Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 72」

360 9 5
By lazilazuli

On his way down the steps, Taehyung started to conceive a sickly feeling in the pit of his stomach. After what he said to you and the others the other day, he hadn't contacted anyone over the weekend. Instead, he used those 2 days to think about what you had told him and what he actually saw with his own eyes. He knew that you weren't the type to lie about something like this, but then what was he supposed to do about his own visual evidence. Was what he saw actually false? Just thinking about it all, dampened his mood.

All of a sudden, Taehyung's phone started to ring him down. He slid out just enough just to check the collar ID. It was Nam Kyunghee. He pulled it out and shut it off completely. 'I can't deal with her right now.' Arriving before a door, Taehyung took a deep breath before taking hold of the handles. 'It's now or never.' When he pulled open the door, a soft gust of warm air covered him in an instant.

"You're here," Namjoon, followed by a few more eyes, took notice of his presence.

Taehyung looked up and saw the gang sitting at a roundtable with some chairs pulled up to it. But the first person who held his gaze firmly was you. For a split second, he saw that pretty smile drawn across your face while playing with Jungkook, but was wiped away as soon as you took notice of him.

With the way you suddenly averted your eyes away from his, it seemed like holding eye-contact was tough for not only him, but you as well. His heart sunk just a bit more when he registered that the cause of your fading smile was now him.

Then Taehyung felt as if holes were being bored into the side of his head. When he shifted his gaze over, he found none other than Jeon Jungkook, staring him down with deadly looks. But it was a look that he didn't fail to return in the least.

"Take a seat," Namjoon instructed. "We're waiting for our host to get down here."

The further he stepped into the room, the more tense and colder the atmosphere seemed to turn. But it was an atmosphere that he created all by himself.

"Did you finally get your head on straight and stop hanging with Kyunghee?" Yoongi asked.

"I bet he hasn't," Jungkook said, as he watched Taehyung pull out a seat and plop himself down in it.

"Jungkook, don't start," Namjoon reminded him, without bothering to look up from his phone.

Fifteen minutes in, and silence still reigned over the entire table. The whole time, Taehyung found himself going back and forth between you and Jungkook. He was agitated. Seeing Jungkook in a spot that was supposed to be his: right next to you. 'I bet I'd be getting my scalp massaged right about now,' he thought. With the situation he created around himself, there was no way that would be happening anytime soon.

"Yah, you think they're going to go at it," Hoseok whispered, as he nudged Namjoon. "They won't stop staring each other down."

"They better not," he said, giving them a quick glance over before checking their twitter again.

Just then, Jimin busted through the doors of the lounge with a big ol' grin attached to his face. "Good, good! You're all here." He dropped his bag on the floor beside the table.

"What took you so long, Jiminie?" Hoseok asked. "Any longer and I swear these two would've killed each other at any given second," he pointed between Taehyung and Jungkook both.

"Sorry, my class was held back for a bit."

"Anyways," Namjoon looked up to meet eyes with him, "what'd you call us all here for?"

"I'm glad you asked, Namjoon hyung," Jimin beamed, as he clapped his hands. "I've called for this meeting because everyone's attitudes have been really sucky lately. Some of us are stressed because of finals, and the rest of us have been stressed out with...personal problems." To put it nicely.

"You got that right," Yoongi said.

"We've lost the close bond we once had."

"We all know why though," Minji muttered underneath her breath, as she took a glimpse in Taehyung's direction.

"So what? You called us here to sit here and talk about our feelings or something?" Taehyung asked, looking down towards his phone in an uninterested manner.

"That was the first idea to come to mind, but then I thought: What if these guys end up trying to kill each other? So that's when I thought we could distress and rekindle with a little trip."

"'A trip'?" If anyone wasn't paying attention, then they sure were now.

"I'm sure you all know that winter break is coming up soon. Why not take advantage of it and actually take a break. A break away from all our built of stress and problems. But, that's only gonna happen if we go on vacation together." Jimin emphasized on together while glancing over to your side of the table with Jungkook and then over to Taehyung.

"A vacation, huh?" your smile started to widen. "I like the sound of that."

"See, Jiyeong's a smart girl!" He gave you a double thumbs up. "What about the rest of you guys?" Jimin scanned their faces to see if their moods would change based on the idea.

"I'm not opposed to the idea," Yoongi started, "but where exactly are we supposed to vacation? Everywhere in Korea is cold. I'm pretty sure everyone would be too focused on trying to stay warm than trying to distress. If anything, that might just give us more problems."

"Finally, we dive deeper into this interesting conversation. During the break, we won't be staying in Korea. Instead, we'll be vacationing in," Jimin took in a deep breath for dramatic effect, "Hawaii!"

"'Hawaii'?" Heads and chins were lifted up off the tables, and smiles had broken out on the spot.

"A trip to America? Ooh, that sounds like a lot of fun," Hoseok said, looking around at everyone else who seemed to agree with him. "Just imagine the kind of stuff we can do."

"--The delicious food that we'll get to eat," Jin chimed in.

"And let's not forget how close we'll get again," Jimin jumped back in. "I'm mentioning it now so that everyone has a chance to save up their money and pay for plane tickets and have money for souvenirs if they want. And Taehyung-ah," Jimin walked over to Namjoon and Hoseok, clapping a hand each on their shoulder, "you can help with any fees that we need if you want to win our hearts back. No one has any objections to that, do they?"

"None whatsoever," Yoongi said.

"I second that," Namjoon said.

"Hear, hear!" Hoseok cheered.

Taehyung scoffed, yet a small smile came to his lips. "I got it."

"Yay! We're going to Hawaii!" Hoseok grabbed onto him for a hug.

While everyone else was busy celebrating, Minji was bust texting away to her cousin under the table as nonchalantly as she could. It pained her to do this, but she had to. Right before she pressed send, Minji felt a feeling stir up within. 'I've got a bad feeling about this trip already.'

Fast forward to December 23rd, you and Minji ran out of her house, hand-in-hand, and past Jungkook, who just finished ringing the doorbell. "Good morning to you guys, too!" he shouted out, before locking and pulling in the door closed. The maknae shook his head as he walked down the stairs and stepped back into Jin's van.

"Are we all here then?" Namjoon looked around himself to take account of each face.

"Yup!" you said.

"You girls aren't forgetting anything important, are you?" That said, everyone's gaze turned to you two.

You both looked to one another, waiting for either's expression to change. Just then, Minji's eyes went wide and sucked in a bit of air. "I did, sorry!" she climbed out of the van. "I'll be back in a flash!" She opened up her door and rushed inside and ran up to her room. She flicked on the light and jogged to her drawer, where she pulled it open to stare down at the thing she forgot. "Just in case..." Minji picked up the pregnancy test and shoved it into her bag before dashing back the way she came. "Later, mom!"

"Have fun! And remember to bring me back something!"

"Yes, yes!" Minji closed the door and ran back to the van. "Alright, let's get a move on," she closed the door back. As soon as Jin stepped on the gas, a camera was shoved right in Minji's face. "What the hell?" she pushed it away from her face.

"Say, 'hi' to the camera." Jimin had the camera pointed back in her face.

"What're you doing?"

"Documenting our happy travels from start to finish. It'll be fun, don't you think?"

"I guess..."

"You look really good on camera by the way," he said, only for her ears to hear. He knew he did a good job when he saw her red features through the lens. "Jiyeong," Jimin waved frantically to catch your attention, "say 'hi'."

You turned away from talking to Jungkook and towards his camera. "Hi," you cheerfully waved. Jungkook even got in on the frame, showing his bunny grin and a peace sign.

"Jiyeong-ah, where are we going?"

"Well, our first we have to go to the airport so we can get everything checked, board the plane--"

"No, no," he whispered so his voice wouldn't be too audible. "Our trip."

"Oh~" From beside you, you could hear Jungkook giggling and Hoseok chuckling from behind. You cleared your throat an inhaled, "we're going to Hawaii!" you cheered. Of course, your excitement was like an infection and spread throughout the entire out van, leading everyone, besides sleepy Taehyung, to make noise along with you.

"See, that's the kind of energy I'm looking for." Jimin then twisted himself around and aimed his camera in Taehyung's direction. "Yah, look at this handsome devil taking a snooze in the back."

"Taehyung-ah! Wake up!" he shouted, but Taehyung refused to move. As a matter of fact, he refused to even lift an eyelid.

"Don't forget about your handsome designated driver," Jin said.

"Of course not." Jimin twisted back around, pulling his attention away from Taehyung and toward Jin. "Who can forget our very experienced driver." He did actually forget about him though, since he was the one driving after all.

"Jiminie, it wasn't that long ago before he got his license," Namjoon said.

Jin stopped at the red light. "Mind your own business and let the kid compliment me for once!"

At Jimin's chuckle, he decided to cut vlogging until after they boarded the plan. "This is going to be a good trip. I can feel it in my bones!" Jimin grinned.

A/N: A/N: Yes! HAWAII HERE WE COME! What an interesting arc I have for you all right here. Shocking indeed, but certainly not the most. Oh no, I'm saving the goods for later on. Anyways, what do you think will happen during this arc? Do you think I'll fix relationships or break them? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...
526 30 18
He doesn't believe in love, he only believes in lust. But what if she wants love? Choi Sara is a girl like others who dreams of succeeding in the fu...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
17.8K 795 11
"Hoseok: Truth or Dare Namjoon? Namjoon: What the hell, dare me! Hoseok: I dare you to tongue kiss your crush, if they're here. If not then I dare yo...