keeper → g. weasley [EDITING]

By heartthrobinn

"we were so drunk on youth, tipsy on our love." ✧✦✧✦ ... More

↝introduction
↝playlist
↝cast
↝one
↝two
↝three
↝four
↝five
↝six
↝seven
↝eight
↝nine
↝ten
↝eleven
↝twelve
↝thirteen
↝fourteen
↝sixteen
↝seventeen
↝eighteen
↝nineteen
↝twenty
↝twenty one
↝twenty two
↝twenty three
↝twenty four
↝twenty five
↝twenty six
↝twenty seven
↝twenty eight
↝twenty nine
↝thirty
↝thirty one
thirty two
thirty three

↝fifteen

10.3K 372 76
By heartthrobinn

  THE LIBRARY WAS ALMOST empty, spare a pair of students at a table near the section on Magical History.

It was a Saturday night and with all this hysteria over the competition, not too many people were keen on starting work just yet.

Mallie found an empty table near the fireplace beside the window, rain was rapping loudly at it's pane.

She placed her bag on the table and splayed her books around where she sat.

The library was beautiful at this time of the night. The fire crackling merrily, the rain singing and the wind heaving against the walls from the outside.

Regardless of the serenity of the environment, Mallie struggled to focus on the essay she was supposed to be writing ("Advantages and Disadvantages of Inter-species Transfiguration"). Eventually she gave up and let mind float wherever it pleased.

Without noticing, she began listening to the conversation of the couple sitting behind her.

She recognized them as two seventh years, Mallie had gathered that they were in conversation about the champions.

It was hard to talk about anything else at this point.

"Yeah, apparently Dumbledore's explaining all the rules and stuff to them." The male voice said.

"For an hour and a half?" The female voice replied.

"Yeah, Mikey told me they'll be let out around midnight. He's been listening at the door. I suppose they're taking so long because they have to discuss whether Potter is gonna be allowed to compete or not ..." 

Mallies head turned up to the large clock lying flat against the wall of the library:

11:25

It would still be another thirty-five minutes before Cedric would be let out, but Mallie needed to talk to him, find out what happened.

She sat another five minutes before deciding that she couldn't sit any more- her mind far too preoccupied to worry about the essay that was due Monday.

She would deal with her bad decision later.

Mallie packed her things and walked out past the couple into the deserted corridors of Hogwarts.

She wandered them for a while before perching herself on a ledge near the gardens.

Mallie muttered a small spell and several shining white numbers appeared before her in the air, stood a moment, and then disintegrated.

11:40

It was at approximately two minutes after that, that Mallie heard voices echoing down the corridor, and this time she did recognize them.

Before she could get up to follow them, the voices grew louder and their owners managed to follow down the corridor that Mallie was perched.

"Mallie?" George asked as she came into view.

"What are you doing down here so late?" Fred chuckled curiously.

Mallie smiled at them, glad to have company for atleast a few moments.

"I'm waiting for Cedric," She replied, "What are you guys doing out so late?"

Fred held up a white envelope, "Mailing something."

Mallie thought back to the time, the owlery was only a couple minutes walk.

"I'll join you guys before I head to the Hall, if that's okay? I've got a bit of time before he's done anyway."

They both nodded and so, the three quickly fell into light conversation towards the owlery.

"What do you think about Harry's name coming outta the Goblet?" Fred asked.

Mallie shrugged, "I know it's unfair. But I don't think he could've gotten it entered on his own, there must be something up. Someone must be trying to sabotage Cedric, or maybe even Harry himself."

George nodded, "You're right, something is up. I think they'll still make him compete though."

Soon, the owlery came into view, Mallie passing through the thin doorway first and Fred leaning up to wake up one of the school's tawny owls a few rows above their heads.

A cold wind chased around the open owlery and all the owls were tucked under their wings for warmth.

It was Mallie's favourite spot in the castle. She leaned against the damp rock and leaned out the stone archway that offered a view over the grounds.

As the rain had now slowed to barely nothing, she could just see Hogwarts over the thin sheet of mist.

Lights shon from a few points around the castle, from common rooms, kitchens and staff quarters: all lighting the empty grounds just enough for Mallie to admire it.

She felt a lean body press against her side, too, leaning to see outside the window.

"It's stunning isn't it?" Mallie asked, in awe.

A warm stare grazed her cheek, Mallie    averted her shining eyes from the view and onto the boy standing next to her.

Her eyes fell on the line of freckles under his left eye.

George, turning only slightly red, quickly pulled his stare from her face and looked over the grounds.

"Yeah, yeah.. it is." He replied.

Mallie still hadn't stopped looking at him, "It's a bit chilly out here don't you think?"

George's eyes had still not come back to meet Mallie's, but he nodded.

Her fingers reached to the knot under her chin, undoing it carefully and pulling the black cloak from her shoulders.

She leaned forward and wrapped the cloak back around it's owner, tying the knot under Georges chin.

By now, he had been staring for almost too long at her dark eyelashes and how they shon under the small light of the castle from beyond the window.

Mallie looked up, "There you are, to keep you warm."

George was looking at her again. This time, his gaze unwavering.

Mallie immediately felt shy under his gaze and instinctively began rubbing her hands down her jeans to warm them up.

"Here," George grabbed Mallie's hands, and locked them in between his larger ones.

They were warm and the heat began to sink into Mallie's hands.

She looked up at him again, "Thanks."

"Anytime."

An immediate and startling cough forced it's way through the still air.

Fred, who had been watching the encounter for a few minutes, stood with a shit-eating smirk on his face.

Mallie jumped at Fred's closeness and pulled her hands from George's.

George cleared his throats awkwardly and began scratching the back of his neck, "What Fred?"

"It's sent."

George nodded, avoiding looking directly either at Mallie (who'd only just realized how that might've looked) or Fred (who's grin was growing by the second.)

Mallie pulled out her wand again, muttering her time-telling spell:
11:57

She gasped, "I have to go, or I'll miss  Cedric."

They nodded as she frantically exited the owlery.

"See you guys tomorrow!" Mallie called over her shoulder as she jogged back towards the castle.

George watched Mallie's figure disappear into the darkness of the castle and then looked back at Fred: he was still smirking as though he had just admitted to having poisoned Snape's drinking water.

"Oh shut it, you git." George shoved him before walking off aswell.

"I didn't say anything!" Fred laughed.

××××

ayyoo,

Managed to plow through this chap pretty quickly, I really enjoyed writing the owlery scene. Fred is totally the captain of this ship (Gallie? Joheasley?)

much love,

-Mel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.1K 12
George Weasley x OC steamy fic. Felicity Mellor had always had a crush on George and what better time to act on it than their second to last summer...
4.5K 166 22
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
32.2K 1.3K 13
❝ 𝙒𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙇𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨, ❞ ❝ 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚 �...
1.2K 106 10
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...