Chapter Two- Welcome Home Party

Niall's POV:

Home. I was home, but I'm not sure if I'm happy about it. Being in a small town and living a normal life is... A little less glamorous than I'm used to. And that's putting it nicely.

Three whole months here, I'll be counting the days down.

Sighing, I picked up my bags and walked to the front door. It was unlocked, so I walked right in.

Loud music filled my ears as my eyes scanned the crowd of people in my living room. My mom then ran up and kissed me on the cheek and hugged me. She put my bags on the side so they wouldn't get messed with, and then resumed to fawning over me.

"Niall! I've missed you. I threw you a little 'welcome home party.' I even invited all your old friends and family and everyone." I smiled and thanked my mom, then she walked away to greet some other guests.

All I was trying to do was walk into the kitchen to get some food, but my task proved to be more difficult than I thought. A lot of my old friends were trying to talk to me, and I would've stopped and chatted but I was starving.

When I did reach the kitchen I grabbed a handful of chips and stuffed them in my mouth as fast I could. I jumped a little when a cold hand was on my back. I turned around to see my friend, Seamus, with a beer in hand and a girl on his arm. I smirked at him and then gave a flirty smile to the girl. She giggled a fake laugh and then looked over back at Seamus.

"Relax mate, geez. This one's mine." Seamus said.

"Sorry Seamus, I just can't help myself around pretty girls."

"Yeah yeah," Seamus rolled his eyes. "Here, you're gonna need this." He handed me a beer which I gladly accepted.

I opened it and took a long swig of my beer.

"Okay Seamus. Help me out, I want one of those-" I pointed toward his girl, "for myself." The girl blushed.

Seamus sighed and rubbed his hands together. "I'll see what I can do."

I followed Seamus and Blondie around, yeah that's my nickname for her. I mean, it's not like she told me her name, so there is nothing wrong with giving her a stereo typical name. It's actually pretty amusing to me.

Seamus kept walking around and around, but eventually gave up.

"Man, there was this one girl who was here earlier. She was hot, but I guess she left."

Why would anyone leave early? I mean.. I doubt she actually did, that would just be stupid.

"So what did she look like then?" I asked, maybe I could find her.

Seamus had become one of mates last year, so he was still meeting new people. He was rather popular for only being here a year though.

"Well she had straight brown hair with blonde highlights and she was wearing a blue dress, I think." I opened my mouth to ask Seamus more, but it was too late. His girl was dragging him away...man do I need to find me one of those.

I went up and down the stairs searching for this blue dress mystery, yet she was no where to be found. Tonight I didn't just want to hook up with some random girl, I mean if the blue dress girl looks good for me then maybe she will be. It's not like the girlfriend is.. So I continued to search for the next half hour.

Within this half hour, my hopes would be raised, only to see them crushed later. There were two girls who were wearing a blue dress, but when I brought them over to Seamus he looked at me like I was insane.

"No,man. She was wearing a dark blue dress."

I sighed and nodded, then apologized for dragging the girl around. I'm guessing I should just give up.

But the world works in funny ways, of course. Because as soon as that thought appeared in my mind I was shoved a little as someone knocked into me. I turned around to yell at then for being clumsy and hitting me when I looked at the dress.

Dark blue.

And then I looked at her face and recognized her.

Charlotte, my ex-best friend...

"See Niall! This is the girl I was talking about. She's perfect for you!" Seamus exclaimed, but I couldn't move.

My mouth hung open in shock as I realized the "mystery girl" was her.

______

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. I think I'll try to do small goals from now on. So maybe 45 reads and then I'll do my best to update quickly.