Open mind for a different View

By Isabelle88

Mel, the loner, agrees to tutor Eric, the football star, who has an older artistic brother she can't get out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Appreciation

Chapter 29 Fin

7.9K 162 5
By Isabelle88

Chapter 29

Anthony said it wasn’t possible but she could swear the word sex was written all over her face. They did make sure to stop at the bakery and pick up a white iced chocolate cake after their short time together in the back seat of his blue mustang. She never knew how sticky leather could be against your bare ass. Now she did.

Anthony took the cake into the kitchen where their mothers were still hanging out. Lena’s brown eyes trained on her sister, a small knowing small tugging her lips as she came closer. “Where’ve you been?”

“Picking up a cake.” Mel made sure to say it with as much sarcasm and obviousness. “You’re too young to have short term memory span.”

“Right, so you didn’t stop anywhere along the way?” Lena wasn’t letting up. “You look a little flushed.”

Mel mentally groaned and tried to keep her composure. She had been right, the sex was obvious all over her face and Lena was seeing it. Better her than their mother. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.” When and doubt play dumb and considering she was still supposed to be a virgin it was best to play dumb concerning Lena’s innuendos.

Lena chuckled and headed out of the room while saying in a sing song voice, “Someone got her cherry popped.”

Mel was beat red by the time Anthony was back. “Did I miss something?” he asked quietly.

“Lena figured it out by just looking at me. You can read sex off people’s face.”

Anthony grinned and teased her. “Do you see it across my face?”

“No, you can’t see it off the face of the person you have the sex with because you already know the answer is yes.”

He pulled her loose into his arms. “Hmm, that’s some good logic.” He kissed her across the mouth, a soft peck that was controlled.  “My mom’s packing up some cake and leftovers to take and we’ll be leaving in a few minutes. Come see me after school tomorrow.”

Mel basked in the warmth pouring from his hands as he rubbed them up and down her arms. She nodded and said, “I’ll be there but you have to get some work done on your project.”

“How do you know that’s not what I had in mind?” his hands moved from her arms low down her waist.

“Educated guess.” She heard the women finishing up in the kitchen and knew she and Anthony didn’t have much more time alone. “Are we ok? On the same page?”

Clarity shifted into his blue eyes. “I hope so.”

She felt guilty for not being able to say all the words he wanted to hear. She knew with a hundred percent of her heart she loved Anthony and didn’t want anything to come between them. She wasn’t willing to lose him not even for Zander her best friend she had loved more than anything once upon a time. “I love you and I’ll be there tomorrow.” She reached up and kissed him goodbye without the restraint he held for the quick peck they shared earlier. This was an intense, hot, and soul searching kiss that laid all her emotions on the line that she couldn’t put into words.

“Uh hello?” Dana Lowell coughed to make their presence known. Mel and Anthony jumped away from each other with red embarrassment across their faces.

His mother said, “I thought we might have to get the hose out.”

Anthony chuckled weakly as he neared the door. “Thank you Mrs. Lowell for dinner. It was nice getting to know you better.” He was putting his good boy face forward for the sake of their relationship. Mel found it heart stop endearing.

Mel’s mother surprised everyone by smiling. “Likewise. Theresa I’ll call you tomorrow.” She kept her smile as she showed them out and locked up behind them. “Am I right in assuming you enjoyed tonight’s gathering?” it was a miracle when Mel didn’t detest any social gathering.

Every part in Mel’s body was jumping like a jack with embarrassment and giddiness. “You’re alright with me and Anthony?” she wanted so badly for her mother to be supportive.

“It didn’t look like I have much of a choice sweetie.” She chuckled on her way back to the kitchen.

Mel followed. “You know what I mean. I know you don’t like our age difference but now that you spent some time with him and saw how happy he makes me I really hope you can be happy for us.”

“I’m happy that you’ve been coming out of your shell and hanging out less in your room.” Dana began. “I can see clear as day a lot of that is because of Anthony and I’m glad he came along for you to trust.”

Mel sat across from her mother at the kitchen table still stacked with leftover food containers. “But?”

“But I’m worried you’re going to get your heart broken. What’s going on with Zander?”

The sudden change in conversation threw her off guard. She blinked a few times and thought the question over. “What do you mean?”

“I think we all saw the way he was looking at you. After seeing Anthony nearly swallow you whole with that kiss I know you’re together romantically but what about Zander?” she clarified.

“Zander’s been my best friend almost my whole life and that hasn’t changed but that’s all it is. I love Anthony, I’m in love with him and nothing is going to change that either.” There was a weight lifted from her shoulders to finally voice those words out in the open with so much conviction. “I want them both in my life. Zander knows where I stand with everything and he accepted it.” It’d kill her if that suddenly changed and she’d lose him again. The first time nearly destroyed her.

Dana sighed. “When you’re out I want to know exactly where you are and if you don’t call me you’re going to be grounded for three months every time you terrify me into thinking something is wrong. As long as you respect my rules and Anthony respects you I’ll try to keep my mouth shut.”

“Thanks mom.” They hugged and parted ways for bed.

Mel was in for a surprise when she stepped foot into her bedroom.

Lena was waiting.

“What are you doing here?” Mel wasn’t in the food to fight with her twin, not after everything had gone pretty damn well tonight.

“I heard you and mom talking, so she’s getting off your back about Tony huh? That’s good.” Lena was sitting across the bed looking rather innocent but Mel couldn’t be sure.

“Is it?”

“Yeah it looks like the dweeb actually likes you even though I have no idea why.” Lena wouldn’t be Lena if she wasn’t throwing in a dig when even trying to be nice. It was rather sweet in some twisted sisterly way. “I’m glad you’re not walking around like some half dead zombie anymore.”

Mel looked around and waited for something to jump out of the shadows and scream gotcha or for Lena to laugh and make some cruel joke about her never being good enough. “Thanks?”

Lena hopped off the bed with a big smile. “You’re welcome, see ya tomorrow.” For her the visit with her sister was a success to be proud about.

Mel watched her twin go and shook her head. That was definitely weird. She walked over to the bed where she sat and reflected over the last several hours. Zander was back in her life and in a lot of ways they hadn’t missed a step, it was still so easy to talk to him and let him into the most hidden parts of her heart.

She could understand why something that special would worry Anthony but she had no doubt he was the man for her. What she felt for Anthony she had never felt before even for Zander and because of that there was no doubt in her choice. Now all she had to do was make Anthony believe there was nothing to worry about. She hadn’t done a good job of that earlier because her thoughts and feelings had been such a mess.

Now everything was crystal clear.

Her mother still had her reservations about everything but was willing to stand back enough for Mel to make her own choices. That was something to be smiling about from ear to ear about. She couldn’t wait to see Anthony tomorrow and tell him everything.

Even Lena was being nice in her own way. That Tuesday was one Mel would remember for the rest of her life because she realized dreams really do come true with an amazing best friend, a special boyfriend you loved, and a family who you didn’t get along with often but proved they were on your side no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.8M 71.4K 43
#28 Highest Ranking In Teen Fiction 3/31/2017 Previously known as "Eliazer King" | Not your cliché Teen Fiction story It's funny how one flaw can bri...
700K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
1.6M 52.4K 71
"How beautiful is it to find someone who asks for nothing but your company?" 03/01/2021 - #1 in Boxer