Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

Galing kay lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... Higit pa

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 71」

343 9 6
Galing kay lazilazuli

"Jiyeong, don't let that piece of shit get you all upset like this." Minji peered into your tear-stained face while rubbing circles on your back. The two of you sat in your bedroom, talking about your current situation.

"'If the shoe fits'?! How could he say something like that? It was like he threw away all his feelings for me." You wiped away at another teardrop that slid down your cheek. "I told him the truth!"

"I know."

"But he wants to be an asswipe and not believe me? I've always been truthful to him." No words could come to mind to dictate how confused you were by the inner workings of his mind. "Just what has he thought about me this entire time?"

"Kim Taehyung is a blind little shit who doesn't realize the kind of girl he has in his life. We all know that you were telling the truth, but if Taehyung doesn't want to realize that, then that's on him. He's not worth you worrying nor wasting your tears over."

"If things hadn't gotten so far between us as it did, then I guess I could forget about him, but it's too late now. Right now, my feelings for him are..." your heart hurt thinking back to that Saturday night.

Minji slowly pulled away from you. "You're not saying what I think you're saying, are you?"

"I don't know," you shrugged. "But what I do know is that my heart doesn't want to let him go. Part of me still has hope that he'll come around soon, but another part of me is still unsure that he will. Either way, I'm in too deep."

"Jiyeong," Minji's eyes softened when she looked at the completely glum state of yours. What could she say to make her best friend feel better? Lift her spirits up from the dump that Taehyung placed her in. Nothing. At least not in this moment. So for the time being, Minji just wrapped her arms around your head and pulled you down onto her chest. For a few minutes longer, the two of you just sat in silence until someone's phone went off.

"Oh, that's me," Minji took up her phone from your bed and answered the incoming call from her mother. "Yes?....Right now? Mom, I'm kinda busy."

"If your mom needs you to go, then you can," you whispered.

Minji looked off from you. "Alright, I'm coming home right now. Okay, bye." After she hung up, Minji let go a huge sigh. "I can't wait to move out of my parents' house and be on my own like you." She picked up her bag from the floor.

You mustered up a chuckle at her words. "Thanks for comforting me, Minji. I don't know what kind of mess I'd be if you weren't with me."

Minji accepted your hug, but though she wanted to put her whole heart into it, it just couldn't happen. Not when half of her heart was weighed down by guilt itself. If there was a way out of betrayal without spilling her secrets, Minji would take it. But, there wasn't. "Will you be alright?"

"Yeah," you smiled weakly. "I'll be okay. But what about you? You look like you're starting to get some dark circles under your eyes?"

"Oh, I--I just haven't been sleeping as well since we took finals. It's a bit anxious having to wait for those results, y'know." That was only part of the truth. The possibility of being pregnant would keep anyone up at night.

"We make sure that you start getting some sleep. Let me walk you to the door."

"Okay."

With a parting wave from either of you, the front door finally closed behind Minji. As soon as it had, she made up her mind to make a little pit stop to the pharmacy before making her way home. Though, the whole walk there was an anxious one. Questions of all sorts were tossed around the entire time. Before entering, she pulled the hood of her sweater up and over her head to shield her from the eyes of anyone familiar.

"I need to hurry up and find the aisle with the tests." Minji hoped that it wouldn't be another episode like last time, and that she would hurry up and find what she needed. Fortunately, she did. She went up to the cashier, paid for it and quickly scurried off to the bus stop.

"Minji-ah, is that you?"

Minji's heart nearly jumped out her chest when she heard the sudden call of her name. 'Why?' She frantically looked around, only to see a familiar figure walking her way. "J--Jungkook?" Seeing his messy hair among his handsome features just made her heart respond in the wildest way. 'Keep calm, will you?!' "What are you doing here?"

He slid his hand out the pocket of his sweater and held up his phone. "I texted Jiyeong not too long ago, telling her that I was on my way to see her."

"Oh," disappointment seemed to mellow her heart out just a bit.

"What that bastard said to her is unforgivable. I hate the that he's the asshole she wants, but there's not much I can do right now. One day, I'm gonna become all that she needs. I want her heart to be mine and mine alone. And for that to happen, I'm going to have to keep chasing after her."

Minji had no words. Her heart couldn't be any more broken. Jungkook's words of determination to pursue you were so firm, that it sounded like he had no room to consider anyone else.

"So, did you just come from her house?" he asked, stopping in front her. But then, he noticed the white bag in her hand. "Oh no, you came from the store. What'd you get?" he asked, trying to steal a glance into the bag with a toothy grin.

"Nothing!" she pulled the bag closer to her body. "Just--Just some ointment for my aunt. She said that she got herself a little burn and asked me to pick some up for her before I returned home," she nodded firmly.

"Oh, I hope the ointment will help. I also heard about your grandmother, too. Is she getting better?"

"Yup!" She made an 'o.k' with her hand, while an awkward smile appeared. "Just peachy! Thanks for asking."

"That's great," he smiled earnestly.

"So, you're going to Jiyeong are you?" her gaze slowly turned towards the concrete. "I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

"I hope so. But, she's probably already feeling better since you were there for her. Thanks for that."

"Well, she's my friend too, y'know. Of course, I'll be there for h--" Minji was then cut off by the intoxicating smell of Jungkook's cologne. It actually took her a second or two to process the fact that she was wrapped up in his arms for the second time.

'Oh my gosh,' Minji wrapped her arm around him, taking in as much of his scent as she could without fainting on the spot. 'He smells so good.' She closed her eyes as her head laid against his chest. This was one moment that Minji didn't want to end. All she wanted was for time to stop, just so that she could continue to be in his arms a little longer. Wrapped up--no, suffocated in his scent. 'What can I do to make you notice me, Jeon Jungkook?' But unfortunately, time was not on her side. Jungkook soon pulled away from their hug, ending it with a pat to her shoulder.

"You're nothing like Sumin, y'know. You've always been there for Jiyeong. And I know that you'll never betray her. Even though we might not have known each other long, I trust you a lot. We're a team if you think about it," he chuckled.

"Yeah..." What a way to bring out the guilt again.

"Do you want me to wait here with you until the bus gets here?"

"No need," she waved her hand back and forth. "You go to Jiyeong. I'm pretty sure she's expecting you right about now."

"Alright, I'll get going now. Get home safe," he waved, and then started off down the sidewalk again.

"Bye," she waved.

Once she got home, Minji sat in her room with the small unopened box staring right back up at her. "I need to take this thing." She was trembling. It was more definite in the way she inhaled and huffed out a sigh. "It's now or never, Minji." Minji pulled open the sealed tab on the side of the box and slowly slid out the test.

Just looking at the test alone was enough to momentarily cut the flow of her heartbeat. She just couldn't believe that she was holding a real pregnancy test. Not for anyone else, but herself. "I don't have to use the bathroom though..."

"Minji!"

"Yes!" Minji hurriedly opened up her pants and dropped everything inside, before swiveling around to meet her mother.

"Come help set the table. Dinner is just about ready."

"Yes, I'm coming." When her mother closed her door back, she released a sigh of relief. "That was too damn close."

After her 1st class, Kyunghee decided to keep an out eye for someone in particular before moving on to her next class. "Ah, there you are!" she jogged right up to him and caught him by the arm. "Hey you," when he turned around, Kyunghee became stunned at the wonderful eye candy towering her. 'Wow, he's really handsome up close up. But no more handsome than my Taehyungie.'

"Do you need something?" he quirked a brow in question.

"I most certainly do. Aren't you the guy that was with Jiyeong last week?"

"Yes?" Mingyu gave her a questionable look as he observed her from head to toe. "Wait a minute, you're the girl that was with Taehyung the other day."

"Oh, you saw me before? I'm touched that you remember me."

A stern face then took over Mingyu's handsome face. "What do you want?"

"Nothing much. Just to make a deal with you. I couldn't help but notice the few times that you were with Jiyeong. You seem to look at her a bit fondly. It's almost like you like her."

"What does it matter to you whether I do or not? You got something against her?"

"Look," she smirked, "I'm coming to you with a deal. An opportunity if that's what you'd like to hear. That girl is a total annoyance when it comes to my Taehyung, and since you seemed to like her, I thought it would benefit you if we were to team up to break them apart even more. Right now he's distant towards her, but I can tell that he still cares for her. And Jiyeong's no ugly girl. I can totally see the two of you together. Anybody as long as it's not him. So, how about it? Would you like to help me break them up?"

Mingyu sized Kyunghee up and down before a smirk of his own was drawn up. "You sound so desperate, that it's just sad."

A smirk to a frown, and a creased brow to compliment. "Excuse me?"

"I really pity girls like you. You sound just like some crazy chick in heat, drooling for a piece of Taehyung. I don't know why though. He may be good-looking, but he's no good guy. Anyways, I don't care about what you do to try and tear those two apart, but don't go try bringing me into your shit schemes." And with that, Kim Mingyu turned on his heel and left Kyunghee standing there in pure awe.

"You're going to regret talking to me like that! I'll make sure you're just as miserable as her once I'm finished with her!"

"I hope, for your sake, that you get your head checked out real soon." When Mingyu turned inside the classroom and grabbed himself a seat, he sighed. "If anyone is going to see to them break apart, It's going to be me for sure."

A/N: AWW YEAAHHHH!!! NEW ARC FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! o(≧∇≦o) I'M SO PUMPED! And we're not even near the climax, yet~

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...
17.4K 230 9
"Why are you still here Minji? Why would Taehyung still keep you around to look after me if he already got what he wanted..." His voice was quiet and...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...