Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 53 •

320 14 27
By Lexy_VLover

(In my opinion, the guests were pretty obvious. But well here you go. This is simply part of closing the book. It was brought up ages ago but never actually executed until now. In other words it was a plot hole I needed to fill. Enjoy xx)

HE WAS ACTING insufferable.

In fact, I'm lying he actually is insufferable.

I know that I could not have expected tonight to go perfectly but deep down I had hope. That hope went down the drain the moment he looked at them.

It was actually shocking that after so many years all that it took was one glimpse of them and he knew who they were. There was no need for an introduction. They actually looked happy to see him and were even happier that he seemed to recognise them.

Until the mere look of recognition changed to disdain.

And then he tried to slam the door in their faces and then I, being the fool that I am, stuck my foot out to try and stop the door.

The stupidity was that I was wearing peep-toe heels and he slammed the door with incredible force. I bit my lip hard to try and stop myself from yelling out in pain. He rolls his eyes and puts his arm around my waist and pulls me to his side.

"Please come in," I croak out and Diego groans.

"I'm gonna get her ice," He grinds out and pulls me to the kitchen.

He pushes the door open and then it swings closed behind us. He doesn't say something for a moment. He goes to the freezer and pulls out a pack of frozen vegetables.

"You're an idiot and not just because of this swelling foot," He says and I nod looking down. "How could you do that? Of all the people in the world to bring to this house you bring them. All four of them!" His voice rises and I put my hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

The last thing we needed was to let them hear us shout at each other. Not exactly a model happy couple.

"Why? If this is your way of trying to get me to forgive you, you are unbelievably stupid. I hate them and you know that. God, why did I come?" He runs a hand through his hair before pressing the vegetables against my foot.

"You cannot even remember them," I tell him and he rolls his eyes again.

"That doesn't change the fact that I hate them. I know them enough okay, and I wish you didn't bring them. I wish I didn't come. How did you get me to come?"

"I don't know. You just can't say no to me?" I wink.

"I'm still angry with you, in fact even angrier now that I have seen your wretched guests," He huffs.

"Please, just tonight and then you can go back to hating me," I beg and he narrows his eyes.

"I will enjoy the latter very much," He tells me.

"Yeah yeah," I wave my hand.

How bad could it be?

It was only his mother's immediate family that abandoned him when she died.

I WISH I could say that he was then on his best behaviour.

When we first started eating there was an uncomfortable silence. There was tension that had built up after more than a decade of no communication.

I suppose Diego's reason for the silence was reasonable. He had a valid reason to be angry with him and I knew that he would not welcome them with open arms but I also thought that he would at least speak to them. Even if he spoke harshly I would have appreciated it because it was a form of speaking.

But there was nothing.

They were not even making an effort. The least they could do was try and get to know the person that he had become. But they simply looked down at their plates.

"So how are you guys?" I finally try to break the ice after gulping down all my wine.

I fill my glass up once again bracing myself for what was to become.

"I'm sure they are just hunky-dory! After all, they stuck together like a family," Diego says sarcastically and I sip my drink.

"Diego we didn't want to le-"

"Save the lies for somebody without a brain please," He interrupts Angelina and she closes her mouth instantly.

At least he said please?

I rack my brain for another topic to try out. I try and think of any possible snarky comments that he could say and eliminate such topics.

"Do you like hats?" I blurt out and clamp my hand over my mouth.

Do you like hats?

Honestly Violetta!

Diego raises his eyebrow in amusement and even Derek (who seemed to be even moodier than Diego) cracked a smile.

Madeline and Andrew Moore looked the most unfamiliar to me. I had seen a few pictures of Maya on the internet. I could see aspects of her on their faces but hardly anything. Angelina was almost a spitting image of her sister. From the dark hair to the soft chocolate eyes. She was probably the hardest for Diego to see.

But Derek seemed the most familiar. Diego and Derek were very similar, appearance and (from what I had gathered tonight) personality wise. Angelina may have been the hardest to see, but Derek was definitely the most difficult to be around. Diego could see himself in Derek and that was what he hated.

Despite his wishes, he had an evident resemblance to this family.

"Well to answer your question darling, I do fancy a hat occasionally," Madeline answers and I nod sheepishly.

"As a child, I never minded a baseball cap," Derek says softly. I give him a smile.

"Diego?" Andrew prompts and Diego shakes his head.

"He's more of a suit-and-tie kind of person," I tell them.

"Like his grandfather," Angelina laughs and Andrew beams with pride.

Diego's jaw was clenched. He was torn. He wanted to continue with his anger towards them but he also had questions for them. He finishes his food, wipes his mouth and puts his hands in his lap. I reach over and gently place my hand on his and give him a warm, encouraging smile.

"Do you hate me?" Diego asks.

His voice was soft and there was this kind of raw vulnerability to it that tugged my heart. The four people across from us were taken aback by his sudden question. They blinked at him for a while but he merely looked down. He began to nervously draw circles on the back of my hand.

"Diego, we could never hate you. Ever since you were born you brought a new, brighter and pure light to our lives. We never forgot that. We have always loved you and we are proud of what you have become. You are the strongest member of this family because despite everything that you were forced to endure as a child you have still amounted to so much and have never run away.

"Her death was just so...sudden. We were overcome with grief and the only logical thing to do at that time was to leave. You were like her in so many ways and we could not handle that. It was an unthoughtful decision made on impulse. We were weak, everything that you are not. We regretted the decision but we had given Gregorio our word.

"His pain was not you. You were, and actually still are, his only salvation. Seeing us was a burden so he decided to free the two of you such a presence. And it worked in our favour. When you lose a child your entire world falls apart and you forget everything. I never forgave myself for leaving my grandchild that needed my help.

"Diego, we know that we cannot ask for your forgiveness and expect it instantly, but we do hope that you will at least consider letting us back into your family. You are so much like your mother and we were wrong to not want to be a part of that," Madeline says gently.

Honestly, that speech did a number on me but Diego was all too different to me.

He doesn't say anything for a moment. He then harshly pushes my hand away and pushes his chair out. He drops his napkin on his plate and trudges upstairs. Madeline lets out a sigh and Angelina clenches her eyes shut.

"I'll go get him," I say in the most cheerful voice I can muster.

My luck with Diego was probably running thin by now but I still tried to walk upstairs with confidence. Despite his desires, he would probably not kill me. It would be too much unnecessary paperwork.

I knock on the door but walk in without waiting for an answer. His face was buried in his hands, but he wasn't crying. Not because he thinks it is a weakness but because he would rather die than cry over his maternal family.

"Hey," I say softly. I sit next to him on the bed and wait for him to start speaking.

He looks up, looks at me and then runs a hand through his hair. I give him a small, encouraging smile. He lets out a small chuckle.

"Why are you still trying? Surely not even you could have such a strong will. You should know by now that I am not easily convinced," He tells me and I shrug.

"I'm stubborn," I grin and he rolls his eyes with a similar grin.

"I don't think I can go back out. I just...they're so..." He stops.

"They left me, Letta. They left. It is not easy to forget that. And I mean, sure it seems like they are ready to stay and that they removed whatever was stuck up their asses but I can't put my faith in them,"

"It's okay to be scared. Despite all of the effort I put into this, I can't say that I really trust them but who cares? You need to at least give them a chance, I am not saying you have to divulge all of your darkest secrets but you have to take the risk," I say to him, putting my hand on his.

"You can't make me go back out there," He says, sticking his tongue out.

"What will it take?" I laugh and he pretends to think.

"A kiss," He smirks. I raise my eyebrow and he nods. I groan loudly.

He motions me forward, the smirk on his face not faltering. I slowly lean in and my lips brush against his. Due to his impatience, he pulls me forward deepening the kiss. My reaches my hair band and pulls it out letting my hair fall onto my shoulders.

His fingers travel across my face, from the top of my cheekbones to my jaw as his other hand threads through my hair. He bites my lip, hard, causing me to dig my nails into his back which earns a groan from him.

Eventually, I pull away from him breathing heavily.

"Let's go,"

When we go back down their heads turned to us. I suddenly felt very conscious about my flushed face and messy hair. He had thrown my hairband somewhere across the room which meant I did not have the time to look for it.

"I don't forgive you," He says firmly. They nod with disappointment.

"But since you came all of this way we may as well resolve this situation a little," He says and they look up with smiles.

"Diego, you understand that your father cannot know about this. We had a deal that we would stay away from you. Period. If Gregorio finds out then we will be forced to leave and not even your persistent wife could stop it," Angelina warns him and Diego nods.

Nothing new to him. The e-mail was an act of betrayal to Diego.

"You don't have faith in him?" Andrew asks with surprise.

"Of course he wouldn't! You know the way Gregorio is, what would you expect?" Angelina scoffs.

"Now now, Angelina. My daughter would never have fallen in love with a monster. The Gregorio we knew before Maya passed away was sweet and caring. Even though he may display a cold exterior deep down that Gregorio has to be there. And if anybody can bring it out of him it is his son," Madeline nods at Diego.

The idea of Gregorio being kind was unusual. I had only ever seen him with a straight face, a scowl and very rarely a smirk. But that was the most emotion he would evoke. I wonder what he looks like with a smile.

I suddenly realised what a big effect Maya's death had on him.

"Impossible, that side of my father is gone," Diego says, he tried to look angry but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Diego, you are the only person left in this world that your father loves. Even though he may not show it his love for you is always there. It is probably the only reason he forces himself to endure every single day without your mother. Your father would die for you and he would definitely kill for you," Andrew explains.

Silence.

THEY LEAVE AFTER dessert.

After freshening up, I grab one of Diego's shirt from my cupboard (I kept quite a stock of them). I get ready to get into bed when I hear Diego call me.

"Princess!" He calls.

I walk into his room. He was in bed, lying on his back staring at the ceiling. He looks to the door hearing me.

"Would you mind sleeping with me?" He asks and I smile.

I nod and get under the covers next to him. I turn to my side and he wraps his arm around my waist.

"I like your shirt," He whispers into my ear.

"You can have it back," I flush.

"It looks better on you,"

Hey! So you got a kiss, you're welcome. I actually really liked it and maybe it wasn't the greatest time but who cares. I think he really needed it.

So you got to see a vulnerable side of Diego which is honestly not written much. But there is still another chapter of this side of him. Very soon.

Like I mentioned before, these last chapters are about closure. I will try my best to pretty much get rid of any plot holes. There is one for Federico, I hope you're ready for that one. Lara will only be resolved in a Diego chapter, however.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. To clarify, they are definitely not forgiven. I can assure you of that. But, he is willing to try which is what matters at this moment.

I have written C60 and am currently working on the afterword! I have three pre-written Diego chapters which means I can comfortably jump into  writing Heaven. 

Also, I watched Thor Ragnarok AND IT WAS AMAZING. LOKI WAS SO AWESOME THERE ARE NO WORDS. THE ENTIRE MOVIE SO HILARIOUS AND I DIED. 

AND LOKI. LOKI. LOKI. enough said. 

Thanks for reading 🙈 sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.1K 2.1K 30
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...
16.4K 265 30
Leon works in a company that is opposite Violetta' s company but violetta works with her brother Federico and Diego is the boss of them both and forb...
9K 423 28
❝and that's the thing about illicit affairs and clandestine meetings and longing stares. it's born from just one single glance but it dies and it die...
3.6K 310 14
❝that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano all I know is i love you too much to walk away❞ Leon is the son of wealthy man, Francesca's mothe...