The Storm Empire (Completed)

By SoulSkye

The age of humans have passed, and the only survivors still lure around Arian, searching for a chance of life... More

Guide to Arian
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
About the Authors

Chapter 7

2 0 0
By SoulSkye

The camp oozed with blood that belonged to both warriors of the Ash and Storm Kingdom. Injured Storm warriors were tied up and gagged, then placed in a line in front of Dawn.

"What in Arian happened here?" Gray mumbled as she began to enter into the camp.

Lark tugged her back, "No! Don't. For now, we have to stay hidden until we know what's going on. They might be hostages.

Gray looked at him, then nodded softly. Together, they scurried off to a nearby bush to observe the scene. Even Red was at the mercy of the okami. As she glanced around the camp, her heart dropped. Some of her clanmates were not there, which gave her hope. However, there was Acorn, Frost, Silent, Sparrow, Eclipse, Fawn, Speckle, and lots more cats. She also saw Crystal, who was the only one nearly uninjured.

They both met glances.

"What should I do?" Gray mouthed silently.

Crystal held up her tied hands. "Untie me," She mouthed back. Gray ran quickly and untied her ropes when the guards weren't looking. Crystal grabbed the hands of Gray then she ran and Lark followed, back to the bush.

There were Ash guards at the end of each line, all holding metal swords and shields. They had began to notice the empty spot in which Crystal was sitting in. Looking confused, they walked over then began to mumble something.

"Back to your guarding posts now!" The voice that belonged to Dawn rung out, making each neko shiver at her stern tone. The guards nodded, then scurried back to where they were standing.

"I know you're all scared," Dawn continued to speak in front of all of the tied up nekos, "That's why I'm offering you all a way out of this. What you have to do is very simple; quit your clan here, and join ours."

Red, who was gagged, narrowed his eyes and began kicking his feet.

"Shut him up," Dawn nodded to one of the guards. One of them walked over, then beat him with a wooden staff.

"No!" Gray abruptly said aloud. Crystal shushed her.

Some guards looked over at the bushes for a few moments then turned back.

"So, who would like to join Ash and claim their new identity?" Dawn raised an eyebrow. When she saw no one offering themselves, she began to growl, "Alright then, it's your choice. We'll kill your kits, one by one. Your elders are next. Then the queens, the healers, the apprentices, and finally the warriors. We'll save your leader and deputies for last, so that they can watch their family die in front of their very eyes. Where is Gray anyway? I haven't seen her."

"This is sickening," Lark hissed, "Should I call Pluto over for help?"

Gray looked at the scene, then turned back to Lark, "Yeah, we really need it."

Lark nodded, then took off, the knife on his belt jiggling as he ran. Gray put her head in her hands, then looked at Crystal for help.

"What should I do?" Gray mumbled, "This is all my fault for lying."

"No, it isn't," answered Crystal. "It would've happened either way. Now you helped. You gave us allies."

Gray shook her head, "No, it is my fault. If I didn't leave, then I would've protected the camp."

"It wouldn't have helped."

"It's my fault, my responsibility. And now I'll pay for it," Gray stood up, making herself visible in front of all of the nekos who widened their eyes when they saw her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Crystal gasped, as she tugged her sister down.

Gray looked at her sister. It might be the last time they would see each other. At least she would know that her sacrifice was meant to benefit the clan. Deep down, she prayed to the heavens, hoping that Crystal would live well without her.

"Gray! There she is" Dawn narrowed her eyes, as she beckoned the guards to her, "Capture her, ishabick illumpos!"

"Wait!" Gray held up a hand, "I have something to tell the clan." She faced towards the nekos, who all wore anxious faces,

"It's my fault that you're all tied up. I lied.. About last night. I lied for a friend, and I thought it was to do good, but obviously I was wrong. About Ash empire in our territory.. That was a lie too. I feel like I owe you all the truth, so here it goes. Me, Crystal and Acorn went to meet with a phantom named Lark. He was in the shadow empire and offered-"

"The shadow empire?!" Dawn repeated, almost as if the word was forbidden. She turned back to the Storm warriors, "Listen to this! Your leader is making contact with an empire that was cast out decades ago! This is against the heavens."

Crystal breathed in, stepping out herself. She could see many of the nekos had joined the okami. She could feel the cold grip on her heart, as if they had died. They might as well be dead. They didn't mean any to her anymore if they were to turn into okami.

"A cast out empire? They seem to be good people. Tales from millions of years ago do not apply to now," Crystal spat out. "You were the one who said that only children would believe tales of heaven. You shouldn't be talking, overgrown puppy."

Dawn snarled, "Take her and tie her up, Night! Iron, you tie up Gray!"

Iron sneered as he approached Gray. Then, he tied up both of her hands with a sturdy rope.

Crystal resisted Night's hold, knowing that she could use her abilities if needed. What were her sister's abilities? She remembered that one was teleportation. Would that be enough? What were the consequences again? One of her own abilities was crystal manipulation, but that would make her extremely weak after. Ugh! Memory share was useless except as a distraction. Maybe if she plunged a diamond into their hearts...

Her thoughts ended when she realized it was too late. Both of them were already tied up, and forced onto the ground.

"Last chance," Dawn smirked to the Storm warriors, "A chance to get away from your manipulative, lying leader and join me."

The only reply was silence. Nekos looked back and forth at each other, as if their loyalties were placed on the spot. However no one dared leave, for the wrath of the heavens would be much more painful than the death they would face.

Dawn stood for a few more seconds before nodding to Night, "Kill them." Night held up a knife, then walked up to one of the kits named Isa, who also happened to be Silent's daughter.

"NO!" Silent screeched, "That's my daughter! Don't hurt her! TAKE ME INSTEAD! Please, PLEASE!" She was desperate, eyes flashing with hopelessness.

Dawn narrowed her eyes, "You might as well shut your mouth, because we're killing you anyway."

Night gave her a sneer, before sliding the knife through Isa's neck and letting the blood ooze out. Everyone watched in horror, even Dawn, who quickly covered the expression up with a forced, evil smile. Something inside of Silent broke, as the screams disappeared and life drained from her daughter's usually bright eyes. Night moved on to the next kit. Then, after killing all of the kits, he walked over to the apprentices. Placing the edge of his knife on Honeypaw's neck, he began to slide it across.

Suddenly, a scream erupted from outside the camp. Night loosened his grip on Honeypaw then looked around. Dawn sniffed the air, but before she could give a command, Pluto lept from the skullrock and gave a loud snarl. Dawn fell, as his weight smushed her to the ground.

She widened her eyes then shrieked, "ASHCLAN, ATTACK!"

Iron, who drew out his spear, slashed his knife against Lark, who suddenly appeared beside Pluto. Luckily, he dodged to the side before drawing out his sword and digging it into Iron's heart. Iron collapsed onto the ground with his eyes fixed into a sullen darkness, as his life perished.

More phantoms appeared, one by one. Dawn panted heavily when she saw the abundance of enemy warriors coming her way. She felt a chill in the air. All of them had pitch black hair and pupils. A shiver crept down her back as she saw the strange things that lay down their spine. They were in the shape of a spider's legs, but they were like cold metal, shiny and carefully shaped. They were razor sharp, with an evil glint to them.

At the same time, Crystal knew they were her allies. Even with this, she felt a despair creep down her back. The invisible weights on her back seemed to become even more heavy.

"There's too many of them," Night wiped his hand on his forehead as he approached Dawn, "We have no other choice but to retreat."

Dawn snarled, "I don't take orders from you, and I sure as hell won't give in to these pesky creatures."

"Iron's dead," Night glared at her, "What do you care more about? Your warrior's lives or victory with a cost?"

Dawn stood angrily, as she flexed her claws.

"RETREAT!" She yelled, and the okamis fighting immediately stopped. They picked up their bloody weapons, then stormed out of the camp.

"Happy now?" Dawn muttered to Night, as she marched past him. Night rolled his eyes, picked up his sword, then followed his leader out of the Storm empire's camp.

Crystal gestured towards Pluto and he untied her ropes and gag. She felt her wrists, which burned like fire. She of all people knew what that felt like. Quickly, she untied Gray and the rest of the nekos.

The warriors of Storm empire stared silently at the ground. The majority pertained severe wounds, and were immediately sent to Eclipselight's den. Lots of kits laid on the ground, their unmoving body feeding into the horrendous scene. Red looked at his hand, which swelled with multiple cuts. He dropped his sword on the ground, and quietly looked at Gray, who fixed her gaze on the ruins of the camp.

Gray saw Red mutter something under his breath, then take off into the deputy's den. The whole clan is mad at me, Gray couldn't push the thought away. This is all my fault.

"Gray," Gray turned around, and saw Pluto holding a sword in his hands. The sword reflected the vibrant sun, but dripped with crimson blood that covered its beauty,

"I'm glad to have helped, but me and my clan are going to take off now," Pluto dipped his head, then beckoned his warriors, "If you need any assistance in the future, we'll be happy to help."

"Thanks," Gray murmured softly, before watching him drift away.

"Gray. The healers need more herbs," Crystal said, the blood staining her clothing.

"I don't think she even cares," The voice belonged to Dew, "Maybe we need a new leader...one who doesn't lie to us. Don't you think?"

"Don't you dare say that about my sister," hissed Crystal, eyes flashing with memories that made her smile. Ones that told her where her loyalty lay. "I know for a fact you lie as well. If she told the clan, then would you say, 'we understand'? No. You are merely whiny kits who need to GROW UP!"

"Don't you dare call me that! She's only treating you nice because you're her sister. BUT DON'T YOU KNOW?! Haven't you seen the trouble she's caused already?" Dew snapped.

Gray shook her head, "Dew, please listen-"

"MY KITS ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!" Silent screamed, as she suddenly appeared. A group warriors started to gather around Gray. They began to mutter insults, as the mob continued to increase in size.

"Do you really think 2 more people would've helped? You're just using her as a scapegoat!" Crystal's clear and crisp, high-pitch and sharp voice ran through the crowd.

"And you're just giving her an excuse!" A warrior shot from the crowd, "Our kits are dead because of her!"

"Do you really think that Dawn would've listened to her? The wolves are at fault not our leader!" Crystal shot back.

"She's not my leader anymore," spat out Silent, "Don't even think about it. She doesn't deserve us. We can do better than this kitty clan!"

Frost suddenly appeared in the midst of all of the commotion, "Where's Strikepaw and Thunderpaw? I've looked through all of the bodies, but can't find them anywhere."

"They're probably dead!" Dew yelped, her voice breaking, "And we will be too if we continue to stay in this hellhole! I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving this clan."

Silent nodded in agreement, as other warriors looked at each other, wondering if they should do the same.

"You're all selfish mousebrains!" Frost thundered, "Stop yapping, and help me find them!"

It was too late. Half of the warriors walked out of the camp, carrying either broken or dented weapons in their hands.

"Red sent them to the kit's den," Crystal tried her best to assure them. She had a bad feeling about this but didn't say anything, in fear of aggravating the commotion even more. Frost nodded, and together they ran to the den. Gray soon followed along with Red, who finally exited his den.

The den was obviously raided. Moss soaked with blood scattered around the dusty floors. On the ground were two compact bodies, which were the colors white and brown. Red walked over, and gasped when he saw the eyes of his apprentice Strikepaw, as well as her sister Thunderpaw.

"NO!" Crystal's scream pierced the air. The sharp knife of grief pierced through her heart again. Streams of tears fall down her cheek. She did her best to hold back her tears. Red, on the other hand, stood silently as he gazed over his fallen apprentice's body.

"Oh my Arian," Frost muttered, as she held her hand to her heart.

Crystal walked up to him, cradling Thunderpaw in her arms. Blood stained her white hair, slowly soaking until her hair glinted a dull crimson. "Thunder..." She could feel the pain of the friendly girl's death gripping her heart. She drew the sword out of her body. It slid out easily.

"Hold on a minute," Red held up a hand, "That sword that was in Thunderpaw's body... and the knife that was in Strikepaw's neck. Can I see them?"

Crystal handed him both weapons, than he observed them. The familiar, black handle of the knife shone in his hands. The sword that had a blade dull with blood, but the blue handle still was beautifully intricate.

"These weapons," Red spoke, "These are our weapons."

Then, Crystal glare at the sword and hit it against the wall, breaking the blade in half. After, Crystal felt her everything enhancing. She could feel something faint.

"Do you know what this means? It means that they either killed themselves or.. Someone used the weapons we gave them to murder Strikepaw and Thunderpaw," Red explained.

"Why would the wolves do that?" Gray inquired.

Red took a deep breath, then looked her right in the eyes, "Because the person who killed them, didn't want us to know who he or she was. Maybe the person who killed them wasn't even a wolf. Maybe he or she was just taking advantage of this whole situation to sneak in and murder them."

"But why would someone want to murder two innocent apprentices?" Frost acknowledged.

Something about this felt wrong to Crystal and Gray. The okami just murdered all of the kits in front of the entire kingdom, or at least the base of the kingdom. Why would they hide these tracks?

The den suddenly grew quiet, as numerous possibilities wandered in Gray's mind.

"Mommy?" A squeaky voice echoed in the den. All four nekos turned around, and gasped when they saw a kit. The kit had chestnut colored fur, and ocean blue eyes. She was hiding under a pile of moss.

Red ran up to the kit, seeing his chest go up and down just a bit. Streams of blood ran down his eyes, but the important thing was that the kit was safe.

"She must've hid in the den, while the wolves raided it," Frost muttered, "What's your name, little one?"

The kit wailed, "W-w-webkit."

"Webkit," Frost repeated the name while smiling, "That's a beautiful name. And who's your mother?"

"I don't have one. I don't have a father either.. B-b-but my aunt is Silent," Web mewed, while clutching under the pile of moss.

"Frost," Gray approached the co-deputy and leaned in to her, "If she was hiding here, then she probably knows who killed Strikepaw and Thunderpaw."

Frost nodded, then turned back to the small kit, "Webkit, did you see anyone come in here and kill two apprentices?"

Webkit shook her head, "N-no. I'm blind."

Gray looked at Frost, who looked back at her and they both exchanged glances.

"She can't even see, Frost. This is useless, we should probably go and start rebuilding the camp," Gray muttered.

"Let's give her a chance," Frost muttered back, before kneeling down so that she was face to face with the small kit, "Webkit, did you hear anyone come in here and kill Strikepaw and Thunderpaw?"

Webkit shook her head, "I didn't recognize the voice, but I heard footsteps. Then I heard Strikepaw scream, and two slashing sounds. Oh, and I also heard one other thing..."

"And what was that?" Gray perked her ears.

Web shrugged, "I heard a deep voice say the word Pebble."

Crystal looked at Gray, who stared at her intensely,

"What?" Gray mumbled, "Are you sure the voice said Pebble?"

"Pretty sure. Can I go play outside now?" Web squealed. Frost nodded, then took the kit out of the den.

Crystal crossed her arms, "This day just gets weirder and weirder."

"Yeah.. I'm gonna go out and help collect the bodies." Red remarked, before zooming off.

Gray sighed, "I'm tired of hearing the word Pebble. I don't know what's going on, but I just don't want to hear it."

"Just go take a break, sis." Crystalfur exclaimed, "You've been working your tail off for the past couple of hours. Go take a nap, and I'll handle things."

Gray nodded, "Thanks."

"Anytime," Crystal smiled, "You go on ahead, I just need a couple of minutes by myself."

Gray padded out of the den, and Crystal took a deep breath, enjoying the silence. She let her thoughts wash over her. It wasn't Gray's fault. She hadn't know this would happen. She didn't know that Crystal's apprentice would die. Nothing was her fault. So why should she blame her? She wouldn't change the fate. The only thing that would've happened was that the phantom would have never come to save them and they would have been massacred. Gray did the right thing. She did nothing wrong.

Crystal took one glance at her apprentice, Thunderpaw. She kneeled by her side and prayed.

For the Heavens,

Please take care of my dearest apprentice. He was always kindly and and her golden heart truly shone through. He never pouted and he kept with me, trying to do good until the end. He was the best apprentice I could ask for. He even saved the life of one child in the end. I also pray that the others may see the truth and my sister may break free from those chains. May the enthusiastic Strikepaw also always be happy. You two littermates always should be happy. Never ever regret anything in your lives.

May everyone be granted peace in death.

Crystal smiled, lifting her head, mind clear and eyes bright. In the end, everything had been made clear by this battle. From where her loyalties lay to how she would live her life, she wouldn't regret a thing. However, something deep inside of her doubted it all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.9K 30
Realene Ariana Walker. Only daughter of Sophia and Derek Walker. Her parents died from rouges and her older brothers turned against her. Leaving her...
12.7K 644 34
"When the blood covers the moon, peace will drown in the ashes of war." The traveling cats have returned to the mountains with an entire new Clan, St...
900 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...
181K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...