Untold

بواسطة dallass78

We are all sitting on the dinning table. My father asking us about our day, my mother smiling at us, while my... المزيد

Main Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: Goodbye Home
Chapter 2 : Donut
Chapter 3: Room 314
Chapter 4: Detention
Chapter 5: Stay away
Chapter 6: Angel
Chapter 7: Shortie
Chapter 8: Bruises
Chapter 9: Racism
Chapter 10: Cookies
Chapter 11: Questions
Chapter 13: I'm Tired
Chapter 14: Mall
Chapter 15: Popcorn
Chapter 16: Lettie

Chapter 12: Bunny

195 99 226
بواسطة dallass78

Recap:

A few minutes later, I hear the door slide open.

Quickly, I wipe the tears off my cheek using my shirt and turn around. 

-

A lot is on my mind. School, how i'm supposed to afford school, money, him, practice, just everything. I just need a long nap, forever. I miss those happy days where I was with my family, at home. The days where we were all together. I would do anything just to spend one day like that again. 

I'm interrupted from my thoughts by Gabriel, who worriedly asks, "Violet, are you okay? You've been out here for a long time, and I just wanted to check on you." 

He must've seen or heard me crying, there's no way in a billion years he would actually care if I was okay or not. 

I must've zoned out again for a moment, because he asks again, "Seriously, you're starting to creep me out. What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, nothing is wrong." I answer.

He shakes his head, and opens his mouth to say, "Now that, is the biggest lie anyone could tell. I, for one, have my own experience with this. I can tell you're upset about something."

As shallow as he seems, he may actually have a heart deep down. But there's no possible way I'm ever telling him anything, or anyone. I'd rather keep everything bottled inside, than have what happened at my previous schools happen again.

"I'm not upset, Gabriel. I'm just not in the mood." I say.

He nods, and leans over beside me to look at the empty neighborhood in front of us.

We stay quiet for a while, until he breaks the silence. "It's a nice neighborhood, how long have you lived here?"

I tilt my head to my right, and look at him. He's still looking in front of him. His jawline is angled perfectly, why can't mine be like that? *sobs*

"A while." I reply.

He lightly chuckles and says, "Okay."

We stand there, neither of us speaking a word. A few minutes later, I hear a car coming down the street, as it gets closer, I get a clear vision of it and quickly realize who it is. Quickly, I grab Gabriel and attempt to pull him down to the floor with me.

I catch him off guard, and before I successfully pull him down with me, he looses his balance and falls, landing on his butt. It was hilarious.

He looks at me and angrily asks, "What the hell did you do that for?!!!" 

Rolling my eyes, I answer "My brother, you idiot. He's home. If he saw you, things would've been ten times worse than they would've been with my mother had if she had seen you."

He nods, "My butt is on fire. Make it better." He whines.

I look at him, "Gabriel, do I look like some sort of magician doctor? Stop whining, it'll get better."

He rolls his eyes and mutters an okay.

I decide to head inside, it was getting a bit chilly. I take a quick peek at the street, and see my brother's car parked. He must've went inside. I look at the idiot on the floor, and point to the door. He understands what I mean, and quickly gets up. I slide the door open, and we head inside.

"Stay here, and don't make any noise. I'm going downstairs." I whisper to Gabriel. He nods as I open the door, and head downstairs.

I spot Tate in the kitchen, so I quickly rush in and crush him in a hug.

Tate is the middle child. He's 21, and currently studies in college and works two jobs in between. I wonder how he manages all that pressure sometimes, but he's full of surprises. We have a really close relationship, with constant pranks and jokes. Although we fight a lot just like any other siblings, we never stay mad at each other longer than a few minutes. It's like neither of us could be serious around one another. We're also very close with our oldest brother, Mo. Unfortunately, not as close as we used to be. He's overseas, studying in college as well. We still talk daily, but it could never compare to being together in real life. I hope I get to see him and my father one day.

I finally let go and ask him, "How was your day, Anything exciting?" 

"It was great, little one. I actually have a surprise for you. Close your eyes, and open your hands." He says.

I grin, and quickly close my eyes. I love surprises, I mean who doesn't? As long as it's a good surprise. 

I feel something very soft be placed on my hands. A million ideas rush through my mind, it must be a stuffed animal, but then it moves, and I shriek.

"No, Violet don't yell. It scares him, and open your eyes."

I open my eyes, and find the tiniest and cutest bunny peacefully sleeping on my hand. My heart is about to melt from the amount of cuteness I'm holding, literally.

I look at Tate with a huge smile, and carefully whisper "For me?"

He nods, and then says "He's all yours, and name him whatever you want. He may be a little shy at first, but then when he gets used to you, he'll be very fun."

One of the jobs Tate works, is at a pet store. He must've got this little guy from there. I carefully set him down in his cage, along with his toys. 

"Thank you so much Tate, this is the best surprise ever. I'll take good care of him." I say, with a smile.

I see my mom heading into the kitchen to join us. She stops midway, and shrieks. "KIDS!!!! WHAT IS A RABBIT DOING IN MY KITCHEN?" 

"Mom, no don't scream. It scares him." Tate and I both say at the same time. We look at each other, and break into a fit of laughter.

My mom isn't a huge fan of pets, it's not that she's scared of them or that she doesn't like them. She just hates the responsibility that come along with owning a pet. When I had my dog, Chelsey. She never disliked her, she was very close with her. In fact, sometimes I thought she liked her more than me. But Chelsey passed away last year, she left behind her three puppies which I never got to keep. They were adopted by three different families. I still wish to this day, that I got to keep one of them. But I couldn't.

"Kids, can one of you please explain why there is a rabbit in our house?" She asks.

"Tate got it as a surprise, please mom, let me keep him. I promise I'll take care of everything. You won't have to do anything, I'll do everything needed. Just please, let me keep him." I plead.

She pauses for a while to think, and finally says. "Fine, you get to keep him as long as you keep your promise."

I rush over to her, and hug her. "Thank you so much mom, I promise I'll keep it. You're the best."

She smiles, "I'll do anything to make you happy sweetie. Goodnight now, I'm going to bed."

Tate and I both nod, and she leaves.

I open my mouth to speak, but I get interrupted by my mom who yells from the top of the stairs, "Violet, I need to borrow your charger. Mine broke today and I need to charge my phone."

Oh no, Gabriel is in the room, she can't go in there and see him. That would be the end of my life, and most probably his. "No mom wait!!" I say, as I quickly rush outside the kitchen, and run upstairs praying that I get there in time to stop her. But as soon as I arrive, she goes inside. I stand there, frozen in shock not knowing what to do. This is it, this is the moment my entire life had led to. Tell my family I love them and whatever friends I have left, because there's no way I'll survive my mother's wrath after she discovers I'm hiding a boy in my room in the middle of the night.

A few minutes pass, and she comes outside and looks at me with wide eyes. She finally says, "Sweetie, what's wrong? You look very pale. If you're worried about the mess in your room, it's okay. You can clean it up tomorrow." 

What is she talking about, how is she not screaming at me yet. How could she not see him, he's literally sitting in the middle of my room.

I snap back into reality, and quickly say, "Okay mom, you got me there. Goodnight."

She gives me a quick hug, and goes to her room. I peek inside my room, and realize Gabriel isn't there. Where could he be? I shut my room door, and say "You can come out now, she's gone." 

Something quickly grabs me by my ankle from under the bed, and I loose my balance and fall, on my butt.

I hear him laugh, and then say "Karma's a bitch."

"I hate you, so much." I reply.

"The feeling's very mutual." He retorts. "Now help me get out of here, I'm stuck."

"Why should I help you?" I snap back.

"Because I just saved your life, idiot." He remarks.

Well yeah, technically he did. If it weren't for him, I would've been dead now.

I sigh and head over to the side of the bed, and pull him from his feet. God, he's so heavy. I manage to pull him out, and then he continues and pulls himself out.

"I hate tight spaces." Is all he said.

I laugh, "Stay here, I need to go downstairs and get something." I say.

"Seriously, how many times have you gone up and down those stairs today? Don't you ever get tired?" He asks.

I laugh again, and go downstairs to get my bunny. My mom's asleep, now all I had to do is get Gabriel to leave without Tate finding out.

I enter the kitchen, and Tate is there sitting on the stool eating one of the cookies that Gabriel made. "These are really good, who made them?" He asks.

"Me." I answer.

"That's a lie, you're a horrible cook." He says, with a laugh.

I laugh with him hoping he doesn't ask anything else. 

"Anyways, I'm going to watch a movie. Wanna join?" He asks.

"I'm sorry, some other time. I'm tired." I reply.

He nods, and gets up to head into the living room.

Great, now's my chance. I can finally sneak Gabriel out through the back door. Carefully, I grab the cage my bunny is sleeping in, and head upstairs. I hope this works. This has been a long day, and all I want to do, is sleep. 

A/N:

hey guys!! don't kill me, I know it's been a while since I've updated, but school is in about a month, and I've been very caught up on all the summer homework I've got to do. Recently, this book won for "Most Sarcastic" in @JabberLocksBox contest!! So thank you very much for that. It means a lot! I hope you like this chapter though!! Please leave a vote or comment if you do! Let me know what you think. Thank you all for reading, and have a great day. Take care.

Also, please check out Embrace The Kiss Of Death by @X_Jdog_X She's amazing, and so is her book. So give it a shot :) 

Nadin 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

81.5K 7.5K 40
"The laugh cracked loudly into the school's atrium, like a shot of a gun. A quick bullet. A deadly bullet the pierces through flesh and bone. I reali...
The Twin بواسطة Kabelo Mary

قصص المراهقين

7.3K 693 78
"He gave me forever within numbered days, like Gus gave Hazel in 'The Fault In Our Stars'", I explained to Mrs Li. "But like a thief of the night, he...
16.3K 1K 14
Miss perfect, they said. Perfect grades. Perfect life. Everything was going perfectly fine for me. That was until I got kicked out of college and was...
35.8K 730 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...