The Contract That saved my Br...

By sel_evelyn

What are you willing to help your only sibling? Would you do anything? Well, Alexandra didnt quiet had option... More

The Contract... that saved my brother but not me
Chapter 1: My new life & home
Chapter 2: Ian and Kyle
Chapter 3: He likes me?
Chapter 4: Alex + Ian= love ?
Chapter 6: How about we try?
Chapter 7: Our first date
Chapter 8: Too good to be true...
Chapter 9: Kyle
Chapter 10: Hoping
Chapter 11: Getting better...
Chapter 12: Uncle Luis
Chapter 13: Three more days
Chapter 14: Disaster comes knocking
Chapter 15: My wedding day
Chapter 16: Honeymoon
Chapter 16: Extended
Chapter 17: Going back home
Chapter 18: The Truth Comes out
Chapter 19: After the truth
Chapter 20: Hope
Chapter 21: What should I do?
Chapter 22: Auction and Love
Chapter 23: Finding peace?
Chapter 24: Cheated
Chapter 25: Past and Present
Chapter 26: I am free
Chapter 27: Life goes on
Chapter 28: Wrong deal
Chapter 29: Baby surprise
Chapter 30: Another surprise???
Chapter 31: I still want him
Chapter 32: The truth finally comes out
Chapter 33: Time flies
Chapter 34: Finding Alex
Chapter 35: Continue Finding Alex
Chapter 36: Babies Time
Chapter 37: Finalizing
Chapter 38: The start of the end Part 1
Chapter 39: 38 continued
Chapter 40: Missing
Chapter 41: The start of the end Part II
Chapter 42: The Final Result
Time Passes By: The End
Ending Two (Alternative Ending)

Chapter 5: Engaged

10.1K 370 28
By sel_evelyn

I wake up to the smell of bacon! I run to the kitchen, pajamas and messy hair on, and get breakfast. No one is sitting in the table, I check the kitchen.

I see a guy cooking. "Hey, why do I smell bacon?" I ask.

Ian smiles, "Maybe because I am cooking some?"

"Ian, I didn't recognize you. Why are you cooking? Don't you have like a dozen maids?" I ask.

He comes to me kisses my forehead. "Alex, you offend me. I can cook my own bacon," he says. He turns off the stove and places the bacon on two different plates.

"You wanna eat in the table or out in the balcony?" he asks. Wow, that's a non-expecting thing from him. I smile, "Outside, it is very pretty outside."

He smiles, not the fake smile, I see his eyes glowing this time. We walk outside and sit in the round table. I see people moving tables, chairs, and even food inside the house.

"Your eggs are going to get cold," Ian interrupts my viewing.

I just nod and start to eat. He actually cooks pretty well. We eat silently but not the cold silence as before. I finish early so I go get ready. "Wait," Ian exclaims. He pulls me to him and sits me on his lap.

He stares at my eyes before kissing me. I pull away after a few seconds, "Ian, I don't think.." He just nods so I stand and leave to my room. My heart is going crazy. Is he really trying?

...

IAN POV:

"Jennifer please stop!" I am chasing down Jennifer that idiot stole Alex's gift.

"Ha! You are so stupid!" she yells. She bumps into my dad. "Oh shit, sorry dad."

I get the little box out of her hands and hide it behind me. Dad just shakes his head and tells us to get ready.

Jennifer is still giggling, apparently my present seems cute and stupid to her.

"You are so annoying," I say.

"I know," Jennifer says as she leaves.
I look at the white box on my hands. I hope she likes it.

That afternoon:

I am waiting for Alex to come out of her room. I hear her scream and her mom yelling at her to grow up.

"Ma, that hurts!!"

"Alexandra, it's for your own good!"

The door suddenly opens and Lizabeth comes out with her hair messed up. She nervously smiles, "Hello, Ian, Alex will come out now, she BETTER!"

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"She is a little bit nervous. She thinks she will mess up everything," Lizabeth answers.

I tell her to go downstairs with Johnny. I will take care of everything.

I open the door quietly and look at her.  She looks beautiful with her hair straight. She has white pants that tighten on her small waist, and a peach sleeveless blouse with ruffles in a V-neck shape that shows some cleavage.

"Do I look appropriate?" she asks. She looks at her high heels then back at me.

I just nod. She breathes in deeply and walks towards me. I see she has some make up on, but not a lot. She is a natural beauty.

"Let's go, don't want to keep them waiting more," Alex says. She grabs my hand and we start to walk to the door but I stop.

"Wait, I have something for you," I say. I take out the little box from my pocket and give to her.

"What is it?" she asks.

"Open it, hope you like it," I say.

She lightly smiles and opens it. She throws the top of the box to the ground and sighs.

"Ian, this is beautiful," she says.

I take the gold charm bracelet and put it on her wrist. It has a little gold heart with a black "A" on it.

ALEX POV:

Ian just smiles and takes my hand. He tells me to relax to take a deep breathe. He lightly kisses my cheek to assure me everything will be okay.

We walk to the grand room of the house. As soon as we walk in every pair of eyes look at us. There is only like 20 people in the room but still, I feel like if there are a thousand of them!

"Everyone this is my future wife, Alexandra." Ian exclaims. We walk and everyone claps. Ian directs me to his grandparents, his mom's parents.

"Oh look at that handsome young man!" Clair said. She is Ian's grandmother. She is your typical grandma, gray hair, wrinkles, and nice. Clair has a long sleeve black dress with her gray hair in a bun. She is still quite pretty, well her green eyes and lashes are, tall and thin. She looks elegant with her jewels and glass of wine.

Ian hugs her and greets his grandpa, Albert. He is old, bald and has a beer belly. He also has a gray mustache. I guess he was handsome in the past.

Clair looks at me and smiles, "So you are my granddaughter-in-law?"

"Yes, I am, nice to meet you," I say. I hug her and kiss her cheek, that's how I am use to say hi to people.

She kind of gets confuse but shakes it off. "Nice to meet you too Alexandra, what a nice girl Ian got. I am happy you two are together."

I thank her and say hi to Albert. He chuckles loudly, "Wow, Ian," he winks at Ian, "this is a keeper. Nice to meet you Alex."

I greet him, "Nice to meet you too sir."

"Richard told me you both met at a party?" Clair asks.

"Yeah," I say.

Ian wraps his arm around my waist and holds me tight to him. Then I notice Kyle coming to Clair.

He kisses her cheek and says hello. "Hey! Oh my, look how handsome you have grown!" Clair exclaims. She hugs Kyle and kisses his cheek twice.

Okay, this is weird, Kyle is only a bodyguard right? How come Clair and Albert are treating him like if he is their grandchild?

"How are you sweetie? You still are going to college?" Clair asks Kyle.

"Nope, I dropped college and I'm working with Richard for now."

Clair looks worried at him. Albert asks Ian if he and Kyle have been golfing, "I know you both love that."

Kyle looks at Ian with a fake smile, "Yeah, we still go golfing Uncle Albert."

What? What the hell is going on?

"Good, now if you excuse us, I think Clair wants some of that sushi," Albert says. He grabs Clair and they cheerfully go to the food banquet.

I let go of Ian and move to the side. I am in the middle of the guys and look at them carefully.

"What the hell did you call Albert uncle?" I ask Kyle.

He just grins, "Because I am his favorite, now excuse me, I need to greet my date." I turn to the other side and see Kayla wearing a white tight dress smiling at Kyle. They kiss as a hello and walk to the bar.

Why is Kayla again his date? I feel kind of upset. Ian notices my attitude and walks away.

Ugh! I go look for my mom and Johnny. But I get stop every 2 minutes by strangers. I met Ian's two uncles, 4 aunts and his two nieces. I just say hi to some of his friends and the rest of the family members.

I finally see Johnny. He is talking to Jennifer very closely. "Hey Johnny," I say. They get surprise and nervous. "Hey Alex, you enjoying yourself?" Jennifer asks.

I just nod. Johnny drinks his wine fast and looks at me. He asks if I am okay.

"Yeah I am fine, where's mom?"

"I saw her talking to my aunt Jenny, over there at the table," Jennifer says. She points to my mom.

"Okay, enjoy the party." I say. Something is going on here, I know

The party continues, Ian is talking to all of his friends and family. I am sitting down on the main table drinking a glass of water. I'm all alone, my mom is enjoying making friends, Johnny is flirting with every girl in the room, Kyle is with Kayla and Ian is upset with me again. This party is going great, huh?

"How come this pretty girl is sitting down all alone?" Gil asks. He is standing next to me with a silver suit on.

"I don't feel comfortable," I answer.
He sits next to me and smiles, "Well, how about if I help you out? I can be your company if you just want to sit here."

"Thanks, but it's okay. Go and have fun as well," I say.

Gil looks at me with his bright blue eyes. He leans, "You should be the one having fun."

I lightly smile, "I'm okay."

His mouth goes to my ear, "You are beautiful. A beautiful woman like you shouldn't be alone in a party." Gil stands and says bye. Ian bumps into him and Gil apologizes as he walks away. Ian places his hands on top of the table and looks at me with angry eyes. I ask what he wants.

"For you to behave like you should Alex.  First it is Kyle and now Gil? Gil is engaged! I thought you wanted to give us a try," he whispers angrily.

I stand, "I am not messing around with Gil. If you are trying to say that I am a slut; I am not." I walk away and go upstairs. I go to my room and take off my shoes. I am not a slut. Right?

"Why are you up here?" Richard comes in my room. I turn to see him and he is right in front of me. I get nervous as I see his face. He looks upset, his wrinkles are more visible. Richard looks as old as he is. However, he is still charming.

"Richard, I don't feel well," I say.

He chuckles, "You sure? I saw Ian alone in the party. You were just sitting down not even talking to the family. How can you expect for them to buy that you are in love when you aren't even next to your fiancée?"

I wanted to walk to my bed but he grabs my arm. He gets a good hold on it that it starts to hurt right away.

"Let me go, it hurts," I say.

"You go back there, make my son forgive you, and do your part of the contract." I release myself and go to the door. I open the door, "I don't want to, I am sick of pretending. And FYI I didn't do anything to upset your son. He thinks I am a slut, but I am not. I am not gonna say sorry for something I didn't do."

Richard slams the door and holds me against him. He puts one hand on the wall and the other around my waist. "Look, I know that you been a good girl. Let Ian see that, he has trouble trusting people. He likes you a lot, Alex" he smiles, "You are the right girl for him."

He takes my hair off my face and lightly brushes my cheek with his fingertip.

Okay this is starting to scare me. I just stand there not knowing what to do.

"Oh, Alexandra, I get your frustration with Ian. He doesn't see the smart, beautiful, great woman he has by his side, but I do. Now how about you show him that he is wrong about you?" Richard asks. I just nod.

He cups my face delicately. "Promise me, you will try to make my son a good man."

"I promise you Richard. Can I go now?"

He looks at me from toe to my head. He smiles, "Of course." I get my shoes on and walk to the party.

I see Kyle on the entrance of the party room. He is smoking like always. I open the door but he closes it. He pulls me to him and kisses me. "I'm sorry about not telling you about Kayla being my date. I didn't know I was invited until Richard told me, so I ask Kayla to come," he says.

"Whatever, but don't kiss me. People can see us," I answer.

"Sorry," Kyle kisses my cheek.

"We talk later okay? I need to talk to Ian," I say. I look around, smile at everyone and even say hi. Finally I see Ian talking to Jennifer and Nathan.

"Oh hey Alex what up?" Nathan greets me.

"Can I grab Ian for a while?" I ask him. He nods and walks away with Jennifer. Ian looks at me very annoyingly. "What? I thought you were busy with someone else," he says.

I want to slap him but I hold my anger. I take him outside to the garden from the back door of the room.

"Why are you mad with me? I didn't do anything wrong!" I exclaim.

"I see how those guys look at you!"

"Why should that matter? I am not provoking them, I don't even like them! Kyle is with Kayla and Gil is engaged! You really think that I am that kind of girl?" I ask.

Ian shakes his head, "No."

"Then? Why you get so upset?"

Ian touches my cheek and soothes it. Why does he act like a jerk sometimes then as my prince charming?  Does he really like me?

I am such into my thoughts that I barely notice his lips on mine. "I'm sorry, Alex," Ian says.

"I forgive you, let's go back," I say. But Ian holds me against him and looks me like if he is seeing through my soul.

"No, not if you don't want to, I am not going to force you to go back."

"I have to; besides, I already met all of them right now. I will be okay."

He kisses my forehead and says okay.

We go back and everyone is starring at us. Richard comes to us and smiles. "Son, don't you have a surprise?"

Ian was confused at first but Jennifer brings him a red rose. He chuckles and remembers what the surprise is.

He turns to me, "Alexandra Maria Perez," he gets on one knee, "will you marry me?"

He gives me the rose and inside is a big shiny diamond on a gold ring. I get the rose and take out the ring. Ian stands and puts the ring on my finger.

"So? Is that a yes?" he asks.

I just nod and kiss his cheek. Everyone awes and claps begging for a real kiss. I lightly smile at my mom. She has tears on her cheeks and smiles at me big. Ian gets my chin and turns me to him.

"Please," he says before kissing me. For a second I responded back to his kiss. It feels somewhat good and not cold. I pull away and smile at the crowd. They clap once more and move on with their business.

My mom, Jennifer and Kayla congratulated me. They hug me and are smiling big.

"Wow, that was so romantic of him," Kayla says. She is the last person I want to see. I shouldn't feel this way though.
I turn to Ian, Kyle and Nathan are hugging him. Kyle looks at me with a light grin, he is not happy about this. This just reminds all of us that I will soon be Mrs. Wilson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.2K 34
Harry Potter is sick, but cannot risk skipping a Quidditch game that turned out to be almost fatal.... Until someone saves him..
1.2M 32K 31
[First book from the "Mrs Hotshot CEO" series.] "The past is a plague, it doesnt let go of us ,even if we do" Victoria Belle Woods is set up to marry...
217K 5.1K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
897K 17.1K 33
What happens when feisty Rachel Crosby who helps out at a womans refuge, takes on Adam Maxwell a millionaire property developer, who wants to tear do...