Alpha's Mate

By RoseKnight21

When Leanna finds her mate, she isn't prepared. The Alpha is a strong man who requires a strong Luna. But the... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
Chapter 16: Beginning Again
Chapter 17: Jagger
Chapter 18: Your Friendly Neighbor
Chapter 19: Tell A Story
Chapter 20: Hallucination
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Memories
Chapter 25: Cromwell
Chapter 26: Hunting Chances
Chapter 27: Drink till you drunk
Chapter 28: River Marks
Chapter 29: Bonded
Chapter 30: The Witch
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Project
Chapter 33: Bloodied Nights
Chapter 34: The Aftermath
Chapter 35: Allegiance
Chapter 36: Alcohol and Killers
Chapter 37: Sabotaged
Chapter 38: Revelations
Chapter 39: Sweet Voices
Chapter 40: Old and New
Chapter 41: Phone Calls and Goodbyes
Chapter 42: New York
Chapter 43: Cafe Secrets
Chapter 44: Taken
Chapter 45: Breaking Point
Chapter 46: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 47: Art of Vengeance
Chapter 48: Raleigh
Chapter 49: The Bond
Chapter 50: Broken Chains
Chapter 51: His Heart
Chapter 52: Beyond Life
Chapter 53: Fated
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: Liberation
Chapter 56: Fulfillment

~4~

14.6K 401 35
By RoseKnight21

Leanna made her way down the pebble roads, her eyes taking in the same sights she'd been seeing her entire life.

The pack was doing their daily routines; the trackers were lined up for mandatory training, the guards were patrolling the edge of the property, and the children were being trained for the first half of the day, and then attending the building that served as the school for the second half of the day.

She had finished her schooling already, and though she would now be allowed to possibly attend the college in the local town, she had a feeling that being Luna would strongly hinder that.

Her home, former home now, came into view and made her heart lurch.

It was a one story, the stone painted light gray and the walls baby blue. There was a small garden beneath the two front windows growing roses and tulips, Leanna and her mother's favorite flowers.

She smiled and walked up to the door, lifting her hand to knock but feeling ridiculous. It was still her house, she'd be welcome always.

Nodding to herself, she grabbed hold of the knob and twisting it, the door swinging open silently. Immediately she was hit by her mother's emotional voice,

"How can he think to claim her? How, Richard, how?"

Her father's voice was steady but it held emotion, "I don't know, Elaine. I don't. But he wasn't going to reject her. He will keep her safe. You know he will." 

"I know but.. He's planning on bringing in two hundred and fifty people. Rogues for all we know. What if they somehow end up there? What if she comes back for her? What-"

She broke off when her eyes landed on Leanna's confused face. She cleared her throat quickly and placed a strained sort of smile on her face.

"Sweetheart, we didn't hear you come in." she stated, walking over and hugging her daughter tightly.

"Is everything okay, mom?" she asked, glancing over at her dad, "Who are you worried will come back for who?"

"Just some private stuff, honey," her father said, and changed the subject, "what brings you by?"

She glanced at the two of them again before speaking, "I'm here to pack my stuff."

"Of course dear. Head on to your room and I'll make us a snack," her mother smiled warmly and and walked into the kitchen.

Leanna nodded and made her way to the small bedroom, the thought of food making her stomach grumble the entire way. 

Her bedroom was relatively plain, with purple walls, a twin sized bed against the wall, a small dresser and a nightstand. Most of her things consisted of her books, her drawing pad, and small variety of jewelry that was passed down from her mother.

She took notice of the boxes in the corner that were set up. One was filled with her clothes and shoes from the closet and she felt a twinge of pain in her chest. Shaking it away, she opened the old closet door and knelt down, removing a hollow piece of wood and taking out a a locket wrapped in a battered blanket.

It was one of the few things left from she was a very young child when their old house burned down from the fire place.

She slipped it into the box and closed it, her mother walking in just then with a plate of sandwiches and two cups of tea.

"Let's get packing," she said, her voice a little wavy.

One hour later, the entire room was packed and the earlier conversation had drifted to the back of her mind. They had brought all four boxes to the bedroom at the pack house and then said their goodbyes, her father going off to teach at the school and her mother to train the young girls in combat.

After a quick shower, Leanna pulled on a pair of jeans and a light blue shirt, combing out her hair and walking back downstairs.

"You're full of shit, Shane!" someone growled angrily.

Leanna looked up, walking toward the sound.

"Hey, it's not my fault your mate is a little slut!" someone, Shane perhaps, snapped back.

She rounded the corner and found two pack members, considerably tall and muscular, looking very angry while a girl stood behind the one with reddish hair, tear streaks on her cheeks.

"She came onto me, and I took my shot," Shane spoke, his eyes sparkling with a satisfied glint, eyeing the girl behind the other man with predatory eyes.

The girl shrank back behind the other man, presumably her mate. Leanna frowned, and looked closer, realizing her to be her best friend Addie's older sister Adriana.

Who happened to be a twin.

Leanna's wolf encouraged her to step forward. This could be her first dispute to settle as Luna. She shuddered and walked forward.

"Excuse me," she made her voice clear and strong, catching all three off guard.

Adriana and her mate bowed their heads but Shane simply stared.

"Can I help you, Luna?" he sneered.

"No, but I think I can help this situation before it gets too out of hand and requires the Alpha's attention. Would the person you are thinking about be Adriana's twin sister?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow, her nerves dissolving away as something in her took charge.

His sneer faltered and Adriana made a sound; a mixture of a sob and a laugh.

"I tried to explain. But he's adamant it was me," she explained, stepping out from behind her mate and cleaning her cheeks.

"Cause it was. I would recognize that tattoo anywhere," Shane growled, pointing to Adriana's inner arm.

"She has one too," Adriana replied, crossing her arms.

"This can easily be settled by just bringing your sister in," Leanna interrupted Shane's snort.

"That may be hard. She's left to visit her friend and she'll be gone for two weeks," Adriana's mate said, wrapping his arm around her.

Shane snorted, "How coincidental," then he walked off out the back door and Adriana and her mate went out the front, leaving Leanna alone in the room.

"She did sleep with him," a quiet voice spoke, breaking the silence around her.

She turned around, her eyes landing on Zachary who stood by the kitchen door, no longer wearing an apron but raggedly old jeans and a faded shirt. In the clothing she noticed his body was thinner than most his age.

"Well then it will get settled between them unless it escalates," Leanna said, walking over to him, "have you eaten lunch?"

He looked up, his eyes so startled it hurt to see. He quickly looked back down.

"I-I'm not hungry, Luna. I apologize for looking at you," he whispered frantically.

She walked toward him, squeezing his shoulder gently.

"It's fine. Being Omega doesn't make you any less than a pack member," she stated and walked into the kitchen, looking through the fridge and finding plenty of leftover breakfast.

She set up a plate of food and stuck it in the microwave, turning toward him.

"Why aren't you with the rest at school?" she questioned curiously.

She'd never really seen the Omegas at the school growing up but she always figured they got some sort of education. 

"I only serve, Luna."

She watched him silently and grabbed the plate when it beeped, handing it to him. She smiled encouragingly when he hesitantly reached for the food and began to eat.

Not five minutes had passed before the plate was empty and he was panting from how quickly he'd eaten it all.

"Have you always been apart of the pack?" she asked, grabbing the plate and washing it.

He shook his head and reached out for the plate but she pushed his thin hand away.

"I can do it. It's not a very difficult job," she smiled, trying to lighten him up.

It had no affect, his shoulders remaining tense as he looked at the door, worried someone would enter and see the Luna doing his job.

After she finished Leanna turned around just as Gabriel, the Delta, entered. His eyes landed on Zachary and he growled,

"Go to the Jamesons' house. Now."

Zachary nodded and scurried off, his head kept down.

"I'm sorry of he spoke to you, Luna. He knows not to speak freely. He will be delt with," Gabriel apologized, nodding to her.

She blinked, taken aback. "You will do no such thing. I had him speak, and in my presence, he will be treated no less than a regular pack member," her voice held power as she glared at the man, watching his head bow.

"Yes, Luna," he spoke after a few moments of silence, his teeth gritted, and then he turned and left, leaving alone.

It's a lot of filler stuff, but the real thing will happen soon, I promise! As always, please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter. What are your thoughts on Zachary? Leanna? Gabriel?

P.S. My updating schedule is out of whack at the moment as I am currently on my summer break. But school will be starting up again in a week and a half so the updates will most likely be 1-2 chapters every week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.1K 37
(Completed) *Needs to be edited* The Moon Goddess has a plan for everyone. Elena and Vincent's plans were to be mates, rulers and lovers. Vincent bei...
2.3M 75.6K 57
- Although this story is being rewritten, there won't major changes to the story just the grammar and the structure. It is safe to read!- * Amma Ma...
1.5M 37.2K 25
Brooklyn is a sweet and caring nineteen year old werewolf. Her dad is the alpha of the Blue Shadow pack. Brooklyn is his baby and he wants her to be...
999K 20K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...