Morning Coffee (Team Fortress...

By xfayfay72x

A morning coffee always wakes Sniper up, but maybe Scout could more. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 5

2.5K 77 149
By xfayfay72x

Scout's eyes popped open at a sudden noise, but he didn't dare move. He glanced around, trying to remember where he was and how he got there. It suddenly hit him that he was still in Snipers van, no longer on the couch but now on the bed.

Scout listened in and realized he was simply hearing Sniper walking around, going about his day. He was humming some tune of a song Scout didn't recognized but it made him smile nonetheless. It was cute.

It was cute.

Scout flushed when the thought entered his mind. Thinking Sniper was cute was all kinds of wrong. Sniper was a killer, an assassin. He blew people's heads off. He threw his own piss at people, for christ's sake. The man should've been anything but cute in Scouts mind. But that didn't necessarily stop him.

Scout sat up, looking over at him. Sniper had his back to Scout, getting something out of the cupboard. He realized it was coffee and smiled to himself.

Sniper glanced behind him. "Ah, finally awake, sleepyhead?" Sniper teased.

Scout replied, flushing, "Yeah, sorry about that, you could've woken me up."

Sniper shrugged, "Didn't want to disturb you, that's all," He replied, pouring his morning coffee.

Scout smiled, "Well, thank you, I hardly sleep and I think that was the best sleep I've had in like, forever." He said.

"What do you mean?" Sniper asked, curious.

Scout shrugged, not wanting to talk about it much. "I, ah, sometimes I get nightmares from when I, y'know, died for a few minutes, back in Australia. They usually keep me from sleeping," Scout explained.

"Me too, mate. I died back there too, but Medic brought me back. I still think about it," Sniper mumbled. There was an odd silence, both of them wanting to say more but neither of them doing so.

Scout yawned. He glanced at the alarm clock. 10:00. He felt his heart skip a beat before realizing it was Saturday, and there was no fighting BLU team. He internally sighed.

"So, got any plans?" Scout asked.

Sniper shrugged. "I was gonna head into town for groceries but I reckon that's not what you meant by plans," Sniper said.

Scout chuckled, "Not exactly, but can I come?"

Sniper looked at him. "Why? Don't you have fun things to do?" He asked.

Scout laughed. "Nah, i'd rather hang out with you, Snipes,"

Sniper flushed. "Well, alright, I'll be going in a bit, so pull yourself out if bed,"

Scout nodded, finally getting up. It took him just a few minutes to make himself someone presentable. Sniper and Scout got into Snipers van and headed off into Teufort.

It wasn't that long of a drive, but they didn't exactly live in town. It was a good 20 minute drive. Sniper turned on the radio, playing some random radio station.

Scout decided to test the waters with Sniper. "So, I had this thought when I woke up," he began.

"Mhm, and what's that?" Sniper hummed.

Scout grinned. "If I fell asleep in your couch, how did I end up in your bed?" He teased.

Sniper flushed. "I, kinda, had to carry you," He said sheepishly.

Scout smirked. "Did you sleep there with me?" He asked.

Sniper flushed again, keeping his eyes on the road. "No, I slept on the couch," He hissed. Scout grinned. He leaned back, accomplished at making Sniper get flustered. Sniper continued staring at road, which was probably good, but he was still defiantly embarrassed.

They eventually pulled into the supermarket, both getting and walking in together. Sniper had a small list of things to buy, and somehow even that was adorable to Scout.

Scout tried his hardest to act like he was on a date, which seemed bizarre when you put more than 2 seconds of thought into it, but he tried not to do that. He held the door open and pushed his cart for him.

It wasn't as weird as he thought it would be, but it was still strange. It was unnatural for Scout to do such mundane things as grocery shopping when he killed people on the daily. And it was even weirder to see a coworker, who also killed people on the regular, do it as well. But Scout tried not to think about it as he got lost in thought again.

The store was fairly busy, and that seemed to affect Sniper. He was grabbing things quiet frantically and avoiding aisles that were crowded with people. It made Scout feel bad to see him so anxious.

Sniper stared down a crowded aisle. Scout picked up, "What do ya need?" He asked.

Sniper stared at him in shock. "I, um, bread, I need bread," he said. Scout nodded, giving him finger guns to lighten the mood.

It worked, Sniper broke out into a laugh and Scout grinned. He walked down the aisle, slipping between people and grabbing the bread for Sniper.

"Thanks, mate," Sniper said.

Scout nodded, "No prob,"

Everything after that went fine until Sniper was finished and was heading towards to check out. Scout picked up on it instantly. "Hey, Snipes, I'll get the stuff, go wait in your van," He offered.

"Oh, you don't have to do that," Sniper said. He stuffed his hands in his pockets to stop his shaking.

"I got it," Scout insisted.

Sniper smiled. "Thank you, I'll be in the car," He said, walking out.

Scout got in line, setting his items on the conveyor belt thingy. The lady rang his items up and he quickly paid for it and got the groceries back into the cart, before walking out to Sniper.

Scout put the groceries in the back and sat beside Sniper. "All ready," He said.

"Alright," Sniper murmured, pulling away. There were a few moments of silence as they pulled away from the heavy town traffic. They were the only ones on the road when Sniper spoke up again, "Thanks for that, mate. Not just the checking out but everything, I always get anxious and stuff," Sniper rambled.

Scout grinned. "Guess you've been hanging around me too much, you're picking up my rambling. It's totally cool, Snipes,"

Sniper smiled, glancing over at Scout before fixing his eyes back on the road. The rest of the ride home was quiet, the radio being the only thing to break the silence.

***

Engineer came knocking on Scouts door then next morning. He frantically ran to the door, opening it. "Hey, Engie, what's up?" Scout asked.

Engineers face lit up, "Miss Pauling is here today," He said.

Scout, surprisingly, felt nothing. On the other hand, that terrified him, knowing he was really over it. "Why's that?" He asked.

Pyro jumped in. "We're going to the beach!" He said, words muffled by the gas mask.

Scout raised an eyebrow at Engie, show simply shrugged. "She wants everybody down in the base in ten minutes, can you go swing by and get Sniper?" Engineer asked.

Scout nodded, "Yeah, i'm on it," He said.

Everyone gathered in the meeting room with varying levels of excitement and confusion. On one end, Pyro had never looked happier, and on the other end, Spy looked downright disgusted.

"Alright, is sure everyone's very...confused as to why we're going to the beach. But, the Administration wants someone...knocked off and that's where they spend a lot of time. I may need backup, depending on how difficult the situation is, but i'm fairly sure I can handle it. So, enjoy your day off! Oh, and if anyone asks, we're just a group of friends hanging out!" She said frantically, still sorting through some papers.

Pyro clapped his hands, running go grab some things while everyone shuffled out of the room, grabbing their things as well. Somehow, everyone fit inside a minivan Miss Pauling was driving. And so, they headed off to the beach.

A/N: me: let's write something good
Brain: they go grocery shopping
Me: .....
Brain: and then they go to the beach
Me: fuckin genius
it's so dumb jfc this fic is a mess lmao
Thanks for reading this trash lmaooooooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 321 21
After an incident leading the the Blu Snipers death, a brand new replacement arrives and to everyones surprise it's the Red Sniper's sister.
23 4 1
Before Medic, before Soldier, before Spy.
16.4K 313 14
Which man will you choose? Nine different men to choose from in this adventurous novel. Read and hopefully enjoy...
5.3K 147 18
this is the story of how the war all started.