Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 81」

325 10 8
By lazilazuli

"What is it?"

"It's about my last relationship. Y'know the one you asked me about before."

"Oh, okay. Are--Are you sure you want to talk about this?"

"Yeah," he nodded, taking a gentle hand to yours. "I want open up to my girlfriend about this."

The flutters started fluttering on cue, but then you put on a serious face, telling him you were all ears to hear this.

Taehyung pulled you over to the bed and had you sit down before taking a seat for himself. "Do you remember how I acted when we first met?" You nodded. "I couldn't get over how my ex and I ended things. I caught her cheating on me right outside of campus."

"Taehyung..."

"Believe it or not, I was a really good guy back then. In high school, I dated a few girls here and there, until I found someone that I genuinely liked. I thought she was someone nice, with a good heart, and wasn't dating me because I was handsome or good-looking. Someone who loved me for me. And the more love she continued to show me, the deeper I fell in love with her."

'Sounds a bit like someone I know,' you thought.

"Eventually, she became someone that was irreplaceable to me. We had our ups and downs like any other couple, but there was one day in particular that I felt like things started going a bit wrong."

"What happened?"

"It all started back when the both of us skipped classes to go on a date together. By the end of it, we lost our virginity to each other."

Your heart kind of clenched at this. It might've been a long time ago, but it still felt weird hearing how special this girl was, enough for him to have his first with. Then again, it was understandable since it was someone whom he loved at the time.

"Since then, she had a sudden attitude change. Any girl that came around me, she'd act nasty towards, and whenever we'd go out on dates, it felt like she only wanted to show off our relationship to the public, instead of just having fun. Things went on like that until we hit college. But, it was my fault for not listening to my own suspicions."

"One time, she came over to my house to study, and on one of our breaks, she wanted to have sex, but since we were already having so much sex, I suggested that we just cuddle instead. She got really upset with me and we ended up in an argument. A couple minutes later she just took her stuff and left."

"After that day, she became distant. We started seeing each other less, and whenever I wanted to make plans with her, she would already have some of her own. But still, it only made me want to reach out more and make things better before it got to be the end of us. When I did, she responded well, and because of it, I thought we'd be good again, but I was wrong."

"A couple weeks later, two of her ex-friends came to me, trying to tell me that she was cheating on me, but I didn't believe it. She told me that they were lying on her and I easily took her side because she was my girlfriend and things were still somewhat going well between us. But that's where I made my mistake."

"Two days after, when I was talking to my mom and taking a walk around campus, I saw her and some bastard all over each other on the side of the building. When I confronted them, she coldly told me that she wasn't interested in who I was anymore. Meaning, her idea of a good relationship was being with someone who looked and could fuck her good."

'What a bitch.'

"When she said that to me, I started falling apart. I thought, 'ah, so in the end, this is all that they care about'. So, instead of getting hurt, even more, I started being the one to hurt others. I started messing with girls before they had the chance to mess with me. And I know, it's still not much of an excuse for the things I've said or how I've acted towards you, but--"

"Sunbae," you put a hand over his, bringing his lowered gaze up to you. "You don't have to worry about something like that with me," you kissed the tip of his nose. "I promise I'll be good to you."

"Yeah," he nodded. "With her, I felt things, but with you, it's a lot more." Taehyung leaned in a little and gave you a peck right back. That peck then turned into a smooch and a smooch into a little make-out session. The heated kiss went on and on until there was a knock at the door.

"Jiyeong?" It was Jungkook. "You in here?"

"Y-Yes," you spoke up. This wasn't good.

"What's taking you so long?" The young male twisted the knob and slowly entered the room. "You're missing the mo--" When Jungkook looked up, his words were no longer there.

"H-hi," you waved awkwardly. Standing at your door, was the same concerned person whom you had made a promise with, to keep away from Taehyung.

"Oh, Jungkook-ssi," Taehyung looked over to him. "Jiyeong and I are--" Before Taehyung could even finish what it was that he was going to say, the door slammed back shut. "The hell is his problem?"

"I think he's upset with me," you stared down at your toes.

"For what?"

"Nothing you have to concern yourself with," you tried to force a smile to reassure him. 'I don't wanna know how Taehyung sunbae will react if I tell him Jungkook had told me not to close with him anymore.'

"Should we go back and watch that movie?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "Let's go." Taehyung stood up and walked towards the door with you following behind. "When do we tell everyone else?"

"Tomorrow, since it'll be more exciting that way," he smiled.

The next morning, you got out of bed and made breakfast for the others. The smell had been wafting about in the house for a while and it finally dragged a couple of zombies out of their rooms. They tracked down the delicious smell of pancakes and eggs with their noses like a radar.

"Food~" Each one of them who entered the kitchen groaned. First Seokjin, then Hoseok, then Yoongi, then Park Jimin and then Minji. Those were the first people to wash their faces and come sit down to the table.

"A couple of people are missing, it seems like," you said. "Can someone take over for a bit? I'm gonna go see if I can wake those sleepy butts up."

"I got it," Jimin pushed himself back and walked over to the stove.

"Namjoon sunbae," you softly rocked the male until he hummed. "Wake up. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Thanks, Jiyeong-ah." He pulled himself from the bed and trudged right on out the door.

"Sunbae," it was his turn to be shaken. "Wake up," you whispered. Little did you know, that was a mistake on your part. You were suddenly brought down and into his suffocating embrace.

"My name's not sunbae," his groggy voice sent vibrations into your own chest. "Call me properly."

You sighed, "good morning, Taehyung." But there was no use trying to keep your smiles down. Were you awake this whole time? Why didn't you just get up for breakfast?"

"I wanted you to be the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes," he confessed.

And cue the smiles. 'This guy...' How in the world could he just hit you with a cute smile out of nowhere like that? "Go wash your face, Casanova," you peeled yourself away from him. "When you're done," you took him by the hands and got him to sit straight up, "come eat breakfast."

"Save me a seat right beside you."

"Yes, yes, I will." And with that, you went out and walked into the other hallway to wake up Jungkook.

"Jungkookie," you lightly shook at his body. "It's time to get up now." Nothing. "Jungkook," you called him a bit louder.

"I'm up."

"Huh?" you were a bit shocked. This was the first time that he had ever woken up so easily. "Breakfast is just about ready," you said. "We're having pancakes and eggs."

"Mm." Was all you got.

"I--I'm gonna go now, okay?"

"Mhm."

'What a way to start the day,' you shook your head. When you returned to the table the Jimin was serving pancakes to each seat. Taehyung and Namjoon were already there, and Jungkook came shortly afterward.

"Jiyeong," Hoseok called you to attention, "you got something on your neck?" he pointed.

"Oh," you blushed, covering it with your hand, "a-actually--"

"Is that a hickey?" Jimin squinted. His little observation drew eyes from all around onto you.

"Oh dear," you hung your head. The investigations had begun.

"A big one, too." Jin confirmed with wide eyes."

"Yup," Yoongi nodded. "That's a hickey if I ever saw one."

'How could I forget to cover this thing up.' You felt like dying. Meanwhile, you could hear little giggles coming from your right side. "You find something funny?" you shot Taehyung a glare.

"No," he waved a hand at you. Taehyung then shoved a pancake in his mouth to try and muffle his laughter some more.

Minji looked between the two of you, observing you very closely. "You two are back together again, aren't you?"

"When the hell did this happen?" Jimin asked.

"During the movie last night," Jungkook spoke up, before cramming part of a pancake inside his mouth. Hearing the annoyance in his voice, created an awkwardness among the table that the rest tried to get rid off.

"So, you guys are good again, huh? Good for you guys."

"Thanks," Taehyung gave a brief smile.

"Finally asked her out, did you?" Minji cocked a brow at him.

"Of course, I did."

"Probably celebrated the old fashion way, huh?" Namjoon asked.

All of a sudden, before Taehyung could even answer, Jungkook then suddenly stood up. "Thanks for breakfast, but I'm done now." All eyes were attached to him as he took up his plate and started walking away towards the garbage.

"Are you stupid?!" Jin whispered as he hit Namjoon against the arm a couple of times. He even got a few hits from the others, until Jungkook passed by to go back to his room.

Taehyung said nothing and just eyed Jungkook until his figure disappeared behind the door. "I bet he's still upset with me from before," he said. "That's okay. Let him. No skin of my back." He, too, took to his feet. "Thanks for breakfast." He theb pecked your cheek before going to the sink to wash his empty plate.

"You're welcome..." Everyone then watched as Taehyung walked out as well. "Um, what just happened?"

"Namjoon just happened, that's what," Yoongi said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
137K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
1.3K 155 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...