Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 80」

358 9 1
By lazilazuli

"What took you so long, Minji?" Taehyung asked her as he watched her walk up to the edge.

"There was a little malfunction with my swimsuit, so I went out and bought this one from a shop not too far from here."

"Looks good," he said.

"Thanks. You two seem to be having fun," she said, putting her hands to her hips.

"Oh, yeah," you nodded.

"Oh, what's this I see?" Taehyung's eyes wandered over a couple feet from Minji and found none other than Park Jimin standing there, just gawking their way. "Yah! Park Jimin! You're looking too obvious right about now," he finally took his revenge.

"Hm?" Minji looked all around until she finally found him standing off with a hand to his nape. "What're you doing standing over there like some awkward nerd?"

He gulped. "I'm not being awkward."

"No, but you really are though."

"Sunbae," you called this time, "why don't you help Minji out with her sunscreen!" Both you and Taehyung started giggling like a pair of mischievous fools.

"Jiyeong, how could you!" he called right back.

"You two know something that I don't?" There was an arch in Minji's brow when she questioned the two of you.

"Us?" Taehyung and you looked to each other, then back at her. "No," you shook your heads simultaneously.

Minji just shook hers back. "I only wish that I could believe you."

"Haha, it's nothing," you tried reassuring her. But it was hard to do when you couldn't help the bubbly laughter; especially since everyone knew what she didn't.

"Whatever," Minji then turned on her heel. "I'll be coming in soon."

"Take your time," you waved.

"We're not finished yet, y'know!" Taehyung said, wrapping his arms around your torso.

"Wait, wait, wai--" Before you knew it, you were taken under for about the 7th time. After a couple of seconds, you resurfaced but only to hear endless giggles on Taehyung's end. But enough was enough. It was time for revenge.

"Sunbae, my leg," you swam back to the wall and held up your shin. "I think I caught a cramp in it."

"What?" his smile faded. "Really?"

"Yes," you nodded. "It hurts super badly." You even winced to make your act look believable.

"Let's get you out of the water then," he swam over to you and did the unexpected.

"Oh!" He took by the hips and lifted you up and out of the pool to sit on the edge. Even after his hands were gone, you could still feel his firm grip pressed into your skin.

"Let me see..." Taehyung pulled your calf up from the water and held it in his hand, away from the water. "I'll massage it for you until you're feeling better, okay?"

"Um..." The way he started kneading his fingertips into your leg, made your heart flutter. 'I love his caring side so much.' The more concentrated he became, the more nervous you became. But then, you soon realized the turn of events. 'Wait, this wasn't supposed to happen.'

"Sunbae?"

"Yes?" he answered you, but wouldn't lift his eyes up from your leg.

"You can stop now," you put a hand to your thigh.

"You sure?" he finally looked up. "Are you feeling better already?"

'I don't know about better...' Your leg was perfectly fine, but you couldn't say the same about your heart. It felt like it was continuously squeezing, getting tighter and tighter.

"You ready to come back in now?" he asked.

"Ye--Yes," you nodded. And just like that, Taehyung had you by the hips again. After being dipped back into the pool, you just looked up at his face. Chest tightening, the more you gazed on.

"What's wrong?"

You shook your head, "nothing." To prevent him from seeing the rosy blush rise up on your cheeks, you dipped your whole self inside the pool. 'I''m supposed to be angry. I'm supposed to be so upset with him.' But who were you kidding? You were long finished with your anger at this point.

You closed your eyes to try and help calm yourself down from what just happened. But all of sudden, you felt a light tap to the back of your hands. When you parted them from your face and opened your eyes, you found Kim Taehyung staring right back at you. Even underwater he was still handsome.

With a few blinks, you realized that he was getting closer and closer. 'What is he doing?' When your noses bumped against each other, you clamped your eyes down shut. There was no way you could handle those eyes of his. Especially with the close distance that you two were in. 'Is he going to kiss me?'

--"Where's Jiyeong and Taehyung?" Minji asked.

"I didn't see them leave the pool," Jimin said.--

You slowly lifted up a lid to peak up at him, only to see furrowed brows. 'What the--' To your surprise, the color in his face was actually starting change color, 'This idiot is struggling for air and he's still down here?' You quickly popped your head back up, with him following suit. "Why didn't you come back up for air, stupid?" you shouted.

After he took a deep breath for air, Taehyung turned to you and confessed, "I wanted to see your pretty face underwater."

Yup. Your face was completely red at this point. But now from flattery. "And so you risk yourself nearly drowning? Just for that?"

He simply shrugged a shoulder, "who wouldn't?"

You shook your head away. "You're seriously unbelievable." You didn't mean to, but a smile came to your face. "When'd you become such a fool?"

"I've always been a fool for you," he replied, without hesitation.

You turned back to stare at him dead on. There it was. That innocent-like rectangular smile of his, there to claim your heart.

"Yah," Hoseok sat himself down beside the rest of the boys, "that kid's got some serious heartbreak."

"Who?" Namjoon asked, popping a chip in his mouth.

"Jungkookie," he whispered.

"Jungkook?" the boys all exchanged baffled looks with one another before turning back to Hoseok. "Who's he crushing on?"

"Jiyeongie."

Eyes nearly popped right out of their socket as they heard your name. "You're kidding!"

"Am I? The kid wouldn't stop staring at her and Taehyung the entire time he was pouring his heart out."

"Jungkook likes Jiyeong?" Yoongi sat back in the chair as if blown away by the information. "Didn't see that coming."

"Well, that does explain his overprotectiveness," Namjoon said.

"It sounded like he's been in love with her for a really long time. Probably even before we met him."

"Does Taehyung know?" Jin asked.

"No," Hoseok looked him up and down as if he were crazy. "And he's not going to. Do you how those two are right now?" he pointed towards the pool, "Taehyung's trying to restore his relationship with her before we go back home. I'm sure of it. How do you think he'll react to hearing that his own dongsaeng has a crush on the same girl as him? He'll be pissed."

"He's right," Yoongi said. "Jiminie made this trip so we can all be happy again. What do we look like trying to wreck that by opening our mouths?"

"I'm only letting you guys know this, so don't say anything to Taehyung."

"Jungkook," Minji swam up to the edge of the pool. "Something wrong?"

"It's nothing serious," he shook his head. But he wasn't very convincible with that glum look he carried on his face.

"Something to do with Jiyeong?" No use beating around the bush.

"It doesn't matter," he lifted a foot out of the water.

'It matters to me.' Minji sighed as she pulled herself from out of the pool. She scooched a bit closet to him and pulled her knees up to her face. "You can talk to me if you that's what you need," she tilted her head in his direction to get a glimpse of his up and close features.

Jungkook breathed a tiny chuckled, "you're sweet."

"I'm not doing it to be sweet," she directed her vision towards the playful pair before her. "I'm doing it because I care."

"I know," he said.

"If you know, then start talking already."

"Jiminie, if you don't make a move on Minji today, then she's going to spend all her time talking with Jungkookie," Jin teased from the pool.

Once he returned from the restroom, Jimin started looking around. Then his eyes landed on Jungkook and Minji sitting real close to one another, all intimate-like.

"Jiminie?" Namjoon tried to catch his attention, but the poor male couldn't hear him.

His jealousy was slowly, but surely, devouring him piece by piece. He couldn't take his eyes off of them. The two of them, they looked like a couple.

"Where're you going?" Hoseok asked him but didn't get a response. He and the rest of the bunch just watched as Jimin marched towards them. "You think he's actually upset?"

"Don't think so," Yoongi said. "Look," he pointed out. "He's just sitting beside them. He's just trying to be with her every chance he gets."

After spending a wonderful and joyful Christmas day in the pool, it was finally time to head home. You and Minji quickly changed out of your bikini's and followed the boys out of place. Dinner was eaten at some nearby restaurant before heading back home; but once you returned, it seemed no one wanted to turn in just yet, so the group decided to watch a Christmas-themed movie. "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Classic stuff. Everyone was packing themselves up and in front of the couch, getting ready to watch it.

"Jiyeong! Taehyung! We're starting the movie!" Yoongi called.

"I'm coming," you answered. Just as you set foot in the living room, you looked over and saw Taehyung coming out from the hallway that carried two other rooms. You gave him an awkward smile before continuing on to the couch. But, it seemed like you weren't getting to that couch anytime soon.

"Hey," he took you by the wrist, "can I talk for a bit?"

"Um..." You looked towards your friends who had their back completely turned towards you. "Okay," you nodded reluctantly.

"Let's go to your room," he suggested. Taehyung released his grip and followed behind you, closing back the door behind himself once the two of you were inside.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

He sighed, running his fingers through his bangs. "I wanted to talk about us. These past two days...I think they've been pretty good for us, don't you think?"

'It has, actually.'

"And today, I felt that spark that we had, more than once. This morning and even at the pool. It was like nothing ever happened...and I miss that. Don't you?"

You lowered your gaze. 'I do.'

He reached for and grabbed the tips of your fingers. "Say something, Jiyeong."

"You're not wrong," you finally opened your mouth to say.

"Then do you think we can just go back to before? Before we had that stupid fight?"

"It's not like I want to say no," you slipped your fingers away, setting unease into his heart, "but after that fight, I learned a bit more about you. I found out just how petty and immature you can be when you're upset." He bit his lip. "Answer me this: what would happen if I were to unknowingly piss you off again? Would you find another girl to try and get back at me with?"

"Not a chance!" he quickly retorted.

"Would you stay silent and shun me until I got a group of people to help corner you?"

"No..." his gaze lowered to the ground.

"What about not listening to me and accusing me of things I would never do?"

"No," he shook his head toward the floor.

"Because if something like that were to happen again, then there's no point in going back. No matter what my heart may want."

Taehyung lifted his gaze to look back at you.

"Even if we're playing around all day and laughing like idiots until there's tears in our eyes, or just letting you hold me while you kiss me over and over again..." Your heart was aching. You wanted to go back and recover what you had, but not if it meant getting into hurtful fights like those. It was too scary. "I'm gonna go now."

"Jiyeong, wait."

You started walking towards the door and was just about to open it until the firm grip on your arm tugged you back. "What is it?" You didn't dare look back to him. "I thought were finished."

"I--" at first he hesitated. "I want to kiss you," but managed to say it.

Just at the end of his words, your heart started its famous marathon. You slowly turned back in his direction to get a look at his face. "Huh?"

Taehyung let you go and took a step closer to your frozen figure. "Let me kiss you."

In the midst of you blanking out, your heart rate started to rise at an immense pace; and all because of 4 little words. As he towered over you, his warm and large hands rose up to your highly flushed cheeks and cupped them gently.

"Wa--wait a second!"

"Someone like me can't promise that every day will always be sunny between us, but I'll at least make sure that most of those days are."

It was then that you took a pause for yourself. While staring deep into his dark orbs, you started to think. Were you actually against being with him? Yes, he had acted like a full-on ass in the past couple of weeks, but you could really see that he was trying to win his way back into your heart. He had been such a sweetheart for the past 2 days. Not to mention, you were missing the feeling of his kiss. The feeling that either of you created when you were in each other's arms. Yes, love was completely trespassing on your territory.

"Jiyeong?" As Taehyung called your name, he brought you back from your thoughts the same time.

"You listen to me, and you listen to me good," he nodded quickly to the stern look in your eyes. "I'm not any of those girls you've played with before. I'm someone who cares for you, deeply, more than you might ever understand right now. This whole situation was bothersome for the both of us, but...I think we can grow from it. I'd like for us to start fresh if we could."

"We can." Taehyung just gazed deep into your eyes. "Everything's old news now." Without a second more to waste, he leaned in to give you what you had both wanted.

As his lips captured yours, your heart expanded. Why did his kisses have to feel so good? His hand tugged on your waist, guiding you in closer against this body. Why did his hand fit so comfortably on your waist? The fingers of his free hand intertwined through yours. There was only one way to describe all of this. Just as your hands fit into his; the way his lips moved against yours, it was in one word: perfect.

When your lips finally parted, your eyes opened and immediately met with his. And since you couldn't tear your eyes away from each other, both your hearts drummed on and on. Beating louder and louder.

"That was nice," you confessed.

"You're so special to me," he said, rubbing his nose lovingly against your own. "And I should have made that known to you the first time. But now that I've got you in my arms again, I won't be letting anything or anyone separate us again, so I hope you'll say yes to being my girlfriend."

The sides of your lips started to tug upward as you nuzzled back at him. "Took you long enough, stupid."

As you finished answering, Taehyung leaned in for yet another kiss that went deeper, but still a bit shorter than the last. Then he left a gentle trail of kisses that started from the creak of your neck and stopped down by your collarbone. But, of course, things weren't over.

From the second his tongue landed on your neck, a loud gasp escaped your lips. Your body became as stiff as a board for a couple of seconds, before you soon felt yourself begin to melt under Taehyung's wild tongue. And the more you melted, the more exposed you allowed your neck to become.

"Taeh--" you went to speak, but found that to be a nearly impossible task at the moment. You were completely foreign to this kind of affection but had no complaints about it. "Wai--" you stopped to let the sudden moan pass you by. And then a hitch of your breath fell into place after his tongue flicked once more over the spot he worked on for so long. 'So good...'

Before taking a step back, Taehyung decorated his mark with a little peck. "How was that?" he breathed.

"Good..." you sighed. It was all you could manage with the amount of daze that he left you in.

"Was that your first hickey?" you nodded. "Well, there will be many more of them to come." The way Taehyung's honey-soaked words dripped right off his seductively toned voice, sent a shimmy and a shake right on down your back.

"How long am I going to have to cover this up for?" you sighed.

"Or," he pecked your forehead, "you don't have to cover it up at all and just let everyone see that you're officially mine."

You cupped a hand over the place he kissed, "nice try." Suddenly, you found yourself enveloped in his warm embrace.

"I'm so happy to have you in my arms again," he confessed, putting his chin to rest on the top of your head. "I never want us to fight ever again."

"As long as you don't act like an idiot again, I think we'll be fine."

"Speaking of acting like an idiot," he took a step back away from you," there's something that I need to tell you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 158 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...
138K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
541K 22.6K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...
13.8K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...