In My Mind

By WrenSpellman

I used to be normal. I had a good life, kick-ass friends, and teachers hated me. Now, I'm stuck going to a sc... More

The Monster Within
Chapter I: The Day Before
Chapter II: Just a Dream
Chapter III: Sienna
Chapter IV: Mate's the Word
Chapter V: Lulu
Chapter VI: Think Human
Chapter VII: Putain
Chapter VIII: Non-Independance's End
Chapter IX: Seperation
Chapter X: Mates All Around
Chapter XI: Day One, Part One
Chapter XII: Day One, Part Two
Chapter XIII: Day Two, Part One
Chapter XIV: Day Two, Part Two
Chapter XV: Day Three, Part One
Chapter XVI: Day Three, Part Two
Chapter XVII: Day Four
Chapter XIX: Day Six
Chapter XX: Goodbye
Chapter XXI: Operation
Chapter XXII: Secrets
Chapter XXIII: Cars
Chapter XXIV: Bite Me
Chapter XXV: Bun in the Oven
Chapter XXVI: Hurting Hearts
Chapter XXVII: Occupancy
Chapter XXVIII: Breathe
Chapter XXIX: Shift In Power
Chapter XXX: Caught In The Act
Chapter XXXI: The Guest
Chapter XXXII: Hard as Stone

Chapter XVIII: Day Five

489 7 5
By WrenSpellman

Pictures on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>

Yesterday, it took forever to calm my brothers down. After a lot of persuading and begging, they finally layed off Lulu. They never stopped glaring at him, and when I got up to go to bed, they made Sienna go with me. While Sienna and I were lying in our beds talking, Stone made an appearence. I didn't talk to him the entire time. He ended up falling asleep on Sienna's bed. The both of us feel alseep shortly after.

Today, it was another day of Erin drilling us on everything she could think of. S.T just let her run the call because according to him, and everyone else, she'd do a better job than he would. We'd just finnished running five miles, and she was already having us do push-ups. I swear my heart was going to blow up at any minute.

"Come on you lazy bums! My grandmother could do this faster than you!" She sounded like a sargent from a boot camp.

She's been constantly calling us all "ladies" and telling us how out of shape we were. Everyone has been asking her when we were going to stop and actually do some fighting and her reply was always, "I don't know, you tell me." I'm really getting tired of her. After the fifty push-ups, we were ordered to do fifty sit-ups. At this rate, I was going to have a six pack by tomorrow. I was the second one done with the sit-ups, Toby was the first. He was obviously used to all of this working out. When everyone was done, we had to do a minimum of one hundred lunges.

I was about to start, but then something struck me. She's practically been telling us we could stop whenever we wanted. I stood in my spot and crossed my arms across my chest. Erin stopped her own lunges and stomped over to me.

"Problem?" She asked.

"No. I'm just done exercising."

Everyone's eyes were on Erin, waiting for her to reaction. They thought she was going to explode. She simply smiled at me. "Alright then, Nity. Take a load off."

Pat smirked slightly and sat down. "I'm done."

"Great." Erin said.

Lulu face planted, breathing heavily. "I hate you, Erin." He panted.

"Doesn't everyone?" She said cheerily.

Quinn and Lacy dropped in a heap, sweat dripping from their bodies. Trace stood in place for a few seconds before falling back and lying on his back.

Toby just started doing crunches. The kid was a monster. "You guys are whimps. This is nothing."

"Shut up, Toby." Lulu muttered.

Erin turned back to me. "I was wondering when someone was going to realize they could have stopped whenever they wanted. Glad it was you, Nity."

I mock saluted. "I will never again complain when my dad takes me training."

S.T laughed at us all when he entered the gym. "They finally figured it out, huh?"

"Yup." Erin said. "Took 'em long enough. I was starting to break a sweat."

He looked around at us all, chuckled some more, and said, "Alright, early break. You guys earned it."

No one moved from their spots. Even though I wanted to pass out on the floor like a few of the others had, I knew I wouldn't want to get back up if I did. I stayed standing, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, and resting my hands on top of my head so I could breathe. I mustered up some of my remaining energy and made my way over to Lulu. I helped him off the floor and to a table in the cafeteria. Everyone followed, except for Quinn and Lacy, who were passed out. The kitchen staff brought us some food at S.T's request. Since "our enemies were close", according to Benton, we were training from six in the morning, to eight at night. We got four breaks throughout the day, and were required to drink a bottle of water every hour, on the hour. At noon, on our second break, we ate lunch. In a few minutes, everyone would come to eat dinner.

"There is no way I can do this every day for the next month." Trace complained.

"Month? I thought this was only going to last for the rest of this week." Toby said.

Lulu snorted. "If Benton gets his way, and he usually does, we're going to be doing this every day until we graduate, or until we're under attack."

"Under attack?" I asked. "They wouldn't attack a school, would they?"

Erin looked at me seriously. "Just look at it this way, when in battle, you go for the weakest point of your apponent. Our weakest point is the school, because we have wolves that don't know shit about what they are capable of. Take you and your siblings for instance. The twins' first change was almost a year ago, but they didn't start coming here until after you triplets changed. All five of you don't know the extent of your abilities."

She had my full attention now. "What do you mean?"

"The fist month spent here, is just getting in the swing of things and learning the basics of being a were. After that, you start learning how to control everything; your hearing, sense of smell, sensitivity to others."

I turned to Lulu. "Why are you in the beginners class, then?"

"I didn't change until two months before you showed up here."

"You act like you've been here for longer."

He shrugged, swallowing a bite of his food. "My dad used to bring me here all of the time when I was younger."

"My point is," Erin said, changing the subject back, "When we are under attack, we'll get overtaken and fall, just like what happened to the others."

"What others?" My question went ignored.

"If you're so sure that we're going to lose, what's the point of all of this training?" Lulu asked.

"Benton wants to make our ego's big. That way, we will think that we're badasses, but in reality, we suck deer balls. We'll get ass raped so hard our ancesters will feel it."

"What others?" I asked again, capturing Lulu's chin and turning his head to face me.

He gimnced. "You shouldn't worry about it. Erin doesn't know what she's talking about. You are going to be just fine."

You are going to be just fine... What about everyone else? What about him? They would be alright to, right? Its not like there's going to be a full fedged war outside the school. My dad wouldn't allow it. He wouldn't risk losing one of his children, and neither would my mom. We are their wolrld, and they've said so several times before. Plus, who would want to kill a bunch of kids? We haven't lived long enough to cause any damage... Well, I'm not so sure about Erin, but everyone else has a clean slate. I hadn'te even noticed that the bell had rung. My siblings and their mate's joined us, food in hand. They didn't look as worn out as our group did. They weren't even sweaty.

"What did you guys do?" I asked Stone.

"Watched a few instructors do some tricks and copied them. He had to jog like a mile this morning." He told me.

My jaw dropped. "That's it?!"

"Yeah... What did you do?"

"Five hundred jumps for jump rope, fifty pull-ups, ran five miles, fifty push-ups, fifty sit-ups, and half of a lunge."

"Holy shit! Ashton exclaimed. "You're going to look like the hulk!"

I stood and pulled my shirt up to expose my flat, yet slightly muscled stomach. "Do you see this? I'm already close to having more muscle than Stone!"

"You wish!" Ston stood up as well and pulled up his shirt, showing off this six-pack. "You are never going to look as good as me."

"We're triplets, fuck nut, we look a lot alike." I said loudly, letting my shirt drop back into place.

"Nah, I look way better than you do."

"Well, the, I look better than you." Sienna said.

"I'm pretty sure," Ashton started.

"We're the best looking." Andon finished.

"Yeah right!" Us triplets said as one.

"How about this: You're all fucking ugly." Erin yelled, putting us into silence.

I sat back down and pouted. Lulu found it funny and started laughing along with everyone else at our table. Lulu pulled me into an embrace and kissed the top of my head. Whatever. I knew I was freaking pretty.

********************************************************************* I know this chapter is probably short, but you'll thank me when the next one comes out! I have soooo much planed for it. Hope you're enjoying the story so far. VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22 0 5
Hi, I'm Rebecca and this is my story. Follow me through over a decade of life's twists and turns. Starting from an early childhood through growing up...
316 14 30
A normal yet very talented girl, starts her first year of high school. She was living a great life, until a deep secret reveals and changes her life...
2.7K 329 58
"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the nightmares. Whenever I go, I spread deat...
678 29 29
I am not your typical 16 year-old girl going around obsessing over boy bands and clothes, I can't obsess over those things on a daily when everyday I...