The trials as friends to some...

By cispe071

Rachel Dragneel is a century class wizard in fairy tail. She has been in fairy tail her whole life. And has b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 9

39 3 0
By cispe071

Rachel's point of view:

The sun shined on my face, I felt the warmth. I opened my eyes and Laxus was beside me. His large muscular arms were around me. I couldn't believe my eyes!! As I got up I looked at him. I touched his face. Then he woke up!
I took in a deep breath and sat up. I looked beside me... I sighed with relief. It was just a dream. My body ached. I guess getting some rest my body finally made me sore. The sun was already up. What time is it? That was a weird dream. But kinda nice. I guess the dragon in me wants to make him mine. But the person in me is saying no.
I don't plan on doing anything like that with Laxus. Not until we are married. But he may not like that. I don't care it's what I want.
I walked to the window and saw a package on the spare bed in my room. I looked at the medium sized box. There was a note.
"I know your probably going to kill me. I know you're thinking how did I get the package in your room. I have my ways. So I thought you'd like a new outfit for the games tomorrow. So here you go can't wait to see you in it!😉
Love, Laxus "
Oh grate. He probably got this super reveling outfit for me.
I opened the box and took out the outfit. It had one sleeve on the right shoulder and it was a romper like out fit with shorts attached to it with a sash around the waist. Along the only sleeve was a triangular pattern that when down the short sleeve. Along the ends of the shorts was the same triangular pattern. The main part of the outfit was light tan and the patterns were dark brown.
I put the outfit on and I looked pretty good . Laxus made a good choice. I saw there were brown boots that had fur around the trim of them.
"Very nice. I look good!"
I heard distant bells ringing.
"AHHHH!!!! WHAT TIME IS IT!!!!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE GAMES!! "
I ran outside a saw some girls in the street.
"Excuse me but do you ladies know if the grand magic games has already started?"
"Um yah I think they are announcing the guilds right know."
"Thank you!!" I said running towards the coliseum.

Laxus point of view:

Where is she. She wouldn't just leave. I don't think she would. The stupid announcer was saying all the guilds names and it was close to fairy tales.
"Where is she!!!"I heard the old man say." She is going to have another thing coming if she thinks she can ditch!!!!"
"Master let me take Rachel's place!"yelled Natsu.
"Is she isn't here then you can."
She wouldn't leave I know it.

Rachel's point of view:
I've never ran this fast before! I blew threw security, passed the guards and into the seating area. I saw Fairytales designated seating zone. I booked it! They were almost to our name! I was almost there!
I saw Natsu getting ready to jump into the battle grounds. I jumped over the canipee and smashed Nastu's face in the wall. And did a front flip into the arena and landed with one knee touching the ground.
"AND! FAIRY TALE!!!!!"
I heard the crowd roaring which made my ears want to bleed.
"RACHEL!!! WHERE WERE YOU!!!??"I heard master shout.
I turned around to look at him in the sweating above me. "Sorry, I guess getting some sleep really made me not want to get up." I said with a stupid grin on my face.
"We were worried you wouldn't show up!"said Mira hugging me.
"I had no doubts." I heard a familiar deep voice say. I blushed at the sound of his voice.
I looked at him and he chuckled. He leaned in close to my ear."You look really nice in that outfit looks like I chose well." He said flirtatiously.
"Oh yah how did you get that in my room?!"
"Like I said I have my ways." He said with a smirk.
I rolled my eyes. But I had a small grin on my face. I could tell Laxus wanted to kiss me, I could feel his deep blue eyes staring at me. Then I heard the dumb voice of that weird talking pumpkin.
"Lets go over the rules of the final game!!! You have to find your way threw these magical doors and retrieve your flag! If you encounter anyone during this time you can fight them, even if they are in your guild."
Everyone in the crowed gasped. Except me. And Laxus. I was ready for anything.
"You can see how the other players are doing on these provided visual lacermas. Good luck to you all pumpkins!!"
I heard guild arts coming towards the rest of us." You guys are best option is to stay together so we don't have to fight."
As soon as he said that the ground started to rumble. I looked at Laxus and reached for him. All of of tried to grasp each other's hands. But we're separated by walls. I ran to Laxus and we were hand in hand but a wall came and almost broke our arms. I landed flat on my butt.
"Frick!" I yelled rubbing my butt. I looked in front of me and there was a huge door.
"Crap!! I've never been good at solving puzzles!!!!"
I stood up. I walked up right to the door I thought what if you just could break threw the door?! I charged the door as fast as I could and used my shoulder to break threw it. Sending dust and rocks every where.
I started coughing. That was easy. I started to run. I saw another door. Oh great. Then I remembered that I can see how the other people are doing! I saw a small screen appear in front of me. Every one in fairy tale was still in it. But people from other guilds are... GETTING HIT WITH LIGHTNING IF THEY DONT PUT ENOUGH FORCE INTO BREAKING THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm dead. So I have to hit the door perfectly if I want to not get hit with lightning. If I get hit with lightning I'm as good as dead, literally. I could die from any lightning attack. So I blew threw another door. I did that like 15 times. Now I was bleeding my shoulder was all bruised. There was still another door in front of me. I looked at the screen, Erza and Mira had been struck by lightning. Laxus was behind. I bursted threw the door and was falling into a deep cave. I didn't scream, I just had to see the bottom.
I used fire to stop my fall. I was in a cavern, there were flags of other guilds crests. I started searching for fairy tales. Then I heard a huge boom! I looked that way and smelt an old man how drank to much. The dust cleared.
"Well well well, if it isn't Guildarts!"
"Sorry Rachel, I don't want to fight you, but there can only be one person standing!" Said gulidarts. I smirked.
"Like you said, there can only be one person standing." As I said that we were fist and fist. The ground broke underneath us. He kept destroying my flames and I got mad. I focused my power on my right leg. Then at the right moment, I kicked him and he whent flying!!
"I've never losed a match with you old man!" I said putting my hands on my hips. Then I felt the ground rumble. It actually made my stomach turn. But my stomach was stronger than Nastu's. I smelt another old man. But this time it was a wizard saint. One that I have never been able to beat.

"Finally, I get to fight the great Rachel Dragneel!" Jura said with a grin.
"You certainly have gotten stronger than last time we fought."
"So have you, taking on three century class quests. You've been really busy." I was tired of the small talk. Fire started surrounding my body. A purple aura came around Jura's body. We were getting charged up. Then, before I could react, a piller of rock smashed me in my stomach! All the air left my lungs.

But with that, I inhaled and fire bursted out of my mouth. Like a dragon, unlike Nastu, I don't say fire dragon I just do the attack. I'm too advanced for that. Or that's just how I keep my power in check. Jura groaned in pain. Then before I knew it another huge pillar came and crushed my insides and I felt a huge jerk of pain in my side from an old injury. I felt a jolt of lightning in my body.
I was thrown to the ground and I still felt the lightning in me. I was screaming clenching my side. I stared coughing up blood. Then two pillars came and smashed me from each side of me. I screamed again, it seemed that the lightning got worse. I was getting thrown around like a rag doll.
Finally, I got enough strength to get up and attack. I made a huge ball of fire over my head a threw it with all my might. It went flying towards Jura. He made a cage around himself trying to block my attack. My flames broke threw. Dust and rock flew everywhere. I was on my knees. I coughed up blood. I was taking in deep breaths. I was barley breathing. The dust cleared and Jura was burnt and knocked out.
I tried to get up. My legs were wobbly. My vision was blurry. I needed to find the flag. I was looking for the fairy on a flag. I saw it. I tried to run to it incase Jura woke up. I climbed up a hill to get the flag. When I reached the top a huge jolt of pain/lightning in my side. I screamed. And fell to the ground. I was reaching for the flag I touched it.
I slowly got up. The pain in my side was worse. I could barley breath without feeling a jolt of lightning in my body. I coughed up blood again. I was finally on my feet not stable. I was dizzy and couldn't see strait. I took the flag out of the ground and held it up over my head.

Laxus point of view:

"YAH!!! RACHEL BEAT JURA!!!!" Gramps yelled jumping up and down.
"Are we going to win?" Asked Erza
"Of course we are, she won." I said turning around.
My eyes went back to the huge lacerma screen that showed Rachel climbing to the top of the mountain. She was coughing out blood and screaming in pain. Something wasn't right. She wouldn't be like that, she's really hurt. Maybe from her century quest?
She held the flag above her head, she was really beat. She had a black eye. I'm going to kill Jura for hurting her like that. She was breathing really heavy. She was trembling.
"FAIRY TAIL IS THE WINNER OF THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES!!!"
I heard the pumpkin announce.
Then Rachel collapsed while screaming!!
"Rachel!!!" I yelled. Getting ready to jump and get her. The labyrinth disappeared leaving Rachel to fall in the dirt but before she hit the ground I had jumped over the railing and caught her before she fell.

She looked really bad. I've only seen her look like that once. How could she be that hurt, no one used lightning on her! How can she be like this?! She was gasping and she was crying, she looked at me and smiled. Then she winced in pain.
"Rachel, you're going to be okay!" I said while picking her up into my arms. She started coughing blood again, it got on my shirt, I didn't care. I wanted her to be safe.
"Where's... Poliusica?" She said weakly
"She's in the recovery room. She's ready to take care of you." I said while wiping tears away from her face. I was almost to the hospital when Rachel passed out.

When I got in the hospital she was ready for her. But Poliusica told me to leave. And Mira came in to help. I was almost about to cry. I hope she is okay. I just don't understand how this could have happened!

Gramps came and sat next to me on a bench. I was leaning over to were my head was resting on the back of my hands.
"She will be alright boy."
"It doesn't even feel like we won the games. Poor Rachel she's so beat up." I said trying not to cry. I never ever wanted to see her like that. Then the door clicks open and Mira comes out.
"Rachel needs to get to magnolia. Poliusica says that she could use the strength of being home. She wants her to leave right away."
"I'll send for a carriage." Gramps said getting up.
"I'll stay with Rachel. I'll go with her." Then Poliusica came out of the room giving me the death glare. What did I do?!!
"Rachel needs her master to travel with her not this idiot." What?!! Im her boyfriend!!!
Anger started in my body. My head was heating up.
"Hey I get it if you don't like me,but Rachel and I have been best friends since we were little kids! I need to be there for her!"

"Oh yah best friends. You have caused her more pain then you know."
That went strait to my heart. I have caused her great pain. I shook my head trying to forget. The pain that I've caused her.
"Laxus will travel with Rachel and I will travel with you. If Rachel needs your help we will pull over and get your help." Said the old man.
"I can go with Laxus." Mira said
"That would be better." Said gramps
"Fine." Poliusica said going back in the room.

Wendy put a spell on me. So I don't throw up on Mira and Rachel. Everyone was worried about Rachel. We all left and Mira and I were in silence. Wendy also put a spell on Rachel. Wendy tried to heal Rachel but it wasn't working.
We were moving around like crazy. I would have been dead.
I looked at Rachel and she still had pain in her face. She looked pail and weak.
"You love her don't you?" I heard Mira's soft voice say. I looked at her wide eye. I'm pretty sure I was blushing. Mira giggled and looked at Rachel still smiling. I saw Rachel's face. So pretty, so fare. Even tho her face was beaten up.
"Yes I do." She looked up at me and laughed!
"Have you two kissed yet?"
"Uh... yes. We agreed we would start dating. But we weren't going to tell anyone until the games are over. So don't tell anyone not even the old man!"
"You two are so bad at hiding your relationship! It was so obvious!!" Mira said laughing her butt off.
I looked at Rachel and remembered when we first met.

Flashback:
Laxus:6 Rachel:5

"Hey??!! Are you ok?" A girl my age!! Wow she's all dirty, she's really pretty! Especially her brown hair! She opened her eyes slowly and she saw me and slowly sat up.
"Are you okay?!" I said again
"Ye...yes."
"What are you doing here? "
"Looking."
"For what."
"Fairy tail."
"Wait?! Really!! I know where fairy tail is!! My grandpa is the master of that guild!"
"Really? Could you take me there?"
"Yah!!! What's your name?" I said reaching my hand out to her.
"Rachel Dragneel."
"Sweet!! I'm Laxus Dreyer!"
No one point of view:
The two little kids took hands and walked to the fairy tail guild. That was the beginning.
End of flashback:
I can't believe how time flies. We finally made it to magnolia. I carried Rachel. Poliusica was still giving me the stare. I set her on the hospital bed in the guild. I kissed her on the forehead.
"I love you Rachel." I whispered. Then Poliusica ordered me to get out. Everyone in the guild was showing up. I still was outside the door. Waiting to go in and be by Rachel.

Poliusica came and got me into the room.
"I don't like you. But Rachel needs you right now."
"How so?"
"When that wizard saint hit Rachel in her side at this place," she lifted Rachel's shirt up a little bit to reveal a star shaped scar just above her left hip. I jumped. I knew exactly what that was. Who caused it. How it was there. "There is no time to daydream! That wound still isn't healed. You really did a number on her didn't you?"
I bowed my head and looked at Rachel's face. I got a lump in my throat remembering how she got that scar on her left hip.
Flash back:
Laxus: 19 Rachel:18

No ones point of view:

It was cloudy, maybe about to rain. Rachel walked down the dark streets of magnolia. Trying to get home before lightning starts flying everywhere. She took an alley for a short cut to her house. The air smelt funny to her. She finally was walking and she heard a sound. There was purple writing around her making a box. She thought to her self"Crap! Is it freed!? That means..."
"Well well well, what do we have here." A man said walking up behind her. She said "Laxus, why are you here. I'm just trying to get home."
"You're not going home for a while." Laxus said with a evil smirk. Then Freed, Bixlo, and Evergreen came out of the shadows.
Then evergreen yelled "Fairy bomb attack!!" Her magic came and hit Rachel, but it didn't affect her. She actually ate all the fire and explosions.
"I knew you were worthless, get out of my sight!!!" Yelled Laxus. Then freed took his blade out.
"Dark ecature pain!!" Then Bixlo yelled
"Arian formation babies!!!!"
All the blasts came at Rachel, flying towards her. She let them hit her and she was knocked down. Little did she know that the worst was soon to come. She had a few scratches but nothing serious. She stood up.
"That was your last mistake!" Laxus roared! He charged at her and punched her in the stomach. All the air left her body and she fell to her knees. Then Laxus kicked her in the face . She fell on her back. Then he held his hand above his head then lightning formed around his hand. He sent the lightning down toward Rachel.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" She wailed. Lightning always is the worst for her. It is her greatest weakness. If he used any of his spells that would usually make a grown man fall to his knees would almost kill Rachel.
Rachel could barley keep her eyes open. Her vision blurry. She stood up her legs wobbly, she was struggling for breath.
"Why? Why are you doing this Laxus?" She said with tears falling from her cheeks.
He chuckled and got in her face. "Because you've been the problem. You've always been in the way. And I know you're going to tell the old geezer what me and the thunder legion have been doing and planning. I know you know all that information. So this is to teach you a lesson."
He kicked Rachel and she flew into a wall. He then again picked her up by the hair, he made a lightning fist. He hit Rachel's left side, he ran her threw with lightning. The lightning spread out in her body.
Tears filled her eyes as she screamed in pain. Blood came out of her wound, Laxus let go of her and she fell to the ground.
She clenched her side in pain. She twitched in pain as the after shocks of lightning made her body convulse. Laxus' eyes widened because he didn't realize how much that hurt Rachel. She was spitting out blood and crying.
"La... Laxus. Why are you, why did you change so... so much?" She said struggling to breathe. Laxus felt really bad, but he didn't want to show it.
"You aren't going to tell anyone about this.Got it? And if you do, I'll make sure that Nastu gets hurt like you. But worse. Am I clear?" Laxus said lifting Rachel's chin up.
Rachel snarled "f...fine. I won't tell anyone."
"That's it sweetheart. Not a soul, ever. Now get out of my sight, wait go to the guild, but I meant what I said, don't tell a soul. Ever."
Then he vanished

Back to present day:

"Yah I remember."
"You're lightning is still in her body, slowly killing her from the inside." Poliusica said.
"How can I help?"
"You need to take the lightning out of her."
"How do I do that?"
"The only way to do that is to straddle her and to suck the lightning out threw her mouth. I know it will be uncomfortable but Rachel will die if it stays in her." I turned red. But I don't want her to die. I have to do what ever it takes to save her.
I got on top of Rachel, I'm sorry Rachel but this needs to be done. She had pain on her face and was really pale. I leaned closer to her and kissed her then I practically gave her mouth to mouth but instead of me blowing air in I was sucking the air out. I was trying to eat the lightning that was in her. I kept breathing in and I felt Rachel's body jult. And I could feel static and Rachel slightly screamed in my mouth.
My hands were on her shoulders. Finally I got the lightning to her chest area. And Rachel coughed blood into my mouth and she was gripping the sheets. I felt so bad that I was causing her pain again, tears rolled down her face.
I gave one final deep breath and Rachel screamed louder in my mouth and I felt the lightning in my mouth. I broke the painful kiss and lightning shot threw out the infirmary. Rachel coughed one last thing of blood and her breathing had in creased. I hugged her and whispered" I'm so sorry Rachel." I lay her down on the bed and got off of her.
"She's going to be fine now." Poliusica said. I felt something wet near my eyes and I was crying! I didn't even realize it.
"Go clean yourself off." She said
I got into the bathroom and saw blood all around my mouth and in trickled down my neck and on my shirt. I washed my face off and changed my shirt.(I keep extras in the guild)
I went back into the infirmary and as I was walking I heard Rachel's voice. I walked in and saw her sitting up in the bed with a smile on her face.
"Hi Laxus!" She said. I walked up to her and sat on her bed. I looked at Poliusica
"Can we have some privacy?"
She growled"fine!" And left the room.
I broke down crying in Rachel's lap. "Im so sorry Rachel. "
"For what?" She said setting her hand on my hair and moving her fingers threw it.
"You're hurt because of me."
"But I'm alive because of you!" She said holding my face with both of her hands. She came and kissed me. I deepened the kiss. And she pulled away, she looked really sleepy.
"Now go to sleep. You've had a ruff day." I said kissing her on the forehead. She laid down and closed her eyes. "Will you please get some sleep and eat?" Rachel said sleepily. Laxus sighed
"Fine." Laxus said standing up and heading for the door. He looked at her once more before he closed the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 131 14
A girl around 10 years old joins fairy tail around the same time that Natsu and a few others join. Specializing in Shadow magic a magic not particula...
157K 3.1K 20
Y/N was only 11 years old when she was saved by Laxus and ended up joining Fairy Tail. She was nothing but timid and shy that he couldn't help but pr...
23.2K 709 17
πŸŽ‡ ━━ βͺ 𝙴𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝙡 πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš†π™Ύπšπ™»π™³ ❫ ❛ 𝗂𝖿 𝗂 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 π—„π—‡π—ˆπ— 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 ...
205K 5.8K 35
"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me" --Joshua Graham E.N.D is revived during the Grand magic games, Zeref...