Death's Embrace [Link x Reade...

Galing kay XxInsanity9870xX

✥ W h e n t h e r e i s l i f e , t h e r e i s d e a t h ✥ - UNDER EDITING - It was back then at... Higit pa

✥I✥ |The Presence of Death|
✥II✥ |The Book|
✥III✥ |Mystery|
✥IV✥ |A destined meeting|
✥V✥ |Truth's Slumber|
✥VI✥ |Lost in Time|
✥VII✥ |World of Time|
✥VIII✥ |Death's Temptation|
✥IX✥ |Cold Blood|
✥X✥ |Cold Blood|
✠XI✠ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
✥XII✥ |Darkness' Perspective|
✥XIV✥ |Vessel of Twilight|
✠XV✠ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
✥XVI✥ |The rueful parting|
✥XVII✥ |The Wild's Silence|
❈XVIII❈ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
✥XIX✥ |Beneath the Moon|
❈XX❈ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
❈XXI❈ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
❈XXII❈ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~
✥XXIII✥ |Edge of Fate|
|XXV|
Chosen!

✥XIII✥ |In between worlds|

1.3K 56 7
Galing kay XxInsanity9870xX

In between worlds

A few days have probably passed by, and it certainly is surprising. Their afterlife lives is similar to when they were alive, night passes by as usual. The night seems to carry on longer than the day in this Void, though.

Currently situated in a forest near a village called 'Ordon', Link is fondling with his cute green hat. His thumb passing over the soft garment as thoughts endlessly cloud his mind. The female laying on the branch meters above him is no different, as well. Both are silent, peaceful and calm as if nothing bad is happening at all. Link drops to the grass, sighing. He is fully aware of Skyloft's situation, he doesn't know if Zelda's awake yet, they have to search for the vessel in this location and they have to roam around in hopes of seeing it. Not only that, but the memory that he regained a little while ago keeps nagging him inside.

There's so much more to (Name) that's well hidden.

He looks up at her, seeing her play with the leaves of the tree and swinging her arms about, probably thinking of something, too.

"Hey, (Name)." he calls out silently. The girl lets out a loud hum in response, currently in 'peace' atop the branch. Link places his arm beneath his head, letting it serve as a pillow. "Who am I to you?" he asks, briefly remembering how she acted in the memory from long ago. Said girl lets go of the leaf in her clutch, Link, watching it fall down slowly to the grassy ground.

"You're.. Link. A companion." she responds softly. The brunette tips his head to the side and raises his hand palm up as if waiting for something to fall down on it. His eyebrows creased, wondering if the female ever knew how her past is connected to his.

"Then.. what about (twin's name)?" he asks reluctantly.

She turns silent. He feared that she got upset at him, oh no, perhaps she knew?

"What about him.." she mumbles in a discreet fashion, though he's fast enough to hear it clearly. Deciding on pushing things a bit farther, he presses on the topic lightly. "Is he related to you?" he has to know if she's lying, if she's worthy of his trust. (Name) swings her arm down, a small sigh escaping her lips. "Yes." she replies, and nothing else came from her. Link exhales softly, wondering if he should continue or not. "Wha-" "Link," she interrupts, her voice cracking lightly. The teen halts in his words, oh no, he probably went too far.

(Name) turns over so she can look at him from above, her eyebrows were furrowed and a solemn look graced over her features.

"Please, not now." she says, although it's more of a demand. A plea, actually. She nods at him lightly before sighing again, "I'll tell you another time." she mutters and jumps off the branch, safely landing on the ground.

Link nods back, mumbling an apology as he tips his head to the side in order to look at her properly. (Name) glances at him before averting her gaze, "I'll.. go and find the Twilight Vessel." she states. Not waiting for a reply, she begins to walk away.

Link sadly gazes at her retreating form, humming as he thought of how he acted seconds before. Well, he's suspicious now. He looks down on the pendant currently in his between his fingers, watching it's shine in the green gem. He creases his eyebrows in confusion. The only way to know if a person is the vessel is for the gem to glow and (Name) gave away the pendant to him.

How will she be able to find the vessel without the enchanted item?

(Name) walks around the peaceful village, her eyes staring into every villager she passes. Their afterlife force are all the same, dull shard of black. None of them doesn't have a (c) glint to it. She lowers her head as she begins to think of the possibilities; perhaps they were transported to a location wherein they need to roam around past their site?

Amidst her thinking, she bumps into someone. A female, she knew, she heard a feminine gasp to prove her questions. The (c) haired girl managed to stay at her ground, though.

She looks down to see a normal villager, and just as she assumed-it's a female.

She has light blonde hair and emerald eyes, nothing out of the ordinary. (Name) helps her up with her face devoid of emotions, she can't feel anything for the people in the Void. She didn't feel pity at all, especially when Link destroyed the Time Vessel; Princess Zelda of Hyrule, down.

They're just mindless pawns used to act and move according to how the 'script' works. She knows.

"Ah! I'm sorry. You see-I uh, wasn't looking at where I was going, a-and!" she stutters continuously, immediately blabbering afterwards. (Name) can't help but just stare and block out her hearing. When she heightened her vision, however.

She saw a pale (c) shard instead of her afterlife force. She can't believe it herself. The pawns-or the so called 'civilians', one of them would be chosen to be the Vessel for Death's various sentiments.

They are chosen for a reason.

Zelda bore 'Pain'. The actual feeling of being hurt physically and emotionally, currently, Death is nothing but a bland Reaper. All she ever feels is hatred and if she ever smiles, then it would be of mockery or evil. Zelda was chosen to be the bearer because of the regret that she had in not sending Link back in time, and he had 'forgotten' her. This of course, sent her in a sad state and caused her pain. Believing that her friend had abandoned her, perfectly parallel to Death's past.

When Link tore down the Time Vessel, that sentiment that Zelda had, of course, broke free. It was contained in the gem in the pendant that's situated hanging about from Link's neck.

So how is this village girl the Twilight Vessel? She can't see anything special in her.

"Is there something in my face?" the blonde questions whilst tilting her head to the left. (Name) blinks and shakes her head, "Ah, no. I just thought you look familiar." she replies with a nervous smile.

"Oh! Well, I'm Ilia." she smiles back. "(Name)." she replies as well. Unsure as to how this flow out.

"It's nice to meet you in the village, I best be going. I'll see you around!" Ilia grins before walking away. (Name) stares at her form with a sigh, looks like the journey will be finished quickly than she had imagined before.

"Let me go!" Zelda exclaims as she struggled against her bindings, a sour look at her face as she glares bitterly at the demon. Ghirahim sighs and tugs at the edge of the rope, bringing her closer to him.

"I'd rather use my power to just lift you in the air and make you shut your mouth but that would be such a waste, right, dear?" he mocks with a twitching eye.

Zelda huffs sharply, "You won't get away with this. Link brought you down the last time, he'll do it again!"

The silver haired demon rolls his eyes and keeps on walking towards the tree house in the distance.

"Please, you've seen his corpse. How can a dead body fight me? Silly incarnate." he spats. Zelda stops in her tracks, realizing something vital that she had forgotten. The thought of it made her heart thump faster than before. "Oi." Ghirahim says, pausing to look at the frozen blonde. "Let's go-" "How?" the man blinks in light confusion.

"How what?" he asks.

Zelda brings up her gaze to look at him with a pale face, "How are you alive?" she asks back. If there was anything that she can clearly remember, is that Link had finished him off. Link isn't the type to just die, as well. So how is Ghirahim, who had been executed, standing alive in front of her?

"Demons come back, dear." he says plainly. Oh what a faux. Zelda scowls at him, her eyes unknowingly flaring with what seems to be.. wisdom.

"That's not it, isn't it." she states in a knowing manner. When the demon in front of him grinned viciously, however, it cleared to her that there is a mastermind behind all of these. Someone probably stronger than the enemies Link faced, if that's the case, then he indeed met his end. But no.. that's not possible!

"It can't be Demise.." Zelda utters to herself. Ghirahim confirmed this, surprisingly. "Someone like my master doesn't stand a chance to who I'm working for, now."

He begins to tug at the ropes, making the blonde stumble forward and proceed walking.

Who? Who?!

"Look up there." Ghirahim ordered as he points skyward, a smirk replacing his grin. Zelda hesitantly abides, only for her to gasp in shock.

Skyloft.

Skyloft is beneath the clouds!

"W-w.." she stammers, unable to complete her sentence as she stared in shock. Looking closely, she realized that Skyloft was slowly going down. Almost in an intimidating way.

"When that land reaches a certain level in mid air, it will fall down the sky like a meteor. It will crush it's small land and the inhabitants upon it." he laughs menacingly. Zelda can only exhale breathlessly, unable to believe what's happening. How will she be able to help them without her powers? She's only an incarnate, she was the Goddess Hylia before-but what can she do in a mortal's body? Nothing!

Link's gone, and she doesn't know if he's ever 'coming back to life'. She can't handle this all alone!

Perhaps this is the consequence she needed to face after she sent Link through pain in his past life?

"My master; Demise, can't do such things despite his power. Skyloft is above the clouds because of the power of the Master Sword that Hylia made. The so called Hero had used it in order to raise the land above the clouds." he begins to explain. The blonde looks at him with an arched eyebrow, she certainly didn't knew that he has knowledge about this.

"Don't give me that look, I read." Ghirahim mumbles before continuing anyways. "The power that's keeping Skyloft above the clouds is divine, something that Demise won't be able to overlap. But the person I'm working for isn't really a demon." he snorts.

"What do you.." Zelda whispers. Not a demon? Well the person can't be a human..

"The person is basically in my master's name*." Ghirahim replies with a flip of his bangs, tugging the rope in order to proceed walking once more.

Zelda falls silent once more. If someone can break that divine barrier keeping Skyloft floating, then the person must be someone equal to the Goddesses.

Maybe someone even powerful.

End

Author's note

The book is escalating! Zelda starts to know the tragedies that are to befall on Skyloft!

Gudness mio.

*[1] - 'The person is basically in my master's name'. Demise, what does demise mean?

Death lol

Death is you XD

Like
Comment
Share~

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

15.5K 396 16
I uploaded this story on quotev and that's mainly where I write but I thought I'd post it to both sites ^-^ Dark Link X Reader fanfiction You were a...
10.8K 147 39
What happens when you put all the Links on a single Group Chat well read to find out. The art doesn't belong to me I also don't own any of the chara...
3.8K 89 9
(Y/n), thought she knew her friends.. But she doesn't know everything about them.. When she does learn their secret, how will she react? (Assassin! B...
27.1K 718 34
The Legend of Zelda: Princess of Time "My Fate, My Destiny." ~Princess (Name)~ Your seven years of waiting had begun. Tells a story about how the Pri...