Teach Me ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who... More

1. Starbaes
2. Apartment of Secrets
3. It's Not Stalking...I Think
4. If You Can't You Still Might
5. Admit It
6. Needing Space
7. Confrontations
8. Treat You Better
9. Not Leaving
10. Date Night
11. Throwing Punches
12. Getting Some Sugar
13. Stay With Me
14. Labels
15. Complicated
16. Meeting the Parents
17. Morgan's Birthday
18. Together
19. Three Little Words
♡ Extended Scene ♡
20. Breaking Hearts
21. Living La Vida Stressful
22. No Restraint
♡ Extended Scene ♡
23. Symptoms
24. No Running
25. Party Interrupted
26. Moving On
♡ Extended Scene ♡
28. Keeping Secrets
29. Figuring it Out
30. Family Day
31. Home Sweet Home
32. Busted
33. Time Off
♡ Extended Scene ♡
34. Christmas From Hell
35. Sparkling Grape Juice
36. Hormones
37. Josh's Surprise
38. History
39. Going Home
40. The Unwanted Surprise
41. It's a...
42. Don't Leave Me
43. Boys vs Girls
44. Everybody's Got a Secret
45. Bittersweet Homecoming
♡ Extended Scene ♡
46. Crash
47. Living Nightmare
48. Take Your Best Shot
49. No Regrets
♡ Extended Scene ♡
Epilogue

27. Our Baby

3.3K 67 12
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

I take the extra day of free time and use it to my advantage, making an appointment for my first ultrasound. I wake up early and decide to make breakfast before Josh gets up. I'm in the middle of scrambling eggs when my phone rings. I grab it and look down at the screen. My heart stops as I stare back at my mom's name. I take a deep breath and bring the phone to my ear. "Hey mom" I say brightly.

"Hi baby girl" she replies sweetly. "How are you? How's school?" she asks curiously.

"Um I'm" I stop, gnawing my bottom lip. Pregnant. Dating my teacher's assistant. "Good" I reply instead. "And school is school" I add nonchalantly. "You know how it is."

"That I do" she chuckles. "How are things otherwise? Did you ever work out the guy dilemma you were having?" she asks as Josh wanders into the room wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.

"Yea" I reply as he walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

"So should I expect an extra person at Thanksgiving?" she asks hopefully. I gnaw my bottom lip as I look up at my boyfriend.

"Um" I stutter. "I don't think so" I sigh. "Maybe Christmas" I add as he walks over to the fridge and pulls out the gallon of milk.

"Darn. I was hoping we'd be able to meet the man that has my little girl so smitten" she replies. Little girl. I was anything but at this point.

"I'm sorry mama. Hey I'm getting ready to eat breakfast so can I maybe call you back?" I ask hopefully.

"Sure baby girl. I love you."

"Love you too mama" I smile before hanging up the phone and pulling down two plates.

"How's your mom?" Josh asks curiously as he leans against the counter, sipping his glass of milk.

"Disappointed" I reply honestly as I turn around and hand him a plate of scrambled eggs. "Don't you think it's a little ridiculous that we're living together and expecting a baby yet none of our families know the truth about us" I ask as I grab a fork.

"They'd flip" he replies. "Especially my family" he grumbles.

"I understand that" I nod, "but Josh. We're living in the same house. That we bought. Together. We're having a baby. We made a human being. We're going to be parents. Our parents are going to be grandparents. Don't you think they deserve to know the truth?"

"Well they're gonna find out your pregnant sooner than later. It's not something you can hide."

"Uh huh" I nod, "but what about the fact that I'm your student?" I ask bluntly.

"They'll never know" he shrugs. "They think you're a friend of Riley's that I met and fell for. They never have to know the truth."

"My mom knows" I say bluntly causing his eyes to widen in shock. He puts down his plate and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Your mom knows what?" he asks quickly.

"Before we even kissed, when I spent the night at your place after Derek hit me" I begin to explain. "I was catching up with my mom and I told her that you were my TA. She knows" I shrug.

"Jesus Maya" he groans as he rubs his neck. "That's just great. Lovely."

"I'm sorry. At the time I didn't think we were gonna be anything anyway. I" I stutter. "I never thought I'd fall for you let alone end up getting knocked up."

"But you did and now we have two stories we have to keep up."

"Excuse me if I like to be honest with my family" I scoff. "By the way Morgan and Riley know the truth too so don't sit here and act like my family are the only ones who could pose an issue" I snap.

"They know better" he fires back.

"They know better" I exclaim. "Are you serious? You expect them to lie for us?"

"It's not that big of a lie" he shrugs making my jaw drop open.

"It's how we met" I shout. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"That is ridiculous. You know I love you."

I nod. "Fine. Then it's yourself you're ashamed of. Is that it? You don't want to disappoint mommy and daddy so I'm your dirty little secret."

"You're not a secret" he rolls his eyes. "You're blowing this completely out of proportion."

"I don't have time for this" I shake my head. "I have an appointment to get to" I add as I brush past him.

"Well wait up" he says as he catches up to me but I stop in my tracks and look him dead in the eyes.

"You aren't coming" I say bluntly making his eyes widen in surprise.

"What?"

"You. Aren't. Coming" I repeat slowly. "When I woke up this morning you were going to be a dad but I'm not so sure anymore" I add bluntly as I grab my jacket and storm out of the house.

*************************************************************************************

"Peaches I'm so sorry" Riley says softly as we sit in the waiting room. I had told her about my awful morning with Josh after I finally stopped crying. My eyes were puffy and I felt light-headed since I didn't end up eating my breakfast.

"It's not your fault" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I just don't understand him. Does he want me to lie to your family forever? We get married, have more kids and they still think I'm just a friend of yours that he ran into. I don't care if they hate me, I'd rather be hated and have them know the truth than live a lie for the rest of my life."

"I'm sorry" she says again as she squeezes my hand. "But at least you still have me" she adds making me chuckle as I lean my head on her shoulder.

"I love you Riles."

"Love you too Peaches" she replies sweetly as my name is called. We stand up and we're guided down a long hallway to the exam room. The nurse asks me standard questions and I get through them as best as I can, trying not to let my mind wander to Josh too much. After the questioning the nurse leaves and tells us that the doctor will be in soon.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I ask Riley. She nods and hands me my cell. I unlock it and find twenty-six missed calls from Josh and one simple text that reads, call me.

"He call?"

"Oh yea" I reply as I hand her back my phone. "He deserves to be ignored for a while." She nods in agreement as the doctor walks in with a large smile on her face.

"Hello Maya" she says brightly. "I'm Dr. Jennings. It's very nice to meet you."

"You too" I reply politely.

"And this young woman is?" she asks curiously, motioning to Riley.

"My best friend" I reply.

"Is the father in the picture?"

"It's yet to be seen" I reply bluntly. She nods in understanding.

"Well I hope it all works out" she smiles. "Are you ready to see your baby?" she asks excitedly. I nod as she reaches for the gel for my stomach. She lifts my shirt and turns on the monitor. "So what's going to happen is I'm going to put this on your belly and then I'm going to use this wand to find your baby. How does that sound?"

"Pretty cool" I admit with a chuckle. She smiles as she squirts a small amount of gel on my stomach before placing the wand over it. It only takes her a few seconds to find the baby.

"And there it is" she beams. I gaze at the screen in amazement. It seemed unreal that I was really carrying a baby inside me. Josh and I's baby. "I'd say you're around six weeks" she says as she stares at the screen. "Does that sound about right?"

"Mhm" I nod. "I thought it happened sometime around the beginning of October."

"Sounds about right to me" she nods. "Everything seems to be developing right on schedule and the baby looks healthy" she smiles. "I'd say at this point everything is going smoothly. Congratulations."

"Thank you" I smile as I gaze at the screen. A tear rolls down my cheek but I'm quick to catch it. If only Josh were here to see it.

*************************************************************************************

When I walk into the house the living room is empty signaling that Josh must've spent the entire time in our room. I kick off my shoes and shrug off my jacket before wandering down the hallway to the bedroom. Josh is lying in bed reading a baby book making me chuckle. "Enjoying some light reading?" I ask as I lean against the doorframe. He puts down the book and stares up at me.

"You're home" he says, almost in shock.

"I do live here" I chuckle as I walk into the room. I sit on the edge of the bed and avert my gaze to the floor. "You should've been there today."

"You literally told me I couldn't come" he reminds me making me look at him.

"Because you told me I'd have to live a lie for the rest of my life" I exclaim in frustration. "I get that you don't want to disappoint your parents but maybe you should've thought about that before we had sex" I say bluntly as I stand up and try to walk away but he catches my wrist.

"Why is sex the cut-off?" he asks confused. "You've been saying it all day. Why?"

I stare down at our intertwined fingers and tears well in my eyes. "Because then you wouldn't be stuck with me and this baby" my voice cracks as he jumps off the bed.

"Is that what you think?" he asks softly as he tilts my chin to look at him. "That I feel stuck?"

"You don't want to tell them. If I wouldn't have gotten pregnant you could've broken this off easily and kept your pristine relationship with your parents."

"I'm not stuck. If I wanted to run I would run" he explains bluntly. He rubs his thumb over my cheek as he stares into my blue eyes that were glossed over with tears. "This is really important to you isn't it?" he asks softly, wiping my tears. "Me telling my parents that I screwed a student" he smirks making me roll my eyes as I slap him.

"Don't put it like that" I whine making him chuckle as he caresses my cheek.

"That I fell in love with a student" he rephrases. "That I want to spend the rest of my life with a student. That I'm starting a family with a student."

"All of the above" I whisper making a smile pull at his lips.

"If it's that important to you then I'll tell them how we really met. I'm not losing you" he says as he pulls me in for a kiss. I let it linger for a few seconds before pulling back.

"I have something for you" I whisper as I reach into my back pocket and pull out the sonogram. "Our baby" I explain as his eyes widen. He takes it from my hands and tears form in his eyes.

"Woah" he breathes out making me chuckle as I wipe the last of my tears.

"That was my reaction too" I smile. "It's getting real isn't it?"

"Little bit" he admits as he looks up from the picture to me. "I love you" he says softly as he reaches out to caress my cheek.

"I love you too" I reply as I lean up for another kiss before pulling away. "Can we hang it on the fridge?" I ask hopefully making him chuckle as he nods his head.

"Yes we can hang it on the fridge" he smiles as he gazes at me lovingly. "As long as I can come to the next appointment."

"Of course" I nod as I lean up for another lingering kiss.

A/N: I don't know what will make you guys hate me more, me admitting that this chapter has been done for more than week and I just couldn't get anywhere to post it or making them fight in the first chapter I've posted in weeks. I'm so sorry that updates have been so slow and for making Joshaya fight but we are at the climax of the story so expect some drama in upcoming chapters. I love you all and as always thanks for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.4K 34
That's when I immediately regretted it. I regret from sending a letter to this college. Regret even seeing him again in my life. He turned forward...
144K 3.7K 55
Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least when he wasn't adoring other girls), and...
137K 3.3K 40
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Babies aren't usually a blessing right out of high school but for Maya and Dean, their son was the best thing that could've ever happe...
801K 15.5K 94
It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. Now Maya is just starting her freshman ye...