A Collection of Stories

JaneKiley713 द्वारा

Hello my lovelies! It's me again. So, this is a collection of stories that either are currently in my head a... अधिक

A Collection of Stories
Characters
More Than A Name Yours Too
Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually
Trust Me
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous II
Anonymous II
Elementals II
Elementals II
Elementals II
Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
Immortal Love
Immortal Love
Immortal Love
Immortal Love
Immortal Love
Immortal Love
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
The Girl Who Signed
One Year
One Year
One Year
One Year
One Year
One Year
One Year
One Year
Loving Mr. Billionaire
Grimm
Grimm
Kidnapped
Kidnapped
Begin Again (First Draft)
Begin Again (Story)
The Royals
Recent Events

The Fake Engagement

114 1 0
JaneKiley713 द्वारा

Summary:

"What do you mean you have a fiancé?" My father shouted as he stood and slammed his fists on the table. I jumped a little in my seat, but I stayed calm.

"It's Colton, Daddy. You know, Mr. Reeves son? They own the auto repair shop in the center of town." I said slowly. "The other night, we went to get ice cream after graduation and he popped the question, telling me that he couldn't be without me."

"Did he knock you up? I swear to god, if he did I'll kill the little minx." Dad seethed.

"Daddy, I'm not pregnant. I promise. I just realized I'm in love with my best friend." I lied.

Ok, so I'm lying to my parents, my would have been fiancé and Colton's parents. Even worse, I need to tell Colton that we're to be fake engaged for the next year.

*****

Esmerelda Foster's parents are multi billionaires. She's grown up all her life knowing that she'd be married off to Vincent Mabb of Mabbs and son. But when the day came to face her upcoming engagement, she couldn't handle it. Esmerelda quickly made up a lie that she's engaged to her best friend, Colton Reeves.

Will the duo be able to keep up the lie for the next year? Will true feelings be revealed? Or will Esmerelda be forced to Marry Vincent Mabb?

*

"Drink up, Esme. You'll have a nasty hang over if you don't." Colton said softly, lowering my semi limp body onto the couch. "Mind telling me why you got wasted in the first place?"

"You don't love me." I mumbled, sipping from the glass he gave me. Colton gave me the strangest look like I was crazy or something.

"What are you talking about? Of course I love you Esme. You're my best friend--"

"You don't get it Colton! I'm freaking in love with you!" I shouted

Colton sat there for a few moments, with his hands folded and pressed to his mouth. Did he think I was crazy for saying I love him? Is he going to reject me? "Esme, I think you had too much to drink." He said softly. "You're not thinking straight."

"This isn't my drunk talk!" I snapped at Colton. "I really do love you. It kills me every time you talk about Addy and getting back together with her once the year is up. I'll admit it; I got jealous today when I found her in our apartment and shoving her tongue down your throat!" I stood shakily and wiped my tear stained cheeks.

"I'm going to bed." I muttered harshly, stumbling from the living area and into our room, locking the door behind me. I knew that there was a key above the door frame, but if Colton took the hint, he'd wait a bit. I stripped by beer stained shirt and pants from my body and threw on baggy sweats and a fluffy sweatshirt. The tears kept flowing down my cheeks. Colton could never love me back. He's too wrapped around Addy.

I woke in the morning to an agonizing headache and a blinding light. I totally regret going to that party last night. I rolled onto my side and saw two painkillers, a tall glass of water and a note with my name on it. I took the pain killers and downed half the glass before picking up the note and reading what was inside of it.

Esme, we need to talk about last night. I went to class and called your school to say you were sick. Text me around noon, please.

Colton

I bit my lip as I read the note again. I couldn't relive last night. I can't stay here any longer either. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and called a hotel and booked a room for the night. Then I called my friend who works for Habitats For Humanity and told her I'd work with her. I got up and grabbed a suit case and packed it with clothing for all weather.

I left around quarter of twelve and left a note taped to our front door for Colton.

Dear Colton,

It started, and then continued with;

I'm sorry for telling you like this, but I'm leaving. I don't mean leaving for the weekend; I mean I'm leaving for good. I left the fake engagement ring on the kitchen table and the contract underneath it. I called you just before I left, so please listen to the message since you were in class at the time. Please understand I had to do this.

Esme

Colton

Hours Later

I placed my phone on the table and turned on the speaker before hitting the replay button. Her parents had to hear this as well.

"Colton, it's me, Esme. I've finally figured out where I'm going and what I'm going to do now. I'm not going to marry Vincent because I don't love him. I went to his place and told him that today after I left the apartment. And I know I can't marry you because, well, you don't love me the way I love you."

My heart clenched again as Esme started to cry into the receiver... again. I shouldn't have gone to class this morning. I should have stayed and talked to her once she woke up. No, I should have talked to her last night and hashed everything out. Maybe she'd still be here if I had.

"I know you love Addy, and if that's the person you want to marry, then I give you my blessing. Don't let me hold you back. I'll get over you someday and hopefully, I'll find someone to make me happy again. It'll take me a while, but I'm going to be okay, Cole. I want you to keep the apartment; I won't need it when I come back. And please don't call and ask me when I'll come home, because honestly, I'll come home when I stop thinking about you. Please don't try and find me. I need to do this, for me."

Esme sniffed as her cries softened. Like hell I wasn't gonna try and find her. She's my Esme for god sake! I looked at her mother and sighed, taking her wrinkled hand in mine. Esme continued.

"When you see my parents, tell them I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave them so abruptly and tell them that I'll call once I've arrived at my destination. And Colton, please call me. I need to hear your voice one last time before I leave. I'll see you again, someday."

And with that, she ended the call. I looked at Holly and Edmund, and the look on their faces told me that they were as confused as I was. They knew everything between us was going great. They knew nothing of our deal. I was confused because of our deal. She told me it was okay to be with other women behind closed doors as long as it didn't leak into the media. I didn't intentionally do that with Addy. Things were over between us when I found out she screwed her lab partner while we were still dating.

I grabbed my phone off of the table and dialed Esme's number. I walked out of the living room and into the front hall as she picked up.

"Colton," She said in a quiet voice.

"Esme, where are you?" I asked. "Just tell me where you are and we can talk about this face to face. You don't need to take such drastic measures." I told her.

"No. Cole, I have to do this for myself." She said robotically. "I need to forget about my feelings." I groaned in frustration and banged my forehead against the nearest wall.

"Goddammit Esmeralda Gene Foster, you drive me insane! Where the hell are you? We need to talk about this!" I all but yelled into the phone.

"Colton, please, don't yell at me. This is already hard enough as it is." She said; her voice laced with tears. "It's not like I want to leave. I just can't take this one sided relationship anymore. I hope you can understand."

"Please, Esme, please talk to me." I begged softly. "I need to see you, I need closure. I need you to explain the note, and I-I need to explain yesterday." Her side of the line was silent for a long time and I was afraid that he had hung up on me.

"Meet me at the Date Night place in fifteen minutes. If you aren't there in fifteen minutes, I'm leaving." She said, and then hung up. I grabbed my jacket off of the hook near the door and booked it to my car.

I entered the ice cream parlor and I found Esme in our booth. There seemed to be a permanent frown on her face and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. My heart clenched again. I keep hurting my best friend. She stared straight ahead as I slid into the booth across from her. She took a deep, shaky breath as she folded her hands in front of her. I wanted to reach out and hold her hands tight, like I did when she used to go through a bad break up. But I knew she wouldn't let me this time.

"Esme," I called softly, placing my hands on the table as well. Esme snapped her gaze to me and her eyes were filled with anger and tears.

"What?" She snapped tiredly.

"Talk to me, Ez." I said, looking Esme in the eyes.

"What's there to say, Colton? I caught you kissing Addy, I became extremely sad and jealous and I just couldn't take it anymore. It's that simple, Colton." She said bitterly.

"Esme, I know you better than that. You need to stop beating yourself up about this. This whole situation doesn't have to go this way." I offered softly. "Just come home with me, back to the apartment and we can settle all this. I cannot lose my best friend, Esme." She laughed bitterly at my words, which confused me. What did I say this time?

"I thought only guys were friend-zoned." She said cynically. "But here I am, friend-zoned by the love of my life." Esme stayed quiet as she looked at the table. I knew there was nothing I could do now. I didn't reciprocate her feelings, but I didn't want her to be sad. "I'm sorry for making you come here and make you listen to a sobbing fool. I need to go." Esmeralda stood and wiped her tear soaked cheeks. I stood too and grabbed her shoulders.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly, making Esme look at me.

"Where ever they send me." She replied in a whisper.

I swallowed, making my Adam Apple bob. "When are you leaving?"

"In the morning," She whispered. Esme leaned up and kissed my cheek before leaving me like a fool in the middle of the shop.

*

*

*

*Two Years Later*

Colton

I screwed up letting Esmeralda leave. I didn't know it at the time, but I know now. I love her. I love Esme and I realized it days too late. She was already gone. Esme called once a week though, from all her new locations. I found Esme on the Habitats For Humanity website in several pictures. She looked... happy. Happier than she's been since the fake engagement. I admit, I hurt her badly, but I needed her here, to tell me she's forgiven me for being an ass whole and tearing her heart to shreads.

She's coming home today, that's what I looked forward too most. I could finally tell her that I love her, and hopefully, she still loves me back. I cleaned up; I cut my hair, shaved my hippie beard and bought her her favorite flowers and chocolate. Now, I just have to wait for the plane to land.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.1K 286 73
The flames of my mind, The words of my soul , Read and share, And yeah don't forget to vote.... Please omit the typing mistakes ©are reserved
153K 1K 49
WWE Diva fanfictions. Updates are spontaneous. Feel free to leave a comment/request (I will do any request as long as it is not extremely weird). Enj...
7.9K 199 18
{⚡COMPLETED⚡} 4th💕Bm : one shots # 4th: I .... don't think so I will be just satisfied with just one day. Bm: Ummmm Then I will le...
69K 1.9K 32
I just want to say that mental disorders are not a joke. This book is a venting/stress relief to me. I do not wish harm apon anyone. If this really b...