Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 77」

317 9 8
By lazilazuli

"What'd you buy?" you turned to Taehyung, asking.

"Don't worry about it," he said.

You pouted. "But, why?" Your steps came to a halt, along with his.

Turning back to you, the young male took those few steps closer until he was towering right over you. "Do you really wanna know what I've got in this bag?" His intense gaze had taken you completely captive as it usually did whenever he and you were face to face.

"Yes?" you nearly squeaked in response. 'He's too close.' So close your heart already pounding fiercely against your rib cage.

Before you knew it, Taehyung's lips were only centimeters apart from yours. It seemed like he was going for a kiss with those parted lips of his, but instead, he just asked, "do you really, really want to know?"

He was doing it again. That thing where it felt as if he was sucking away your very breath. 'Please, back up. I'm still supposed to be angry with you right now.' But how in the world could you focus on being angry when the lips you loved to kiss were right in front of you for the taking.

"Jiyeong," he whispered your name so calmly that you shrunk back away from him.

"Yes?" you looked up at him through your fluttering lashes and answered.

"I'm not gonna tell you, yet, so keep patient until I do, okay?" Taking a step in the opposite direction, Taehyung turned his back on you and started walking again.

As soon as he left your side, you took that inhale to restore the air back in your lungs. 'That was close.' You placed a hand over your chest to try and calm you raving heart. 'I was about 2 seconds away from kissing him.'

"Hurry, before I leave you!" he shouted.

"I--I'm coming!" you called back. Taking one more second to calm yourself, you started jogging to try and catch up to him. But he was actually a bit further along than you. 'Stupid legs,' you cursed his long limbs.

"Jiyeong, can we stop here?" Taehyung stopped once again, but this time, pointing to the shop on his left. "They look like they've got some interesting stuff inside."

"M'kay," you nodded. "Let's go."

With a few looks around, you two soon realized that you were in an accessories shop. You thought Taehyung was going to wander around for a bit, but it looked like he had a particular spot picked out. Towards the sunglasses.

When you came up behind him, he was just turning the swivel rack round and round, passing and searching until his eyes finally laid on a particular pair. When he picked up and slid them on his face, into the mirror he looked.

'He looks really good in those,' you thought, observing him from the mirror.

'These look nice,' he thought. 'I'll think I'll get 'em.' Taehyung then turned to you, while sliding the glasses off his face. "After I pay for these, we can go."

You followed him to the line for the cashier and stood in wait with him. While you were waiting, Taehyung took out his wallet to check how much it was that he had, but it judging from the way he stared at it and placed it back in his wallet, it didn't seem to be a lot.

"What's wrong?"

"Seems like I don't have enough to get this and pay for my lunch," he explained. "Oh well," he shrugged. I'm gonna go put this back." And he did. After putting the glasses back, Taehyung returned to you, trying to usher you back outside, but you wouldn't let him.

"Wait a second," you stopped him. "Um, I just saw something cute over there," you pointed in a random direction of the store. "Some--some earrings! Yeah, a really cute pair. I want it."

"Do you want me to wait here with y--"

"No," you shook your head. "I'll just grab it and go."

"Wait," he lowered his tone for you and him only to hear.

His pause got you a bit nervous. Did he figure out what it was that you were going to do? So soon?

"You don't plan on stealing from here, right?"

You rolled your eyes, yet relieved that he didn't figure you out. "Of course, not! I've got the money to pay," you dug in your purse and fished out your wallet. "I'll be quick, so wait for me outside."

"Alright," he agreed.

Fortunately for you, Taehyung didn't pry into your awkward behavior and just went to stand outside.

'Now, to get those sunglasses.' You made sure that with every few steps you took that Taehyung's back was still turned towards the shop. Quickly, you snatched up the glasses and hurried towards the line. "Good." A little rush of excitement ran through you as you thought about secretly getting them for him.

After purchasing the sunglasses, you met back up with him outside. "Got 'em," you rang, holding up the bag.

"Let me see," he went to peek inside your bag, but didn't get to actually do so with the way you suddenly snatched the back out of his sight.

"You'll see them when I feel like showing them to you."

Taehyung blanked out for a bit before chuckling after you. "Alright, I get what you're doing here. Shall we go now?" with a nod, the both of you started walking again.

  "Oh, I just remembered," Jimin's eyes grew in realization and the both of them turned to him. "It's Christmas day back home." 

"Oh, you're right," Minji realized it herself.

"I'll just leave a message for our followers then." Pulling out his phone and going to twitter, Jimin typed a quick tweet to everyone back at home who were celebrating at the moment. "Okay, let's keep going. We've only got an hour left before we're supposed to meet back up with the rest.

"Ah," this time it was Minji's interest that had been piqued. Letting her eyes lead and her feet follow, Minji walked over to a shop where they had tons of bags put out on display. But a particular bag, of course, stood out to her the most. It was a black strap bag with the words 'Hawaii' written all over it in blue. "I could get this as a souvenir," she said, picking up the bag. "Or even just to wear out."

"What do you guys think?" she turned to them, with it hanging off her shoulder.

Well, of course, Jimin wanted to be the first to give his opinion. "It looks good on you," he beamed. "You should get it."

Minji couldn't help but smile. "Ya think?" she looked down at herself once more. But then she suddenly remembered. She hadn't asked for a certain person's opinion. "Uh, Jungkook," she turned to him shyly, "what do you think? Should I get it?"

Jimin's brightly lit smile started to dim. 'What is she asking Jungkook for? Is my opinion really not good enough or something?'

"It looks nice," Jungkook started, "but how much is it?"

Minji looked back to where she got it from and saw a price tag written over the section. "$15," she said.

"Will you have enough to get yourself something to eat?"

"Oh..." She then looked down at the bag with disappointment. "You make a good point. Maybe I can swing back again before we leave to get it," she muttered, as she placed the bag back on its rightful hook.

Jimin couldn't believe it. He looked towards his dongsaeng, who suddenly seemed to have more weight in his words than he did. And the way she looked at Jungkook just now. What was with that look on her face?

'She looked kind of shy.'

Jimin then got reminded of not too long ago, when Minji suddenly got flustered over Jungkook's words. And then yesterday at the beach. Even now when he thought about it, she still looked a bit too cheerful. He was starting to think that the good mood they were in, had nothing to do with that hearty laugh of hers.

'What's with her?' he pondered. Why was it that Jungkook's words affected her more than his? Jimin's mind then wondered all the way back to that day where Kyunghee came to their group to try and expose Minji's secret crush.

''J'...' If he were to really think about it, Jin's name actually started with an 'S', so that really only left the options for himself and Jungkook. And when the weird signs that he saw collided with the remaining options, it just made the poor male's heartache with discomfort.

'There's no way. She can't. We've gotten a lot closer these past few weeks, so...' But what his head wanted to deny, his heart wouldn't allow him to. To say the least, Jimin was feeling indifferent about this entire picture.

"Jiminie hyung, are you coming?"

Jimin was snapped back from his poisonous thoughts and brought back to reality again. "You guys can go on. I'll catch up in a second."

"Why? You thinking of getting something?"

"Yeah," he said, turning his back on him.

"What about food? Whatever it is, can't it wait until after we get lunch?"

'No, it can't.' "Just go, I'll catch up in a bit."

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders, "if that's what you want. We won't walk too fast, so you can catch up quicker. Come on, Minji."

"Okay," Minji gave Jimin one last glance over before getting a head start with Jungkook.

Making sure that they were gone, Jimin took the same bag off the hook and went inside to show it to the cashier. And with the best English he could offer said, "excuse me, I would like to buy this, please."

Well, 2 hours had finally passed, and it was time to regroup once more. After coming together, it was finally time to decide where it was that they should eat. Ideas were thrown here and there, but they weren't enough for the group to decide on. Half the group wanted to try eating this, and the other that. And just when you all had just about no more options, Minji's phone buzzed in her pocket.

'A smiley face? What the hell does a smiley face, mean?!' Next thing Minji knew she was getting a text to go to her uncle's resturaunt. All of a sudden, the worse case scenario popped up in Minji's head. 'She can't be.' There's no way she was crazy enough. "Hey, guys..." Minji spoke up. 'There's only one way to find out though.' "I know a place where we can get some really good burgers."

"Really?" you all looked at her.

"Yeah," she nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
6.2K 83 111
What happens when you have to chose between Taehyung and Jung-kook? Or do you? Jung-kook: the playboy who is also your okder sisters boyfriend and a...
29.8K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...
59.4K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...