Grounded (Niall Horan)

By foreverminexx

He let his ego take a hold of his life. The front of magazines that once held his spotless reputation became... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two- Welcome Home Party
Chapter Three- Small Reality Check
Chapter Four- Visiting
Chapter Five- Harry!
Chapter Six-Baby Steps
Chapter Seven- Mixing Friends
Chapter Nine- Dinner
Chapter Ten- Kissing Games
Chapter Eleven- Conceited Niall
Chapter Twelve- Banter
Chapter Thirteen- Management
Chapter Fourteen- Drunk
Chapter Fifteen- Andvancements
Chapter Sixteen- Not So Secret Feelings
Chapter Seventeen- Pink Cheeks
Chapter Eighteen- Barbara
Chapter Nineteen- Sassy Niall
Chapter Twenty- Late Night Chat
Chapter Twenty One- Family Time
Chapter Twenty Two- Party Part One
Chapter Twenty Three- Party Part Two
Chapter Twenty Four- Giddy Kisses
Chapter Twenty Five- Trip
Chapter Twenty Six- A Bartenders Advice
Chapter Twenty Seven- The Boathouse Restauarnt
Chapter Twenty Eight- Proposal

Chapter Eight- Sick

127 6 0
By foreverminexx

Chapter Eight- Sick

Niall's POV:

I woke up to my mom putting a wash cloth over my head. She jumped a little when she saw I was awake.

"Oh good, you're awake." I nodded my head slowly, but I got really dizzy. I also had a major headache.

"What happened?" I asked, while she handed me a glass full of water and a pill.

"Well when you came home, you threw up. So Harry and Charlotte carried you to the sofa. Then last night you broke into a sweat, so I checked your forehead. You had-or have, a fever."

I lied back down, putting my head against the sofa. At least my mom will be here to take care of me, just like she used to.

"Well, mom. I guess if I have to be sick I'm glad you can stay and take care of me. Can you make me that soup you used to?" I asked as I closed my eyes again, my stomach felt horrible.

"Um actually, I have to work today. But don't worry, I left you in good hands."

I ran my fingers through my hair, and then said, "Harry." Man, was he a real mate? I mean anybody willing to take care of me when I'm sick, sure is a real mate to me.

My mom frowned then looked up at the clock.

"Oh my, it's almost seven thirty, I have to go. Oh and Niall?" My mom called as she was halfway through the door.

"Um well, Harry isn't the one who's going to be taking care of you. He had to leave, something about friends in Dublin or something. He'll be back tomorrow night. But I'm working late tonight, just warning. Bye love you!" My mom said in one huff of breath, clearly in a rush.

I sighed and then propped my legs up against the other side of the sofa and tried to fall asleep. Easier said then done though, and I just simply couldn't. What to do? I looked around the room bored. I mean, I'm a little warm but I feel fine. I got up and looked around the kitchen, it was still the same as it used to be. The fridge was fully stocked, but food right now was not an option. If I ate, I would just throw it up and that would be food gone to waste. I sighed and then made a thinking face. Maybe some fresh air would help.

I went outside and shut the door, then took a seat on the steps to the porch. There was this little tiny ant crawling up the step, and normally I would've killed it right away but I stopped to watch it. It was searching for food, and as soon as it came near me I blew it away. Then I leaned my head against my hand and just sat there.

Ten minutes into sitting there Mrs. Blakely pulled into her driveway. She stepped out of her car and then popped the trunk.

"Hi Mrs. Blakely," I said pushing myself up from the steps.

"Oh Niall dear! It's good to see you, my you're all grown up now. You're a man now, huh?" She said as she grabbed a few bags from her car and then stopped to look at me. I blushed and then nodded my head. Man, Mrs. Blakely was still cool. How come Charlotte isn't?

"Well I don't know if your mom told you, but I'm supposed to be taking care of you, since you're sick and all." I smiled cheerfully.

"I feel fine, I don't know why my mom is making such a big deal about it. Honestly." She tilted her head to the side a little.

"If you say so, then that's great! But I'm still going to take care of you. Mind helping me with the groceries though? I got all the ingredients for your mom's soup."

"Gee, thanks Mrs. Blakely. If something ever happens to my parents can I come live with you?" I was just kidding of course. I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself.

"Anytime Niall. Anytime." I grabbed the rest of the groceries and followed her into the kitchen. The house hasn't changed much, but there were a few noticeable details gone. Either they had gotten a new fridge or taken down all the pictures that covered almost all of the old fridge. Most of these pictures were of me and Charlotte, but I'm assuming she made them take it down. Let's face it.. Her parents love me. Everybody does, except her.

"Well you know the house, I would suggest you take a nap on the sofa though. Because the soup will probably take a while to make." I nodded my head and laid down on the couch.

_____

When I woke up, it was 2:17. I stood up slowly and made my way to the kitchen. Mrs. Blakely wasn't there though. I went back into the living room, which was the center of their house and called for her.

"I'm in the game room, Niall!" She called out. I followed her voice and then saw that she was sitting at the computer, the pool table was on the other side of the room. These glasses sat at the edge of her nose and she cleared her throat nonchalantly. "I was just doing the taxes. How are you feeling, son?" I nodded my head and smiled. "Well if you're hungry just let me know. The soup won't be ready until dinner time, but I can make you a sandwich if you would like."

"Oh it's okay, I'm fine, really." I said. She raised her eyebrows again. "Promise." I said to reassure her.

"Oh alright. Charlotte should be home from school soon, and then when she gets here I'll run over to the store to get a few ingredients for the soup." She said quietly as she went back to the computer. Then turned her head facing me, "Sorry it's a little boring here. But you can "explore" just like you and Charlotte used to do if you want."

I accidentally chuckled remembering that. We used to get in trouble for finding new places to hide out in, and then never coming out when our parents called us. It was a lot of fun when we were kids. I actually kinda miss it.

I left Mrs. Blakely and decided to just walk around the house. There were a few more photographs in the hallways, mostly of Charlotte and her brother. One was with me and her though, and I was actually surprised it had made it up to the wall. It was of us when we were really young, Charlotte was Cinderella and I was a fireman. I remembered her getting super excited about getting her first pieces of candy, and I made sure to hold her hand and protect her. Only cause I'm such a good person though, no other reasons for sure.

I shook my head and smiled, climbing up the stairs. There were four doors to choose from. Charlotte's room was all the way on the other end so I started with the door closest. I put my hand around the door knob and pushed gently on it. It opened nicely to a little office area. There was a giant book case that held many different types of books, and straight ahead a computer desk that sat in front of a window. This room was pretty normal.

The next room on the side was an empty bedroom that Charlotte's older brother used to sleep in. But he packed up and went to uni in London.

I sat down on the bed and just looked around for a bit. Evan, Charlotte's brother, had white walls with a dark blue bed spread and a few old posters on the wall. He was never one into changing and decorating his room around much. When I was younger I used to always play with him and Greg, but when they said no I went with Char. I stood up and was about to walk out when I saw his mirror.

I looked back at myself and sighed. Not that I would ever admit this to anyone, but sometimes I don't like what I see. I looked down a bit ashamed and then walked back to the hallway. I gently closed the door, I had two rooms to choose from now. Either the bathroom or Charlotte's... Which do you think is more interesting?

I opened the door slowly, unsure of what I was expecting. She had a green comforter on the bed, and pink and blue pillows. The desk and the bookcase had moved from where they used to be, and now a flat screen was above the desk. There were a lot of things on the walls. But the push pin board caught my eye the most.

There were photos of her and her friends all over the place. I smiled at the silly ones, reminding me of what used to be. Some of them were in photo booths but others were just normal. Grant was in quite a few photos, and he was always by her side. In one photo he had his arms wrapped around and they were both smiling.

The one under that was of her and me. It was from when we were fourteen and I was kissing her cheek in the photo. She was blushing and smiling a lot, but her arm was still wrapped around my waist. Mine were around her shoulders. Did she think I lead her on? Was that why she was mad at me or something? I mean you don't just hate you old best friend all of a sudden like that-

"What are you doing?" I heard her voice, and could tell she was angry just by the tone.

___
A/N: Had a bit of writers block for a while, but please vote or comment! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 63 31
Alicia vowed to cut all ties when she left Harry behind seven years ago. Although she got off to a difficult start, she promised herself it was for t...
22.1K 513 17
Before, you and Niall were the most adored couple in the media... but what do you think happened when you two broke up? Please vote and comment if yo...
29.3K 706 41
You and Harry have been best friends your entire life, and have secret feelings for eachother. After Harry leaves for the X-Factor everything seems t...
20.1K 491 32
Harry Styles abuses his boyfriend Niall Horan. Niall has had enough, and leaves him. In Hopes of getting Niall back Harry abuses someone else, Himsel...