Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 82」

332 10 5
By lazilazuli

Later on, after you were finished getting dressed, you found Taehyung in the kitchen, making himself a sandwich. "Hi there," you walked up to him. "Making yourself a sandwich, I see."

"Yeah," he glanced over at you. "You want one, too?"

"No, thank you," you shook your head. As you stood beside him, you took a side glance up at his side profile. Handsome, as always, but there was something a bit abnormal about his face--rather, his features, this time.

"Taehyung?"

"Hm?" he raised a brow.

"Look this way."

Like a switch, his smile flipped on, and he was soon grinning like the little fool he was. "What," he looked to you, "would my precious little mouse like a kiss from her boyfriend?"

"No," your hand slid up and down his chin to caress the scruff. "I just noticed that you've got some stubble," you said.

His brow quirked, "really?"

"Yes, really. Haven't you seen it for yourself?"

"No," he shook his head. "But I did have a feeling that it would have grown back around this time. I guess it's time to shave, then." Taehyung walked all the way to his room and came back with a razor and shaving cream in his hands.

"You're going to shave? Right now?"

"Yes."

Your eyes were near gleaming with curiosity and wonder as you went to ask, "can I watch?"

He chuckled, "What for?"

"I've never seen a guy shave their scruff before. Not even my dad. I'm just curious, that's all."

Taehyung ran his finger through your bangs until he reached the top of your head, giving your hair a little tussle. "Sure, you can watch."

While he walked towards the bathroom to start, you ran to your room and grabbed something for his usage. "Here," you returned with a grin on your face and a headband in your hand.

"What's this for?" he picked it up and brought it up to his face.

"For your hair of course, silly. I don't want you to cut your face, just because your hair was in your eyes. Plus, I think you'll look adorable."

"It's cute," Taehyung tugged at your chin. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!"

Once Taehyung put the headband on, you found yourself smiling at how he looked. His face said manly, but with it on, he just looked like a bunny. From when he applied the shaving cream under his nose and chin to when he put the razor to his skin, you couldn't keep the awe off your face.

--You idiot! Don't you dare walk away from her!"--

Taehyung put a pause in his hand movements, after the sudden shout. "What was that?"

"It's just Minji. She's in the middle of watching a drama on her tablet. A romance with tons of drama, supposedly."

--"Turn back! Forget that wench!"--

When your heads turned away from the door, you looked to each other and both burst out into laughter right there and then. "Hey," he held the razor out to you, "you wanna give it a try?"

"Really? You'll let me try?" Your eyes were really gleaming now.

"Sure, as long as you don't cut my face."

"Shut up," you nudged at him. "I'll try not to cut you."

"Come're." Taehyung took you from the waist and placed you on top the edge of the sink, where you were positioned right in front of me. "So you can see better."

You blushed. "I'm not that short." Again, his fingertips lingered on your skin. "Alright, look this way," you directed him to tilt his head down a bit.

"Alright, which one of you kids want to come with me to the market to get groceries for dinner."

"I'll go!" you raised your hand.

"If Jiyeong's going, I'll go, too," Taehyung justified. He then looked over to Jimin. "Jiminie, come with us."

"Oh," he looked over, but soon got sidetracked by his wandering thoughts of Minji's whereabouts.

"She's in her room watching a drama," you whispered. "And I don't think she's going to be coming out anytime soon."

Jimin just blushed, nodding in understatement. "Okay, then I guess I'll tag along."

"Are you guys going to stay home?" you looked to Hoseok and the others. They looked like they were ready to leave, too.

"We're going out for a bit," Hoseok answered. "We'll probably be back sometime after you guys return.

"That mean's Minji's gonna home alone," Yoongi said. "Well, I'm sure she'll guard the house well."

"Alright, we're leaving," Jin said, getting a head start out the door. Both Taehyung and Jimin hopped off the couch and followed you and him out the house.

After notifying Minji that they were all leaving, both groups left. Even after hearing the front door close, Minji just continued to watch the rest of her drama. It was the last episode and the two characters were in the middle of a little spat.

--"Wait, a second! Are you really going to leave without hearing how I feel about you?!"

The boy stopped right in his tracks and turned to face the girl, who had tears running down her face. He shoved his hands down his pocket, and sized the girl up and down, "'How you feel'?"

"I've kept these feelings inside of me for so damn long, but you were too stupid to see!"

The guy just kept silent, staring at each teardrop that dripped off her chin.

"If you think I was going to let you move away after sticking me with these feelings, you're flippin' crazy!"

"Lower your voice," he said.

"No! Why should I?"

"We're out in public," he took a few steps closer to her until he was standing right there in front her, "and you're acting like a crazy woman right now."

"I don't care." The girl quickly wiped the tears that were starting to stain, only to have a couple more slid down her cheeks. "You're a cruel bastard. You've always been that way. Making me fall in love with you, and then up and leaving when you feel like it. If you were going to do that, then why get involved with me in the first place?"

His expression was blank, except for the expression in his eyes. "You love me?"

"Of course I do!" her face was set up for more tears to fall.

He reached out to hold her wet cheeks in the palm of his rough hands, "okay, I get it."

"No, you don't," she continued to whine.

"I do." The male's forehead lightly knocked against hers under calm conditions. His eyes closed shut while he listened to her sniffling.

"What are you doing?"

Without answering her, the male opened his eyes, letting his intense gaze meet with her soft one. "I won't leave you, understand?" his thumbs smoothed over her tears. "I really can't leave you behind. Not someone who's had my heart since the very beginning."

"What?"

"Jaeeun-ah, I love you."--

"Ah!" Minji paused the video to squeal, while rapidly thumping her feet into the bed. "She confessed! She finally confessed!" She let the tablet drop onto her stomach. After coming back down from her high, Minji began to stare up at the ceiling. Thoughts of confession soon started to cloud her mind.

"She had the balls to confess, so why can't I?" Thoughts of Jeon Jungkook started to cloud her mind instead. Her heart started to pick up at the mere thought of his toothy grin. Even the remembrance of his scent brought flutters to her chest. "Even though it's like this, I've got to be brave and let him know how I feel. And maybe, just maybe he'll forget about Jiyeong and look my way instead." If that were to happen, then she wouldn't have to bother with Kyunghee anymore.

Minji looked over to her duffel bag, that still secretly carried her pregnancy test. She frowned. An uneasy feeling started to claim her flutters. She sat up and swung her legs over the bed, getting up to retrieve the test. She unzipped one of the small compartments and pulled it out. "But then what am I going to do about you?" she stared at the box for some time, before coming to a conclusion. "If I'm really pregnant with Junkook's kid, then I've really got no choice but to tell him." With that said, Minji walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom.

When your group arrived at the market, Jin had the for of you split into 2, so that you could pick up things, that you were gonna need for tonight and the next few days, faster. Of course, Taehyung was the one stick by your side.

"Jiyeong, my birthday is in the next few days," he cooed while hanging onto your shoulder like dead weight. "What're you gonna to get me?"

"Well, that has to be a surprise," you said, picking up 2 tomatoes to compare.

"I hope you'll let me do whatever I want when it comes."

"Huh?" you turned your head to look at him, but as soon as you had, you felt his lips collide with your cheek. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means whatever you think it might mean," he kissed it again, then turned your body so that you were fully facing him."Still hiding that hickey, are we?"

You clapped a hand to your neck, while your cheeks started to turn the color of the tomato you were holding in your hand. "Of course I am."

"What for?" he moved your hand out the way.

"I'd look indecent if I just left the house with it exposed."

"If indecent is the new word for erotic," he brushed a single finger over the spot, "then yeah, you'd look super indecent."

"Flirting's not gonna get me to take the makeup off."

"What if I were to give you a kiss? Would you let me rub it off then?"

"I still wouldn't," you shook your head.

"Really?" Taehyung leaned over with closed eyes and kissed your lips, even tugging at the bottom when he pulled away. "What do you have to say now?" he breathed.

"Never," you whispered.

"Oh, and just what do we have here?"

When you heard that familiar voice, it felt like a ton of bricks had fallen on your chest. Just as you pulled away from Taehyung, you turned your head to find Nam Kyunghee standing there with crossed arms.

"Was I interrupting something?" It was a bit hard to tell, but there was dark look in her eyes when she stared at you. Her chest and blood were boiling hot from irritation.

"Actually, you were," Taehyung said. "What the heck are you doing here?"

"As you can see," she waved her hand over the shopping cart, I'm here to pick up groceries. My uncle is somewhere close by."

"I didn't ask."

You put the tomatoes in the cart and nudged his elbow the same time, turning to him to then whisper, "can we go, please?"

But of course, Kyunghee wasn't one to miss anything and saw the little movements. "You two look closer than ever. Did you make amends already?" She pulled the frown from her face and switched it out with one of her fake smiles. "I'm so happy for you. Taehyung wouldn't stop talking to me about you when he was with me."

Your brows furrowed in confusion.

Kyunghee pushed her cart all the way down to the middle of the aisle to where the both of you stood. "And here I was thinking that he and I were just about to go back to the good ol' days."

All of a sudden, you felt a semi-strong squeeze on your hand. When you looked up at him, you could see the agitation become more and more visible.

Ah, sorry," she waved. "I really shouldn't be saying such misleading words in front of your girlfriend, should I, oppa?"

But hearing those words from her made you feel just as, if not then more annoyed.

"Jiyeong-ah, Taehyung-ah!" Jimin called out from behind. "Did you guys get what Jin hyung asked for?" There was no response though. "You guys alright?" By the time he came to stand by your side, he found what it was that had you guys frozen in your spots, all tensed up. "Kyunghee..." Even he started to feel uneasy, no doubt.

"Oh, Jimin oppa, you're here, too?"

Jimin just stared at her, unable to say anything. It was because of her that he had become ridden with all those pestering thoughts and uneasy feelings about Jungkook and Minji.

"Kyunghee-ah," another male's voice was then heard.

"Uncle, I'm here," she called back.

"Ah," her uncle turned into the aisle, "there you are." His eyes widend. "And you're friends are, too."

''Friend's my ass,' Taehyung denounced, in thought.

"Is Minji here with you all as well?"

"No, sir," you shook your head. "She's back at the house that we're renting."

"Is that so? Well, I have something for her parents that I would like to give to her. Tomorrow, Kyunghee is helping me at the restaurant again, but the day after, I'll send her over to quickly drop it off for you."

'He's joking, right? He's actually going to have Kyunghee come over to where we're staying?'

"I think that's a good idea, uncle. I'm sure they'd have no problem with it."

"Kyunghee, make sure you text Minji so you can to get the address for us to stop by." She nodded. "It was nice seeing you kids again," he started waving. "Tell Minji we'll see her soon.

Taehyung quickly pulled a fake smile right out of his ass. "Sure thing."

"Come on, Kyunghee."

"Coming, uncle." With that cunning smirk of hers and the wave of her hand, she said, "See you all later, then."

With an arm around your shoulder, Taehyung turned you around and led you out of the aisle. "Let's find Jin hyung and get the hell out of here already," he said.

But while Taehyung and you had left, Jimin, on the other hand, was trying to catch up to Kyunghee. "Kyunghee, wait!" As he wanted, she stopped in her tracks and turned to him.

"Need something, oppa?"

"I--I need to ask you something. And I need the truth about this."

"What is it, then?"

"Do you remember, about a month back, when you were about to tell us who Minji's crush was?"

A sly smirk to draw onto Kyunghee's face, as she started catching on to what he wanted to ask. Even his reasoning.

"Who is it that she likes? You know, don't you?"

"My, my, look how the tables have turned," she said, but this only confused him. "Don't you remember when I asked you about whether Taehyung had liked Jiyeong or not? You just left me, telling me that it wasn't your business to share."

"Because it wasn't," he said mumbled.

"Well, just like you, this isn't my business to share. So, just like me, you'll have to wait and see. Better yet, why don't you just ask Minji herself who she likes?"

"Kyunghee-ah?" her uncle called for her.

"I've got to go, now." She turned her back on him. "See you in two days." And then left.

'I can't ask her myself. I'm too scared.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
1.3K 158 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...
53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
9.2K 340 42
"Agonizingly slow you lifted your head up to meet the eyes of your consoling stranger. A dark brown gaze filled with light golden specks met yours an...