Key to my Happiness (Damien H...

By sagtornamist

Not your typical love story. This involves the new member of the smosh fam - Damien Haas!!! He has been a cha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapte 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note
AUTHOR'S NOTE
THANK YOU
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT, MUST ANSWER QUICK
BONUS: Chapter 26
Bonus: Chapter 27
Bonus: Chapter 28

Chapter 3

5.3K 51 37
By sagtornamist

Caroline's POV

The smosh bus drove us to our apartment. Everyone said their goodbyes and it's just Keith and I. We entered the building and made it to the elevator. The apartment is on the 3rd floor. I'd gladly take the stairs but I got so many suitcases. The elevator dinged and he insisted for me to go in first, I held the button that keeps the door open and let him in. As we ascend to the corresponding level, I started to hymn on one of my favorite songs, All I Ask by Adele. "Man I love that song. We should like jam later." He said giving me a smile. "Sure." I said, still shyly. The door opened and we exited the elevator.

The apartment is about 4 doors to the right. Keith opened the door and let me view the wonderful cozy apartment.

"So Lin, This is the crib. What do you think?" Keith asked. Surprisingly his apartment is cleaner than mine. "It's perfectly fine, very homey too." I said, sitting on the couch. "Make yourself at home, this is already yours too." He said. I smiled. I took the chance and explored the apartment. You know, familiarizing so yeah.

Keith turned right and there I saw is 2 hallways that has 3 doors on the first hallway and the second connects to the kitchen. Wow what a space-y apartment. This might cost a lot.

"Lin Lin Lin." He called. "Yes?" I followed the voice that lead me to the right room on the other hallway. "It isn't spacey enough but, this is your room." Keith said.

I like the room, my only problem is the bed. It's too big! This is like a king-size, a queen-size, or even a single bed would be fine by me. "I like it. Although there is just one thing." I said. He looked at me, obviously listening. "I think the bed is too big for the room. Like I could fit so much stuff here if I have a smaller bed." I said. "Yeah. I can help you find a bed at IKEA tho. Unfortunately, I can't drive." He said. "Don't worry, I can drive and I can just buy a car too. I can also drive you to work everyday, if you want to." I insisted. "Awe. Lin that's so sweet. Can I have a hug please?" He said. "Yeah, of course. Don't worry about that." I hugged him. "So, you do your thing and imma do mine. I can cook dinner, what do you want?" I asked. "Can you do like Chicken and Waffles?" He asked. "For dinner?" "Why not?" We laughed "Sure just gimme a sec. We need to buy groceries." I said. "I'll come with you." Keith insisted. "Okay." I said.

Damien's POV

We just got home. Sharing an apartment with Shayne is amazing. Although, it might be a tad messy at times. I dropped my bag on the floor and just hugged the bed. Ugh too tired to function.

"So..." I heard Shayne. "So what?" I asked. "You like Lin huh?" He asked. I smiled a bit, not looking directly at him. "I don't know yet dude. I just got out of a relationship for two years. Yeah she's attractive but i'm unsure of everything." I said, rolling over so I'm faced the ceiling.
"We can befriend her first if you want to." He said. "I do want to be friends with her, the problem is I think I like her more than just that." I said. "Dude! You just met her. You just got out of a break up. I think it's just infatuation because your anger towards Regine washed you up. Maybe that's your defense mechanism. Instead of receiving the pain, you, instead, find distractions that can remove a certain feeling towards a person. Give it time. Be friends first. You got nothing to lose." Shayne said. "Wow! I'm best friends with my therapist. Good advice tho, but I'm afraid that with 'this' beginning with friendship, it will just stay as that." I said, "I know this is cliche but, If it's meant to be, it will be." He said.

"Wanna call the guys?" He asked. "Nah I'm good. I think I'll just rest for a while." "Yeah let's just sleep." He said. Welp. Maybe what I'm feeling right now towards her is just temporary. Maybe Shayne is right. It's just like a spur of the moment. Maybe tomorrow I won't feel the same way as today.

Caroline's POV

So... we just got home from the market. And by market I mean target. Keith and I had a splendid time. He is the funniest and sweetest guy I met. We got all the ingredients and started prepping up. While I was making waffles.

Keith went to his room, and got out with a bluetooth speaker. I got excited and immediately connected my phone to the device and I played "Who's loving you by Michael Jackson" GIRL! GET OUT THAT'S MY JAM! We started singing together. Our voices blended together like a pie. Wow. Nice comparison.

Dontcha know I sit around
With my head hangin' down
And I wonder who's lovin you

"Yeesssss Lin. I never knew you love Michael so much" He sound, very surprised. "Come on He's the God of Music" I said. "Oohhh I know a song." I added. I started playing "I'll be there by the Jackson 5" and that's when Keith and I actually sang a duet.

You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back
Where there is love, I'll be there

I'll reach out my hand to you, I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I'll be there

And oh, I'll be there to comfort you,
Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you

I'll be there with a love that's strong
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on - yes I will, yes I will

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well that's all I'm after
Whenever you need me, I'll be there

I'll be there to protect you, with an unselfish love that respects you
Just call my name and I'll be there

And oh, I'll be there to comfort you,
Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you

I'll be there with a love that's strong
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on - yes I will, yes I will

If you should ever find someone new, I know he'd better be good to you
Cause if he doesn't, I'll be there

Don't you know, baby, yeah yeah
I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there

(Just look over your shoulders, honey, oh)
I'll be there, I'll be there, whenever you need me, I'll be there

Don't you know, baby, yeah yeah
I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there

Keith and I looked at each other and that's when we realized. We'll get along just fine. He might be one of the greatest people I have ever met in my whole life.

After dinner, we just talked about ourselves, our likes, our dislikes, everything. But there is one thing I haven't told him yet. And that's about my family. There will be the perfect time for me to tell him that, I just felt like it's too soon if I tell him that right now.

Overall, we just had a good evening. He insisted on cleaning the plates and told me to rest for the night. I said my good night and proceeded to the bathroom where I take a warm relaxing shower.

Shower is the place where I am myself. While cleaning my body I just sing songs that comes into my mind. I got out of the shower, took a towel and proceeded to my room when I heard Keith on the kitchen, talking to someone perhaps, "She's the best roommate ever. You'll want to hang out with her. She might even be my new best friend. I promise you guys she's the best."

"Thanks Keith." I semi-yelled, enough for him to hear. He looked behind and saw me, he quickly looked away. Why? Then I remember... I'm just wearing a towel. I mentally slapped myself and just went inside my room. I locked the door and just wore my pajamas. I lie down in bed and got a video call from Boze. I answered it and her face appeared on my screen.

"Hey! How are you so far?" She asked. "Everything's great actually. Keith is fun to be with. Probably the title of boy best friend goes to him, only because I have no friends but you guys." I chuckled. "Anyway, Good night boo! I need to be at the office by 9, we have a live stream to make. Bye."she waved goodbye as I did the same. I never really asked what her job is tho.

I unlocked the door, charged my phone and killed the lights before shutting my eyes goodbye.

Keith's POV

The same time Lin went to take a shower, Courtney invited me to a group chat with the gang. I answered it immediately. "Hey guys what's up?" I started. "Cool" "Fine" "Nothin much" "the sky" a series of answers was all I could here. Everyone was talking about how they got home and stuff for tomorrow's plan when Shayne opened up about Lin. "So... how's the new roommate?"

"Dude she's amazing. She loves MJ too." I said. "Oohhh nice. Hey Keith maybe you'd forget that i am your best friend." Noah said with a fake frown. "You guys are all my best friends. I love y'all. But she's like one of the most down-to-earth person that I know. She's the best roommate ever. You'll want to hang out with her. She might even be my new best friend. I promise you guys she's the best." I said. "Thanks Keith" I heard from behind, I looked behind to see her but I quickly looked away from her cause she's on a towel, and she might get the wrong idea. I love her but not like something else. Just a friend, she good.

"What happened?" Olivia asked. "She heard me talking about her as I turn around to face her I quickly divert cause i don't want her to feel weird." I said. "How and why weird?" Shayne asked. "Well she just got out of the shower, she's only wearing a towel, and that's about it." "wow what a nice roommate you are, keith. You respect women" noah said, imitating pewdiepie. "Well I gotta go guys see y'all tomorrow." Courtney said and everyone quickly exchanged their goodbyes. I was about to end the call when Shayne screamed. It was only the two of us.

"So uhm Keith, you want me to drive you to the smoffice?" He offered. "No thanks but Lin will drive me there already." I answered. "Huh. Well can you tell me some things about her." He asked. Should I? They're both my friends tho, and he'll find it sooner or later so I'll just give him general facts about her.

"Well uhm, she's 21 years old, finished college - Culinary Arts, she likes music, books and some video games. She's addicted to memes, very. She showed me her phone. And she's single at the moment. I think she never had a boyfriend before." I said, "really? Huh okay. Uhm did she tell you her preferences when it comes to guys?" He asked. Wow he getting more specific. Should I worry that someone has a little crush on somebody? Nah he can manage. "She never told me." I answered. "Oh okay. Good night, Keith." He said waving goodbye.

Shayne's POV

Interesting. That can really help me. Oh about Lin? Yeah, no. I don't like her.  Maybe? I don't know why I asked that. Is it for damien or is it for me? *sniff sniff* damn it I need to take a shower.

End of Chapter 3

Hi guysss so what's up? How's the story so far?

You can give me some ideas or any suggestions you would like and i might include it to the story. Love you guys. Make sure to vote for the story and comment your thoughts. Creative criticism is accepted.

LOVE YOU ALL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 137 30
(REPUBLISHED THIS!! OG WRITTEN IN 2019!!!) Damien and y/n know they love each other, but can't be together- why? y/n moves to La knowing she'd work...
17.2K 275 24
hey y'all constructive criticism is welcome. Y/N moved to LA 4 years ago and still hasn't found her spark. After a huge fight with her roommate she...
31.8K 517 26
Starting out with just a meet and greet at Vidcon, ended up getting a chance of working for Smosh. Not to mention, a chance getting to hang out with...
104K 1.9K 33
Highest rankings: #1 in DamienHaas #2 in Smoshgames A Damien X reader fanfic. [Book one.] You moved out to LA and applied for a job at Smosh! You...