts with some plain black socks, and his Nike slides. His dreads were pulled back into a messy bun, and his duffle bag hung from his shoulders. He pulled his parents into a hug as they smiled at him, excited about his win.

"Congratulations my baby, I knew you'd do good.", his mother pinched his cheeks, causing him to nervously laugh as he looked over at me, smirking to him.

"Thanks ma.", he said, laughing as his dad swatted her hands away from his face.

"Good job son.", his dad said, patting his back.

"Congratulations Uncle Cari!", Andrew yelled, as they did their signature handshake, making me smile. I love when a man can have a close relationship with a child that means the most to them.

As they finished their handshake, he made his way over to me, pulling me into a hug as I hugged him back. He smiled as he peered over my shirt, which had his last name on the back in gold letters, and his picture on the front. Above his picture were the words Team Fugate.

"That nigga on your shirt sexy as hell.", he said, smirking as I just smiled at him. Jayceon wore the team sweatshirt he asked Dre for, and Kaylani's shirt matched mine.

"How y'all feeling? Y'all enjoyed the game?", he asked Jayceon and Kaylani. They'd never really had the chance to meet him, but I can tell by the looks on their faces, they were enjoying it.

"Yeah, you did ya' thing out there.", Jayceon said, amazed.

"Yeah, well I heard you been trying to get put on. Ima' holla' at my coach about ya' and see what he gotta' say.", he said, sticking his fist out to fist bump Jayceon.

"You the goat for real.", Jayceon said, dapping him up.

As they continued to talk about football, Kaylani began to really get to know Cari, just as a little boy came up with a picture in his hand. He tugged at Cari's leg, causing him to look down as the little boy shyly looked over him. I smiled to myself as Cari got down and began interacting with the little boy. He gave the boy a hug and took the picture, beginning to sign it. I captured the moment just so I could make a congratulations post on instagram. This has to be one of the cutest moments I've ever seen.

@exoticsin: He came to my home town and beat our boys, but I'm so proud of him. 250 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 field goals. Congratulations to my CashCari and I can't wait to celebrate with you #TeamFugate 💚 @j.fugate 🤞🏽
__________________________________

After making the post, I decided against scrolling down my time line, but from the way my phone was going off, I could tell the likes were coming in quickly. I know for a fact that people are going to assume things about Cari and I, but I am madly in love with my man at home. There isn't anything Cari could say or do to take me away from Dre. I can be a little naive, but being dumb is a no go.

"Y'all coming to celebrate with us tonight?", Cari asked, looking over Kaylani, Jayceon and I.

"Yeah, we'll drop through for a little bit.", I said, adjusting my sunglasses on my face. It's definitely too sunny to be out here conversing, but I won't complain.

"I see that little munchkin growing on you.", he said, rubbing his finger across my belly, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, walking us all out of the stadium.

"Yeah, I'm just ready to find out what I'm having so I can spoil my baby.", I said, pouting a little bit.

"Damn, I wanna' be here when you have the baby.", he said, shaking his head.

"I'll let you know when I hit the nine month mark, and I'll have Jayceon text you if I go into labor early. You can definitely come down and see the baby.", I said.

He leaves to go back to Charlotte this weekend, and I know it may seem wrong, but I've taken a liking to him being around. It's going to hurt my feelings to see him go, but at least we'll keep in touch. I love our friendship and he helps me out a lot with trying to prep for the baby. After telling him that I was pregnant, I expected him to ease back, but he took the pregnancy and my situation with Dre very well. We talk to one another every day and I vent to him because he's always willing to listen. He's like the older brother I never had.

He walked me to the car, as I unlocked the doors, allowing for Jayceon and Kaylani to get inside. We walked to the driver side and he prepared to open my door for me.

"Congratulations.", he said, smiling as he just smirked back at me.

"Preciate it shorty.", he said, placing a small kiss on my cheek before opening the door. "Text me when you make it back to the crib. The celebration starts at six."

I nodded my head, giving him a genuine smile as I got into the driver seat. He closed the door for me and began to walk away, giving me the initiative to pull off and head for home. Luckily, I didn't have to make any stops, so arriving home took little to no time. After parking, we all hopped out the car, heading inside the house before going our separate ways. I sprawled out on my bed, in desperate need of a shower after being in the heat for so long. I made sure to send Cari a text message, letting him know that we'd made it home safe. Just as I was about to start stripping down, a FaceTime call came through on my phone.

"Hello?", I answered, already knowing who it was.

"Hey baby.", Dre's smooth voice came through the phone as his face appeared on the screen. "How was ya' day?"

"It's was fun, the game was definitely great. We had front row seats.", I said, smiling as I headed into my bathroom.

"Wea' yo' clothes?", he asked, peering over my bare breasts as we were on FaceTime.

"I'm about to shower.", I said, rolling my eyes at his over protective ass.

"Without me?", he asked, smirking at me through the camera.

"Yep.", I said, casually rolling my eyes as I placed my fresh lace front into a nice bun above my head.

"Jus' fake as fuck.", he mumbled, causing me to giggle.

"Keep calling me names and we'll never shower together again.", I said, sizing him in the camera.

"Nah, I can't have 'dat shit.", he said. "I'll be goin' through withdrawals."

"Right, I put that woo on you.", I said, sticking my tongue out in a joking manner.

"Fuck outta' hea'.", he laughed. "But I'm 'bout to go make a couple plays, Ima' come through when I'm done."

"Alright, bye baby, I love you.", I said, blowing a kiss to him.

"I love you too and kiss my baby fa' me.", he stated, causing me to squint my eyes.

"How the fuck am I going to do that?", I asked, laughing. My back pains have been increasing since this pregnancy begun.

"It's aight, I'll do it when I get 'dea.", he said before kissing into the phone and ending the call.

I smiled to myself as I continued to think about how he has begun to really step his game up, not only for this relationship, but also for our child. Every time he goes out, he brings me home something pertaining to the pregnancy. Overall, I am very excited about my pregnancy and now that Dre and I are officially on steady ground, I am more than prepared for these next four to five months to fly by.

Reaching inside the shower, I cut it on and got inside, allowing the hot water to release all of the built up tension. My mind has been at ease since Dre's incident, but I find myself sad knowing that Cari will be leaving me soon. It really hurts my heart to know that I won't be able to just walk a few houses down and see him, or be able to facetime at certain times because his schedule will change once he's back in Charlotte. Pouting a little, I spent a good thirty minutes in the shower before hopping out. My regular routine of drying and moisturizing my skin followed, before I slipped into an all black panty and bra set. Following my sexy lace was a floral, white sundress, and my brown and gold Michael Kors sandals. I slicked down my edges at the front of my lace front, and pulled my hair back into a neat bun, before grabbing my gold sunglasses. Today, I would be using my brown purse, and I felt like this was a complete look for a simple celebration. It wasn't too much, and it ensured that I was comfortable. My baby bump was on slight display, but I'm very contempt with it.

As I was rubbing a little cocoa butter on my face, I felt arms wrap around my body and a face placed into my neck. I smiled, feeling his body pressed against mine and for once in a very long time, I'm enjoying being in his arms. The scent of his cologne graced my nose, and I felt like I was on edge as he rubbed my tummy, reaching further for my promise land. He placed a few kisses in my neck, knowing what he was doing. This pregnancy has my hormones on a thousand, but I'd rather not fall into temptation.

"How was yo' day?", he asked, pecking my lips a few times.

"It was good, the game was fun.", I said, shrugging.

"Where you headed?", he asked, taking a seat on my bed, followed by him pulling me into his lap. I could feel his erection, and it was all too much for me to handle right now.

"Cari's family is having a celebration for his performance in his game and he'll be leaving soon, so this is just to see him off before he goes back to Charlotte.", I said.

He nodded his head in silence and he looked at me with that look of lust in his eyes. He knew what he was doing, and this sundress was no help right now. I smiled at him slightly before attempting to get off his lap, but it was as if Satan was cursing me to not be able to move my legs. I was stuck in his gaze, and it was doing something to me. He didn't look angry, but he looked obsessed, and it was all in his eyes. I could tell just by his looks that he is deeply in love with me.

"Jus' don't do no shit I wouldn't.", he sighed, causing me to raise an eyebrow. His nonchalant attitude lately has really been catching me off guard.

"You know I wouldn't baby.", I said, kissing his lips passionately as he deepened it.

"Stop trying to seduce me.", I mumbled against his lips.

"Stop fightin' it.", he mumbled back, rubbing his hand over my inner thigh.

"Nope, you're on punishment.", I said, after pulling away.

"Stop playin' wimme.", he straight faced me, causing me smile.

"Learn how to pull out.", I said, thumping him in the forehead, rising from his lap to finish handling my process.

"Oh you wanna' go there?", he asked, slapping my ass as I headed back into the bathroom to start a little make up.

"Yes, let's go there.", I said, mushing him.

"Your ass be trappin' me in, how the hell ima' pull out.", he asked. "And you're the one who don't remind me to wear a condom. That's yo' job nigga."

"Mane, if you eating on my pussy and decide to just slide it in, how in the hell am I supposed to remind you to wrap it up Dre?", I asked, rolling my neck as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I ain' tryna' hear 'dat shit. You gotta' mouth, use it.", he said, thumping me in the neck.

"Oh I use it, I use it very well.", I smirked, applying some concealer to my eyebrows.

"I'm rubbin' off on you.", he laughed, pulling his phone from his pocket. He left out the bathroom as it vibrated in his hand, which I'm assuming was a business call. That was the only time he'd leave the room to talk on the phone because he wanted to keep me as far away from this as possible.

I finished my make up in peace, only doing my eyebrows, a little liner and lashes, followed by some tan colored lipstick. This would be the fresh look for the day, and I'd definitely rock it well. I grabbed my phone, realizing it was going on five o'clock and I wanted to bring something to the party. I hate showing up empty handed to any event, so I decided to put my best efforts forward and go purchase a cake.

Making my way down the hallway, I stopped by Kaylani's room, seeing that she was knocked out sleep. I would've woken her, but she was sleeping too good. Deciding to leave her alone, I made a mental note to bring her a plate of food back from the party. My next stop was Jayceon's room, where he was kicking back, watching television. He looked as if he was almost on the same page as Kaylani, but I decided to ask him anyway.

"You stepping out with me, or you staying here?", I asked.

"I'll stay, just let Cari know that I'll be calling him later.", he said, causing me to nod my head.

Finally as I made my way down the stairs, I could hear Dre still talking on the phone and it was as if he was getting angrier by the minute. I scrunched my face up in confusion, not wanting to accept that face that he may flip out again, but it scares me when he gets upset.

"Man, I don't give a fuck. I want 'dat nigga dead, and I'm not fuckin' around. Either you get his ass, or you can kiss yo' life goodbye.", he spoke to the other person on the line.

"I don't want no excuses. I'm payin' you fa' 'dis shit and you already spent my damn money, so you got twenty fo' hours or you a dead man walkin'.", he finished, ending the call.

I pretended as if I didn't hear the conversation and headed for the front door, making sure my keys and everything were in my purse. I blew a kiss in his direction before heading out the door. My first stop was Publix, and it took me little to no time to get there as I blasted my MoneyBagg Yo and rapped along to his lyrics to "Insecure". I locked my car doors and headed into the store with my sunglasses on since it was such a sunny day. The bakery was my only destination as I peered over all the cakes and looked at the different designs. There was a cake with the Charlotte colors, and I chose that one as the woman behind the counter watched me peer over the cakes.

"May I please have this one and if you don't mind, can you add in the words 'Congrats CashCari'?", I asked, causing her to nod her head and remove the cake from the casing. She took it to the back and began working on it, leaving me to stand peacefully waiting. I wanted to get on instagram, but I felt no need too since I'm already pretty aware of what would be going on. After posting Cari, I'm positive people have so much to say, but I don't give a damn. My man is my man, and Deandre Martin is my man!

After a ten minute wait for the cake, she handed it to me in a container, sealed with the bar code for check out. I made my way to the registers and stood in line, patiently waiting my turn. The shopping cart in front of me had a child and he was just too cute. He had a head full of curly hair, had adorable dark skin and hazel eyes. He was such an exotic baby, as he smiled and drooled at me. I couldn't help but admire the way his eyes twinkled as he smiled at me.

"Aw, you are just so cute.", I mumbled, as the man who was at the register looked back at me. He swiped his card as he smiled at me, looking down at the baby in his shopping cart.

"Say thank you pretty.", he said to the baby who only giggled and reached at me in the cutest manner. My pregnancy was giving me baby fever, and all babies such as this one stood out to me. I just can't wait until my little bundle of joy gets here.

"You're welcome.", I giggle, placing the cake on the conveyor belt as I tickled under his little chin. "He really is adorable.", I said to the man as the baby grabbed my finger, playing with it.

"I guess my son finds you adorable too.", he chuckled, admiring as his child played with my manicured pointer finger in excitement. "But thank you sweetheart."

"No problem.", I said as he pulled the shopping cart out of the aisle. I waved my goodbyes to the baby as he just continued to smile at me, leaving me to finally pay for the cake and start walking out to my car.

I placed the cake in the passenger seat, propping it up by my purse to keep it secure. Eventually, I speeded off and was headed back home, deciding that I would walk to Cari's house once I make it back to the crib. The time was going on six o'clock and I would be right on time once I made it there. I'm sad that he's leaving me, but I'm happy that over these past days I have made a new friend. Tomorrow I will find out the sex of my baby, and I am more than ecstatic for finding out what I am having. Dre and I have been talking about having a gender release party, but I'm not sure what I want to do.

Once I made it back to the crib, I locked the car up and grabbed the cake before walking a few houses down where I could hear the sound of everyone in Cari's parents backyard. The large, wooden gate was open, allowing me to head straight to the back where his father was the first to great me. I smiled and hugged him tightly as he held the tongs for the grill.

"Welcome honey bun, grab a plate and make your self at home.", his father said, causing me to smile at him and thank him for welcoming me into his home. I peered over the table with all of the food, and placed the cake onto the table, allowing everyone to have at it.

Afterwards, I looked around at all of the events going on at this one little celebration. Women were sitting around, talking and gossiping as always. The teenage children within his family were all texting away on their phones, or playing in the pool that I didn't know existed back here. The older men were playing spades and tunk, gambling their few dollars away. Cari's father was on the grill making some ribs, and I walked back over to him, confused on where Cari was. I could tell many eyes were on me, but that was the least of my worries. I'm unfamiliar with these people, and I'd like to find the one person that I know all too well.

"Hey Mr. Fugate, where is Cari?", I asked, causing him to smile and point towards the house.

"He's up there in his room.", he said, as I smiled.

"Thank you, do you mind if I go see him?", I asked and he shook his head, shooing me off.

I headed through the back door and up the stairs to Cari's room. Our countless FaceTime calls allowed me to memorize the route to his room as he was always moving around whenever we were on FaceTime. Once I made it to his door, I sent a small knock on his door, refraining form barging into his personal space. After waiting a few moments for him to open the door, there was no response, so I sent another knock to the door. I finally heard the commotion behind the door before he came snatching it open.

"Man, I already told y'all I don't wanna' be a part of that stupid ass-", he stopped when he realized it was me, scrunching his face up in confusion. "Why you up here?"

"I came to your celebration to make sure I got to spend your last hours here with you, but I see you're upset.", I said, lowering my head to try and refrain from looking over his shirtless body. It was tempting, I can't even lie, but I know who my loyalty is with and I won't betray him for nobody. That's my man until death do us part.

He ran his hand over his face before allowing me into his room and might I say, it was nice as hell. He had a California KingBed sprawled dead in the center of the room, along with drapes on his large window. I can tell this was the room that led to their balcony and by the way his TV was plastered on the wall, I know he was living large in here.

"Damn, you living like a king.", I said, turning around to face him, as he just shrugged his shoulders, going to take a seat on his bed. "What's wrong?", I asked, taking a seat on the love seat that was also in his room. I knew my boundaries, my man wouldn't like me being in any other man's bed. Regardless of the circumstances.

"Man, my retarded ass parents invited my brother and I can't stand that nigga.", he said, scrunching his face up. I rose an eyebrow, confused on the fact that he never mentioned having a brother.

"Your older brother, or younger brother?", I asked.

"Older.", he mumbled, laying back on his bed. I took it upon myself to remove these sandals that were lowkey hurting my feet.

"Damn, why you hate him so much. Don't get me wrong, my siblings can get on my nerves too, but it's never a point in time where I would hate them.", I said, raising my eyebrow once again.

"My brother and I are nothing alike. I did good in high school, got my grades together, and landed in college on a football scholarship. He decided to be a dumb ass, drop out, work on some construction and wanted to become a dope boy. Now that we both getting money, and I just so happen to be the one my parents look out for the most because I'm doing the right thing, he can't accept it. This nigga try to stunt on me every chance he get.", he said, causing me to nod my head in understanding.

"Well, maybe if your parents showed him the same amount of love they show you, it'll mend the broken relationship.", I suggested, but he just shook his head in disagreement.

"No, they try to be calm with him, but he always wants to start trouble. That's why I don't understand why they invited him here.", he said, scrunching his face up some more in disappointment. I tried to keep my composure and not laugh at his facial expression, but sometimes I can't take Cari serious.

"Well, I came to spend time with you before you leave. I brought you a cake.", I shrugged, looking at him.

"I really don't want to go down there Sincere.", he said, giving me that pleading look with his eyes.

"Fine. I'll go get the cake and make us some plates, then I guess we can chill up here and watch some movies or something.", I said, laughing as his whole facial expression changed.

"See, gotta' love you.", he said, smiling.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be back nigga.", I said, slipping my feet back into my sandals.

I slipped the back of my sandals up my ankles before heading out his door, knowing he was watching my every step. As quick as I could, I made my way out of his room and back down the stairs, hopping to get us some plates made without too much commotion. I forced a small smile onto my face as I walked back out the back door onto the back patio where everyone was doing what they were previously. No one seemed to be paying me any mind, so I went ahead and made us nice sized plates of food containing, mac and cheese, barbecued ribs, turkey legs, collard greens, potato salads and some bake beans. Using the aluminum foil, I wrapped the plates and stacked them. This mission was soon to be fulfilled until I heard the slight commotion of individuals coming from the backyard gate.

"Y'all throwin'  this wack ass party for my brother!", was all it took for me to damn near drop everything in front of me. I felt like the world around me was slowing down and silently began to pray that he wouldn't spot me out of the crowd. Out of all the people that could be related to Jaccarion, it had to be him.

•••
So, I know you guys are wondering why I updated late. For whatever reason, whenever I am typing this story on my phone, it will only type in the format of bold and italic. It won't let me remove it from bold and italic, so I've had to do a hell of a lot of editing since I usually just add stuff to my WattPad stories from my phone. I have a brand new iPhone 7, so I'm positive it isn't my phone causing the problem. If anyone is aware of how I can stop this, please let me know.

I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Make sure to vote, comment and SHARE!

Thank you to all my loyal readers. You all are very the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
881K 26.9K 27
2.3K 52 18
*UNEDITED* all she ever wanted was for him to be the man of her dreams. He never would. Her infidelity is the least of this young couples problems...
777K 18.2K 32
"I remember his face, his eyes that begged for forgiveness, his body as it shook with anger and emotion. I remember how my world fell apart right bef...