paper love | edward nygma

By smellxthexroses

{SLOW UPDATES} {ON HIATUS} [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] *PLEASE READ THE LATEST CHAPTER FOR AN IMPORTANT UPDATE REGA... More

Introduction
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1 β—‹ First Day
Chapter 2 β—‹ Right As Rain
Chapter 3 β—‹ I'm Fine
Chapter 4 β—‹ I'm Fine?
Chapter 5 β—‹ I Have Questions
Chapter 7 β—‹ Blame It On You
Chapter 8 β—‹ There Was Nothing You Could Do
Chapter 9 β—‹ Different Is Good
Chapter 10 β—‹ It's What She Wants
Chapter 11 β—‹ The Assistant Life
Chapter 12 β—‹ Responsibility
Chapter 13 β—‹ Intriguing
Chapter 14 β—‹ Friendship
Chapter 15 β—‹ Rumors
Chapter 16 β—‹ Conscience
Chapter 17 β—‹ Intelligence
Chapter 18 β—‹ Companionship
Chapter 19 β—‹ Jokester
Chapter 20 β—‹ Trust
Chapter 21 β—‹ Injured
Chapter 22 β—‹ Decisions
Chapter 23 β—‹ Confession
Chapter 24 β—‹ Mourning
Chapter 25 β—‹ Suspicion
Chapter 26 β—‹ Savior
Chapter 27 β—‹ Invitation
Chapter 28 β—‹ Temper
Chapter 29 β—‹ Reassurance
Chapter 30 β—‹ Radiance
Chapter 31 β—‹ Flustered
Chapter 32 β—‹ Tragedy
Chapter 33 β—‹ Insomnia
Chapter 34 β—‹ Inhuman
Chapter 35 β—‹ Criminal
Chapter 36 β—‹ Found
Chapter 37 β—‹ Strange
Chapter 38 β—‹ Rehabilitation
Chapter 39 β—‹ Escapist
Chapter 40 β—‹ Visit
Chapter 41 β—‹ Discussion
Chapter 42 β—‹ Riddler
Chapter 43 β—‹ Reunited
Chapter 44 β—‹ Notable
β˜… AUTHOR'S NOTE β˜…
Chapter 45 β—‹ Employment
Chapter 44 β—‹ Excuses
Chapter 45 β—‹ Barbara
β˜… AUTHOR'S NOTE β˜…
Chapter 46 β—‹ Future
ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ!!

Chapter 6 β—‹ Special Delivery

1.3K 39 1
By smellxthexroses

  ★。\|/。★

"IT'S GRACE, I WAS SENT TO GIVE YOU

 A FILE ON A CASE YOU ARE WORKING ON."

★。/|\。★

GRACE GRAYSON

What was James' problem? Edward is so nice, I didn't faint because of him, did I? I was overreacting, and so was James. I had to go to work, so I went to bed earlier than normal. It was a long weekend and it was going to be an even longer work week.

I walked into work and everything was the same. There were all of the same sounds, people, and yells coming from the holding cells. It was the same old police department, and it was a typical Gotham environment. I saw Edward speed-walk into the forensics lab. I walked up to the balcony to go to Captain Essens' office. I walked in, and she greeted me. "Hello Grace, how was your weekend?" She was grinning and stood up slowly to open her file cabinet. 

"It was okay, I had a minor problem but it's nothing." 

Her gaze went over to me. She was obviously worried, I don't know why. It wasn't important at all, I just fainted! 

"What happened? Did you get hurt?" 

I chuckled, but actually thinking about it, did I get hurt? I mean, I might of when I fell, but I'm sure I never got hurt in Edward's presence. He is considerate and would never think of that.

"No, I didn't. I'm perfectly fine Ma'am." 

She shrugged and walked back to her desk with a file in her hand. "Grace, could you please deliver this file to Edward in the forensics lab? It is information on the victim he is currently working on." I nodded and grabbed the file.

 I walked over and looked over to the right. I never even noticed that there was a Records Annex, and I knew I would have to go visit whoever is in charge of the Annex one day. I refocused myself and walked over to the forensics lab. 

I stopped outside of the lab when I heard what I assumed to be Edward yelling. Who was he yelling at? I couldn't hear another voice, but he was clearly agitated at another person. I heard some of his conversation. "Why are you doing this?" and "Leave her alone, you monster." Who was he talking about, me? I decided that it was time to knock on the door. 

I knocked with a pattern like I always would. "W-Who is it?" said Edward, who was clearly nervous about something. "It's Grace, I was sent to give you a file on a case you are working on." He started walking over to the door and opened it. I was surprised by his face, as it was very sweaty. He adjusted his collar and smiled at me. "Please, Miss Grayson, come in." Why not? Nothing could go wrong by just visiting the man in his office, he never gets visited by anyone anyway.

A/N

Hello, everyone! If you notice a change in my writing, it is because I have been trying a new style, which is more personalized with every character. Grace's grammar is normal, James' is usually laid-back, and Edward is very formal. I hope you enjoyed this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506 23 7
Edward Nygma is used to being like a shadow, unnoticed and unappreciated. Then one day he sees someone who is just like him yet completely different...
1.3K 34 15
"I'm not a bad person, but I'd do bad things for you." ~~ When Five Jackson, a Gotham drug dealer who works for the Penguin witnesses a mass killin...
318 57 6
Fear is fate. A year after the events of Batman: Son Of Gotham, Bruce Wayne and the GCPD begin noticing erratic behaviour across the city of Gotham...
21.3K 821 30
It started with a simple crush but after a night full of alcohol it turned out as a real, life-changing, problem. ❗WARNING❗ β€’ Mature Content * Season...