↝seventeen

THE FRIENDS DOVE HEARTILY into the food placed before them, shovelling down as much food as their stomachs would allow until the feast ended

And after it had, Dumbledore bid the champions his final wishes of good luck and the students began filing out of the Hall.

Mallie walked alongside Scarlette, who was rambling about (not boys for once) how unfair it was that they were given work over the holidays.

"I mean, do these teachers have absolutely nothing better than to give me seven hundred and sixty four inch essays to write on Bezoars!" She complained, exasperated.

"No kidding, In History of Mag--" Mallie stopped when she was bumped sideways causing her to collide sideways with Scarlette.

Her eyes searched for the culprit, but the shit-eating grin of the tallest boy in the corridor was hard to miss.

Mallie rolled her eyes, "Ugh, you again?" She teased.

"Unfortunately," He replied, shrugging as his grinning twin walked up beside him.

Mallie noticed Fred and immediately moved to his side and wrapped her arm around his waist (the highest her hug could reach really), "Freddie!" She exclaimed. "My favourite twin."

George pulled a face, his mouth twisted in a frown.

By now, the large flock of students had dispersed for the most part- with the Ravenclaw and the Slytherin common rooms passed behind them.

The last few still heading to their common rooms were the Gryffindors and the Hufflepuffs, and Scarlette.

Mallie couldn't remember the last time Scarlette slept in the Slytherin common room.

She spent most of the rest of the walk announcing her preference of Fred over his twin until they reached the fork where the Gryffindors left to bed.

Mallie and Scarlette bid them goodnight but when the twins had walked about four or so feet away, Mallie quickly ran up and grabbed George's arm spinning him around.

She wrapped her arms around his waist, "You know I'm kidding, right?" And whispered for only him to hear.

He draped his arms over her and squeezed lightly, "I know."

George then leaned down and placed a soft peck on her temple, so soft Mallie would have missed it if she wasn't concentrating, and let go.

He then walked off to catch up with his brother, and Mallie turned around to face a smirking Scarlette.

"What?" Mallie asked.

"He's so into you." Scarlette replied simply.

"I-- uh, no he isn't .." Mallie managed to splutter, she looked around to make sure no one was eavesdropping.