The Lion King: Now or Never

By Skyy15

This is the second book added to my second Lion King Fan series "Makosa's Beginning". Things started out goo... More

The Lion King: Now or Never
Wedding
Spirit of The Great Kings
Honeymoon
Baby Sitting
A Hunting Lesson
Trespasser
Not Fit For A Lioness
Lion King Live Action Movie
The Past
A Strange Reunion
A Situation
Rejection
Brothers
The Secret
The Prince Is Home
Special Power
Thank you!
Love Stinks
Destiny
The Plan
Ceremony
Staying Friends
Substitute
Family History
Goodbyes
The Future
The Talk
Prayers
Worry
It Will Be Okay
What About Our Future?
Fire
We Meet Again
The Search
Not As Planned
A Crazy Night
Merry Christmas!
Something Weird
Sacrifice
Strong Leaders
AUTHOR'S NOTE
War
Rescuing The Prince
A Cure
Not Suppose To End This Way
Third Book

A Date

404 18 1
By Skyy15

Ishara

Kion decided to give me a break from the Lion Guard today. This doesn't happen often, so when I am allowed to have a day off I try to enjoy every bit of it.

Due to my Lion Guard duties, I'm never around to see my girlfriend Kisima. I miss her as much as she misses me. The only time we would see each other is bedtime. But I be too tired to even speak to her at night from patrolling that whole day.

So since I'm off, we can probably hang out some place away from Pride Rock. You know, just the two of us! We haven't went on one of those dates in a while. So why not?

I race myself up Pride Rock to the big cavern. A few lionesses are walking out. Strangely, I don't see my sister Auni. Maybe she's out hunting or with her friends? Or perhaps that Hashaan guy, Vitani's son. I've noticed how close they've gotten and I'm not liking it one bit.

A lioness I do recognize with burnt orange fur, blue eyes with a spot underneath both of her eyes and a small tuft on her head. It's my mother. She's walking out of the cave with Bahiya's mother Tiifu. They've always been very close friends since cub-hood; close like sisters.

I approach them both with a smile. My mother gasps with shock seeing me. Tiifu stopped her conversation noticing my mother wasn't listening anymore.

"Ishara your home early?" My mother asks.

I nodded. "Hey mom, hey Miss Tiifu! Yeah, Kion gave me the day off. He said he has everything under control and doesn't need me. Everyone have been acting pretty strange lately and I'm feeling a bad vibe about it to. What's going on?"

Mother shrugs her shoulders but gave me a tight hug. "I don't know. But I'm glad that you're home son! You've been so busy and I haven't seen you at all. Don't you think Kion is perhaps working you too hard these days?"

"Nah. Kion is just doing his job as the leader. I knew what I was signing up for and the expectations. I'm really prepared for it! This job is my destiny."

"Alright, sweetie. Have you seen your sister while walking home?"

I shake my head. "Nope. I was just thinking about her. Maybe she is with Vitani's son or her friends. I'm going to go look for Kisima."

Mother nod her head without a word. I left the two lionesses to resume their conversation and went inside the cave hoping Kisima is there.

She was not. I exit out the cave and stood trying to think where else could she be. I know! Maybe she is behind Pride Rock laying on the rocks? Yeah!

I sprint around a small path leading behind Pride Rock. I see majority of the lionesses resting or gossiping here. Then I spot a lioness with garnet eyes and golden bronze fur. I admittedly run forward with a goofy smile.

"KISIMAAAAA!!!" I yell.

Kisima lift her head from off her front paws. Her ears twitches. "Ishara?"

I pounce on her playfully and purred. "Oh Kisima I'm glad to see you, I missed you so much!"

She laughs at my excitement while laying down on her right side. "Oh, I thought I heard your voice Ishara. Good to say that you're home early! How come? Not that I'm not excited too or anything. I'm glad your home!"

"Kion gave me the day off. There is something he have to do that he couldn't tell me. It's very strange. But hey, at least I'm home. We can spend the entire day together!"

"Yay!"

We both nuzzle with loud purrs. I missed my girlfriend so much.

I got off her so she could stand. "Kisima, how about we go on a date like now?"

"Yeah, I guess we can. I don't have anything else to do. Katrina the lead huntress gave me the week off. I've done so many hunts already. We rotate now on who gets to hunt. It's better that way to keep an consistent schedule."

"I understand. Hey, you deserve a break anyway. You've worked so hard!"

"I say the same about you too."

I smile at her. "You always worry so much about me Kisima, just like my mom."

She rolled her eyes with a chuckle and paw at my face. "Oh hush!"

"Where would you like to go on a date?"

"I don't know. Anywhere!"

I grin, "Well that doesn't help the question at all. I was looking for an answer, ha ha!"

She giggles. "Sorry! How about that area we've went to before with the pretty flowers and trees?"

"Sure! We haven't been there in a while anyways. It's quiet and peaceful."

"Let's go!"

Kisima hops down from her rock and leads the way. I follow on her left side closely with our furs brushing up against one another.

The sun shine its bright rays down on Kisima making her glow very beautifully. I smile and realize how lucky I am to have a lioness like her. It's not about Kisima's looks that attracts me. It was her personality and mindset.

She has a very fun spirit and a great positive attitude. She's never been the fighting type. Kisima is more soft and sweet. I love hearing her laugh. It's like music playing in my ears. Boy when she smiles too, it's like everything around me has frozen as if we are lost in time.

"Ishara what are you smiling and thinking about?" She asks me, giggling. She hits her tail against my side.

"About you." I simply reply.

"Oh...about what?"

"How lucky I am to be your boyfriend. I see the way how some of the lionesses look at you when I'm with you."

Kisima rolls her garnet colored eyes and snorts. "That's because they're jealous because I've got the most handsome guy in the Pride."

I laugh. "Hey, I don't know about that one. I think my buddy Makosa already won that!"

"True. That's because of his mane on all honesty. It's two colors! How unique is that? Red and dark brown...wow, I wonder where the red has come from? King Kovu's mane is only dark brown."

"Well for sure he's gotten the red from his grandfather Simba. He was the King before King Kovu. I'm pretty sure you've already heard many stories about him from Bahiya, Maha, or even Makosa himself."

"Yeah I have. King Simba seems like a very cool, strong, wise guy."

I look up at the sky and smile knowing that King Simba is probably listening to us talk about him. "Yeah he was and also a great King too!"

Pollen from dandelions are being blown by the wind. It circles around Kisima and I as we continue walking to one of our favorite date spots.

When we arrive, Kisima ran off with laughter into the large field of colorful flowers. She gave a few of them a sniff and smile. "Aaah, I love the sweet wonderful smell of flowers!"

I ran over to join her. We both stand up on our back legs and paw at each other's faces with laughter like little cubs. There are no animals around. Just us two enjoying our free time alone.

I stopped playing with Kisima and picked up a pink lily in my mouth gently to not crush it. I hand it over to her shyly with a smile. Her cheeks turn a deep red as she blushed.

"Awwww, Ishara!" She squeals.

She gave my right cheek a lick. I then place the flower beside her left ear. She looks absolutely gorgeous!

"Simply gorgeous Kisima, I do have to say."

"Stop it, I'm already blushing!"

I laugh after rubbing my brown nose against her small cute pale pink nose. We both fall on our backs and look up at the now late morning sky. A few white clouds are passing by. The sky is mainly light blue. Kisima rolls over onto her side and lay her head on my furry chest. She closes her eyes and smile. I purr softly, closing my eyes too.

Best day off ever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 91 19
Two lions, two prides, two paths, one destiny. After tragedies unfold, two lions will face their own difficult paths which will determine whether the...
70.3K 826 48
Kion is love with Fuli. Now he needs to tell the truth but then an attack happen, Fuli lost some of her memories and got lost in a place. Now the res...
108K 1.6K 49
King Simba and Queen Nala are now new rulers of Pride Rock. Follow them in to the past and see what really happened. Were the Outsiders and Pride lan...
10.5K 176 30
It has been three months after Kiara and Kovu's adventure. Everything is now back to normal. For the past months Kovu had been tagging along with Sim...