Why me?

By acnaiv5390

She was a nerd. He was Mr. Popular. Samantha discovers that everything can change with just a mere incident... More

1. First day
2. Those stairs
3. In Limbo Land
4. Sara's family reunion
5. The new girl
6. Truth or Dare
7. My birthday
8. The conclusion
9. Surprises are everywhere you go
10. Carla's Wrath
11. Mall Day
12. Too many kisses
13. Bro and sis time
14. Dressing up
16. Disaster
17. The news
18. Hospital
19. Sara rules!!! -part one-
20. Sara rules -part two-
21. Make up and surprises
22. My dad
23. Dinner with her papi
24. Surprises never end
25. Faith
26. Firefly
27. Jobs
28. Come together
29. Forgive and Forget
30. Epilogue

15. Halloween party

289 9 4
By acnaiv5390

Hello my people!

Vote and comment ;)

15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

Chapter 15: Halloween Party

Keithlin's pov

We told the boys we could meet up in front of school.

The makeup session was fun; since I did all the work for the girls.  They always tell me I have the techniques needed for makeup. The girls see me as their 'savior' in dressing-up's; which I can't exactly deny.

While getting down of the van that Sara's mother was driving, Ian and Jake appeared at the schools entrance, with no sign of Hunter anywhere. Sara's mom told us to have fun and drove away. 

It was dark out, already seven forty or so... The stars shined up in the sky with a half moon illuminating our way.

When we came face to face with the guys, Samantha went towards Ian and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Can't live without me, can you?'' Ian said to Sami, that earned him a small wack on the shoulder by her.

Ian was dressed as Sherlock Holmes? Yup, or was just dressed as a spy or what ever Sherlock Holmes worked as.

What? I can't remember what Holmes worked as.

Oh yeah! As a detective. Ian was dressed as a detective! Take that you evil thoughts that blinded me from the real job of Sherlock Holmes!

That doesn't make any sense, even in my mind...

That's something I don't understand of myself. I have a memory of a peanut! I always forget things!

"Well lookie here, my hot detective...'' Samantha said wiggling her eyebrows.

See! One hundred points to Keithlin! I actually got the detective thing right! I think I'm turning into Sara. Talking about her, she's been quiet all the ride here and hasn't said a word at all. She is quite, maybe too quiet.

"I might need to investigate that little mouth of yours if you keep it up...'' Ian said at Samantha wiggling his eyebrows just like she did at him.

Samantha arched an eyebrow with a sassy look. "Well, that sounds... interesting. Mind to give me an example of your work?'' She said gitting closer to Ian.

Before this keeps on, I need to say that I have never seen Sami so... what's the word? Seductive? So out going? You get what I mean. This year, heck these past months, have changed her dramatically.

Ian smirked. "Maybe...''

"Is that a yes?'' Samantha asked getting closer to Ian.

"It depends on the intensity of the investigation." Ian said huskily, holding Sami by the waist. Both faces started to near at each other.

"Ok! That's enough! I'm turning blind and deaf and no one says anything! There are innocent people watching the exchange here!'' Taylor stated taking Sami's hand and pulling her away from Ian.

Sami pouted. ''But I was having fun."

Ian pounted too. ''Me too."

"I just want to state that I was not the one to brake it up this time, it was Taylor!'' Sara brought her hands up.

I chuckled.  ''Yeah, that's a first!"

I turned to Jake and I almost chocked on air. I didn't actually acknowledged him when we arrived.

He was dressed as a werewolf, with two hairy ears sticking out of his messy hot hair. He looked sexy.

His shirt was randomly ripped, showing some of his defined muscles. Was that a— He had a six pack! Well I think it's a six one, I can't see much, but you can obviously see he has a something pack.

He's wearing normal pants but a bit ripped too.

I looked back up at his face. His nose was painted black and had dark blue eye contacts. What's up with everyone wearing contacts?

He smirked showing a pair of fangs just like mine.

"Take a pic. It will last much much longer...''

"Huh? What?'' I asked.

"I said take a pic... Weren't you just checking me out?'' Jake asked waking me from my daze.

I must have blushed darkly red. I thank the make up for not showing it. "Nooooooo....'' I said shaking my head.

Jake rose and eyebrow. ''Yes. You where.''

I rose my own eyebrow. ''No I wasn't!"

"We all know you were, Keithlin." Sara said rolling her eyes. "It was obvious."

Taylor wacked her on the head whispering. "Shut up you idiot!''

Sara's eyes opened wide."Oh... Oh! Sorry." she mumbled.

Jake smirked and took me in a big hug. He felt warm and cozy. I could definitely get used to his arms— did I just think that?

''You should not be hugging each other. You are supposed to be arch enemies. Werwolves v.s. Vampires... Duh!" Said Sara muffled by her ninja mask.

"Yes, we should hate each other, but we will fight to keep our forbidden love a secret! We will love each other no matter our species! Right my Vampire?'' Jake asked me letting me go and staring at me.

I stepped back a bit annoyed and mumbled ''Yeah, what ever... mutt...'' I said hiding my laughter.

"Did you just call me mutt?'' Jake said stepping away from me.

I tried not to laugh and answered: "Indeed, mutt.''

"How dare you! You-You- you Cold Blooded Blood Drinker!'' Jake said. He looked cute when trying to look insulting!

We stared at each other, faking anger, until I couldn't hold it any longer and burst up laughing.

Jake started to laugh hard too. We turned to the others, who where also laughing.

''Ok-ha ha- ok! Time to go inside the Lair, in other words, inside school.'' Ian said mysteriously while rubbing his hands together.

Jake's phone rang suddenly. Well, you always get a phone call suddenly, you never know the exact moment when you'll receive a call.

Gosh, that sure was some random stuff. I blame it on Jake for beeing soo close to me.

-He isn't even near you doofus! Jake has nothing to do with your lack of intelligence! - My conscious snapped at me.

-Hey are you calling me an idiot!?- I snapped back at my conscious.

-Yes- It simply answered.

-Well! We'll see who the idiot is when I shut you up in my mind!-

I stopped shut it up and smiled. Then I realized...

I'm a real idiot.

Who talks with it's own conscious? I'm going crazy.

I snapped out of my insulting myself time, and realized everybody was watching me.

"What?'' I asked confused.

"You were making funny gestures with your face." Taylor answered slowly.

"No freaking way...'' I said surprised. This is what happens to me when I insult myself inside my mind.

"Yeah, you were. Don't worry. It happens to me all the time." Sara said shrugging. ''You get used to it when time passes... if I might guess, you where discussing something with your conscious? It's the first step to craziness.'' Sara was a bit down tonight. I don't know why. She looked a bit sad, sounded frustrated maybe? She was ok back at her house.

Before I could protest, Jake came back. When had he left? Oh yeah! I was fighting with my own mind... freaking mind! Oh lookie here! I just insulted myself again!

"We should get inside. Hunter's really pissed out because he's been waiting for ten minutes... oh! And 30 seconds...'' Jake said chuckling.

Samantha chuckled. ''Why 30 seconds?''

Jake shruggled with a wolfy smile. You get it right? Wolfie? Cuz' he's dressed as a werewolf? I'll shut up now. Oh, well... Halloween party, here we go.

..............................................................................................

Hunter's pov

Just leave it to me to be late! I thought running towards the entrance of the school. I stopped, trying to catch my breath. When I finally managed, I started to walk to the party room.

I stoped near the party room to wait for the guys.

-10 minutes later-

Oh come on! Where are they!?

I took out my phone and called Jake.

'It is me! The werewolf!' Jake said answering the phone.

"Yeah yeah what ever. Where are you guys?!'' I asked frustrated. "I've been waiting for you for a whole 10 minutes and 30 seconds!''

So maybe it wasn't necessary to tell the seconds, but I was a bit frustrated, and when I get frustated, I say a lot of crazy things.

"We are at the parking lot. We are on our way. Sheeesh!'' Jake ended the call without any other word.

Oh well... Wait is inevitable; or I can go inside and pick a table. Which is gonna be Hunter?

Inside it is!

I opened the doors to be greated by loud music, knew it as 'Moves like jagger' from 'Maroon 5', and many dancing people, moving their bodies to the beat of the song. Ones jumping up and down with their friends, while other danced with their partners moving their bodies against each other. They where just forming a huge amount of hot and sweat.

I took a look around and spotted an empty table, one that was a bit far from the dancing floor. Perfect. Away from all the sweaty people.

The room was decorated all spooky with bones here, spider webs there. The stage had many instruments but there was no band playing. Lights of many colors illuminated the dancers on the dancing floor.

I started heading to the table I spotted earlier. While at it, I passed by some people that knew me. Some greated me as I went.

"Yo, Hunter!" A dude called from behind me.

I turn around and was greated by a grinning Ron wearing a a skeleton costume.

"Ron!''

"Yeah, that's me! So you actually remember my name!" Ron answered with a deep frown.

I frowned, lost on what he was getting at.

Ron sighed. ''Dude, where have you been these past weeks!? The guys and I have been trying to reach you, but you seem to be passing many time with those nerdy girls and the famous Ian and Jake! Dude, I'm being forgotten here! We, the guys, are getting forgotten by you!" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh, man!'' I snapped at myself.

How could I forget about my best pal!? Am I that bad of a friend!?

"Ron, I- I didn't realize- I forgot- Dude, I'm sorry. I- I- can you guys forgive me? Can you forgive me?''

He gave me the look, not pleased.

I sighed . ''Look, I'm sorry. I've been a really bad friend lately. How about I go to your house tomorrow and hang out, use the X-box, and eat some junk food, invite the guys. I'll even buy pizza for everybody... How is that for a sorry?''

Ron grinned. ''Perfect. See you tomorrow. I'm gonna find the guys to tell them The Hunter is BACK BABY, WOO!" He walked away with everybody staring at him.

I chuckled. That's Ron for you! But I can't help to feel guilty. He spoke nothing but the truth. I hang out 24/7 with the girls and with Jake and Ian. I have forgotten almost completely about the guys.

At least they can forgive me, right?

I passed by the beverage table and served myself some punch. The table had little plastic spiders thrown around. I picked some up and placed them on my pocket, for future pranks. Hey, I might be serious, but that doesn't mean I don't have my own devilish side.

I reached the table and sat down on a chair that gave me the view of everything.

Next to this table were placed two mini tables against the wall with two chairs. One had a dude with a black mask that covered his face. At the bottom of the mask was an opening in shape of a triangle, leaving only his eyes to be seen, his chin and mouth. He wore a cape that covered his arms and head. He had a white T-shirt on and normal jeans. Both looked stained with 'blood'.

The dude looked freaky and strange. Why?

1- He's sitting alone at one of the furthest tables there are!

2- He's staring at the black flowers that decored the middle of the table, without interest.

3- He isn't on a mode you can rapidly see of 'party mode', he was a 'silent mode' dude, not really interested on the party at all.

Why am I so interested on how the dude is acting? Ugh, this is what Halloween does to my head. I'm highly aware of all the creepers.

There's nothing to do so for now. I might say that I miss Taylor, even thought I saw her yesterday.

I can't help to think: Have I been too protective over Taylor? I mean, come on, I don't even know if she has feelings for me. Even if she does, I have no reason to act how I have been acting lately. I suck as a best friend.

Since the day I almost kissed Taylor, she's been more reserved than ever. Yes, she talks and laughs, but she isn't herself; at least isn't herself around me.

Before that, I could hug her and even give her a piggy back ride. Now the hugs are tense, she won't let me pick her up.

I respect her space, even thought I don't understand a thing that happens now a days with Taylor. I'm still itching to see her.

"Hi Hunter!'' A high pinched voice said beside me.

This was not the person I have been waiting to see.

"Hi Rachel.'' I answer simply and waved. Rachel is Keithlin's neighbor. She's had a crush on me for a while now, but she's not my type.

She was wearing a dress that was based on an 'M&M' wrapping. Dress that reached her mid tights, wrapped around her body like a glove, green color. And like always, had different color high lights and loose hair.

I had to admit, she had nice curves.

Rachel took a seat beside me and asked. "Where is everyone? And Keithlin?''

"They are on their way here...'' I took a sip from my punch. Rachel took a seat beside me and started to rub her hand up and down my arm. I swallowed the sensation to shiver.

Even thought I don't like Rachel, I act nice towards her. Why, you might ask? You must think 'If she is a nosy brat who likes Hunter and thinks she can have anything she wants, why doesn't Hunter push her back?'.

The answer is simple. Rachel has been through a lot. Not a good 'a lot ', but a bad a lot.

Rachel's father died when she was ten years old. That death was a good thing. Why was it a good death? Because he abused Rachel and her mother physically.

Rachel's dad was an addict. He used drugs and was always drunk. He sucked ten cigar packages a day. Her father kicked, punched, whatever more he could find to harm them, he would do it, to both Rachel and her mother. The only good thing about it, was that that man never tried to rape Rachel; She is thankful to God for that.

Only few people knew about this abuse Rachel went through during her childhood. I think only Keithlin and I know, that is, besides Rachel's family.

Sometimes I admire Rachel, for beeing brave and keep on going in life. What can I say? Everybody has a story behind their lives. When Rachel acts like, well, how she acts, I assume she doesn't want to be reminded of the pain and sorrow, and hides it behind a happy face.

When she acts how she acts, she only wants to forget her past, wants to mask her inner pain. Everybody falls for her 'mask', but not Keithlin and I. We know the truth. Not all the time she acts all bitchy, she can be really nice if she wants to.

The only thing that actually bothers me about Rachel is that she has been after me for a while... a pretty darn while too! Well, it's a good thing too, because I know that girls dig me! Yeah... the bad thing is that the girl that I dig, at least I think, doesn't dig me back. What a bummer.

While Rachel rubs her hands on my arm, I think of Taylor. Will she ever do what Rachel is doing right now? (I shivered on that thought) Probably not. Taylor is nothing like Rachel.

Am I comparing them?

"—Hunter?'' Rachel asked.

"Sorry, what?'' I asked.

"I asked, 'what's new, Hunter?'''. Rachel said repeating herself.

"Oh! Well, nothing much. Have you met Taylor?'' I asked. Rachel stopped rubbing her hands all over my arms and looked at me.

"Is that the girl that lived here like 5 years ago, moved to New York, and then moved back?'' She said.

"That's the one!'' I said reassuring her. "Have you met her yet?"

"Oh! I met her. Well, kinda did. The girls had thrown a sleep over and she was there." Rachel said distanced, remembering that day, like if it was today.

The music changed into a more moved one, but the type that you danced 'really close' to your partner, swaying your bodies together. I'm not one to dance, much less to songs like these. They seem perverted. Women shaking their asses on men's groins.

Rachel took my hand "Dance with me!''

I looked at her and shook my head. "Sorry, but I refuse. I don't dance to this music.''

Rachel looked disappointed and shrugged. "Oh, well. Just promise me that you'll dance with me tonight, any song you want. Ok?" She asked, hopeful.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, alright.''

"Ok. See you later! I'm going to find a partner for this dance!" She said while waving good-bye and walking off.

Something vibrated inside my pocket. My phone recived a message.

'Where R ya! }:( We've ben lokng 4 ya since 4ever!'

It was a text from Keithlin. I send her my own:

'At the fardest table to the right. :) '

Just like that, I saw a group of people come to my table.

"What's up, bro'!'' Jake said doing this hand shake with me. He was dressed as a werewolf. Now I see why he answered 'It is me. The werewolf.' He took a seat across from mine.

"What was that all about '30 seconds'." Keithlin said taking a seat next to Jake. She was dressed as a vampire. Hey! How ironic! Jake is a werewolf and Keithlin a vampire.

"I was frustrated. I say crazy things while frustrated...'' I said simply.

"Oh my gosh! Hunter is dressed as a hunter! Hunter the hunter...'' Sara said dramatically, muffled. I could barely see her, she was pure blackness. Dressed all ninja-like. She sat down beside Keithlin.

And yes. I'm dressed as a 'Hunter', even with a couple of plastic guns on my pockets and a hat.

"What up Hunter, my man!'' Ian said sitting beside me. I shook his hand just like with Jake. He was dressed as a detective.

"Like your outfit Hunter! You are dressed as a hunter! You really used your imagination and creativity, didn't you?'' Samantha said sarcastically sitting between Ian and Jake. She was a dark fairy.

"See anything different, Hunty?''

I turned to her, guided by her beautiful voice. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What the heck Taylor Reed! You have a lip piercing! Please tell me it is just part of the costume!'' I said agitated. I stared at her bottom lip-ring.

Wow, she looks sexy hot with it! I stared at her lips and imagined my self kissing them; feeling the ring against my lips, it's cold metal against my skin, and the feel of it with my tongue— How would it taste?

I slapped myself mentally. Did I just think all of that?!

I just thought all of that. Is this because I actually want to do it? Well yes, yes I want to. Really bad!

I'm blushing right now.

"You don't like it?" Taylor's smile disappeared, a bit disappointed.

"Let me refrace that. You look—good.'' Yeah, good enough to eat!

Taylor smiled. ''Okie Hunty. You scared me back there.'' She punched me slightly on the shoulder.

I faked hurt. ''Ouch. That was hard!" I whined.

"Don't be such a whiny baby! It wasn't even hard!" Taylor laughed sitting beside me.

"That's what she said..." Jake mumbled, which earned a shoulder slap from Keithlin.

"This blasted music won't stop, will it?!" Sara said bothered. Sara, like me, doesn't like this type of music. Neither any of the people on this table like this type of music. She looked bothered and not quite happy to be here.

I was about to ask her about it, but, as on queue, 'salsa' started and only few people remained on the dance floor. In this part of town many people were Hispanic, so it's not questioned when the DJ puts this type of music.

"Come on! Dance!" Ian said taking Samantha by a hand and dragging her to the dance floor. Sami turned to us while beeing dragged and grinned happily.

Keithlin raised a thumbs up with a smile at her face.

"Would you care to dance with me?'' Jake asked Keithlin with a smirk. He extended his hand waiting for Keithlin to take it.

"Why, yes. Yes I would.'' Keithlin agreed smiling, a bit too much, and grabbed Jake's hand. They walked to the dance floor and started to dance.

Both Ian and Sami, like Jake and Keithlin, moved like professionals dancing 'salsa'. Maybe the 'puertorrican' heritage on both girls make them salsa experts.

I wonder if Taylor dances like this too.

.......................................................

Sara's pov

I don't feel like dancing. I don't feel like smiling. The only thing keeping me together right now is the smiling faces of my friends. Ugh, I sound depressed.

I watched as Samantha and Keithlin were dragged to the dance floor by their dream boys, and it won't be long 'till Hunter asks Taylor out to dance.

"Hey, would you like to dance, Taylor?''

See, told ya' so.

Taylor smiled and nodded at Hunter.

Taylor seemed to realize something. Turning back to me, she said. ''Hey, you going to be ok here by yourself?''

I rolled my eyes, I didn't force a smile on my face, she wouldn't see it anyway because of my ninja mask. ''Yeah, Taylor, I'll be ok. Go move your bootie and have fun with Hunter, I'll just watch the table 'till you guys come back. It is actually my job, ya' know, as a ninja to protect the needed, like this table. It needs to be protected...'' I tried to look silly. Tried to look as I usually do.

She chuckled, then turned all serious. If she is trying to read my mind, looks like she already did.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?''

Taylor sounded concerned. Hunter turned back and looked at me, trying to figure me out. As concerned as they'll ever be, I'm not going to ruin their good mood.

I changed my tone and tried to imitate an Italians or France voice. "Wi wi, my darrrling! Go on wizz Hunterz and havze some fun! Do notz worry about mezzz.'' I suck at this accent; if it even is an accent.

An Italian and a French man are someone in the world clutching their chests at this atrocity yelling Again?!

She smiled. "If you say so...'' Taylor took Hunter's hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

There goes my other and last friend, being dragged away too by her dream boy. All three of them have been dragged by their dream boy already.

I don't bother. I'm actually happy for them! They are living the present side by side with the guy they dreamed to always be with!

I don't have my hopes up, since he doesn't come to parties... he won't be around here even if he's caught dead.

A soft tap on my shoulder made me turn around to meet up with a pair of dark, dark, dark (did I say dark?) brown eyes. If I didn't know black eyes didn't exist, I would say his eyes where black.

He extended his arm in front of him and waited. He didn't say a word at all, just waited.

I took a chance to check him out. Oh, he's the dude that was sitting alone on the table next to ours. The 'black masked dude' with 'blood stained pants and shirt'.

"You want to dance with me?'' I said muffled, since my mask covered my mouth.

The dude nodded, but didn't say anything.

I wanted to refuse, but something about him caught my eye. Beside his mouth, almost hidden behind the mask was a little part of a bruise, the rest hidden by the mask. That little bruise made me curious and nodded; was it part of his costume?

I took his hand and we walked to the dance floor. He placed his right arm on my waist, and the other held my right hand. I placed my left hand on his shoulder.

We started to dance a bit tense, but a few moments later we moved to the beat of the music, faster. We moved our bodies to the beat. He was a pretty good dancer. He must be hispanic or well taught in salsa.

He spun me around, I returned to the first position and kept dancing. I was enjoying it soo much, that I didn't notice the music change into a slower dance.

I looked into the dudes eyes and recognized he still wanted to dance, just like I did. I asked. ''Want to dance this one with me too?'' He nodded.

He placed his hands on my waist and I placed mine on his shoulders. We started to move from side to side, just enjoying each other's presence.  Yes, I'm dancing with a stranger. Great.

"Soo... What's your name?'' I tried to start a conversation.

He tensed a bit and thought about it for a moment 'till answering in the same accent I talked earlier with. ''Jonathan. My namez iz Jonathan... Andz yourz?'

I froze for just a second.

It can't be him. It couldn't be...

There are many Jonathan's in this world. An example, my uncle is named Jonathan.

Plus the Jonathan doesn't go to parties!

My crush, el Indio, can't be in front of me.

A sudden wave of amusement struck me as I realized we were both making French/Italian men have heart attacks.

I realized he asked my name. "Oh, my namez not importantz. Youz can call mez ninja girlz.'' It's not that I don't trust the dude. I'm not ready to tell him my name. I still don't think this Jonathan is the Jonathan; my Jonathan.

"Why cantz you tell me yourz name?'' He asked a bit pained and disappointed.

Huh?

"I juzst...'' I started to look for an excuse that isn't 'I don't trust you', 'I don't want to tell you', or 'Im not ready to tell ya my name'...

He chuckled. "I'm zorry. You dontz needz to tell me your namez.''

I sighed relieved. ''Thzankz.''

The song kept going. I looked around to see some of the guys dancing, except Hunter and Taylor. I looked to our table and found both staring at Jonathan and me. Interested in us.

Not cool guys, not cool. They are stalking me!

I turn back to look at Jonathan. He was staring at me, intensively, like trying to figure something out. When he saw me he rapidly looked at the ground, embarrassed.

"What?'' I said on my own voice, raising my eyebrow, not that he sees it anyway.

"Huh?'' Jonathan asked.

"You where staring at me.'' I said chuckling.

He smiled. ''Well, you are in front of me, so...''

I chuckled and shook my head. He chuckled with me. His chuckle was hard. But at the same time, unique.

The song ended and we parted our ways. I took his hand, in gratitude. He made my night brighter.

"Thanks. I had a great time dancing with you.'' I said politely.

Jonathan smiled ''Me too. I gotta go—"

I frowned disappointed, ''Why?''. My 'happy pack' was with him now, he's gonna take it away!

He munched his lower lip and looked around him. His eyes stopped in a far table that was sat on by Derek and his friends. Jonathan looked back at me.

"I just gotta go. Sorry." He let go of my hand and walked out, leaving me there speechless.

I looked at the floor, a bit disappointed. He made my day brighter. I gotta admit. I felt happy again.

Thank you mystery Jonathan!

I walked back to the table, where Taylor and Hunter were waiting with raised eyebrows.

I sat down, innocently. I acted like if that moment with Jonathan never happened.

''Why are you staring at me like that?'' I asked.

''Who was that?'' Taylor said wiggling her eyebrows and grinning. ''He seemed interesting."

"No one important...'' I said innocently. They were really interested on the dude, I could see. I pulled my mask down, the mouth and nose area now showing my face. It was getting hot in this suit or was it just me?

''Oh, but he looked important to you. Or was it just lovely interest?'' Hunter said just like Taylor, annoyingly.

''Uh, no.'' I said seriously. I was getting annoyed big time. Why where they so persistent?

''Well, for instance, you looked bummed when we got here. While dancing with that guy, your eyes sparkled and you got all happy Sara again. In other words, you where sad and he brought a smile in your heart.'' Taylor said hitting on everything. ''And now that I think of it, you are not hyper! Not on Sara mode, like you always are! Why is that?''

How did she know that? Was I that predictable?!

''Umm...'' What do I say! What do I say!? OH! I know!

''Well, I was here alone, a bit, you know, alone. Well he came and cheered me a bit by dancing with me! I'm a bit more reserved because I'm with people I don't know around me...'' Part was truth. I didn't have to tell Taylor that he helped me forget about the Jonathan.

"And what was his name? Hum! Hum!'' Taylor said wiggling more her eyebrows at me.

''He didn't tell me, nor did I told him mine...'' I said lying.

''Well that's strange.'' Taylor said rubbing her chin, like if that showed his name.

''Why didn't you invite him here, to hang out with us? He seemed lonely at that table.'' Hunter asked.

''He had to go.'' I simply answered.

''Why?'' Taylor said frowning. ''He had to go somewhere or something? Why would he come to a party and leave early?''

''No idea." I said. Now that I think about it, Where was he going? He looked cute when he munched his lip, but I noticed he was nervous.

Where was he going? Why did he come to leave the party early? This questions where giving me a headache.

''Wooo! That was FUN!'' Keithlin said sitting next to me with Jake.

''You always have fun with me, don't ya?'' Jake said smirking.

''You do not know how bad that sounded in so many ways...'' Keithlin said shaking her head.

''Oh gosh, you dirty minded Keithlin!'' Jake began laughing hard, while Samantha and Ian appeared at the table.

''Woo! I'm tired!'' Samantha said sitting at the other side. ''And I only danced two songs! And one was slow danced!''

Ian chuckled sitting beside her and placed his arm around her.

'Grab your mummy, or your zombie. Grab your fairy, grab your friend! Prepare to dance to the Monster bash!' Some one screamed on the microphone. A song I would say from the 70's started playing.

Hunter stood up. ''I'm gonna take Rachel to dance. I promised her I would.''

''Why would you dance with her!?'' Taylor snapped at Hunter.

''Because I promised. Now, see ya later!'' Hunter stood up and walked away to find Rachel. Taylor crossed her arms over her chest. The boys noticed the tension and coughed nervously.

''Hey Ian! Want to see if Derek is around? Yeah, let's go.'' Jake took Ian's arm and dragged him away, leaving the four of us alone at the table.

''Talk about jealous Taylor!'' I point out. Poking her on the ribs.

''No! I'm not!'' Taylor said and grabbed my poky finger. ''And stop it you are tickling me!''

I laughed.' "It's the truth. You are jealous! Jealous! Jealous!'' I started to sing.

Taylor punched me on the arm. ''Ouch! Ha Ha... Jealous!'' I rapidly shut my mouth before she punched me again.

''Admit it Taylor, you like Hunter and you are jealous.'' Samantha stated.

Taylor moved her mouth from side to side. ''Maybe a little...''

''Good, you admit it. So, you are back to the bet?!'' Keithlin said excited.

''Yeah, yeah. Oh that reminds me! Sami! Keithlin! Guess what!'' Taylor said grinning, staring my way. Oh, barnacles! Not again!

''I can not guess because I have no idea what it is about...'' Samantha said on an obvious tone.

''Sara was dancing with a guy a while earlier!'' Taylor said like if it was the greatest news ever.

''No way! Who was it?!'' Samantha asked at the same time as Keithlin said. ''Finally Sara found a boy for her tastes!''

I frowned annoyed. ''What do you mean 'finally'!''

''I mean, you never go out with a boy. You just stare at them, but don't actually talk or get near them. You have this shyness towards them, that I'm even surprised you can talk to Ian, Jake, and Hunter! You freak out whenever a boy talks to you!'' Keitlin said like it was obvious. ''If you danced with him AND talked with him, this must be an improvement to your 'womanizing skills'...''

''Ha Ha (Sarcastically). I don't think so.'' I said frowning.

''Yes, you have been improving your 'womanly' acts. Don't you agree Taylor? Samantha?'' Keithlin asked them.

Come on! I'm not THAT bad towards boys, am I? Come to think of it... Jonathan has been the only guy that I have actually enjoyed time with, that isn't a close friend or family.

''Agreed.'' Taylor said grinning, poking me on the ribs like I did to her. I slapped her poky finger.

''I agree too, but you haven't answered my question.'' Samantha pointed out.

''What question?'' I ask confused.

''What was his name?'' Samantha said with a grin.

I frowned. I hate lying to my friends, but I don't want them to do an investigation on the guy. ''He didn't tell me his name, nor I told him mine...''

Samantha frowned ''Are you sure he didn't say his name?''

I rolled my eyes. ''Girl, I'm pretty sure he didn't present himself without me not knowing or hearing.''

''So how did you two end up dancing? Did you slow dance with him?'' Keithlin asked with excitement. She looked like a little girl on a Christmas morning.

''He came and asked me to dance. We stayed dancing two songs on a row, like you two.'' I answer straitly, no need to give details.

''And.... where is him? I want to see how he looks like!'' Keithlin said still on excited mode.

My gaze dropped to the black flowers that decored the middle of the table. They suddently looked interesting. ''He left just after we finished dancing. Remember the dude that was sitting on the little table beside ours, that was him. He was wearing a mask, so I could not see his face. I could see his lips, the lower a bit, only a slightly bit bigger than the other. But what amazed me was his eyes. He had the darkest brown eyes I have ever seen... Even darker that yours Taylor! He had this spark inside of them, so many feelings...'' I spaced a bit and looked at the girls. They had their mouth agape with shock.

''What?'' I asked freaked out for real by their reactions.

Keithlin tried to speak, but couldn't, because her smile wouldn't let her. Taylor was the same thing, then Samantha practically swallowed her smile and spoke.

''Sara, while giving us the characteristics of this guy, you had the greatest smile I have ever seen on you. Your eyes-'' her mouth agape with unbelievable reasoning.

''What Samantha's trying to say is that while describing his eyes, your eyes sparkled with a happiness and- and- and love! Girl you are in love!'' Taylor said grinning.

I'm in love?

With my mouth agape, I mumbled. ''That can't be... I- I don't 'Love' anyone like that, no no. I don't even know how to define the feeling of love! How am I supposed to know if I am in love?''

Keithlin'd eyes softened. ''You'll know when the time comes, Sara. But for now, we must find out who that guy was!''

I frowned. ''I don't like him. Don't you guys dare start to investigate who he is!'' I pointed my finger to the three of them.

''Yeah, sure...'' Samantha said sarcastically.

''Don't worry, we won't!'' Keithlin said sarcastically.

I looked at Taylor, but before she could give a sarcastic remark, I said. ''Who am I kidding? Even If I'm dying you'll do an investigation on the boy. Go ahead.''

The girls hive-fived each other. ''YES!''

This feels like a big mistake to let them research Jonathan. I wonder where THE Jonathan is.

........................................................

'THE' Jonathan's pov

I was sitting at the table for two, beside the table with a guy and a girl, who was rubbing her hands all over his arm. I look back at the black flowers, uninterested of everything around me.

I didn't want to come. I never go to social activities. I only came to this one because my mother made me, saying I was too anti-social and I had to make friends. She's getting tired of all my excuses. I think she's finally catching up to the fact that tray are all made up.

If she only knew it wasn't me. If she only knew I was the kid looked as a loner, dork, nerd that everybody dispraises and ignores. Not that I mind of their ignorance, 'cause if they changed to not ignorent, they would bully me non-stop. I lie to my family about the beatings. I am very careful of my mom not to see my bruises. If she does see one, I just say that I'm always lousy and hit myself with my locker door or some other lame excuse. I don't tell my family about it, because if they know, a big commotion will develop. I don't want that.

I didn't choose this life for me! On elementary school, bullied. On Middle school, bullied! Even in pre-school I was bullied! No one cared about it, no one dared come near me, fearing my same fait, getting bullied. I have never had a best pal, not a friend, not even an acquaintance. The only people that actually hang out with me are my cousins, family. But as told, they know nothing about it. Anybody, not my family or related to me, saw me like a plague.

Teachers treat me well, I guess, because I'm a straight A student. But they never see anything, in the concept of me getting bullied.

The only person that isn't actually a teacher and isn't family, that treats me well, is the old sweet woman who runs the small book store in town. I pass practically all my time there. One, because I have a passion for reading. And two, because I know no one from school is going to be there.

Seriously! It's like I have a sign on my forehead that says 'Bully Me'!

I entered highschool, waiting for good possibilities to come! No more bullies, since I was more mature now. But NO! Bullied by the same people, all over again. The most, the famous, and greatest on my bully list is Derek. He is followed by his crew.

They demand me to do their homework. They steal my money or just demand it. They beat me up every freaking day! I can't take it anymore! It's better if I was dead... but that thought quickly disappears everytime, thinking about the pain my death would bring to my family. So no death for me, until God wants me gone, that is.

I look around to see if Derek arrived with his crew. No sign of them around here. Good. The moment they lay foot on this place I'm out of here!

The girl that was rubbing her hands against the guy had walked away and a crew of 4 girls and the famous Jake and Ian arrived at the table. The two dudes have never bullied me, but both have laughed at things Derek's crew do to me.

Who wouldn't laugh, right?

I put my attention to the others and spot a girl dressed as a ninja. She brought memories of the girl that prevented my beating months ago. It seems so long ago.

That girl had been the only person that has stood up for me. She gave me hope. Hope to find a person that saw far from my category in High school.

A person who saw who I really was inside. A person who wouldn't judge. She was that person. But even thought I was close to find her the day she beat up Derek again because he slapped her butt, I didn't see her face! It was too far away for me to register.

The only thing that I actually know about the girl was that she is extremely pale and had a good body structure (that I knew because of the dress). And I think I remember a bit of her hair color too.

A good 'salsa' song came up. Yeah, I like that music. Mom has many CD's at home and puts a different one every week. So yes, I know how to dance 'salsa'. I'm not a professional, like those two that are dancing right now; Ian and another girl.

Then I heard the voice or 'kind of voice tone' I have itched to hear since that day she saved me from the beating.

''Wi wi, my darrrling!''

I turn around to see the ninja girl speaking to the guy dressed as a hunter and a girl with a lip piercing.

''Go on wizz Hunterz and havze some fun! Do notz worry about mezzz.'' Her eyes sparkled with happiness.

The lip piercing girl agreed and went to dance with the hunter guy, leaving the girl alone. As a switch, the happiness in her eyes vanished. It changed into sadness and loneliness.

I felt a pang in my chest at the sudden change of emotion. I have felt alone before, so I could relate.

But that thought made a banishing act as a new happy one came in.

IT'S HER! She is the one who fought Derek, saving me from the damn beating. I finally found her! It's her voice alright! She talked like that in front of me!

I still haven't seen her features. She wore a head mask, only showing her eyes and a bit of pale skin around her eyes. Pale skin! Yes! It must be her!

But.. what do I do to actually talk to her?

The salsa music gave me an idea. Take her out to dance! Heh, that ain't going to happen. But come on, you have no other choice! Do it before Derek arrives!

I stood up and walked towards her. I stopped.

What am I doing?!

You are going to dance. Just take her hand and ask her to dance!

Ok, I'm ready. But if she realizes it's me, would she judge me?

Only one way to find out Jonathan!

I tapped her shoulder. My mind stirred with regret. What am I going to do now? My heart is racing at an unbelievable speed. Gosh I'm nauseous. I'm not ready to dance.

She turned around and came face to face with me. I gazed at rich caramel mesmerizing eyes. They had softer specks that hinted green! It just took your breath away. And I'm describing them under the darkness of this party! Imagine them under the sun...

I extended my arm towards her. Hoping she takes my hand. I was too speechless to say anything.

Then her voice, her real voice, not with an italian tone, asked me.

"You want to dance with me?''

It was a bit muffled, but I could still hear her voice. It was delicate, sounded a bit fragile.

Is she an angel? Colorful eyes, pale skin, delicate voice, good body structure... The only thing missing was to see her face and confirm she is an angel... my guardian angel.

Wait, she asked me a question, which was it? OH yeah!

I nodded, waiting to hear what she says or does.

She started observing me, her gaze stopped at the bottom of my mask, with a bit of concern. Don't know why concerned, but I hope it ain't nothing bad. Then she looked up again, nodded and took my hand standing up.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

We finally reached the dance floor. I placed my right arm on her waist, a bit tense myself, and the other held her hand. She placed her left hand on my shoulder. This is the closest I've been to a girl (that isn't family) in all my life.

We started to dance a bit tense. Who could blame us! She didn't know with who she is dancing with and it was the first time for me to dance with a girl that isn't my mother!

Yes, I know, really sad...

A few moments later we moved to the rhythm of the music; faster. We moved our bodies to the beat. We let ourselves loose, moved our feet back and forth, dancing as one.

I am, for the first time in my life, having fun with someone that isn't family.

I decided to spin her around. She looked like she enjoyed it. I watched her as she moved her hips side to side.  She did have a mesmerizing body! Her black clothes hugged her curves. Gosh! I noticed she loved moving her hips to the rhythm and I pushed down the temptation to stare at her as she moved.

She giggled at the end of the song. She was having fun, just like I was.

A moment later a slow song started.

Dancing with her has been great! That feeling left me wanting more, to dance all night if I could. Being with this girl was my cure, my distraction of the bad things in life; the piece that made me happy.

''Want to dance this one wih me too?'' She asked me with a twinkle in her eyes. She wanted to keep dancing too, just like me.

I nodded. To think that I haven't said a word to all of this to happen is unbelievable.

My hands placed themselves on her waist. I noticed she shivered slightly. This made a few feelings arise inside me. My cheeks burned a bit, when I realized I was blushing. Why was I blushing?Maybe because it was the first time I place both my hands on a waist of a girl? A beautiful girl, for that matter.

She placed her hands on my shoulders, bringing us closer than before. We started to move from side to side with the rhythm of the song. I just enjoyed the moment, which I knew will never happen again.

"Soo... What's your name?'' The girl asked me, her eyes stared at mine.

I tensed. She is asking my name. Should I lie and say another name? Will she judge me if I say my real name?

Maybe if I change my accent, she thinks it's someone else. Yes, I'll try that.

''Jonathan. My namez iz Jonathan... Andz yourz?' I said on the accent I always hear her speak. Voice escaping my lips for the first time in front of her.

Her eyes showed surprise and debating on believing it or not. I don't know if my plan worked, but she seemed ok with it. She still hasn't said her name.

She seemed to realize that and tensed a bit.

"Oh, my namez not importantz. Youz can call mez ninja girlz.''

I was disapponted. This was the closest for me to know the name of my 'guardian angel'. Before I could stop myself, I asked:

"Why cantz you tell me yourz name?''

Good going Jonathan. Just great.

"I juzst...'' She said, a bit uncomfortable. I acted swiftly, like if this was a joke, first time I do so.

I chuckled. "I'm zorry. You dontz needz to tell me your namez.''

She sighed relieved. ''Thzankz.''

She started to look around, giving me the time to look around myself. Derek entered the room, followed by his crew.

Not good! Not good! I need get out of here now! They haven't acknowledged me thanks to the mask, but it'd be a matter of time.

I look at the girl in front of me. Her eyes really mesmerized me. They intrigued me differently. I wanted to know what she had to hide, what her troubles were, what she thought of. I wanted to unlock the secrets held by those eyes.

I didn't notice she caught me staring. I rapidly look at the floor, more blood rushed into my cheeks.

"What?'' She asked curious, with raised eyebrows.

"Huh?'' I said disorientated.

"You where staring at me.'' She said chuckling a bit muffled.

I smiled, her chuckling sounded like beautiful bells.

''Well, you are infront of me, soo...''

I'm soo doomed.

But to my surprise, She chuckled and shook her head. Her chuckling made me smile and I laughed with her.

The song ended. I let go of her waist and step a little back. This two songs have been the best and only songs that I've danced with a girl in all my life. But they ended just too soon.

She took my hand in hers. I look into her eyes, they where filled with gratitude. I realized that the sadness I saw earlier in her eyes had banished.

"Thanks. I had a great time dancing with you.'' She said without an accent.

I smiled ''Me too. I gotta go...''

Even I had to go. I was in danger, with Derek in the same room, with no adults to stop him if he beats me up.

She frowned a bit disappointed ''Why?''

I munched my lower lip. I look back at the table Derek was at. He disgusts me. To think he doesn't have a nagging conscious that tells him that what he does to people is wrong; what he does to me is wrong. I look back at her; she looked a bit concerned.

"I just gotta go. Sorry...'' I let go of her hand and started to walk away. When I reached the door, I looked back at the ninja girl, my guardian angel. She was frowning at the floor, then walked back to her table.

I smiled. If only I knew who she was.

I debated if staying for a while, but fear got the best of me.

I walked outside the school and called my cousin to pick me up. He's staying at my house this week.

That girl, my guardian angel, intrigues me. Leaving the first girl that agreed to dance with me back at that party, made my mood go down. But it's alright. I realized that with her I forgot everything bad life has thrown my way. Life is a nasty pitcher, I might say.

I now know many things about my guardian angel.

She has pale skin and the most wonderful colorful eyes. Has auburn hair and an amazing figure. Her voice and laughter are unique, and now I know with who she passes time with. The only thing I haven't seen of her, is her facial appearance and her name.

What is her name?

Thinking about her brought a smile to my face without me knowing.

My cousin picked me up and brought me home. On the way there, my cousin gave me strange looks. I just looked at the passing trees with a smile plastered on my face. Hope, that's what I felt.

We reached my house and instantly my mother greeted us with yelling. Well, yelling at me, that is... She was wearing a stained apron. She had a messy bun and had a wooden spoon in her hand. She had some cookie dough on her cheeks.

"Jonathan! Why are you here? You are supposed to be at that party! I told you not to come home until nine o'clock, and it's eight thirty!"

Most parents would scowld at their son for coming late from a party, but my mom yells at me for coming early.

My mom stopped yelling at me and lowered her arms realizing something. ''You are smiling. And not a smile smile, you are smiling! Honey! Oh Honey! Come quick!'' Mom yelled.

My dad appeared with shaving cream on his face, half of his face was shaved and half had shaving cream.

He held a bat on his hand. "What's wrong?! Who's injured?! Where's the fire?! Burglars?! Thieves?! Tell me woman!"

"Calm down honey, nothing's wrong.'' Mom said rolling her eyes.

Kyle and I watched the exhange in silence with humor. Me, still with a big smile on my face. I just couldn't shake it off.

Dad lowered the bat and his alarmed face disappeared into an annoyed one. ''Oh... Then why was I disturbed on the middle of my shaving?''

Mom rolled her eyes again and smiled at us. ''Honey, look at your son.''

Dad noticed me for the first time. ''Oh! Jonathan! You're here! And So early too."

Mom rose an eyebrow. ''And...?'' She asked my dad crossing her arms over her chest, tapping her foot.

"And—" He looked at us to see what was going on. ''—he wasn't supposed to be here 'till nine?''

Mom gave him a straight look. ''Right, but do you see anything different on him?''

Dad frowned and looked at me up and down. He placed the bat on the floor and circled me, looking me up and down. He smirked. ''Of course he has something different!"

Mom smiled ''Really! So you see it too!?"

Dad grinned and rolled his eyes. ''Of course I see it! It would be strange not to notice my son has a mask on!''

Mom stood where she was unmoving and slammed her hand on her forehead. ''This is unbelievable.''

"What did I say wrong?'' Dad shrugged and looked at our way. Kyle burst up laughing while I just stood there with the same smile, waiting for them to stop talking about me in front of me.

My dad frowned and stared at me. ''Son, you look really happy. Did something happen while you were away?''

My mom looked up and exclaimed. ''Finally! Yes! That was it!''

"Really? Well, I guess I looked well.'' Dad smiled satisfied.

"What happened?! Did you made some friends?!" She said to me with the biggest smile I have seen on her.

My smile winded. ''Mom, let's just say your 'salsa' dancing lessons and all those CD's paid up big time. Thank you.'' I hugged my mother, taking her off guard. I went to my room with the same grin.

While going there, I heard mom ask Kyle, my cousin. ''Do you know what happened?''

"Nop.'' My cousin mumbled. ''He was like that since I picked him up at the party.''

"I say he's happy 'cause he hooked up with a girl.'' My dad said.

"I don't think that's the case, even thought I wish he brought home a girl soon. But if it had to do with dancing, then it's probably he dances tonight." Mom suggested.

I frowned. Not cool mom, not cool. That ain't gonna happen. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't have a chance for that. I mean, who is attracted to a dude that is bullied and can't get a grip on his life?

I mean, yeah, I found someone who is an actual girl that considers me as a human with feelings. But that's that. Nothing else.

I heard dad sigh. ''I still say he hooked up with a girl. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to finish shaving."

If you hadn't noticed, my parents are a little 'unique'. Greatest parents there are, I'll tell ya. What bothers me is that they talk about me, knowing I'm hearing!

I reached my room and took my mask off. I saw a nasty browse where the mask covered. By tomorrow it will heal... I hope. I took my cloak off and stared at my smiling face in the mirror.

I had black hair that reached my forehead. Sometimes I style it up on a 'punk', but what is the point of trying new styles if I'm always wearing my hoodie? My eyes were practically black and I had a case of acne around my face. My nose was decent. I stared, for the first time, at a real smile on my face. Not a faked one; a real one.

But what shocked me about my face was the happy glint in my eyes.

Hope is a wonderful thing.

That night I slept deeply and ended up dreaming with her. She was dressed in black and had white wings on her back, but I couldn't see her face, no matter how hard I tried.

The best part of the dream was that it wasn't a nightmare. Most of them become true.

That was a loooong chapter
Love you all!

Acnaiv  ;)

VOTE! COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Shy Boy By key

Short Story

192K 5.8K 21
There was a boy that likes a girl. He always took notice of her even when she wasn't aware of his presence. With his nerdy appearance and his black-r...
1.1K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
359K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
5.5K 117 44
You know those cliche teenromance books where jock boy falls in love with the nerdy girl and they live happily ever after? Well ever wondered what wo...