homophobic • gxg [✔]

By pimpdaddykei

Janelle, a 16 year old student comes out as gay to her family, and to herself. Feeling as though her sexualit... More

disclaimer(s)
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty seven
epilogue

twenty six

111 7 9
By pimpdaddykei

twenty six

3 months later...

The months went by as my friend group, Jade and I got closer. Specifically, Jade and I. Sure, she and Kate became good friends with my friends, but Jade and I were on more than just a 'friendly' level.

Alyssa was right about Jade and I, we had become friends with benefits. We spent days cuddling and kissing, others going on dates and flirting. The most logical explanation I could come up with was that both of us were too afraid to ask the other out.

That was going to change on May 20th, 2017, the day of Eva's graduation party. I was going to ask her out.

Eva's graduation was on the Friday before the 20th, yet our mom wanted to make the party afterwards, I guess as a going away party.

School had ended that Thursday, and our state exam scores got back, and luckily, I passed.

Everything was going great, all I needed to happen was for Jade to say 'yes' at the party.

That morning, I was scrolling through Fall Out Boy's Instagram, confused yet excited for the new album, M A N I A, that was being released in September. Their new song, Young and Menace, wasn't quite like their old music, but it was still an extraordinarly good song.

"Oops, I did it again, I forgot what I was losing my mind about,"  I sung along with Patrick, "I only wrote, this down to make you press rewind, sending the message that I was young and a menace!"

"I-I'm a menace! I'm a men- I'm a men- I'm a menace, babe!"  I shrieked, not even caring that I sounded like a wild chimpanzee. Yet, before I could finish on with my horrid screaming, my mom bursted into my room, and I quickly paused my music.

"Are you okay?" She asked, with a concerned look on her face. "I heard you screaming about you being a menace, so I assumed you were going insane."

"No, Ma'," I chuckle, clearing my throat, "It was Fall Out Boy's new song, Young and Menace."

"Oh! Thank goodness. But, please," She sighed in relief, "sing something in your vocal range. I don't want to have to come in here, thinking you're- like- dying, but turns out it's Panic! At The Disco's new song."

"Alright, Ma'," I laugh, as she slowly closes the door.

"Oh!" My mom popped back up, "The party starts in, like, 5 hours. I suggest you invite your friends beforehand so you can find them,  before a bunch of senior graduates crowd the house."

"I'll look into that," I joke, "I'll make sure to have them come before I can't find them in the mix of giant seniors."

"Whatever makes you happy," She mumbled, smiling and closed my door.

After she left, I quickly grabbed my phone and texting my groupchat.

Best Friends 😛💞
Janelle: Losers
Lyssa💕: You called
Janelle: lmfao yes
Grace❤: what do you want im trying to sleep
Janelle: come over & you can sleep at my house
Nicky😂: bitch what are you on it's 10am
Queen💗: the hell do y'all waaant
Janelle: jADEEEE
Queen💗: what
Janelle: come over our friends are pussies :(((
Queen💗: can't, I'm at the mall w kate
Janelle: why at 10am
Queen💗: 🅱 idfk
Janelle: deadass breaking up w you
Queen💗: we aren't dating
Janelle: not yET
Queen💗: o h ;')
Janelle: ;'))
Grace❤: SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP
Janelle: go to sleep
Grace❤: I'm coming over tho
Janelle: rEALLY
Grace❤: open the door
Janelle: i thot i gave everyone a key
Grace❤: i forgot it lmAo
Janelle: smfh ok coming

I jump off my bed, jogging to the front door, just in time to hear Grace knocking.

"Hey!-" I open the door to see Nick, Grace and Alyssa with their pajamas still on and bags in their hands. "Where the hell did all of you come from?"

"We live down the street, dumbass." Nick reminded me, walking inside.

"Hey, Janelle," Grace said sleepily, walking in last and I wave at her, closing the door.

"Hi, Ms. Brooks!" Nick greeted my mom, and she quickly ran from out of the kitchen- where she was preparing several of the snacks for the party- to embrace all of my friends.

"Oh, hello, guys!" She smiled, giving all of them hugs. "You all came pretty quickly," She looked at me with a surprised expression.

"I don't even know," I respond, shrugging dumbfoundedly.

"Alright, well," My mom let go of Alyssa, "The party planners are going to be here in an hour to start getting everything ready, the food's almost done. The cake's in the oven still. Are you guys hungry?"

Everyone slowly nodded their heads, besides Grace, who was about to fall asleep any second.

"Great! I'll have your breakfast ready  faster than you can say LGBT!" My mom informs us, walking back to the kitchen and we laugh our ways to my room.

"Kinda ironic how she said LGBT knowing that we're all LGBT." Grace mumbled, as all 3 of them threw their bags in a corner. It happened at every sleep over.

"Yeah, that's true-" Alyssa nodded, sitting in my bean bag, Nick in my desk chair, and I sit on my bed. "Wait what?" We all looked at Grace.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell you guys," Grace yawned, slowly laying down next to me. "I'm bisexual."

"Aye! Congratulations!" Nick clapped his hands, and we all cheered her on.

"Yeah, thanks." That was the last thing she said, and she was out like a light.

"What a way to come out." Alyssa commented, chuckling. "I should've done that when I told you guys I was asexual."

"Don't worry, I'll love you bitches, even if you came out as kindergender." Nick assured us.

"No, that's weird." I said, chuckling, as I hear a knock on the door. I jolt up to open it, revealing my mom with a large tray in her hands.

"Who's kindergender?" She asks, stepping into the room.

"No one," I promise her, "We were just talking...about the LGBT+ community."

"Oh, okay," She smiles, crouching down to give us each a plate of bacon, eggs, grits, pancakes and a glass of orange juice. She even put a plate for Grace on my desk for when she wakes up. "It's good that you're discussing it every once and a while. I want you to be comfortable with your sexuality."

It's crazy how just a few months ago, I was so unaccepting of my own sexuality. Even though every one around me supported me 101%, I had always found an odd reason in my head to not be supportive of myself.

It's surprised me how embracing I am about it. Being around Nick and Jade - both also being gay - has really allowed myself to be open and proud about it. I even put back up my coming out post, and got a lot less hate. Maybe the hate is just a test to see if you'll try to change yourself. Explaining that you're proud of yourself is probably the key to every one being accepting. I couldn't care less about hate, though. I'm happier than ever, and that's that.

••••••••••

It was 3PM when the party had started. It was pretty early for a party to begin, but it was ending at 10PM. I didn't know how long it was going to take my mom to break and make everyone go home.

The party had barely been going for 20 minutes, when a pack of wild seniors already made it to the house. I had a feeling that the party planners, who had been paid to clean, were going to be cleaning for several hours.

"Hey bitches," Eva yelled to us over the ear-bleeding rap music playing, "Are you enjoying the party?"

"Play some Melanie Martinez and then come back to me." Nick replied, wincing at the loud noise booming through the speakers.

Eva laughed wholeheartedly, obviously thinking that Nick was joking. "See you guys." She waved, passing through her former classmates, to the yard.

"I wasn't joking." Nick whined, frowning.

"What even is this music, though?" Grace asked, covering her ears lightly.

"I'm not even calling this music anymore." I say bitterly, shaking my head.

"Forget the music, you wouldn't care once you see who's arrived at the door." Alyssa pointed out, turning me to the front door.

"Aye!" I smile, "Pillar!" I yell, and Pillar quickly turns to me, smiling and making her way over to our group.

"Hey, guys," She waves at us all.

"Hey," Nick, Alyssa, and Grace all chime at the same time.

"What's up? How's summer so far?" I ask her, yelling over the horrid shrieks playing from the other side of the house.

"Pretty good, I'm about to go backpacking in Europe tomorrow morning, so I won't be around for the rest of the summer." Pillar explains, placing her hands in her front pockets.

"Aw! I'll miss you!" I frown.

"I'll try my best to text you everyday." She promises, swaying her arms back and forth.

"Where's your little entourage?" I try remembering their names, "...Theresa and Amber?"

"Oh, them?" Pillar scratches her chin, "I'm going to the beach with them today. I wanted stop by before I left for Europe, though."

"That's sweet." I smile, looking down at her, "I hope you have a great trip."

"I hope you build up the courage to ask Jade out," Pillar teases, pulling me into a hug.

"You have no idea." I mutter, after we both pull apart.

"Hey, I don't think I can stay long," Pillar says. She probably didn't hear my comment. "I have to go get ready for the beach."

"Okay, Pillar." I sigh, "I'll see you when school starts?"

"Y'know it," She winks, heading for the door. "Have a good summer!"

"You too!" I wave her goodbye, as she heads out the door.

I turn back around to see that Nick, Grace and Alyssa were all not even paying attention to anything around them. They all were listening to music, besides Grace, who was reading yaoi fan fiction, of course. I swear, you'd think my friends were the most antisocial people ever at a gathering.

"Is this how you idiots spend your time at a party?" I scream, so they could hear me over the 21st century rap playing.

There was silence for several seconds, until Nick and Alyssa popped one earbud of their ears, and Grace looked away from her phone, with an exasperated, "What?" coming from all of them at the same time.

I sigh, putting my hands up in defeat, and walking away from the group.

•••••••••

2 hours passed and more people were at the party. It seemed as though my sister had invited every person that was in her contacts.

The only person, though, I couldn't spot was Jade. I was afraid she had decided not to come. Or maybe she didn't want to see me? I sighed nervously, sitting down at the island with my group of friends, the youngest of the house.

"Hey bitches!" Eva smiled, dancing to the noise coming out of the speakers. "Enjoying the party yet?"

"I would," Alyssa said, "If there was more space to breathe."

"Yeah, what did you do?" Grace added in, "Invite the entire school?"

"Oh, no!" Eva laughed, "Just the senior class."

"How even do you know that nany people?" Nick asked, curiously. "I have over 100 contacts on Snapchat, but I barely talk to 5 people."

Eva started laughing hysterically hard, holding onto her chest and the island for support. "Janelle, your friends are hilarious! Where do you find these kids?" And she dried her glassy eyes, walking away.

"I'm sorry about her." I tell my friends, apologetically, even though they're probably used to Eva being this way.

"Oh, don't worry about it." Alyssa assured me, "She's probably drunk."

I smile half heartedly, staying on the lookout for Jade. I stared at the front door, hoping for the next person to walk in being Jade. Several seniors- including Christal, whom I had talked to the first hour of the party- piled into our house like we were giving away gold. Yet, much to my surprise, the next person to walk inside, was the beautiful girl I had hoped to see all night.

"Jade!" I sighed in an exasperated whisper. She turned around, looking for me, and luckily she saw me.

"Hey!" She yelled to me, as I made my way to the front door. "Am I late? Sorry, I was doing my make up, then Kate decided to not come so I had to walk home, get my car and-"

I interrupt her by giving her a kiss on the lips. She smiled brightly at me, sending sparks to my stomach.

"It's okay, really," I assure her, grabbing her a hand and pulling her to the island, where my friends were at.  "I've got to ask you something."

"Yeah?" She asks, smiling up at me.

"Jade, will you be my-"

"WHAT?" Jade yelled over the loud voices and speakers.

"HEY EVERY ONE!" I yell, but no one stopped talking. I quickly grab a pan and a wooden stick, and I stand on top of the island, beating the stick menacingly. "HEYY!"

Much to my surprise, the seniors stop their talking to look at me, and the noise coming out of the speakers was turned all the way down. I look down at my friends, who were giving me a thumbs up and approving smiles.

"Okay," I said, putting the kitchen utensils down. "I have something say!"

Everyone's attention was at me, and even Nick started to record.

"Jade, you are the best girl I've met." I begin, "You've been by my side even when I told you not to. You're hilarious, daring, beautiful and basically the perfect package in a girlfriend.

"Which is what I want you to be." I jump down from the island, and I grab Jade's hands. "Jade Parker, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" She replied almost immediately, smashing her lips onto mine.

Most of the room applauds happily, others muttering and disgusted, "Ew." But I ignored it, I was with who I wanted to be with and that was my goal this Summer.

"What?" Jade asks after we pull away, "You've never seen a gay couple? Fuck off!"

"Jade, calm down." I chuckle, "You taught me to not care what others thought, remember?"

"Yeah." She sighed, "Okay! Go back to your party!" She yelled, before giving me another kiss and hug.

"Awwwwwww!" Nick whines happily, making us pull apart, "I need a boyfriend."

"This is so cute!" Grace clapped her hands, jumping up and down. "I'm writing a fan fiction for sure!"

"I seen it coming." Alyssa confessed, but adding on, "But, y'all are super cute!" After Grace and Nick gave her the death glare.

"So what shall we do now, girlfriend?" I asked Jade, hugging her waist.

"I don't know, girlfriend." Jade replied back, hugging my waist as well. "Maybe I should meet your mom? Again?"

"Okay," I nodded, but don't make a fool of yourself."

"But, that's my speciality!" Jade argued, pouting playfully.

"Ahaha, you're so adorable." I pinched her cheek, making her fake frown go away. "Race ya to the nachos!"

"Oh, I bet you won't win!" She yelled, as we ran to the stand outside our backyard.

"Watch me!" I yelled back, laughing of joy.

••••••••••

a/n: one chapter left :'( should be out today or tomorrow!

updates have been so slow. I'm sorry, I've been hella depressed over my best friend passing... i can't even anymore :'(

Anyway, the epilogue will be up the same day as the last chapter. Yeet.

Word Count: 2638

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4M 378K 41
Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homeschooled for years. With his supportive, ol...
27.7K 1.2K 41
Can be love be so instant it changes everything? A robynxnicki love story
105K 4.7K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
2.4K 93 24
It all started in my Junior year of high school. That year was when everything changed, when everything that I've known about myself was no longer t...