A Unordinary Vampire Tale

By MissLumetta

Everyone has heard of the classic stereotypical vampire love store. Powerful figurehead vampire male becomes... More

The beginning of a new world
Crash Course in Vampirism
Sanctuary
Welcome Home
Vampire Masquerade
The monster inside her
Broken Innocence
Acceptance
A ball you'll never forget
The Mother
Self Realization
Parading with Humans
Harsh Lessons and Cold Shoulders
Bewitching Love
A Complete Bond
More lessons in Vampirism
A Howl in the Night
Darkness Falls in New Orleans
Sacrifice
Abandoned
Epilogue

Broken Even More

40 7 0
By MissLumetta

"Lookie who is awake finally." Came from the voice a man as Nadine turned her attention to the man.

He was dressed similar to the hunters she encountered before except he had longer wavy hair like he was supposed the attractive villain in a cheesy vampire show. The door to Nadine's small cell opened up and the man reached in, taking a hold of the girl's leg and dragged her out along the ground. Nadine tried to grab anything along the smooth stone surface to keep herself from being dragged. Brent would be standing trying to bang his hands against the wall of his cell as he screamed as Nadine was being dragged.

The man stopped as he watched Brent drop to his hands and knees letting out a loud roar as he did so. Nadine listened to the sound of bones shift and popping loudly as she watched Brent shift into a werewolf before her eyes. She wasn't sure if she should be in shock before her leg was let go and the man straddled Nadine's waist in front of Brent's cell.

"Does me touching this girl bothering you, puppy?" The man leaned in closer to the girl's face before Nadine let out a cry of pain as she felt a sharp object be shoved into her stomach.

The man pressed his lips forcefully against Nadine's as he let out a snicker through out the kiss.

He'd sit up in a way to roll Nadine onto her stomach, also forcing her head to look in the direction of Brent's cell.

"STOP THIS VAN HELSING, WHAT IS THIS GIRL TO YOU?" Charles yelled as he started to punch at the wall of his cell now.

The man smirked as he dragged his knife along the girls back, pressing the blade deep enough to slice the girl's skin and clothes, causing Nadine to scream even more. She was losing so much blood her eyes began to turn red as she fought back the hunger and urge to feed. She was too weak to save herself and so she started to cry while watching Brent's wolf lunge and growl viciously at his cell's door.

She felt the blade across her tailbone before Van Helsing stopped slicing her. Underneath the sounds of Van Helsing cackling, Charles hollering at him and Brent's wolf growling viciously the most terrifying part of the whole moment was that Van Helsing's heartbeat. It was calm and rhythmic as if he was neither intimidated or even excited at the thought of her suffering. It was purely emotionless as it beat in his chest. She was trying to focus on the man's frighteningly terrifying heartbeat to keep her mind off the torture that she was going through.

What she didn't realize was it wasn't just her, Brent and Charles that were kept as prisoners but there were several others watching and now trying to break out of their own cells to help the poor girl.

"Your a disgrace!"

"Your really a monster"

"I hope she kills you!"

"Kill her, don't torture the poor girl!"

Nadine could vaguely hear around her as she opened her eyes to see Brent's green eyes staring back at her. He looked as he was fighting back his own tears, trying to give her a strong face to look up to.

"Tune it out, girl. Focus on something, don't let him break you. Don't give in into it. I'm sure your sire has gone through worse torture in his life. Think of what he'd do in this situation." She could hear Charles' voice as her eyes looked to him before looking back into Brent's.

All Brent could do was sit there in painful silence as he watched Nadine be tortured senselessly.

Van Helsing pushed the tattered clothing off the girl's back. Nadine felt the cold metal of the blade against her skin before the feeling of something being torn off of her was felt. It was a blinding pain, the worst she had ever felt in her whole life as she let out the loudest high pitched scream that she had ever let out. Several of the prisoners actually covered the ears to muffle the sound of her screams.

"Mmmm, you know, there is a lost art in skinning. Did you know that?" He'd casually say as if trying to make conversation to anyone would willingly listen.

He'd drag the blade of his knife along the girl's skin. "The trick to a clean cut, is to map out how each section will be removed." The blinding pain started once more as he'd skin another section off.

"You're going to want to give her a break. If she goes feral, she'll kill you before you get a chance to flinch. So don't push her too far, and be sure to feed her enough to heal up slightly." A familiar voice that brought more terror then Van Helsing to Nadine causing her to use the last remaining energy she had to release a final round of sobbing.

It was Marcus, Trent's second in command, the one person that Trent seemed to give a sliver of trust to. Marcus looked at the shaking and bloody mess that Nadine was lying on the floor.

"You'd think the Vatican would of made it so that psychopaths don't accidentally become the next Van Helsing." He shrugged as he pressed his foot on Nadine's arm before lifting it up and stomping down on it causing the bone to shatter.

"Hmm, pity. Guess Little Miss Sunshine forgot how dark vampires really got, didn't she? Was there no movie or book that covered this part?" He'd say to her mockingly. "I bet Jones is doubling over in pain over his mistake to bond with you."

He looked around the hallway of cells as the prisoners inside each cell gave him dirty looks and death stares. "You were nothing more then an accident. Your precious Dark Knight that rescued you from your piece of shit fiance, was looking to turn you out of a joke."

He pointed towards to the currently broken and partially catatonic Brent before laughing at the man's state. "Maybe if he comes back around he'll tell you how he tried to defy his own Alpha and give away secrets of his pack just so his precious little girlfriend could fulfill her glittery happily ever after fantasies of being a vampire."

Marcus would look back down at Nadine who remained still doing what she could to keep from letting the pain and blood loss make her lose control. "He came in just begging and pleading, your precious Prince." Marcus said, mocking a sad whimper. "M-my girlfriend suffers from painful migraines, sh-she's my mate, I-I want to make her free from the pain, boo hoo hoo."

 Van Helsing had took a hold of the girl's leg after he stood back up and dragged her back into her cell. Marcus crouched down so he could continue to mock the broken girl before him. "All it would of taken was simply giving us locations and names. But no, your puppy dog over here wanted you to suffer. And then, after you two split I had the most amazing idea, Simon Barlow"

Marcus stood up as he continued his ranting. "After you and your puppy broke up, I felt like that was too easy. So I wanted to break you because you really did seem way to innocent and naive to not want to break." He'd let out a soft laugh to himself. "The idea was that your precious 'fiance' sweeps you off your feet and slowly crushes you emotionally. Tugging at the precious heartstrings of your Prince. I however, wasn't expecting things to move as quickly and in the way they did."

He motions to Van Helsing with a proud smile. "And my protegee, I was going to turn him because I wanted to bring Lakeland to it's knees. That city was going to break and no creature, vampire, wolf, witch or even human wouldn't fear me. But then BOOM, turns out destiny works in just as sadistic ways, isn't that right, Mr. Patrick Davies?"

"MY NAME IS VAN HELSING!" Van Helsing shouted back at Marcus as if he was greatly offended. "I was given this power by the Vatican, because I am ENTITLED to it! I don't need to be a vampire like you, I am the real monster among them."

Marcus gave a sinister smirk before nodding in agreement with him. "Yes yes, my apologizes. See, perfect little ways that destiny works in my favor. Look, Miss Sunshine! Finally something from one of those television shows! Think of him like the next 'Buffy', minus the melodramatic teen drama. And he doesn't particularly care who dies in his path. But he didn't care about that when he was human either." He drops several bags of blood at the floor of Nadine's cell before shutting the door.

Van Helsing laughed at Marcus' comment as the pair walked down the hallway to a computer room full of monitors. Each screen appeared to have a live video feed of a location, some Marcus recognized as the Compound back in Lakeland, while others were different locations in The Chauveau, and also a few monitors showing various angles of the prison cells.

"This facility is heavily warded with witch magic. I am even just as surprised as you are that this place even existed but when I found out, you bet I was going to use it for my advantage. Those dumb-asses are OBLIVIOUS to what is under their own noses." Van Helsing boasted.

"Yes, well just don't kill the girl just yet. I want to watch Prince Jones suffer for a little bit longer. I was supposed to rule Lakeland, and before I could take the position that was rightfully mine, he steps in and waves his 'I'm and Elder so I do as I please' bullshit. And here I am, I've done what no other vampire ever -DARED- to do. I have not only found his weakness, but I'm enjoying every moment of his torture."

Marcus would cackle to himself. "Oh and this is for you as part of our agreement." He'd set down a bag on a counter and opened it to show it's content. "Oh Jones is so idiotic for not being more invested in his own bank. Oh well, his loss and your gain."

Marcus would make his way out while Van Helsing sat in a chair looking at the monitors. "Enjoy your pet, Van Helsing. Maybe if she's lucky you might take a liking to her and not kill her. -MAYBE-."

The two men would chuckle at Marcus' comment before Marcus took off, zipping off and out. Van Helsing would continue to have his eyes focused on the screen that watched over Nadine's cell. He was curious to learn more on why the wolf was as riled up as he was.

"I wonder," he said to himself before he was hit with his own self realization. "She was supposed to be his mate! Ah ha!" He'd lean back in his chair laughing. "Oh my how has fate turned cruel for the puppy. I'm going to have much more fun with this girl now."

At first the sounds were muffled as Nadine slowly began to stir again. "Nadine! Please, for the love of God, please wake up." Brent banged his hand against the wall trying to get Nadine to wake up to feed.

She started to hear the sound of hands rapping against walls around her. She would weakly lift her head up, crying with every inch she moved. Nadine heard what sounded like an animal letting out a vicious howl causing the commotion around her cell to settle.

"Issac don't you dare! You should be ashamed of yourself for sitting by! She may be a vampire but no being deserves what she went through." Nadine heard Charles say before she heard the wolf growl again.

She'd slowly reach her hand outwards to one of the bags of blood that sat on the floor of her cell. "Just a little further, Nadine." Brent said encouragingly with a touch of worry in his voice.

Nadine had no energy to reach any more as her hand dropped to the ground. She could smell the bags of blood as her vision started to turn red.

"Nadine! Nadine please focus on my voice!" Brent's voice slowly faded out from her mind, before he attempted to keep talking to her.

"Though amin vana imya i' tum en' i' dae en' death, amin will gorga n'uma 'ksh-, ten' lle naa yassen amin; lle rod ar' lle wandil, ron comfort amin"

It was as if Nadine felt herself drowning in her own mind but as she heard Brent speak the weird language to her, she instantly knew what it was he was saying.

"The fuck is that, Brugger?" Charles would say confused.

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Nadine would mutter softly in translation, but enough so that they could hear her.

A smile quickly started to come to Brent's face, his quirky nerd that he fell in love with once was still instead the beast that lay before him.

"It's elvish, something that her and I had in common when we were together." He explained as his heart felt as though warm had finally returned to it.

Nadine used the last bit of strength to take a hold of one of the blood bags and bring it to her mouth. Her eyes turned black and she bit into the bag sucking it's contents dry. She gained more strength as her wounds began to heal even more. Brent watched as the small bits of his heart that had pieced back together with their elven quote shattered once more as he was reminded what she still was. After she finished the last of the bags Nadine still felt weak but managed to prop herself on the wall of her cell so she could face Brent. She looked at the other prisoners who gave her comforting expressions which made her even more uncomfortable.

Her eyes fell upon the doors to the other cells and noticed are similar to the cells back in the compound. A wolf sat in front of her watching over her as if he was tasked to keep an eye on her. "Just nod or shake your head, I need to ask a few questions." She would whisper as low as she could before inching closer to her door so she could whisper even lower to avoid being overheard somehow.

"If someone was to smash those keypads, would the doors open?" The wolf looked at her for a moment before giving a fake sneeze to nod in 'yes' to Nadine's question.

"Follow my lead when the moment comes, OK?" Nadine continued to whisper as she took a deep breath hoping the wolf would comply.

She leaned back and pressed her back against the wall and stared back into Brent's eyes without a hint of expression in her face. "If you think I'll come rushing back into your arms, get that idea out of your head. I hate to see your heart breaking but you could of told me instead of lying." She said coldly before Brent slammed a hand against the wall.

"DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO LIE TO YOU? DO YOU THINK I ENJOYED WATCHING YOU SUFFER?" Tears ran down his face as he yelled.

"I didn't tell you because I couldn't bear the idea of you dying. You would of gone off looking for a vampire, looking for someone who'd have mushy touchy feelings for you enough to end your suffering." He spoke to her as if he was quoting thing she used to say to him when they were together. "Yeah, they'd end your suffering, without turning you. You'd be someone's next meal and you'd be dead." He'd press his forehead against the wall, letting sobs out unable to continue talking.

"Master Liam almost let him bite you too." Charles would be still standing as he looked down at Nadine. "But it wouldn't cure your illness. He feared that the first time you'd turn that your body wouldn't handle it. The curses we bare, including your vampirism, comes with a price. It's never a 'fix all'. My father refused Brent's pleas to help you, but he knew the importance you held to him." Both Nadine, Charles and the wolf turned their attention to someone walking down the hallway.

Nadine scrambled to the back of the small cell knowing that her attempts wouldn't be successful. Van Helsing looked at the scared vampire with a smirk on his his face.

"I can't spoil you all the time, I have to play with the other pets I have." He said as he shoved a piece of cloth from a top slot of the cell.

The cloth floated down to the floor but Nadine was still reluctant to touch it. The man walked away as he moved several cells down before opening it's door and pulling out a young girl that looked to be the same age as Nadine.

"Amelia!" Charles shouted as he banged on the wall of his cell. "Please let her go, take me, do whatever horrors that you have planed to me, please just don't hurt her."

Van Helsing let out a sinister snicker before he held his knife up to the girl's cheek. "But that wouldn't be any fun if I did that." He said as he drew the edge of the knife along the woman's cheek causing her to shriek in pain.

Nadine crawled to the cloth in her cell to find it was one of those cheap silk house robes. It was better then the torn clothing she had and quickly discarded the remaining parts of her clothing and wrapped herself in the robe. It looked as the other prisoners were trying to shout obscenities at Van Helsing as well, but not everyone was joined in on the shouting as if they knew the girl wasn't worth saving.

"Take me instead." Nadine spoke up causing a silence to fall across everyone. "I can regenerate and heal whatever damage you cause. It'll give you unlimited possibilities to whatever pops into your head."

Van Helsing made his way to stand face to face with Nadine. "Such a beautiful shade of crimson. I wonder if you know everything about your Sire. I bet you don't." He let out a crazed snicker at Nadine. Nadine took a gulp trying to hold together the courage she was mustering from within her.

"I can also do other things." She'd pull the top of her crappy silk robe just enough off her shoulders. "I bet it'd drive your senses crazy." Nadine attempted to say alluringly. "Being able to carve into me, torture me in an which way possible and when it's all done hit a reset button so that it's all pristine and new for the next time around."

Van Helsing looked at Nadine as she tried to seduce him before looking at the girl in his arms. "This little dog here was getting boring." He shifted the girl so that both hands wrapped around the woman's neck, pulled the hands in a twisting motion which was then followed by a loud resounding 'CRACK'.

Amelia's now lifeless body hit the floor as Charles let out a shriek before he collapsed to his knees. Even the large wolf dropped to the floor and let out a loud howl as if it was in pain. Nadine fought back the urge to flinch as her gaze shifted to the body then back to Van Helsing. He gave a confident smile as he stepped over the dead body and pressed his hands against the door of Nadine's cell as he eye'd her like a hungry child in a candy store.

"Don't be so confident in yourself my new pet. I want that girl's death to weigh on your shoulders. Marcus said you won't be easily broken so don't think you've won me over. Your turn for playtime will come after I'm done with all the others here." He picked up the lifeless body as if he was picking up trash from the ground. "Now to leave a lovely present for Mr. Holdcraft. I'm sure her worried father would be head over heels to have his daughter returned."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 77.3K 41
1856 Eastern Germany A war has broken out in the supernatural world. Pinning vampires against werewolves. The human population of Eastern Germany i...
112K 3.7K 46
(Third book in the my mate series. Other books do not need to be read to read this book, but characters from other books will be mentioned in this bo...
473 30 22
Vampires, The undead creatures that lurk in the night. They feed on the life essence of the living. Typically in the form of blood from other cre...
1M 39.8K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...