To Be With You | hoshi

By StrawberriMelon

One day, mom fell in love with a new man. Now she's getting married again. But she's not the... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii (last chapter)
One Fine Day
One Fine Day pt.2
The Start of Seungwoo
A Drunken Night
Alternative Ending
special chapter
not a chapter lol but i got tagged chapter

l

6K 272 71
By StrawberriMelon

It's been ten days since he went missing. I couldn't sleep nor eat well because I kept thinking about him. He hasn't answered any of my texts or calls. Only god knows where he is. Ten whole fucking days without him. 

Mom wanted to go to the police for help, but dad shrugs it off, using the excuse of Soonyoung going through the "rebellion stage". But that obviously isn't a good enough explanation for this.  

Don't tell me he thinks this is the best for the two of us... gosh, Soonyoung, you're stupid.

The gossips took a turn for silence but it's still there. Seung-ah acts as my moral support, which I really need these days. During lunch, only Vernon, Wonwoo, and surprisingly Mingyu would stay with us at the table. The rest would feel awkward whenever I'm there. I feel like I'm almost an outcast in school. In the first place, I was already a misfit.

"Noona, how are things at home right now?", Vernon asked me while I was playing with my food.

"Since when had the two of you gotten close, by the way?", Wonwoo interrupted before I could answer. "You knew they were in a relationship, too."

"You knew, too?", Mingyu chipped in.

Vernon hesitantly nodded. "We just happened to become close one day.", he answered Wonwoo's question.

"Just how many people knew they were in a relationship?", Mingyu asked.

Seung-ah, Wonwoo, and Vernon looked at each other. "It's actually just the three of us.", Seung-ah answered. 

"It isn't a surprise they would end up together.", Wonwoo said, smirking. "Soonyoung liked Miyoung from a very long time ago."

"He was obviously into her.", Seung-ah agreed.

"Plus, they see each other everyday." The two of them grinned as they excitedly talked about me and Soonyoung. 

Mingyu frowned. "So, Hoshi-hyung was my rival from the very beginning?"

The two nodded. "Yeah, looking at sequence of events that happened so far.", Seung said. Mingyu sighed. 

I cleared my throat to speak amongst everyone. "So, to answer Vernon's question, Dad still believes Soonyoung just rebelling, so I don't think we'll have the police's help with us any sooner."

"When was the last time you even saw him?", Vernon asked.

"The morning of the day he went missing.", I answered.

"Wait, I thought you didn't see him after you woke up?", Seung-ah said. 

"Well, actually, we went somewhere the night before so we came back at early morning. It was after that that I couldn't find him."

"Oho~ And where did the two of you go that night?", Wonwoo inquired. "And what did you do?~"

Seung-ah snorted. "I'm sorry, please continue."

I rolled my eyes at them. "We just went to the beach. Nothing happened."

"The beach? At night? Isn't that dangerous?", Mingyu said.

"We didn't swim. We just... went there.", I said.

"Why'd you go there?"

"Soonyoung said he wanted to de-stress himself since that day was the day the rumors came out about us."

Then, Vernon, putting both of his hands up, said, "Okay, I'm sorry, but out of curiosity because of that video, is it safe to say you and Hoshi-hyung done it?"

Safe to say, huh? All eyes were on me, and they were all sparkling, waiting for my answer. I looked elsewhere before answering, "... yes."

Then, Wonwoo and Seung-ah high-fived each other. Vernon slammed the table and was grinning widely. Mingyu, on the other hand, looked very out of place. I hid my face with my hands, totally shy I admitted it. If this was like any other day, we might've looked like every other group in the cafeteria. But this isn't a (normal) normal day.

"Okay, guys, let's go back to talking about Soonyoung!", I said before this expands to something I'll feel really embarrassed about. 

"Like how he satisfied you?", Seung-ah said.

"Or exactly what you did that night?", Wonwoo said.

I felt my face burning. "Haha, today's not the day to tell you that story, sadly.", I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Aww~" The two of them frowned. "But we want to know~", Wonwoo said in an aegyo-like way. The  cringe...

"Ew, don't do that.", Seung-ah told him, showing him a disgusted face.

Wonwoo shrugged. "But I really want to know..."

Seung-ah nodded. "So do I. So, Miyoung, how hot was that night with Soonyoung?" She winked at me.

I sighed. "So you and Soonyoung-sunbae really did it? Heol...", Yerim's unwanted presence came into the picture. 

"Um, Yerim, I'm pretty sure you're the least welcomed person in this table. Please move along, together with your friends.", said Seung-ah, shooing them away.

"Sorry, I just overheard the conversation. I wanted to listen to."

Wonwoo sighed. "Yah, aren't you just sticking your nose into somebody else's business, then?", he told Yerim.

"I believe I'm just acquiring information." And, I believe her head's so thick, I can feel it from my seat.

He then scratched the back of his head. "Are you being serious with me now?"

"Well, of course I am, sunbae. Why shouldn't I?"

"Yerim, I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know the difference of what you said from what Wonwoo said.", Seung-ah said.

"So you think I'm stupid now?"

"Why, yes. In fact, I really do."

Yerim faked a gasp. "You're so mean to me, Seung-ah."

"You just noticed now? Wow, you're really stupid."

"Why you--"

Just as she was about to hit her, Mingyu spoke, "Yerim, just go away." Yerim stuttered before just walking away.

"God, my blood boils everytime." Seung-ah shook her head at her thoughts. "Only the power of Mingyu can keep that girl away."

"Okay, back to what we were talking about in the first place.", Mingyu said, looking at me.

"Oh, um, yeah... Sonyoung's disappearance.", I said.

"Okay, so why do you think he disappeared?", Seung-ah said, going into topic.

"I can bet that he thinks distance would solve this.", Vernon said.

"Yeah, exactly. He must be thinking it's best for the two of us.", I said, sighing.

Wonwoo shook his head. "Soonyoung, that idiot." 

And just like that, the school bell rang. Time to go back to class. "So, we'll close it as that for today.", Wonwoo concluded.

I went home tired as usual. I threw my bag on my bed and headed downstairs for food. The house felt so empty without him. I got a phone call just as I closed the refrigerator door. It was mom.

"Mom?", I said. 

"Miyoung?", she spoke on the other line. "Okay, dear, I want you to go to the police despite what your father said. It's been ten days, for god's sake."

"Do I have to bring anything with me?", I asked. I took a bite of the apple I had in my hand.

"Hmm, I'm not sure."

"Okay, mom. I'll just see when I'm there already."

"Okay. I'm just really worried."

"I think we all are."

"Of course. Well, that's it. Don't tell your father I told you this."

"Yes, mom."

"Okay, bye. I love you."

"Bye. Love you too, mom."

Before leaving, I took my wallet just in case I'll need it. I haven't finished the apple so I brought it with me. When I opened the door, I regretfully dropped my snack on the floor. I felt like I'd seen a ghost.

"Well, hello.", he greeted, smiling at me. I slammed the door on his face.

A/N: Double update for today~~ uwu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 1.2K 56
[ c o m p l e t e d ] "You guys are so touchy to each other, especially you, Hoshi. Can you keep it down a bit? Or don't make it too obvious...
54.7K 3.2K 17
❛ are you this flirty with everyone? ❜ ❛ what do you mean, sweetheart? ❜ . . . . . CANDYHYUCKS © 2018
70.2K 3.1K 18
He was suffering, and the constant stinging in his throat wasn't the problem. In fact, looking at them hug, hold hands, and exchange their love, was...
13.5K 585 15
|| 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚓𝚊 𝚅𝚞 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞? || -o- MARKHYUCK -o- BESTFRIENDS -everything in this fanfiction is just for...