Kingdom Hearts; The Light's K...

By Snowqueens13

Y is a young keyblade wielder in training well on her way to becoming a master one day. But when the day she'... More

Prologue; Connect
Chapter I; Under The Stars
Chapter II; The Start
Chapter III; Mark of Mastery
Chapter IV; Departure
Chapter V; Heartless
Chapter VI; Heart of Light
Chapter VIII; Dreams Don't Come True
Chapter IX; Caught
Chapter X; Changes In The Dark
Chapter XI; Answers
Chapter XII; Fears And Lies
Chapter XIII; Reunion
Chapter XIV; Darkness Calls
Chapter XV; Finding Friends
Chapter XVI; Hidden Whispers
Chapter XVII; Burn Bright
Chapter XVIII; A True Hero
Chapter XIX; Games of Darkness
Chapter XX; Theirs Alone
Chapter XXI; All is Changed
Chapter XXII; Certain Dark Things
Chapter XXIII; Fighting Fate
Chapter XXIV; Friendship Circle
Chapter XXV; Lost Boys
Chapter XXVI; Innocence of the Stars
Chapter XXVII; Navigate the Stars
Chapter XXVIII; Catch a Falling Star
Chapter XXIX; One Sky
Chapter XXX; Hiraeth
Chapter XXXI; War of Hearts
Chapter XXXII; Sanctuary
Epilogue; Reconnect
What's Next

Chapter VII; Unmasked

257 8 3
By Snowqueens13

The first world Y found looked to be a rather peaceful world. She arrived on a path that seemed deserted. To one direction was a town surrounding a beautiful castle that was a pale blue color. To the other direction was a forest with what looked like large manors scattered through the distance. She could barely see the rooftops above the trees.

"First place I show, and of course it's empty," Y muttered to herself. She looked up and down the road, trying to decide where to begin her search. She had no idea where any of her friends would be if they were even there. She frowned thinking. The best place to start was looking for the Unversed.

Y turned towards the castle. If she were to find negative emotions it was more than likely going to be in the city, right? Y herself had never found city life all that pleasant. Not nearly enough open air.

Y began her walk towards the castle. She looked around as she walked, looking for anything unusual. Maybe the masked boy, or even just an Unversed. But she saw nothing. It was a bright clear day with no sign of anything evil. That was until she heard the cries for help, at least.

Y ran ahead to see a tall man dressed in fancy looking clothes. He had black hair and a mustache and wore a monocle. He was being attacked by a group of Unversed. Y gave a heavy sigh summoning her keyblade.

"Looks like I was wrong." She said to herself before running towards the man. She fought away the Unversed almost too easily. They didn't run from her when she tried attacking, more stared at her in awe. She noticed some of their movements were like they were afraid. Others moved as if anxious.

Once they were all gone Y turned to the man who had been attacked. He was standing straight, brushing his shoulders off. He looked at Y in interest, not speaking.

"Are you ok?" Y asked. She didn't see any visible harm more than a few scratches, but he could be more mentally harmed than anything.

"I'm quite alright, thank you." The man replied. Y tried to decide if he was lying or not. Seeing nothing that could point to a lie Y nodded, looking over her shoulder for anymore Unversed.

"How long have those monsters been causing a problem?" Y asked curiously turning her attention to the man. He seemed to think about it for a moment.

"Not long. They appeared after a boy in a mask arrived in our kingdom. They obeyed his every order." The man answered. Y blinked in surprise. She thought maybe the boy in the mask had something to do with the Unversed, but she hadn't expected them to obey his every order. She didn't think they were under his command. But why follow him?

"Really. Well, you should be careful, those monsters could attack you at any moment." Y said with a smile.

"While that is true I'm afraid I must keep moving. There is to be a royal ball tonight and I must deliver the invitation to the house of Lady Tremaine." The man said. Y frowned looking at him in thought.

"Why don't you give me the invitation. I'll be sure it gets there." Y offered. This man couldn't defend himself, she most certainly did not want him going off on his own. The man seemed to consider this offer carefully, Y could practically see his mind working to decide if she could be trusted.

"Very well." The man decided. He handed Y a white envelope sealed with red wax. It definitely looked like something from royalty. Y took it and glanced it over, there was no writing on it. "Lady Tremaine lives in the first manor you will come across in the woods. The monsters are rather plentiful there, so be on your guard." The man warned.

"Thanks for the warning." Y said. She looked up at the man with a cheerful smile. "I'll be sure this gets delivered for you." She said.

"You are doing the king a great favor young lady." The man said. Y couldn't decide what that meant, whether it was a compliment or a statement. Royalty always confused her like that.

"Right." Y agreed. "Well, I'll be off now." She said. The man nodded and turned back towards the city. Y turned away from him back towards the way she had come.

Going through the woods Y was surprised to find it mostly empty. The road was clear of any Unversed. It was almost as if they all had vanished from sight. That was until she drew closer to the manor of Lady Tremaine. Suddenly there were Unversed everywhere. The dark purple monsters that had glowing red eyes. The green ones that looked like they were shaking in fear. Large ones that had a tendency to explode. Flying ones that cured the other Unversed. Every kind of Unversed Y thought could possibly exist. Something in that manor must have been attracting them.

When Y finally fought her way to the front door she took a moment to breathe. She glanced over her shoulder at the yard. It showed no signs of the fight she had to put up to get to the front door. Nothing to show the Unversed had even existed. It was almost like nothing had happened. What a sad and lonely way to die. Bound to be forgotten, like you hadn't even existed. Y suddenly found herself pitying the Unversed.

Y shook her head returning her attention back to the task at hand. She looked up at the door and calmly knocked. She glanced around once again while waiting. She wasn't sure what she should be expecting really. With the amount of Unversed hanging around she got the feeling the people of this household weren't pleasant. Something had to bring the Unversed here, and since they fed on negativity what else could bring them here?

Y's thoughts were interrupted by the door being opened. Y was greeted by the exact opposite of what she had been expecting. It was a young blonde girl, perhaps a few years older than Y. From what she was wearing Y suspected her to be the maid.

"Hello." The girl greeted brightly. Y blinked in surprise. She could feel it. This girl was radiating light. She must have been one of the princesses Master Eraqus had mentioned.

"Uh, hi." Y said after a moment. She held out the invitation she had been asked to deliver. "I was asked to bring this to the house of Lady Tremaine, which I assume this is." The young blonde took it from Y, looking at the envelope in interest.

"Why, what is it?" The girl asked curiously.

"An invitation to a royal ball," Y answered. The girl looked up at Y with a radiant smile. Y found herself looking away with a soft smile. It was as if the girl's emotions were affecting Y's. Like her happiness was contagious.

"Thank you, I'll be sure my stepmother sees it." The blonde said with a bow of her head. She closed the door leaving Y standing there in confusion. She wasn't just a maid? Then why on earth was she dressed like one? Shouldn't she look like nobility?

Y shook her head and sighed, leaving the porch step. She had done her task, no need to hang around. She glanced over her shoulder at the house one last time before returning the way she had come, heading to the city.

Y only made it to a place about halfway to where she had met the man. It was an open clearing surrounded by dark trees. The road for some reason extended to cover the entire clearing, making no grass grow. Y assumed it was a place for turning carriages around. She did a quick glance around and froze seeing something she had definitely not expected.

Standing leaning against a tree on the edge of the clearing was the masked boy. Y couldn't see where his gaze was looking, but she felt it was probably focused on her. The thought of his gaze on her made her nervous. It was like he was deciding if she was useful or if he could just kill her.

"Looks like you took the smart route." The masked boy said simply. Y glared and stepped back a little. She clenched her fist, trying to decide if she should draw her keyblade or run away before a fight could start.

"You again, what do you want?" Y demanded. The masked boy laughed, stepping away from the tree. He paced back and forth in front of her as if sizing her up. He stopped directly in front of her a few steps back.

"That's not your concern." The masked boy said. He tilted his head to the side watching her. "The others are convinced you're already strong enough. I'm not." He stated. Y narrowed her eyes at him.

"What are you going on about?" Y asked defensively. She took a step back again. She didn't like being this close to him. Something was familiar about him. Something she knew a little too well. But she couldn't place it.

"Let's put that light of yours to the test." The masked boy stated, summoning a keyblade that was black and red. He raised it, calmly facing her. Y took yet another step back.

"Where did you get that?" Y demanded. The masked boy didn't speak, he was waiting for Y to draw her own keyblade. "Fine." Y said, summoning her keyblade.

The masked boy was the first to move. He darted straight towards Y in a blur, she hardly saw him move. Before she could react he was right in front of her. He hit her with his key sending her flying backward. Y managed to find her footing quickly after the hit. She quickly looked around the area scanning the landscape for anything she could use to her advantage.

Unfortunately, there was nothing. The masked boy must have planned for this knowing what type of fighter Y was. She would use anything in the area to her advantage. The only thing here was dirt, which would be of no use so long as the boy wore his mask. Y narrowed her eyes making the decision. She'd just have to get rid of the mask.

As the boy approached her to attack again she brought up her keyblade to block his. She ducked down under his key and kicked his legs out from underneath him. He fell back but twisted in mid-air so he landed on his hands and flipped away from Y. Before he could attack again Y dug her keyblade into the ground and brought several rocks to the surface. She tossed them all up with her foot and hit them with her key directly at the masked boy.

The masked boy didn't seem to realize what Y had done until the first rock came in contact with his mask. The mask cracked slightly in several different places from the rocks. The boy made a sound that Y assumed meant he wasn't impressed.

He shot forward once again, quickly disappearing from Y's sight line. Y quickly moved from her position trying to find where the masked boy had vanished to. Seeing him nowhere she glanced up, just as he appeared above her. Y jumped up and brought her keyblade down over his back, throwing him to the ground.

The boy stood again with a laugh. Y repeated the action she had done earlier sending more rocks at his mask. As the rocks hit his mask it chipped out, letting her see just a bit of his skin in about three different places. Before the masked boy could move again Y shot forward and swung her key in a complex pattern. The masked boy allowed himself to be hit a few times before countering and hitting Y with his own string of attacks.

Y jumped back and quickly directed her keyblade at the boy.

"Light." She said. As she spoke a beam of light shot towards him, hitting him in the chest. It sent the boy flying back into a tree. Y once again dug up a few rocks and threw them at the boy. This time his mask shattered, falling off his face.

Y was surprised that the boy looked fairly normal. He had raven black hair that spiked wildly. His eyes that were fixed on her in a cold glare were a yellow gold color. Oddly similar to Master Xehanort's. He tilted his head to the side studying her in interest. Before Y could move towards him he vanished in a blur. Y felt a sharp pain her back that sent her to the ground.

Y rolled over onto her back to see the masked boy standing over her ready to bring his keyblade down on her. Before he could Y grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it into his eyes. He closed his eyes on instinct and stepped back, a hand going to his eyes. Y quickly stood and hit him in the stomach.

"Maybe they are right." The masked boy said while staggering back. He was nearly doubled over, using his keyblade as support. He was facing Y with a glare, his eyes were slightly red from the dirt.

"What are you planning? Who are you talking about?" Y demanded. She held her keyblade at the ready, prepared to face the boy if he decided to attack. But it looked like he had seen what he had wanted.

"Salvation." The no longer masked boy said. Y frowned.

"What?" She asked. The boy stood up as if all of his injuries had healed already. He looked straight at Y, making her shiver from his gaze. He banished his keyblade turning his back on Y.

"We're going to save the miserable worlds. Save them from drowning in their light." The ravenette boy said simply. His voice sounded strong like he knew everything. Y doubted that, but he was obviously convinced. Convinced the light would destroy the worlds.

"Ok, so you're crazy." Y said. The boy gave a short laugh, glancing over his shoulder at her.

"Don't lose your light, until it's time that is." He said. Suddenly he was engulfed in a portal of smoke, like the one he had disappeared through when she had first seen him. Y blinked in surprise. She bit her lip in thought, things were far worse than she had imagined.

"This isn't looking good." Y said to herself. She looked up to the sky, thinking of her friends. "I hope you guys are ok."

~~~~~~~~~~*<3~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This is a few days early, which is surprising. This weekend I won't have wifi due to family stuff going on so I wanted to get something done for you guys before then. So here it is.
Last week I didn't update this story, but I did publish the other story I will be working on, The Forgotten Story. I decided to do the Chi story because I'm still not done with COM, so I can't start II, and I want to try and finish the Chi story before Kingdom Hearts III comes out. Which should give me plenty of time, but just in case. I'll be updating them each every other week, hopefully. I'll let you know if something changes that. So if you're interested check it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 177 12
(Book 1) This story is about Hikari's adventures with the BBS trio as she travels through worlds fighting the Unversed to fighting Vanitas and Master...
275 15 14
This is a retelling of the Story of Kingdom Hearts but with new Lore on the Keyblade War, the Heartless and Nobodies, Keyblades in general, the Disne...
127 0 11
Sky, a very energetic, kind, brave girl who came from a different dimension. Suddenly, her whole world was destroyed and was sent to a different dime...
2.4K 53 13
It will be like in the game but with an OC . I'm not good with describing so sorry. I own nothing except my OC.