Chapter Six-Baby Steps

Chapter Six- Baby Steps

Niall's POV:

"Nothing!" My mom answered hurried. What the heck were they talking about? And why were they hiding it from me? I raised my eyebrows waiting for an explanation.

"Relax mate." Harry sighed. "I'll tell you later." He whispered. Whenever he said that he usually tried to end up not telling me. But I'm not letting this one go this time. "C'mon let's go play on that new play station or something!"

Harry put his arm around my neck and dragged me into the living room. I jumped on the sofa and he looked over my game collection. "I think I'll let you pick, because let's face it, I'd smoke you at any of these games."

"That's a lot of talk, Styles. But I highly doubt that." I challenged him right back and then picked out FIFA and put it in my play station. I was going to beat his ass!

_____

"Shoot! Go go!! Yes!" I screamed out as I jumped up. "In your face, Harry!" I had just beaten Harry at our game, and he had to buy me pizza of any size with any toppings I want.

"Hm. Let's skip the pizza idea. It kinda sounds more for a date."

I shook my head. "Oh no. You promised me pizza and I want it. So let's go." I grabbed my keys and we headed out.

When we got there, a lot of girls recognized us. It started out with only like five girls and now there's a crowd outside. And of course the paparazzi.

Me and Harry were at our booth but then we got up to sign a few autographs, and this happened. The girls even ate our pizza! I mean they are the best fans in the world, but that's my pizza.

"How the heck are we going to get out?" I whispered to Harry.

"Maybe we can sneak out the back?" I nodded. Even though the back would probably have a few fans, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as the front. So Harry went over the girl who worked there and talked to her. I tried to calm down, claustrophobia is a bitch.

Harry jumped over the counter and then motioned for me too also. Which I nodded my head, jumped over, and focused on my breathing. Harry guided me to the back door, because I was still in a little shock.

When he opened the back door there was only one person there. A pap. Why can't we escape them? I turned my head rudely, and then breathed in.

"Trying to keep your cool, Niall?" He asked. I think he was taunting me, honestly. But I remembered what our manager said, and tried to ignore him. "Kinda sucks, doesn't it? You get three months off, and all this time to relax. But you know what? I bet in the end you will still be cocky and a jerk. I know how it works."

I jerked my head to the side and was about to run over to him, I had to teach him a lesson of course.

"Niall, don't it's not worth it. Just jeep your cool." I nodded my head. Took a deep breath and walked away. We fought off a few fans to get to my car. Harry was going to drive though, as I needed some space and time.

I had closed my eyes to shut off the world. But when the car came to a stop, I opened them. I looked around and saw that we were in a drive through.

"Yeah um, can I get three large Big Macs, two large fries, twenty chicken nuggets, one large coke, one large sprite, and four apple pies?"

I smiled as he finished ordering, it probably sounded like we were going to feed a zoo.

As we were waiting in line I poked Harry's cheek. Then grabbed it like my grandma does to me. "Don't you know me so well, baby?" I teased. He smiled slightly but then his face turned a little more serious.

"Niall, I'm proud of you for not freaking out at that pap. I don't know what came over you to, like, not freak out at him. Maybe it was our manager? Maybe it was somebody or something else but I'm proud. You're making baby steps."

I smiled, and my cheeks turned a little pink. But I couldn't tell Harry what or more specifically, who, is changing me. Not yet, at least.

A/N: I would really love it if you guys would comment and vote, please! :)