Teach Me ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who... More

1. Starbaes
2. Apartment of Secrets
3. It's Not Stalking...I Think
4. If You Can't You Still Might
5. Admit It
6. Needing Space
7. Confrontations
8. Treat You Better
9. Not Leaving
10. Date Night
11. Throwing Punches
12. Getting Some Sugar
13. Stay With Me
14. Labels
15. Complicated
16. Meeting the Parents
17. Morgan's Birthday
18. Together
19. Three Little Words
♡ Extended Scene ♡
20. Breaking Hearts
21. Living La Vida Stressful
22. No Restraint
♡ Extended Scene ♡
23. Symptoms
24. No Running
25. Party Interrupted
26. Moving On
♡ Extended Scene ♡
27. Our Baby
28. Keeping Secrets
29. Figuring it Out
30. Family Day
32. Busted
33. Time Off
♡ Extended Scene ♡
34. Christmas From Hell
35. Sparkling Grape Juice
36. Hormones
37. Josh's Surprise
38. History
39. Going Home
40. The Unwanted Surprise
41. It's a...
42. Don't Leave Me
43. Boys vs Girls
44. Everybody's Got a Secret
45. Bittersweet Homecoming
♡ Extended Scene ♡
46. Crash
47. Living Nightmare
48. Take Your Best Shot
49. No Regrets
♡ Extended Scene ♡
Epilogue

31. Home Sweet Home

2.5K 65 6
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

When I get up the next morning I know I have a drive back home ahead of me and I'm dreading it more than anything. I missed Josh and I wanted to go home but I wish there was a way to get poof there, like Dorothy's red slippers. I climb out of bed and wander to my door, pulling it open and being met with the smells of breakfast food. A smile pulls at my lips as I head to the kitchen where my parents are relaxing together over mugs of coffee. "Good morning" I smile as I walk over to the cabinet and pull out a plate before piling bacon and pancakes onto it before I move to sit with them.

"Morning baby girl" my mom beams. "How are you feeling?" she asks worriedly. I reach towards the middle of the table for butter and syrup and shrug.

"Alright. I'm certainly going to miss waking up to food everyday" I admit making my mom chuckle.

"Josh doesn't cook?" my dad asks curiously.

"No, no" I insist. "He would. It's just we don't really do breakfast on weekdays. We both prefer sleep" I shrug. "Class is early" I complain.

"The class he helps teach in?" my mom questions. I nod carefully. I knew the fact that I was dating my teacher's assistant still wasn't their favorite fact but they were accepting it and that was all that mattered.

"Mhm" I reply as I stuff my face. "I have finals coming up so I'm gonna be pretty busy and I can't ask him for help since he has the answers" I complain. "It kinda sucks but" I shrug. "What are you gonna do?"

"I suppose" my mom replies. "When are you heading out?"

"Um" I think as I light up my phone and look at the time. It was just a little past nine. "Around noon probably. I think I'm gonna take a shower before I head out" I add as I continue to eat my breakfast. "But I wanna get home early enough to get some sleep before class tomorrow morning and maybe enjoy some time alone with Josh."

"I think you've had enough time alone with Josh" my dad teases making me chuckle. "You sure you'll be okay to drive yourself home?" he asks worriedly. I nod as I finish off my breakfast.

"I'll be fine" I assure them. "I drove all the way here didn't I?" I ask as I drink the last few drops of my juice. "Alright" I smile, pushing my plate away. "I think I'm gonna head upstairs, check in with Josh and take a shower."

"I hope you don't mean that you're checking in with him while you're in the shower" my dad says making my eyes widen as I stare at him.

"What?" I stutter.

"I don't know" he shrugs. "Don't young people sext or have phone sex or something?" he asks. My lips part as I stare at him in shock.

"Dad that is not what I meant" I insist profusely. "He's at school" I exclaim, "and we don't have phone sex" I argue. "I literally meant that I was going to check in on things. Like say hello" I chuckle.

"Okay" my dad gives. At this point my cheeks are bright red and I'm flustered beyond belief. I thought that awkward conversations with my parents would be over after they found out I was pregnant but it seemed that was just wishful thinking.

"I'll see you guys later" I smile before escaping back up to my bedroom. I glance at the clock and smile realizing that Josh is already out of class. I grab my phone and dial his number. He picks up on the first ring causing a smile to pull at my lips.

"Hey gorgeous. You up already?" he teases. It was almost ten at this point.

"Shut it" I reply playfully. "I'll have you know I was up by nine" I add causing him to chuckle. "How was class?" I ask curiously.

"Boring. I miss you when you're not there. Just having you in the room makes time go faster" he says making my heart flutter as I sit on the edge of my bed.

"You're so cheesy" I tease.

"Well gorgeous you're stuck with me so you'll just have to learn to love it" he replies as my smile deepens. I certainly didn't mind being stuck with Josh, in fact I couldn't think of anything better.

"Guess so" I agree softly. "I miss you" I add seriously.

"Yea? You aren't enjoying your break from me?" he asks. I shake my head and look down to the ground.

"As much as I love my family I miss you like crazy. I can't wait to get home."

"I have to spend some extra time with James tonight going over some stuff about finals but I should be home in time for dinner. I was thinking about ordering in and spending the evening in bed" he says suggestively causing my body to heat up.

"That sounds perfect" I reply honestly. "Hey guess what my dad thought I was coming up here to do" I add playfully.

"What?" he asks intrigued making me chuckle.

"Have phone sex with you" I reply causing him to choke on something he was apparently drinking. I stifle a laugh as he tries to catch his breath.

"What?" he mutters causing me to giggle.

"Yea it was weird" I admit with a laugh. "I would've thought admitting that my TA knocked me up would've been the most awkward conversation we'd have" I add making him chuckle.

"You would think" he replies honestly. "How are they doing with the whole baby thing?" he asks curiously.

I shrug. "They're going alright. They're a little overbearing but they mean well" I smile softly. "I'm just glad they didn't disown me."

"I hope my parents are half as accepting as yours" he sighs. "Christmas is gonna be a disaster."

"Way to sound positive" I reply. "It'll be okay. We'll get through it."

"I know" he replies, taking a deep breath. "I have you don't I?" he asks making a smile pull at my lips as I nod.

"Forever" I reply happily while I turn to look at the time. It was already ten thirty. I sigh, "babe I should probably get going. I still need to take a shower and spend some time with Nate before I head out."

"Alright" he replies sadly. "Enjoy your shower and tell the family I say hello."

"I will" I smile. "I'll see you tonight babe."

"Can't wait" he replies sweetly. "I love you."

"Love you too" I reply before we hang up. I grab a change of clothes and wander into the bathroom. I strip down and step into the shower, cleaning up and enjoying a few extra moments under the hot cascade of water. When I'm done I change into a pair of yoga pants and a sweatshirt before leaving my room. I wander down the hallway and knock on my brother's door. I push open his door and find him sitting up in bed, eating a bowl of cereal and watching cartoons. "Hey buddy" I smile as I move to take a seat on his bed beside him. "How are you this morning?" I ask as I sit crisscross and try to figure out what show he's watching.

"Good" he replies with his mouth full making me scrunch my nose in disgust. "Are you leaving today?" he asks as he looks over at me. I nod sadly and his face falls. "You need to visit more. I kinda like having you around" he admits making a smile pull at my lips.

"I miss you too little brother" I admit, leaning over to kiss the top of his head before turning my attention back to the television. "Now what is this we're watching?" I ask curiously.

"Transformers" he replies. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought that was a movie franchise."

He looks at me like I've grown three heads and shakes his head. "It's a brand" he clarifies. "They have those movies for old people like you" he says making me gape at him, "but they cartoons for young people like me."

"I'm old?" I quirk an eyebrow at him.

"You are having a baby" he reminds me making me chuckle.

"So you become old when you get pregnant?" I question his logic as he shrugs.

"Sure" he replies making me laugh as I shake my head in amusement at my little brother.

"You're gonna be the best uncle ever though aren't you?" I ask as a smile pulls at his lips and he nods.

"But only if it's a boy" he adds making me chuckle.

"You don't want me to have a girl?"

"No" he shakes his head. "What will we talk about?" he questions.

"Good point" I give with a smile before a knock on the door interrupts us. My mom is standing in the doorway and smiles at me, beckoning me with her finger.

"Think I could borrow you for a sec?" she asks. I nod as I look back at my little brother.

"I'll be back before I go" I assure him. He nods before I stand up and follow my mom out of the room. "What's up?" I ask her as she leads me towards the room at the end of the hallway, the attic.

"I just thought I might have some things you could use" she smiles as she pulls open the door and steps inside. She reaches up to turn on the light, illuminating the room in a soft yellow glow. The room is filled with boxes of decorations for various holidays and some clothes she has yet to take to Goodwill but in the corner is baby stuff. "I know I only have boy stuff because of Nate but I figure the crib at least and maybe the changing table" she says as she walks over to the stuff. "You could probably fit the crib box in your car and then you and Josh could head back and get more stuff. And if you find out that it's a boy then you can help yourself" she smiles brightly causing my heart to swell. Tears fill my eyes as my mom looks at me concerned. "Oh my goodness! Baby girl what's wrong?" she asks worriedly as she pulls me into her arms.

"Nothing" I insist. "I'm just really happy" I admit. "I'm so glad that you don't hate me." She rubs my back soothingly.

"Baby girl I could never hate you. You're my daughter. I'm not exactly thrilled but you're happy and I'm gonna be a grandmother" she exclaims as we pull apart. "I could never be upset about an addition to our family."

"I love you mama" I smile as she wipes my tears.

"I love you too baby girl" she replies sweetly. "I'm gonna go get your dad to help bring some of this stuff down to your car."

"Okay" I reply as she brushes past me. I take a deep breath and collect myself before kneeling down to look through some of the boxes. I find a few toys I like and grab them as my dad wanders into the room.

"I hear you need some help" he says as I turn to face him with a smile on my face.

"I would do it but I think Josh would murder me if he found out I did any heavy lifting" I admit making my dad chuckle.

"That's something me and your boyfriend have in common" he laughs as he walks towards me. "What do you need kiddo?" he asks as he looks around the room.

"Where do I start?"

*************************************************************************************

About an hour later I have a crib and a box of toys in the backseat of my car ready to make the trip back to the city. I lean against my car door and look at my family sadly. "You better come back soon" my brother says making me chuckle as I pull him in for a hug. I kiss the top of his head and ruffle his hair.

"I will kiddo. I promise" I smile as I let him go. I look up at my parents who both look like they're about to lose it at any second.

"Have a safe trip home" my mom smiles as she pulls me into her arms. "And call us as soon as you get there. And call us with baby updates. Or if you just want to say hello-."

"Mom" I laugh as we pull apart. "I'll call more. I promise" I smile as her face softens and she nods in agreement. I turn to look at my dad and smile. "Thank you for not killing my boyfriend." He laughs as he pulls me in for a hug.

"The only way I'd do that is if he hurts you but I don't see that happening" he says seriously. "I love you kiddo."

"I love you too dad" I smile as we pull apart. I take one last look at them all and take a deep breath before climbing into my car. I put the car in reverse and smile, waving at them all as I press my foot to the gas.

*************************************************************************************

When I get home the house is quiet but Josh's stuff is in the foyer, letting on that he's already home. I kick off my shoes and head off towards the bedroom. I push open the door and find Josh sitting at his desk going over a pile of paperwork. "Hey" I smile, leaning against the doorframe. His head whips up and a smile pulls at his lips as he looks at me.

"You're home" he observes.

"I am" I reply happily as I wander further into the room and lean against the desk in front of him. "What are you working on?" I ask curiously.

"Grading" he sighs. "It's a pain in my ass but James insists I need to start getting into the routine" he shrugs as he sits back in his chair. "How was your drive home babe?" he asks curiously.

"Tiring" I reply honestly. "I didn't think it would be that bad but it was rough" I admit. "I'm pretty exhausted."

"That probably has more to do with the baby growing in your belly than anything else" he replies as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him. "Why don't you take a nap while I finish up these papers" he suggests but I shake my head as I take a seat on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Or we could spend some time in the bed together" I suggest as I lean down to kiss him. His lips linger on mine for a long moment before he pulls back and rests his forehead against mine.

"I think that would only serve to tire you our even more baby" he replies making me chuckle. "I promise I'll still be up for that once you get some rest" he assures me, nudging my nose. I sigh, standing up.

"Okay" I give in. "But I'm holding you to that promise" I add as I wander over to the bed and pull back the blankets. I climb under the covers and let out a soft yawn. "By the way there's some baby stuff from my parent's place in the car."

"Okay baby" he replies. "I'll get it. Don't worry" he smiles. I nod as I allow my eyes to flutter shut and fall asleep.

*************************************************************************************

"Ow" Josh yelps, waking me up later that evening. My eyes flutter open and I look around trying to spot my boyfriend but he's nowhere to be seen. I climb out of bed and wander down the hallway and realize that the noise is coming from the spare bedroom. I push the door open but the squeaky hinge betrays me, giving away that I was sneaking in. "Hey sleepyhead" he smiles as he looks up from the mess he's made on the floor. My heart swells when I realize he was trying to put together the crib.

"What are you doing?" I ask dazedly. He shrugs as he goes back to work.

"I figured I needed something to keep me busy" he replies nonchalantly. "Getting a head start is never a bad thing" he adds.

"What did you do with the rest of the stuff?" I ask, looking around the room.

"I put the toys and the couple outfits in the closet" he points with the screwdriver in his hand. "I even hung up the clothes" he adds with a proud smile making me giggle.

"You're adorable" I compliment as he stands up and makes his way over to me.

"I try" he replies playfully as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me towards him. "Did you have fun raiding your parent's house?" he asks curiously.

"Hey" I protest. "I did not raid their house. My mom offered all of this stuff to me. This was not my idea."

"Mhm right" he teases making my lips part as I try not to break out into a cheesy grin.

"I'm serious" I exclaim.

"Okay" he replies unconvinced. I roll my eyes playfully as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Pizza still sound good for dinner?" he asks curiously as he presses his forehead against mine.

"Sounds perfect" I reply happily. "But I get to pick out the movie" I add as we pull apart making him chuckle as I rush off to the bedroom. About an hour later Josh and I are lying in bed with Pitch Perfect playing on the television while we finish off an entire pepperoni pizza between the two of us. "That was delicious" I smile as I clean my hands with a paper towel and throw it into the empty pizza box.

"My babies satisfied?" he asks playfully making me chuckle as I nod my head.

"Mhm" I reply content. "I love pizza."

"Yea?" he asks, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me against him. "What's your favorite food?" he asks curiously.

"Hm" I think it over. "Pancakes" I reply making him chuckle.

"Pancakes?"

"Yep" I smile, popping the p. "My mom made them every day for me when I was little. The only other food that could even closely compare are tuna melts from the Nighthawk Diner that my mom used to work at when I was in middle school."

"Pancakes and tuna melts. That's a pregnant girl meal if I've ever heard one" he teases making me chuckle as I rest my head on his chest.

"Well I am pregnant" I remind him.

"Are you?" he asks playfully. "I was wondering why you stole my pepperoni off my pizza" he adds making me gape at him as I hit his chest playfully.

"Meanie" I grumble making him laugh as he kisses the top of my head.

"I only tease you because I love you" he whispers making my heart flutter. "I love you so much baby."

"I love you too" I yawn making him chuckle. "I'm sorry" I giggle. "This pregnancy is kicking my ass."

"It's okay baby" he assures me. "Get some sleep."

"But-."

"Maya I'm perfectly satisfied with just lying here with you. Get some sleep" he insists. I sigh but give in as I snuggle up against him.

"Fine" I grumble, "but we are going to sleep together soon" I add making him chuckle as he nods and kisses the top of my head.

"I'll be looking forward to it" he laughs. "Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight babe" I yawn as my eyes flutter shut and I drift off to sleep.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 4.3K 38
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Josh Matthews thought he had everything. He became CEO of The Gabriel Foundation, a nonprofit that helps sick kids and their families...
63.3K 1.5K 30
What could be worse than getting put in an arranged marriage? How about being put in an arranged marriage with your worst enemy. The Matthews and Hu...
55.2K 1.1K 25
A/N: I wrote this ages ago and there any many many typos so I do apologise for that x Josh and Maya were together after the Ski Lodge but nobody knew...
213K 4.6K 62
♡ "I'll play the long game" ♡ It's been a year since Josh said these words to Maya. In the days since Maya has tried to ignore the ache in her heart...