A Prey's Protector

By ilovedolphins101

It was like a game to them. A game of predator and prey. They are the predator and I'm the prey. Kill or be k... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

2

187 17 8
By ilovedolphins101

   Kanan turned into a parking garage filled with different sorts of cars. He soon parked near a median sized black car. We both exited the damaged vehicle and he walked over to the black car. Kanan opened the trunk which also opened another cover revealing a small space.

   "Get in," he told me and my eyes widen in fear. I slowly backed away shaking my head 'no.'

   Kanan sighed in irritation, "Why won't you get in? You can't sit in the front or you will be spotted when we cross the border."

   "Why? Who wants my head hanging on their wall?" I spat back angrily.

   This guy acts like he owns me. First, he takes me from the jail then people shoot at us and now this?! He keeps trying to avoid any sort of question I try asking him but somehow answers without giving any sort of information.

   "Do you not know that you are worth a pretty penny?" He asked.

   "What does that mean?" I asked confused.

   "It means that you have a high price hanging on your shoulders," Kanan told me.

   I looked down taking in the new information. "I barely have any money unless..." I paused thinking that it might be a mistake.

   "No, I don't have any money. My idiotic dad would never give up the money to me," I confirmed crossing my arms.

   "Sure, not on you but have you checked your bank account?" He asked.

   "I didn't even know I had one," I admitted, "and what does this have to do with me getting into a trunk?"

   "Look," he said sternly, "there are people out there that will do anything to kill you and you're wasting our time by staling. So why won't you get into the trunk?"

   "One, I just met you like an hour ago and so far it seems like you're kidnapping me. Secondly, I'm claustrophobic. Lastly, why would you care?" I said glaring at him. Then looking at the ground and scuffling my foot on the cement.

"One, I'm trying to protect you cause we can't have anyone seeing you. Secondly, maybe there is a way to get you in the trunk. Lastly, it's a personal reason," he listed.

   "Well...maybe if you talk to me then it might help. It has before," I huffed in defeat, seeing as I had no other choice in this. I could see he was telling me the truth and desperation in his voice was clear as day.

   "Fine, get in," Kanan told me and I did.

   Before he closed it, I asked, "Will you let me out right when we get there?"

   "Sure, kid," he said then closed the trunk. Suddenly, darkness surrounded me and everything was closing in. The only light was coming in the small space was between two seats. I peeked through it and saw Kanan getting into the driver's seat. My breathing was getting heavy and everything was dizzy.

The car lurched making me flinch. We began to move as I felt the vibrations of the car under me.

I reached into my sweat shirt pocket and grabbed my stress ball. I rapidly started to squeeze it finding it calming. I took deep breaths to calm myself then said, "Talk to me."

It took a couple seconds before he asked, "How did you end up in the cell?"

"I was stealing some fruit and water bottles," I answered.

"Why were you doing that?" He asked confused.

"Cause I was hungry and thirsty," I said rolling my eyes.

"Doesn't your parents feed you?" Kanan asked me.

"Not since I ran away," I replied quietly hoping he wouldn't hear me. My luck ran out. "Why were you running away?" He asked.

"I hate them, my parents, I hate them so much. Sometimes, I think they don't even want me around," I said softly then cleared my throat, "Now you answer some of my questions. Why are these people after me?"

"I already told you that," Kanan said annoyed.

"You weren't telling me everything," I retorted.

"To be honest kid, I'm not fully sure either," he said honestly.

"Why are you protecting me?" I asked.

"Do you want to be killed?" He replied.

"Well, no but random people don't just come out of no where and protect you from things like that," I said referring to the shooting in the city.

He stayed silent.

I started to move around uncomfortably and my breathing uneven, "Gosh, I can't stay in here. I told you I'm claustrophobic."

"Yeah, you can," he said.

"No, I can't. You try it," I complained, my voice cracking a little.

"I have," Kanan replied with the same monotone voice.

"Yeah right, when?" I asked challengingly.

Kanan was silent for a moment and seemed to be gathering his thoughts.

"I was a soldier. The other soldiers and I were sneaking into a military base when a dog came up barking, wanting to play," Kanan started. I listened, interested in what the story was going to be about.

"The other men told me to shut the dog up but the trust in the dog's eyes..." He paused to gather his composure, "but the others told me to stop his barking."

Kanan hesitated before speaking again, "I stabbed the dog. Its' blood staining me for three days. I felt trapped almost...claustrophobic knowing what I did."

My eyes widen and for a moment, my hand released my stress ball. I reached down and grabbed it again and almost felt bad for Kanan.

I let his words sink in and was about to ask another question. "Time to stay quiet," he ordered and I shut my mouth as the car slowed down. It soon came to a stop and my heart was racing once again as I rapidly squeezed my stress ball and gulped down my fear.

   Then as quick as we came, we left without any troubles. The car ride continued in silence and then we came to a stop. Kanan exited the car and I waited for him to open the trunk.

   It never opened and I realized that he wasn't going to open the trunk. I looked around the small area to see if I can escape this small area. That's when realizing that it could be only opened from the outside. I wanted to scream and almost panicked but a couple minutes later, the cover opens revealing Kanan.

   "You said you would open it when we arrived?" I said angrily.

   "Well now you're out," he said and I glared at him but sat up. I climbed out of the trunk and was happy to breath in the fresh air. He closed the trunk then guided me to a nice brown house in the middle of a forest. We walked up the steps and onto the porch. We went over to a door with two slits of glass with wood bordering them. The top silt was broken and fragments of glass were scattered on the floor inside the house.

   'Now we are breaking into houses?' I thought scrunching my nose in confusion, 'How many illegal things can he pull off without being caught?'

   Kanan opened the door and let me walk in, avoiding the glass on the ground. He followed behind me, closing the door behind him.

   "Can I use the bathroom?" I asked randomly.

   He stared at me blankly for moment before nodding with approval. I walked into the bathroom and scanned the small room. There was the usual stuff you find in a bathroom but what caught my attention was the shelves. On one of the shelves was a home phone. I picked it up then placed it next to my ear finding that it works. So I pulled the phone away from my ear and typed in 911.

   I placed the phone up against my ear once again and waited for any sort of reply.

   "Hello, who is this?" A woman's voice spoke through the phone.

   "Hi, my names Ezra. I'm trying to reach my dad," I said quietly through the phone.

   It took a moment before the woman replied, "Ephraim Bridger?"

   "Yeah, can I talk to him?" I asked with some hope.

   "I'm sorry, I can't do that," the woman said, "My name is Tua and I work with the FBI. You need to tell me where you are."

   "I-I don't know where I am," I stuttered.

   "Are you with a man that goes by the name of Kanan?" The woman asked. I paused bewildered that this woman knew something.

   I looked around hesitating for a moment before saying, "Yeah."

   "You need to get out there. Kanan is a professional assassin that is hired to kill you," Tua said sternly. My heart hammered on my chest and the phone almost slipped out of my hand. The man that was outside of the door was going to kill me. I licked my lips scared as my hands trembled and sweat started to form.

   I am scared. My breathing became uneven like it did in the car.

   "Ezra, don't worry. I'm going to track this number and send in help," Tua said calmly but I wasn't listening anymore. Instead, I placed the phone back on its' receiver and walked towards the door slowly.

   I reached for the handle but hesitated. My foot took a step back as I was trying to calm my nerves. This time, I opened the door and walked out of the bathroom slowly to see Kanan leaning against the wall with a gun in his hands. I to quickly think of an excuse to leave this place.

   "Um," I stuttered then quietly said, "I-I left something in the c-car. Can I-I go get it?"

   I kept glancing down at the gun then back into those cold, green eyes. There was a thick silence as I moved my fingers to keep my hands from shaking.

   "Ar..." I paused for a moment and licked my lips to get moisture in them. I gulped down the lump in my throat and continued my question. "Ar-Are you going to kill me?" I asked quietly terrified. I wished I didn't ask, afraid of the answer.

   I knew to be afraid.

   He looked me straight in the eyes with a blank face when quietly replying, "Yes."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 1.6K 31
Real world AU It all started on a perfect day, a little to perfect if you ask me. My name is Ezra Bridger and this is a story about me living as if I...
810 31 5
At night, Vader dreams of an alternate reality where Anakin raised Luke and Leia, and he wants it, wants them. He's determined to do whatever he must...
Hiding By Jay

Fanfiction

29.8K 444 23
Ezra Bridger. Son of Mira and Ephraim Bridger. Born 15 years ago today. But once a Sith, always A Sith. Right? (Original title: A Jedi in Hiding/Fi...
1.7K 91 17
A new darkness is growing...Kanan and Ezra are in the hands of the Empire...the rebels struggling to get them back...more secrets revealed...and at t...